WVW and SOS needs YOU!

hammo.5348

I'm not talking about SOS last year or last month. I'm talking about SOS right now. Servers grow, servers shrink and servers change.

There has been a big shift in player base and attitude on SOS and we are absolutely bringing the fight to BG.

I'd love nothing more than another server coming to help us hit them; 2nd and 3rd place absolutely have to work together. Generally though, whoever is in 3rd wont hit BG for the same reasons you're saying SOS didn't (which has changed).. and more than likely they'll take a week off to tank anyway.

But you can either be part of the solution, or part of the problem; and we have a lot of people working on the former (all the while navigating the haters and drama as tends to happen :P)

I'm not having a go at anyone else or how they play. But for those of you interesting in taking the fight to BG, you have a vehicle to do it. If it's not for you.. good luck to ya!

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"DeadlySynz.3471" said:

> Well perhaps if your "SOS" server actually attacked BG along with the 3rd server, there wouldn't be an issue with BG outnumbering everybody all day, every day. I can't begin to count the times I've watched SOS back cap the 3rd servers stuff leaving BG's stuff untouched when it's undefended. One problem is BG outnumbers everybody, but the problem compounds when SOS adds to their forces by refusing to attack them. It's sad because SOS actually fights far better than BG.

>

> SOS doesn't need numbers; they physically need to just go attack BG in unison with the 3rd server; problem solved.

>

> Edit - This isn't meant to be a match-up thread, but players on SOS need to think about something for a second.. BG cannot defend 2 T3 objectives at once if 2 full on zergs are attacking separate objectives. BG isn't going to be able to hold on to any of their keeps if 2 full on zergs are attacking it at once; it's just that simple. The problem is SOS refuses to attack them. Instead of asking for more players, perhaps working with the 3rd server to dethrone BG forcing the players into boredom and ultimately transferring to other servers to even out numbers is the better option. We don't need BG 2.0 in the version of SoS

We need to bring JQ and TC back to t1

When I transfered to BG from devona rest about 4 years ago I spend about 4000 gems or so, The best gems spent so far. I have no regrets, the only regret is creating a character in Devona rest server who WvW population was non existent. I believe I was the only one fighting in WvW back then.

Heh.

There is no point for 3 to help 2 to work against 1. No mechanic in place to promote that.

If SoS thinks they want to beat BG they will go after the easy points just like BG, which is 3rd, they're at least going to play for 2nd.

BG will hit 3rd because they want to keep SoS with them, about the only server these days that doesn't mind hanging out with them.

3rd is a rotation between DB YB FA Mag, they don't have the coverage to stay in t1, or don't really care to stay in t1, will be getting double teamed for their easy points, why would they want to even work with SoS? Helping SoS beat BG helps them how? The next week they're going back to the comfort of t2 anyways.

After 5 years we still have people who think beating BG is some sort of achievement?

Right now the set up of two stable servers in t1 and everyone else rotating in 3rd is probably best for the 1u1d system. At least t2 can have some semi decent matches every week with the 4-6 servers that rotate into it, whomever wins just gets a weeks vacation in t1. If there were 3 strong t1 servers, one would be wrecking t2 every other week like the old days. If you like t1 blob ppt style, and you want to be in t1 then by all means please stack to SoS.

> @"DeadlySynz.3471" said:

> Well perhaps if your "SOS" server actually attacked BG along with the 3rd server, there wouldn't be an issue with BG outnumbering everybody all day, every day. I can't begin to count the times I've watched SOS back cap the 3rd servers stuff leaving BG's stuff untouched when it's undefended. One problem is BG outnumbers everybody, but the problem compounds when SOS adds to their forces by refusing to attack them. It's sad because SOS actually fights far better than BG.

>

> SOS doesn't need numbers; they physically need to just go attack BG in unison with the 3rd server; problem solved.

>

> Edit - This isn't meant to be a match-up thread, but players on SOS need to think about something for a second.. BG cannot defend 2 T3 objectives at once if 2 full on zergs are attacking separate objectives. BG isn't going to be able to hold on to any of their keeps if 2 full on zergs are attacking it at once; it's just that simple. The problem is SOS refuses to attack them. Instead of asking for more players, perhaps working with the 3rd server to dethrone BG forcing the players into boredom and ultimately transferring to other servers to even out numbers is the better option. We don't need BG 2.0 in the version of SoS

> @"ThunderPanda.1872" said:

> We need to bring JQ and TC back to t1

BlackGate was 2v1ed during Season 2 and got plenty of bags and fun fights. Bring the 2v1 on because we've fought it before:

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/500x/80827558/what-if-i-told-you-that-everybody-says-they-want-to-beat-blackgate-but-tc-and-jq-2v1ed-during-wvw-se.jpg

> @"Chaba.5410" said:

> > @"XenesisII.1540" said:

> > After 5 years we still have people who think beating BG is some sort of achievement?

>

> Yes. That's the "selling point" according to OP.

