Is there a playable race out there you would be willing to replace for another?

This isn't about customizable or lore or design or whichever specifically. It's about as a whole.

Is there a race that we can play as that you simply don't care for or don't have? Once again, it's not about customizable choices as one race I really like is Charr and wish to have one as my characters, but don't have one due to the customizing choices not fitting to my needs of making a Charr.

Would you like humans gone for Largos? Asurans gone for Kodans? Sylvari gone for Tengu? Centaurs? Quaggan? Skritt?

Obviously a "what if" scenario as there's no way Arenanet would just remove a playable race to add a new one.

Just wondering on people's thoughts as it popped in my mind recently.

I'd like Norn gone for Kodan because when I started the game (as a Charr) and was learning about the GW2 world, the Norn was interesting because they had a unique ability to transform into were-beasts and I love that kind of thing. Later on, when I tried playing one and discovered how limited the transformations were (although for a good while, Snow leopard was a thing in WvW...not sure about now), I was very disappointed...I mean, do you ever see Eir or Braham using a transformation? I'd prefer a bear-person instead <_

For me, the question is moot. Even if ANet had the resources for such a swap, it wouldn't address my larger concerns/interests regarding race choices. In particular, it wouldn't guarantee voice actors I can listen to story after story, being able to customize the character to my liking, nor whether the lore continues to interest me years later. For example, a potentially cheap trade would be dropping Norn for Kodan. The shape of bear-people would kill a lot of armor choices, the existing voice actors already seem like they are hibernating, and I feel their lore wouldn't be that much more interesting than Norn lore.

Some specifics about our current options.

* I love asura, but don't play more because their small stature prevents me from enjoying armor/weapons as much.

* Norn feel a bit too much like party-animal humans and I really despair of the female voice actor (the male would be my least favorite VA by far, except for the female).

* Gotta have humans; can't see them being replaced.

* Love charr voices and story. Agree with OP that I have few because it's hard to enjoy armor/weapons and mounts with them.

* Sylvari are great. Love voices. Like the lore. I'd play more of them if the preview on their skin fit what I saw in game better, e.g. I'd like to show using in-game lighting plus various armor/weapons.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> For me, the question is moot. Even if ANet had the resources for such a swap, it wouldn't address my larger concerns/interests regarding race choices. In particular, it wouldn't guarantee voice actors I can listen to story after story, being able to customize the character to my liking, nor whether the lore continues to interest me years later. For example, a potentially cheap trade would be dropping Norn for Kodan. The shape of bear-people would kill a lot of armor choices, the existing voice actors already seem like they are hibernating, and I feel their lore wouldn't be that much more interesting than Norn lore.

>

> Some specifics about our current options.

> * I love asura, but don't play more because their small stature prevents me from enjoying armor/weapons as much.

> * Norn feel a bit too much like party-animal humans and I really despair of the female voice actor (the male would be my least favorite VA by far, except for the female).

> * Gotta have humans; can't see them being replaced.

> * Love charr voices and story. Agree with OP that I have few because it's hard to enjoy armor/weapons and mounts with them.

> * Sylvari are great. Love voices. Like the lore. I'd play more of them if the preview on their skin fit what I saw in game better, e.g. I'd like to show using in-game lighting plus various armor/weapons.

>

>

I agree with this, and love all of the race characters available to us. Would I like more playable races, of course, as it would allow me to play through their stories and learn even more about the lore associated with them. I'd also love to have more customization, as our choices seem so very limited.

I would actually ditch 50% of all Charr and Asura just to get rid of any chance to ever see a tengu again, I really like Asura and Charr, I don't enjoy playing them but I like their background stories and I like many of their characters but when it comes to the Tengu, all Tengu we've met in GW2 so far where either annoying or boring and on top of that they're bird people. Do you guys have any idea how impractical wings are when you're trying to wield a shield?

> @"TwilightSoul.9048" said:

> I would actually ditch 50% of all Charr and Asura just to get rid of any chance to ever see a tengu again, I really like Asura and Charr, I don't enjoy playing them but I like their background stories and I like many of their characters but when it comes to the Tengu, all Tengu we've met in GW2 so far where either annoying or boring and on top of that they're bird people. Do you guys have any idea how impractical wings are when you're trying to wield a shield?

