What Is The Dumbest Thing You've Done......

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:

> I contacted Anet with a panicky bug report because the event reward crates were not appearing in my inventory, and other drops were also failing to appear. There was clearly some kind of huge bug stealing my game loot.

>

> Then I noticed that one of my bag tabs was clicked shut....

Yup. Had that happen to me just this evening. Was in some massive, hard fought battles in Auric Basin. Got to open my first Exalted chests. Eagerly went into my inventory to see what I received. Nothing there...the cupboard was bare. :( Luckily, before I filed the panicky bug report, I noticed that, yes, one of my bag tabs was closed. My new goodies were all safely tucked away in there, all laughing at me for being so silly. :)

I accidentally did something I regretted, and ANet fixed it for me soon after. Not specifically for me, but a big game-changing update made it a happy accident instead of a sad one.

I got a permanent bank contract from a BL chest and accidentally unpacked it. This happened 2 weeks before shared inventory slots were introduced. I didn't find it all that useful before, I play a lot of different characters and having to transfer the thing from character to character all the time was inconvenient. I regretted not selling it. And then the shared slots appeared in the gem store. Oh, glorious day!

> @"CharterforGw.3149" said:

> The dumpest thing? Not powerleveling a character to 80 at launch and buy a massive ammount of gems, only managed to get 6000 gems as a lvl 30 character

>

> > @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> > Believing precursors actually drop?

> > No, but seriously. I sold a permanent hair style contract to buy a precursor and a headstart in the materials.

> > Kind of regret it since i don't use the skin or its stat change ability

>

> They do drop, I got the axe whilst doing an activity in the verdant brink.

LIES! DECEIT!

I don't remember any Anet interventions;

Salvaging a precursor in my early days of playing 5yrs ago, because I didn’t know what it was.

Jumping from a high point expecting to be able to glide, not seeing the glider disabled icon appear... or pre core Tyria enabled gliding.

Selling something cheaply only to see it skyrocket in price days/weeks later.

Fortunately I've yet to need Anet intervention for my mistakes.

One obnoxius thing I keep doing is expecting to use gliding or mounts when I am in the Home instance gathering nodes, or play in older story-instances, which leads me to take unnecessary fall damage a bunch of times. :p Brain, when will you learn!!

I decided I wanted to try Marshal stats on my Weaver so I crafted 6 insignia's so I could swap the stats on my current set of ascended gear... Problem is, I crafted 6 Nadijeh's Marshal Insignia's (ascended) instead of 6 Insignia's of the Spearmarshal (exotic)... 18 damask patches... RIP.

• ArenaNet Staff

In an excess of optimism, I purchased storage panels I couldn't use. Apparently I thought the Account Vault -- which I still think of as the Xunlai Chest ;) -- had unlimited (or at least greatly expandable) real estate and I just needed to pop in a few more in order to have allll the storage I needed. Right.

(CS helped me out.)

> @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> In an excess of optimism, I purchased storage panels I couldn't use. Apparently I thought the Account Vault -- which I still think of as the Xunlai Chest ;) -- had unlimited (or at least greatly expandable) real estate and I just needed to pop in a few more in order to have allll the storage I needed. Right.

>

> (CS helped me out.)

I never thought I would see a GM here. Thanks for your courage Gaile!

> @"Razor.6392" said:

> Deciding Immobulus would be my final scepter and ultimate goal to craft, back when it was worth 2000 gold.

>

> Stack thousands of silver and gold ingots looking forward for a price increase in HoT... and then at PoF... still waiting.

>

> Acquired many stacks of refined T6 leather in hopes for a price increase after HoT. It did rise! But I sold it right away for a rather small profit compared to what I could have gotten later. Talking about hundreds of gold, if not a thousand.

>

> Bought a variety of black lion weapon skins over time and held on to them, since it seemed to work for easy money. Their prices never increased, in fact they dropped.

>

> I'm sure I'm missing a lot more.

>

Along those lines, I tried buying up supply of a fairly expensive item in hopes of adjusting the price upwards.

Instead, the market corrected the other direction. HARD. If I were more paranoid I'd say I walked into a trap.

> @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> In an excess of optimism, I purchased storage panels I couldn't use. Apparently I thought the Account Vault -- which I still think of as the Xunlai Chest ;) -- had unlimited (or at least greatly expandable) real estate and I just needed to pop in a few more in order to have allll the storage I needed. Right.

>

> (CS helped me out.)

How does that work, do you like just walk over there at lunch time with some dohnuts and be all, hey wanna hook me up, I made a boo boo, or do they actually make you fill out the same forum as us :p

On another point, we should have way more storage than we do ;) maybe you could nudge someone about that...

Well, yeah. I still shake my head about this one. When GW2 was released, I played the pre release and then for about a month an a half. So, until about mid November or so. I was having trouble wrapping my mind around the game. But one thing I was sure about, the TP was evil and just a way for Anet to steal my gold.(face palm) Anywho, I walked away from the game due to work, I was traveling, off and on for about a year. I spent very little time home and hotel connections just suck. But on a rare occasion, in Mid March, I was home and decided to play for the weekend. I got a precursor drop, the sword. Woot right? Well, no. I was dirt poor, maybe a gold to my name at that point. I saw the thing that said, used in the crafting of a legendary weapon" and thought to myself, I am never going to do that (7 legendries later), so I sold it to the merchant because the TP was evil. I am not even sure I could have afforded the listing price. I forgot all about it until 2 years later when I got my second pre drop. I don't talk about it much and for all intense purposes I refer to my second drop as my first. Do'uh

• 4 weeks later...

> @"Rubi Bayer.8493" said:

> I'll be the brave employee to step into this thread.

>

> I run two accounts, a private one and a public/work one, and I play both of them consistently. However, one of them is more neglected WRT AP, cosmetics, and stuff like that. Aaaaaaand sometimes I don't pay enough attention to which one I'm currently using.

>

> So one day last fall I decided to buy some gem store treats for my neglected account, to catch her up a little bit. I buy them, receive them, and spent like five minutes in utter confusion about the "You already have this unlocked" messaging before I realized "OH HEY check that out I am on the not-neglected, pretty-shiny account!"

>

> I gathered up my shame and went to find someone who could help. "So HYPOTHETICALLY SPEAKING if an employee account bought something in the gem store and she bought it on the wrong account how do we resolve that? Does that person submit a regular support ticket or do you have to deal with it differently? No reason, I'm just wondering."

>

> Gawd that was embarrassing.

It's so nice to know we aren't the only ones doing dumb crap. Yesterday I made a toon and placed bags and 40 level boost on her along with other items. I jumped on another toon really quick to come back and seeing how short she was decided to remake her. Yes I forgot to empty the bags and items back into the bank. Hence my new ticket. As a chronic pain patient on many different medications that affect the memory, it's a wonder I haven't made more mistakes like that since I am a altaholic. On that note it would be great if someone went to delete a toon that all items and bags went back into the bank upon deletion. That would save a bunch of time for you guys. Another would be a option on accounts to go back before signing off and undestroy items. Yes many of us are flaky.

> @"cNd.1096" said:

> I keep buying keys..

Ha... I gave it up but I used to...

> @"Biff.5312" said:

> I spent laurels on unidentified dyes before I figured out that a) you get a million dyes over time, and b) laurels are actually necessary for other stuff.

Back in the day you used to get 5 or 10 (can't remember) per laurel. That was short lived before nerf hammer.