Blood Ruby, Petrified Wood, Unbound Magic

Is there a reason at this point why we couldn't let the Blood Ruby and Petrified Wood, from LW3.1 and 3.2, have a 'Use' option that allows us to convert it to unbound magic if we have nothing else to spend it on? I believe all the other LW3 currencies (at least, those that I've maxed saving in my storage at this point), have the option to convert them. Seems like the only option with the first two is to vendor them.

Side question: Is there any sort of low(ish) cost, useful consumable that I'm maybe missing that I could buy with Blood Ruby and Petrified Wood rather than just vendoring it (since there is no UM conversion option)?

> @"Haleydawn.3764" said:

> The option with blood rubies and petrified wood is to *salvage* them into UM, as it says in its tool tip.

> I’d much rather a consume still, but you do get UM from them.

> Jade Shards are also salvageable instead of consumable.

Interesting, I figured they realized it would be easier to just consume it once they hit berries. Jade is the last one I don't have at capacity in my collection. 13 more to go.

> @"Game of Bones.8975" said:

> There is a difference between USE and SALVAGE. Using has no cost. What do these items have that moves them from the free USE category into the cost of a salvage kit category? I don't honestly know.

I think we have to consider the order they were introduced to see the logic. First blood rubies, then petrified wood, then winterberries. The first 2 aren't stuff you would eat, so having to salvage them makes sense. The berries are food, so we got to consume them. Allowing us to easily consume some of the ones that came after was probably because they thought the convenience outweighs the internal logic of the game. Maybe they should just make all of them consumable, for uniformity's sake.

> @"Manasa Devi.7958" said:

> ...they should just make all of them consumable, for uniformity's sake.

They _should_, but I'm not holding my breath because it's a low priority issue; there are other QoL concerns that take precedent.

Fortunately for myself, I find that I still have use for trinkets that can be bought for p-wood or b-rubies, so I just buy those whenever mat storage starts to get full.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"Manasa Devi.7958" said:

> > ...they should just make all of them consumable, for uniformity's sake.

>

> They _should_, but I'm not holding my breath because it's a low priority issue; there are other QoL concerns that take precedent.

>

> Fortunately for myself, I find that I still have use for trinkets that can be bought for p-wood or b-rubies, so I just buy those whenever mat storage starts to get full.

>

>

I ran out of trinkets to buy. My 9 characters have everything they need at this point, one of them having two sets for two different builds. If I start getting more serious about wanting secondary sets of armor for more characters, I'll probably buy more of those too.

> @"notebene.3190" said:

> > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > @"Manasa Devi.7958" said:

> > > ...they should just make all of them consumable, for uniformity's sake.

> >

> > They _should_, but I'm not holding my breath because it's a low priority issue; there are other QoL concerns that take precedent.

> >

> > Fortunately for myself, I find that I still have use for trinkets that can be bought for p-wood or b-rubies, so I just buy those whenever mat storage starts to get full.

> >

> >

>

> I ran out of trinkets to buy. My 9 characters have everything they need at this point, one of them having two sets for two different builds. If I start getting more serious about wanting secondary sets of armor for more characters, I'll probably buy more of those too.

Sure, I imagine anyone with few ascended-gear-needing alts or anyone who has spent more time farming there than I will be in the same boat. It's definitely an issue, but not one that affects as many people as other QoL problems.

> @"Game of Bones.8975" said:

> There is a difference between USE and SALVAGE. Using has no cost. What do these items have that moves them from the free USE category into the cost of a salvage kit category? I don't honestly know.

That they were the first ones to be introduced. Anet thought out of the "use" option later on, but didn't redo the older ones. They probably should have done that, in retrospect, but that would require effort.

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> They can be salvaged but someone had the brilliant idea of giving them a confirmation dialog on every salvage attempt. -_-

It's because they are Exotic tier. Given "Salvage All" functionality and how few seem to use Invisible bags, I have a feeling knocking them down to Rare would be impopular as people start mass salvaging them by accident...