When was this only about the Tengu (only) exactly?

Would not trade any of them.

I absolutely adore sylvari and play one as a main.

I really like charr... big demon cats ftw.

I really like asura, switching to my asura alt I enjoy their movements a lot.

Norn... a little more boring, but still likeable enough.

Humans... also kinda boring, but they also have to be there, even I would find it weird if they weren't.

I don't want skritt, quaggan, largos or kodan at all, they just don't seem like viable playable option to me one bit... well maybe largos... but eh.

The ONLY option I see at least a little likely is tengu and I would love that.... but we will never get more races or swaps... so whatever.

I really dislike childlike angsty Braham, I also dislike the female Norn-VA, but that race is part of the world and should remain, even if I don't play Norn. Besides, Eir was great. I like the other races and my next character will probably be a Teenage Mutant Warrior Kitten, since I don't have one yet. I don't get the obsession about Tengu. The only nonplayable race that's utterly awesome are Skritt. Gotta love the shiny. But playing shiny? Don't know about that.

> @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> > @"KronosBaelfire.6289" said:

> > Bye bye Asurans and Norns, hello Dwarves and Largos!

>

> Why the Asura? They're one of the most unique races I've seen in MMO's in a while.

> And my necro looks like a real demon

You just answered your own question. Although gremlins would be a more appropriate description of them imho.

Excelsior,

first of all I think it's actually species, because races are a sub-classification. But meh, I know what you mean.

I think removing ~~Norn~~ would do no harm. They are just weird tall humans with a weird voice. Also, as far as I notice, they don't care that much about the bigger picture. They are there in their ice world, drinking beer and do pub brawls.

**Humans** are necessary in every game. They are the anchor, the average, the people you can put generic stats and stories and and you will attract a huge junk of possible players with.

**Charr** are beautiful feline beasts that manage to still have an organized life. Also, if you look around in the video game scene, or closer in the MMORPG scene, beast races that run like actual felines on all fours is a rare thing. I like their story, I like what they did to the humans, I like their grumpy attitudes.

**Sylvari,** well, design-wise just like the Charr - Very interesting. But I don't like this weird esotherical nonsense, and so I dislike the entire "race" a bit and that puts them below my personal "care-threshold".

The **Asura** are outstanding, especially for someone just playing small races like me (since 2010). Unlike other games, the Asura really have integrated themselves and are very important to the other "species"/races. I like everything about them: Their body, their feet, teeth, ears, hands, view on life, animations, voice lines and actors. It goes so well with my ingame character, a perfect synergy. And from one of the many pre-release PDFs I collected, even arenaNet loves Asura and enjoy them very much to develop and write.

**GuildWars without Asura and Charr is like a burger without patty and meat.**

Adding? Yes. Tengu.

Maybe largos if their fins are a cultural back item or player largos lose them in the tutorial in an accident.

Maybe a mist entity like Razah was, since it could look like any other race and use any of their voices.

But replacing? You can't do that. You just can't. You'd take away something from way too many people.

(Spoiler Alert: There's a Spoiler in the last sentence for those who aren't up to date)

> @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> > @"TwilightSoul.9048" said:

> > I would actually ditch 50% of all Charr and Asura just to get rid of any chance to ever see a tengu again, I really like Asura and Charr, I don't enjoy playing them but I like their background stories and I like many of their characters but when it comes to the Tengu, all Tengu we've met in GW2 so far where either annoying or boring and on top of that they're bird people. Do you guys have any idea how impractical wings are when you're trying to wield a shield?

>

> When was this only about the Tengu (only) exactly?

Never, I like all races in the game except for the Tengu, that's why I posted that. I'm 100% happy with our available playable races I just wanted to point out that I hope to never see more of the Tengu ever, unfortunatly I think we'll be seeing more of them in the future, not as a playable race though.

I honestly don't get all these discussions about more playable races or other playable races, I'd much rather see more attention to our current playable races, Charr and Norn barely ever get any attention and on top of that, since Eir died, the Norn are beeing represented by Braham who likes to hit walls for no apparent reason and is generally not the most impressive fighter. I'd love to see our playable races getting a new, more polished, identity.