Home Instance Garden Plots

Palador.2170

> @"Menadena.7482" said:

> It has to be unlocked?

Using the deed might unlock it, but I wasn't paying close enough attention to confirm whether that did the trick, or if I had to get a seed drop first--I didn't expect it to be in the Black Lion collection section, so didn't even find it until my second seed drop. I don't think it's visible at all for those who haven't purchased a plot.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am curfuddled as to why ANET thought a garden plot system was a valuable use of time and resource. Surely it would of taken less time and effort to just place a mystic toilet recipe in place and guaranteed dye recipes for chefs. I mean it's not like players don't forage stuff all across the game.

Or maybe someone thought it would be a cool idea to have the LFG system refilled with all those "farm my home instance for coins" again.

I understand the gemstore needs to turn a profit but surely you can come up with bigger and better ideas than this.

I will purchase one plot and play, but I now see what little use it really is besides the metabolics.. which never needed a garden plot :disappointed:

I bought both plots. Don't have much to spend on gold on lately anyway. I'm planting the raw materials for the Bowl of Sweet and Spicy Butternut Squash Soup, because the thing is obscenely expensive and the high-demand materials aren't going to become cheap anytime soon. Lemongrass, Clove, Garlic, Onion. Lemongrass is for the other food item which reduces condi duration.

Plots can also be home specific, meaning you can have different plants growing all at once! I tested this out.

I have Saffron on my charr, beets on human, artichoke on asura, carrots on norn, and potatoes on sylvari.

None of them are overridden at all which is quite a great surprise, which also means that even if you get two per plant, having all the same plant in each home instance garners a small yield.

Edit: for some reason the asure home instance now has beets instead of artichokes while charr still has saffron. Will have to test it out more to see if maybe the new build did something or this was an unintended bug that they want to squash and have every plot be the same in every home instance.

> @"miraude.2107" said:

> Plots can also be home specific, meaning you can have different plants growing all at once! I tested this out.

>

> I have Saffron on my charr, beets on human, artichoke on asura, carrots on norn, and potatoes on sylvari.

>

> None of them are overridden at all which is quite a great surprise, which also means that even if you get two per plant, having all the same plant in each home instance garners a small yield.

>

> Edit: for some reason the asure home instance now has beets instead of artichokes while charr still has saffron. Will have to test it out more to see if maybe the new build did something or this was an unintended bug that they want to squash and have every plot be the same in every home instance.

I came here to ask that very question when I went to harvest the plants I sowed in Salma District when I went to Hero's Canton.

Thanks for sharing the observation!

Edit: It seems some home instance plots share crops while others don't

The one in Hero's Canton seems to have unique crops from the one in Salma District, but I will find out tomorrow which one it shares with.

> @"Mewcifer.5198" said:

> > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > @"Mewcifer.5198" said:

> > > These are useful when raiding

> >

> > Sure, if you tend to forget to update food when there's a change in scenery. Some foods & 'oils' are too expensive to refresh before they expire, but many are going to end up being cheaper to refresh 'too often' rather than devoting 1000 gems + a week's worth of seedlings.

>

> Yeah, I agree with you there. The stuff I use is actually relatively cheap so refreshing them every 30 minutes isn't a loss. But some foods are a lot :#

I bought more for convenience when raiding and not cost saving. I can now just go into my raid group on raid night, load utilities and not worry until the sesson is over. :)

> @"CharterforGw.3149" said:

> > @"Jaq.6829" said:

> > I invited someone before I had harvested and they were able to harvest them. I harvested after. Then when inviting another person they were unable to harvest.

> >

> > I do hope that this is just a bug and that they are intended to be harvested by more than just the home instance owner. I regretted buying the bounty board after I learned it was only for me and I couldn't let my friends use it as well as I could the rest of the nodes.

>

> I don't think they intent it to be used by multiple people, it would reduce their sales. They probably are supposed to be a more "fun" type of node

If that's the case I'm not buying the 2nd plot as intended. Of 3 guild members going in, none could harvest after me.

I'll wait and see what happens.

Just a note to let people know, the guaranteed dye unlocks are only for the dyes that are in the game since the start, they will not unlock any of the exclusive dyes that were added through the BLTP dye packs.

Kinda disappointing, really, I should have waited until the wiki was updated. Oh well.

> @"Loosmaster.8263" said:

> > @"CharterforGw.3149" said:

> > > @"Jaq.6829" said:

> > > I invited someone before I had harvested and they were able to harvest them. I harvested after. Then when inviting another person they were unable to harvest.

> > >

> > > I do hope that this is just a bug and that they are intended to be harvested by more than just the home instance owner. I regretted buying the bounty board after I learned it was only for me and I couldn't let my friends use it as well as I could the rest of the nodes.

