What is your favorite legendary weapon skin?

Evil.1580

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In terms of visuals, I will always love the greatswords. I just love how they look, their lore (ie, essentially being a mirror in to another dimension) and how impactful and beautiful they look.

Yes, they are over used and so many people have them, but bugger me they are so pretty.

The other one I love is Nevermore, because it's subtle, yet still manages to look fantastic. I also appreciate the Edgar Allan Poe references.

I like a lot of them.

My personal favourite is the Dreamer, but more for the projectiles than the weapon itself. The idea of a bow that shoots unicorns was so utterly absurd I had to have it, and it still amuses me now I've had it for a few years.

For the actual weapon skin it's a very close tie between Nevermore, Kudzu, The Bifrost and Astralaria. I've got The Bifrost and I'm very tempted to make Nevermore even though the character it would be most perfect for is only level 14 and a revenant so he uses a staff as a melee weapon, which I'm not sure would look right with that one.

I also like Rodgort (for the name as much as anything) and I've always been a bit disappointed that it doesn't suit any of my characters.

The greatswords are weird to me - from the right angle they look amazing, but generally that angle is very close up and slightly below them. The way I normally play is with the camera zoomed out above and behind my character and from that angle they just look blurry pinkish-white and blurry black-red. It wasn't until the 2nd Halloween when I loaded into the Labyrinth and for some reason the camera stuck on the door so it was very low down, and a big norn was in front of me holding one that I realised there was anything more to them. After that I finally got why some people like them so much, but I always think if I had them I'd only ever see a blur, so it's not really worth it.

> @Danikat.8537 said:

> I like a lot of them.

>

> My personal favourite is the Dreamer, but more for the projectiles than the weapon itself. The idea of a bow that shoots unicorns was so utterly absurd I had to have it, and it still amuses me now I've had it for a few years.

>

> For the actual weapon skin it's a very close tie between Nevermore, Kudzu, The Bifrost and Astralaria. I've got The Bifrost and I'm very tempted to make Nevermore even though the character it would be most perfect for is only level 14 and a revenant so he uses a staff as a melee weapon, which I'm not sure would look right with that one.

>

> I also like Rodgort (for the name as much as anything) and I've always been a bit disappointed that it doesn't suit any of my characters.

>

> The greatswords are weird to me - from the right angle they look amazing, but generally that angle is very close up and slightly below them. The way I normally play is with the camera zoomed out above and behind my character and from that angle they just look blurry pinkish-white and blurry black-red. It wasn't until the 2nd Halloween when I loaded into the Labyrinth and for some reason the camera stuck on the door so it was very low down, and a big norn was in front of me holding one that I realised there was anything more to them. After that I finally got why some people like them so much, but I always think if I had them I'd only ever see a blur, so it's not really worth it.

Don't you think Kudzu is 1 class below Chuka? Yes one is long and the other is short but Chuka looks so cool and the animations are fantastic.

> @bOTEB.1573 said:

> > @Danikat.8537 said:

> > I like a lot of them.

> >

> > My personal favourite is the Dreamer, but more for the projectiles than the weapon itself. The idea of a bow that shoots unicorns was so utterly absurd I had to have it, and it still amuses me now I've had it for a few years.

> >

> > For the actual weapon skin it's a very close tie between Nevermore, Kudzu, The Bifrost and Astralaria. I've got The Bifrost and I'm very tempted to make Nevermore even though the character it would be most perfect for is only level 14 and a revenant so he uses a staff as a melee weapon, which I'm not sure would look right with that one.

> >

> > I also like Rodgort (for the name as much as anything) and I've always been a bit disappointed that it doesn't suit any of my characters.

> >

> > The greatswords are weird to me - from the right angle they look amazing, but generally that angle is very close up and slightly below them. The way I normally play is with the camera zoomed out above and behind my character and from that angle they just look blurry pinkish-white and blurry black-red. It wasn't until the 2nd Halloween when I loaded into the Labyrinth and for some reason the camera stuck on the door so it was very low down, and a big norn was in front of me holding one that I realised there was anything more to them. After that I finally got why some people like them so much, but I always think if I had them I'd only ever see a blur, so it's not really worth it.

>

> Don't you think Kudzu is 1 class below Chuka? Yes one is long and the other is short but Chuka looks so cool and the animations are fantastic.

It's not bad, it's just not as interesting to me. The bow itself is basically a Bladed Recurve Bow from GW1 with even more sections, and very similar to things like the Auric Longbow. It's pretty but not exceptional. And while the projectiles are cool I just find myself thinking 'why am I shooting tigers when I could be shooting unicorns'?

Whereas Kudzu is something I've not seen anywhere else. It's very ornate and the idea of a living bow is interesting to me. I think it's very well suited to rangers and sylvari especially.

overall: definetely sunrise. even though its overused, I just love to look "through" the blade into the sky. (the effect of twilight is nice too, but it's too dark and doesn't fit with the "jesus/god-like" look (white, long hair and beard, white/golden armor) of my guard ^^)

from the list: astralaria. also love the visuals, basically for the same reasons as sunrise :)

I love a lot of them and for varied reasons.

My favourite, if I had to choose only one, would be Twilight. Not an uncommon skin but it was the first legendary skin that I fell in love with and the first that I acquired.

HMS Divinity, Nevermore, Astralaria, and Shining Blade are other ones high up there on my list.