Early End to Winter's Day

> @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> I too wish it had been a week longer, but the end date was stated in the announcement.

Besides which: it's only lasted four weeks three of the six Wintersday. The first year was less than three weeks (20 days); the second was 42 days (as I recall, there was a snowstorm and ANet decided to extend the end date). The next three years had 4 weeks of festival.

> @"Mea.5491" said:

> Yeah the weird thing is that we had no patch this week

They added tech to the game that allows them to end festivals (and similar features) without a patch. It's a huge win for them, because it gives them more control over their release schedule. They aren't forced to have two patches per festival, which gives them more flexibility.

> @"DeanBB.4268" said:

> Wait! What? I thought I was the only one giving them gifts! Those little rascals indeed were running a scam! I bet they were selling the very gifts we bought, over and over.

Keep an eye out next year. If you see one of them carefully opening a gift, smoothing out the wrapping paper and rolling it up neatly for resale at the karma vendor, we can catch them in the act

Sure, it was posted; I never said that it wasn't. My complaint is that the end day is drastically different from previous years and that through me off. I really wish there was a way to trade these unwrapped presents in for something else before Dec. 2018.