Dyeing effects?

Ayakaru.6583

I was just thinking about it the other way.

About some effects, and how they restrict fashion wars.

For example, a warrior, given the winters monarch outfit, the frozen glider, and the glacial torch, glacial sword, and glacial longbow. They would, of course, still produce a lot of red fire.

Wouldn’t it be nice if there was green and blue fire animations as well?

And for the guardian, if all that blue crystallized mist could also be red?

And the mesmers, if they could be yellow instead of purple?

I wonder how difficult it would be to program, and seeing how big fashion wars is, would it be worth an investment?

I know i wouldnt mind paying for blue fire on the warrior, and red mistfire on the guardian.

I have a feeling they wouldn't want to do this because of PvP.

Do you know about League of Legends? They released a skin for a character, Lux, which similarly altered the sfx of her spells - with the unintentional benefit of these alterations making them much harder to distinguish by enemy players. So the skin gave you an unintended advantage.

I think Anet are wise not to muck about ability effects and the like as a result.

> @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> I have a feeling they wouldn't want to do this because of PvP.

>

> Do you know about League of Legends? They released a skin for a character, Lux, which similarly altered the sfx of her spells - with the unintentional benefit of these alterations making them much harder to distinguish by enemy players. So the skin gave you an unintended advantage.

>

> I think Anet are wise not to muck about ability effects and the like as a result.

Even if its just the color? The shapes and stuff stay the same.

Its my opinion the warrior’s fire quake and circle is distinct enough.

Same with the guardians chains and floaty weapons. A different coloured hammer won’t me think ‘thats not a guardian’.

And if such is the case we can always restrict it to pve?

And I dont mean a whole scala of effects, just like.. red, blue, green, and yellow.

For fire, ice, corription and sand

I too think that it would confuse players, not only that, but it kinda messes with the class uniqueness, which is important to some people. Giving warrior a blue fire animation would make him look like a guardian. Classes have these specific animation colors so that people can immediately recognize, what they are up against.

Possible solution for that would be, that only you could see different colors should you choose to.

There's already an option to make all opponents in PvP use standard models for pretty much exactly this reason - people were worried that playing on a smaller/larger character or using certain equipment would make you and your attacks harder to identify. If they did give us the option to customise our skill effects they could simply make the standard models option standardise that as well.

And I think it's something they should be able to do, because legendary weapons already do something similar. A lot of them change projectile effects into something specific to the weapon (like Nevermore's ravens or the Dreamer's unicorns) and some affect other skills too. Or change the entire colour of your character, like the Juggernaut.

I can't say that it's ever really bothered me, even though several of my characters have colour schemes that don't match their professions skills. (Probably the worst offender is my mesmer who is white, black and pale green but then covered in bright pink effects.) But I certainly wouldn't mind having the option to change them if it was made available.

@Danikat.8537 , indeed, that is how i need to play the game sometimes, due visual clutter and some possible ways to leech strategie in a fight .

Asurans necros get get smaller than their minions.... when u have several minons with players smaller that small ... and some are mesmers..

Edit: ive seen asurans as small as almost the initial Taimi character.

> @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > I have a feeling they wouldn't want to do this because of PvP.

> >

> > Do you know about League of Legends? They released a skin for a character, Lux, which similarly altered the sfx of her spells - with the unintentional benefit of these alterations making them much harder to distinguish by enemy players. So the skin gave you an unintended advantage.

> >

> > I think Anet are wise not to muck about ability effects and the like as a result.

>

> Even if its just the color? The shapes and stuff stay the same.

> Its my opinion the warrior’s fire quake and circle is distinct enough.

> Same with the guardians chains and floaty weapons. A different coloured hammer won’t me think ‘thats not a guardian’.

> And if such is the case we can always restrict it to pve?

>

> And I dont mean a whole scala of effects, just like.. red, blue, green, and yellow.

> For fire, ice, corription and sand

Well, if you see a Enemy guardian with blue flames on him, you know he has zealot's fire on, which is bad for you. If you see him with red flames, he's burning which is good for you. Now imagine if he could dye the blue fire as red... Yeah...

There's a reason why all mesmer spells are purple, why necro is black and green, why guardian is blue fire. Because of readability.

Your suggestion would break that, and while it would be nice from a visual standpoint it would break the game from a mechanical and gameplay standpoint.

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> There's already an option to make all opponents in PvP use standard models for pretty much exactly this reason - people were worried that playing on a smaller/larger character or using certain equipment would make you and your attacks harder to identify. If they did give us the option to customise our skill effects they could simply make the standard models option standardise that as well.

>

> And I think it's something they should be able to do, because legendary weapons already do something similar. A lot of them change projectile effects into something specific to the weapon (like Nevermore's ravens or the Dreamer's unicorns) and some affect other skills too. Or change the entire colour of your character, like the Juggernaut.

>

> I can't say that it's ever really bothered me, even though several of my characters have colour schemes that don't match their professions skills. (Probably the worst offender is my mesmer who is white, black and pale green but then covered in bright pink effects.) But I certainly wouldn't mind having the option to change them if it was made available.

that's actually a good suggestion.

For pvp you can use standardized animations. And for pve you can see your own