What's up with Serpent's Ire meta event?

> @"DanteZero.9736" said:

> > @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> > 5-6 people?

> > You need like 35-36 at the LEAST

>

> That's near impossible to find enough people at this point. That makes getting the gloves far more difficult than it's worth.

Yeah. The issue isn't the meta though.

The issue is people are:

1. Want things easy.

2. Don't know how to CC.

3. Spread to every single person that goes near Vabbi "The meta is impossible/unbeatable" to the point everyone religiously believes that.

4. Way too impatient.

I've gotten all the funerary parts, but I still wish to do Serpents' Ir on a daily basis, but because me and like .01% of GW2 wants to do the thing, I guess I'll never beat it again.

There is some issue with the meta ... I don't know why but Anet's timer on the first/second phase where you find and kill Zealots is a little short; that is to say ... the limitation shouldn't be finding the zealots, which is usually why the timer expires. Killing the zealots can be done with a team.

> @"mercury ranique.2170" said:

> Are you on EU or NA. My experience is that you need a coordinated group simular to the triple wurm. I know that on EU the open community organises it on a regular base (and are succesfull).

Clearly anyone complaining then would be NA.

I've never seen those oranized groups.

Beaten it twice by dumb luck.

Get a commander tag (or someone in your guild to get a comm tag), put your ire group on LFG, advertise on as many maps as you can prior to the meta (it's on a strict timer - i cant exactly remember when but its something like every hour at xx:55?), heck go into bounty trains and state your group is doing the meta, and make sure your come equipped with explanations for people because most will have no idea what to do. Also be prepared to explain WHAT cc is without telling people to google it - a lot of people still have no idea and will do nothing if you tell them to cc. Make sure you're spouting commands in map chat as well as squad because a portion of attendees will be outside of squad.

I'd suggest splitting into two or three groups at bomb phase, one large group of 20+, one or two smaller groups of 7+ if you can (if you have less than 50 people only split into two groups, zerg + a single smaller group), start at roughly opposite ends of the pool.

> @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> > @"DanteZero.9736" said:

> > > @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> > > 5-6 people?

> > > You need like 35-36 at the LEAST

> >

> > That's near impossible to find enough people at this point. That makes getting the gloves far more difficult than it's worth.

>

> Yeah. The issue isn't the meta though.

> The issue is people are:

> 1. Want things easy.

> 2. Don't know how to CC.

> 3. Spread to every single person that goes near Vabbi "The meta is impossible/unbeatable" to the point everyone religiously believes that.

> 4. Way too impatient.

>

> I've gotten all the funerary parts, but I still wish to do Serpents' Ir on a daily basis, but because me and like .01% of GW2 wants to do the thing, I guess I'll never beat it again.

My problem is that I can't go to that area without my game turning into a slow slideshow of my death. The FPS drop I get in that zone is insane, and adding in a meta event with a bunch of people makes it even worse. I managed to do the event once and won't be going back at least until I get a new computer which will hopefully reduce some of the FPS drop.

> @"DanteZero.9736" said:

> > @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> > 5-6 people?

> > You need like 35-36 at the LEAST

>

> That's near impossible to find enough people at this point. That makes getting the gloves far more difficult than it's worth.

I found a group yesterday, the event went smooth and fast.

But... it's still overtuned and worthless and tbh I don't see a reason to play it after I got my collection stuff and achievement.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

>

> But... it's still overtuned and worthless and tbh I don't see a reason to play it after I got my collection stuff and achievement.

This right here is the bigger problem, this meta is not fun to do at all, and its little wonder that people are having a difficult time doing it now, because unless your getting a group/guild who are doing it and you get in on it, you may be out of luck for this one, im surprised anet haven't looked into the meta events on the new maps and change them up so people come back, now outside the occasional bounty run the new maps are dead.