cant find how to talk to people on the same map... (solved)

Lee.5746

/say is a local chat, it broadcasts to a specific radius around you. Local chat text is green.

/map broadcasts to most of the map. Map chat text is red.

Guild Wars 2 has customizable chat channels. If, for some reason, you're not seeing either red or green text, press backslash "\" to open the chat dialogue box (hidden by default). Click the arrow on one of the tabs. A number of checkboxes or "toggles" will appear. Make sure that Local and Map are checked. Now, whenever you're using that specific chat channel, both of those chats will appear to you. Alternatively, you can use the Gear, Settings, on the top-left to create a new chat channel and customize it.

PS: Regards to searching for a Guild: These forums have a Looking for Guild section where guilds and new members can seek each other out. I would suggest looking there as well.

> @"Trise.2865" said:

> /say is a local chat, it broadcasts to a specific radius around you. Local chat text is green.

> /map broadcasts to most of the map. Map chat text is red.

>

> Guild Wars 2 has customizable chat channels. If, for some reason, you're not seeing either red or green text, press backslash "\" to open the chat dialogue box (hidden by default). Click the arrow on one of the tabs. A number of checkboxes or "toggles" will appear. Make sure that Local and Map are checked. Now, whenever you're using that specific chat channel, both of those chats will appear to you. Alternatively, you can use the Gear, Settings, on the top-left to create a new chat channel and customize it.

>

> PS: Regards to searching for a Guild: These forums have a Looking for Guild section where guilds and new members can seek each other out. I would suggest looking there as well.

Thank you, I had just tried the map command again but no writing shows up when i send a message, i'll have a look for those check boxes, thank you

> @"Lee.5746" said:

>

>

>

> > @"Trise.2865" said:

> > /say is a local chat, it broadcasts to a specific radius around you. Local chat text is green.

> > /map broadcasts to most of the map. Map chat text is red.

> >

> > Guild Wars 2 has customizable chat channels. If, for some reason, you're not seeing either red or green text, press backslash "\" to open the chat dialogue box (hidden by default). Click the arrow on one of the tabs. A number of checkboxes or "toggles" will appear. Make sure that Local and Map are checked. Now, whenever you're using that specific chat channel, both of those chats will appear to you. Alternatively, you can use the Gear, Settings, on the top-left to create a new chat channel and customize it.

> >

> > PS: Regards to searching for a Guild: These forums have a Looking for Guild section where guilds and new members can seek each other out. I would suggest looking there as well.

>

> Thank you, I had just tried the map command again but no writing shows up when i send a message, i'll have a look for those check boxes, thank you

Still not getting a map chat. nevermind.

> @"Lee.5746" said:

> > @"Lee.5746" said:

> >

> >

> >

> > > @"Trise.2865" said:

> > > /say is a local chat, it broadcasts to a specific radius around you. Local chat text is green.

> > > /map broadcasts to most of the map. Map chat text is red.

> > >

> > > Guild Wars 2 has customizable chat channels. If, for some reason, you're not seeing either red or green text, press backslash "\" to open the chat dialogue box (hidden by default). Click the arrow on one of the tabs. A number of checkboxes or "toggles" will appear. Make sure that Local and Map are checked. Now, whenever you're using that specific chat channel, both of those chats will appear to you. Alternatively, you can use the Gear, Settings, on the top-left to create a new chat channel and customize it.

> > >

> > > PS: Regards to searching for a Guild: These forums have a Looking for Guild section where guilds and new members can seek each other out. I would suggest looking there as well.

> >

> > Thank you, I had just tried the map command again but no writing shows up when i send a message, i'll have a look for those check boxes, thank you

>

> Still not getting a map chat. nevermind.

Do you have a paid or free account? Free accounts are somewhat limited in regards to chat, and cannot send messages to Map chat.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Account#Free_accounts