> >

> > I don't think they intent it to be used by multiple people, it would reduce their sales. They probably are supposed to be a more "fun" type of node

>

> If that's the case I'm not buying the 2nd plot as intended. Of 3 guild members going in, none could harvest after me.

>

> I'll wait and see what happens.

Might be a silly question but,

Did they harvest from their own first?

They can't harvest the node twice, even if it has different plants.

If they haven't harvested, I imagine it's a bug that they can't. ..as They can harvest everything else in another persons home.

> @"Taygus.4571" said:

> > @"Loosmaster.8263" said:

> > > @"CharterforGw.3149" said:

> > > > @"Jaq.6829" said:

> > > > I invited someone before I had harvested and they were able to harvest them. I harvested after. Then when inviting another person they were unable to harvest.

> > > >

> > > > I do hope that this is just a bug and that they are intended to be harvested by more than just the home instance owner. I regretted buying the bounty board after I learned it was only for me and I couldn't let my friends use it as well as I could the rest of the nodes.

> > >

> > > I don't think they intent it to be used by multiple people, it would reduce their sales. They probably are supposed to be a more "fun" type of node

> >

> > If that's the case I'm not buying the 2nd plot as intended. Of 3 guild members going in, none could harvest after me.

> >

> > I'll wait and see what happens.

>

> Might be a silly question but,

> Did they harvest from their own first?

>

> They can't harvest the node twice, even if it has different plants.

>

> If they haven't harvested, I imagine it's a bug that they can't. ..as They can harvest everything else in another persons home.

None of them had the node.

There's some inconsistency in whether/how other people can harvest from the garden plots. As of last night, one guildmate who entered the instance with me was able to harvest half the plants after I had harvested, but not the other half. The previous night, none of the nodes could be harvested after I did, but all could be before I did.

Would be neat if things like this also gave a daily collection you could do for...something? Wouldn't even have to be a big reward, just a fun to-do, if you feel like it. "Go out into the world and get me x of these 10 plants and return to me and I'll give you (thing)". Make it so the count(s) for the daily collections come directly from the harvests, kinda like the seeds, so we can't just buy the stuff from the TP, or take it out of our own inventory collection. Oh, and maybe the plants are always things we grow, and only 4 of a thing, so we could, in theory, choose to grow them for that day rather than go find them in the world? Or grow whatever we want, and go gather the quest requirements in the world? Or...ignore the daily quest entirely b/c it takes too much time and is bothersome, and the reward isn't that great (wouldn't want it to be crazy awesome, maybe a handful of crops or something).

> @"Plok.5873" said:

> Hey ArenaNet, could we please get more different seeds, starting with Ghost Pepper, Orrian & Snow Truffle? If possible, all available?

> Pretty please?

Although it would be nice, i doubt they will. There are nodes that they have that are specific to T6. They just had the snow truffle not too long ago. You can find them on the TP, but most hover around the 150-500 Gold price.

> @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> I can't imagine they'll add *any* plant that currently exist as a separate home instance node!

Not as separate nodes, but perhaps as seeds for the garden plots. Or at least all those plants used in 80er recipes.

Even with the most expensive plants we are unlikely to ever see a gain => investment. Therefore it does not seem to be an unfair advantage or danger to economic stability.

> @"Plok.5873" said:

> > @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> > I can't imagine they'll add *any* plant that currently exist as a separate home instance node!

> Not as separate nodes, but perhaps as seeds for the garden plots. Or at least all those plants used in 80er recipes.

> Even with the most expensive plants we are unlikely to ever see a gain => investment. Therefore it does not seem to be an unfair advantage or danger to economic stability.

Sorry, what I meant was that the Garden Plot will likely not get seeds that corresponds to any currently existing Home Instance Node.

So Flax, Ghost Pepper, Orrian Truffle, Sniw Truffle (all wanted by posters in the thread) is almost guaranteed not to happen, *as they are already available* for the home instance.

> @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> > @"Plok.5873" said:

> > > @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> > > I can't imagine they'll add *any* plant that currently exist as a separate home instance node!

> > Not as separate nodes, but perhaps as seeds for the garden plots. Or at least all those plants used in 80er recipes.

> > Even with the most expensive plants we are unlikely to ever see a gain => investment. Therefore it does not seem to be an unfair advantage or danger to economic stability.

>

> Sorry, what I meant was that the Garden Plot will likely not get seeds that corresponds to any currently existing Home Instance Node.

> So Flax, Ghost Pepper, Orrian Truffle, Sniw Truffle (all wanted by posters in the thread) is almost guaranteed not to happen, *as they are already available* for the home instance.

Right, as that would make the dedicated nodes for those nearly worthless.