>

Yup spot on. Everyone keeps saying it can't be done. Only makes me want it more.

Who doesn't want to pull off the impossible?? That's what I don't get.. how could you not feel a sense of achievement from that.

But different strokes for different folks.

Happy hunting!

> @"getalifeturd.8139" said:

> > @"DeadlySynz.3471" said:

> > Well perhaps if your "SOS" server actually attacked BG along with the 3rd server, there wouldn't be an issue with BG outnumbering everybody all day, every day. I can't begin to count the times I've watched SOS back cap the 3rd servers stuff leaving BG's stuff untouched when it's undefended. One problem is BG outnumbers everybody, but the problem compounds when SOS adds to their forces by refusing to attack them. It's sad because SOS actually fights far better than BG.

> >

> > SOS doesn't need numbers; they physically need to just go attack BG in unison with the 3rd server; problem solved.

> >

> > Edit - This isn't meant to be a match-up thread, but players on SOS need to think about something for a second.. BG cannot defend 2 T3 objectives at once if 2 full on zergs are attacking separate objectives. BG isn't going to be able to hold on to any of their keeps if 2 full on zergs are attacking it at once; it's just that simple. The problem is SOS refuses to attack them. Instead of asking for more players, perhaps working with the 3rd server to dethrone BG forcing the players into boredom and ultimately transferring to other servers to even out numbers is the better option. We don't need BG 2.0 in the version of SoS

>

> > @"ThunderPanda.1872" said:

> > We need to bring JQ and TC back to t1

> BlackGate was 2v1ed during Season 2 and got plenty of bags and fun fights. Bring the 2v1 on because we've fought it before:

That's a bit of revisionist history there...

BG was a shambles after the second tournament. To such an extent that the money-havers on the server paid quite handsomely for guilds such as the one I played for to come shore up the massive void left by fairweather's for the third tournament... Quite handsomely indeed.. enough for 50 of us to transfer on, off, and two more moves of fancy after that xD

@Chaba.5410 the third server is always what ends to get atacked and farmed.... by 1st and 2nd server...

The figth between 2nd and 1st place dont tend to happend that much onluss of one of the server have a large group to a full stacked blob, ktrained and rushind to defend in mass stack as well even to 10-20 players and sometimes less...

But i have a feeling that u already know this, players prefer to ktrain than actually fight in this game.

> @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> @Chaba.5410 the third server is always what ends to get atacked and farmed.... by 1st and 2nd server...

> The figth between 2nd and 1st place dont tend to happend that much onluss of one of the server have a large group to a full stacked blob, ktrained and rushind to defend in mass stack as well even to 10-20 players and sometimes less...

>

> But i have a feeling that u already know this, players prefer to ktrain than actually fight in this game.

Not always, and definitely not when "taking the fight to BG". /irony

I haven't been on SoS too long but I have seen the mentality changing from going for the easy RED backcaps (it still happens tho unfortunately) to trying to keep a 2v1 vs BG going. Instead of %100 picking on the weakest 3rd place server there's starting to be much more focus on BG. There are quite a few prime time hours and skirmishes where BG is getting beat down and SoS is starting to look pretty competitive. Id say with a decent 3rd place server keen to play the game vs BG, and a little more time to get the SoS mentality geared towards more BG focus, then BG will be beaten within the next 4-6 weeks assuming some key players (TSYM is a large factor) on SoS stay motivated that long.

Yes TYSM, keep growing your fatberg of Scourge, Spellbreaker, and Firebrand spam. Go take Pang, and then use about 400 supply worth of siege behind the ogre chokepoint while chortling at your genius as you attempt portal bombs on whoever is defending OW.

We know that your quantity almost has a quality all its own. =)

> @"keelhaul.8039" said:

> I haven't been on SoS too long but I have seen the mentality changing from going for the easy RED backcaps (it still happens tho unfortunately) to trying to keep a 2v1 vs BG going. Instead of %100 picking on the weakest 3rd place server there's starting to be much more focus on BG. There are quite a few prime time hours and skirmishes where BG is getting beat down and SoS is starting to look pretty competitive. Id say with a decent 3rd place server keen to play the game vs BG, and a little more time to get the SoS mentality geared towards more BG focus, then BG will be beaten within the next 4-6 weeks assuming some key players (TSYM is a large factor) on SoS stay motivated that long.

LOL, I am paired with DB right now, and late night when TSYM is running, and DB numbers are thin, as well as BGs, TSYM comes to paper our T3 towers. We papered Jerrifers last night, when BG had plenty of numbers and siege to defend. The key thing to do is actually paper BGs T3 stuff.

> @"keelhaul.8039" said:

> Were your numbers thin or was it Lectell and Coron having fun?. Its never going to be a full time %100 push against BG anyways, not everyone gives a kitten for a start but a decent push will do it soon.

I'm talking late night, well after Lectell tags down, and we have probably 20-30 ppl in EBG. SOS will still bring 40+ to take a paper tower.