Balance patch

> @"Kuya.6495" said:

> > @"Ario.8964" said:

> > > @"Kuya.6495" said:

> > > I think the boon convertion comment by karl is probably their intended scourge nerf.

> >

> > Better not be the only one. Scourge is far too broken to just receive a small change to boon corruption.

>

> If they nerf the duration of boon convertions to condis, you probably wouldn't need to nerf anything else given that's where most of the damage is coming from.

Very little damage comes from boon conversion

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Nightmare.1234" said:

> but if the secret Mesmer changes are really good..

Lol...

Yes yes complete rework with new mechanics... for sure they will not just manage icd everywhere and change stacks and duration.

Stay tuned they said... excitement at the top...rofl

Stay calm first... my 2 cents

?

> @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > @"otto.5684" said:

> > > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > > @"otto.5684" said:

> > > > > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > > > > @"otto.5684" said:

> > > > > > > @"Knox.8962" said:

> > > > > > > > @"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Knox.8962" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > > > > > > > > Also what was supposed to be a demi-patch, apparently became, in your schedule, one of the scheduled patches.

> > > > > > > > > **This is a flat out lie**.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > The last MAJOR patch was on 11/7. 3 months after that is 2/7. That puts the MAJOR patches on the same quarterly pace they have been on for about 2 years.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > The Mid-December patch was 100% a bonus patch above the regular release cycle.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > You can complain about the content of the patch all you want, but don't just make up stuff to fit your narrative.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Hasn’t been the past two years quit spreading misinformation, history shows Balance patches were with the Quarterly updates like the Winter and Spring Quarterly updates in 2016 which happened January and April, you know the first months of the quarters, sometime in 2017 they got off schedule.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > They have been releasing quarterly balance patches for over a year now. The last 8 balance patches (And PoF Launch) are as follows:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > * [12/12/17](http://dulfy.net/2017/12/12/gw2-dec-12-game-update-patch-notes/) (Bonus Balance Patch)

> > > > > > > * [11/07/17](http://dulfy.net/2017/11/07/gw2-nov-7-game-update-patch-notes/) - 91 Days After Previous Patch

> > > > > > > * [09/22/17](http://dulfy.net/2017/09/22/gw2-sept-22-game-update-patch-notes/) PoF Launch

> > > > > > > * [08/08/17](http://dulfy.net/2017/08/08/gw2-august-8-game-update-patch-notes/) - 84 Days After Previous Patch

> > > > > > > * [05/16/17](http://dulfy.net/2017/05/16/gw2-may-16-game-update-patch-notes/) - 83 Days After Previous Patch

> > > > > > > * [02/22/17](http://dulfy.net/2017/02/22/gw2-feb-22-game-update-patch-notes/) - 127 Days After Previous Patch (This was delayed ~2 weeks by snow in the Seattle Area)

> > > > > > > * [10/18/16](http://dulfy.net/2016/10/18/gw2-october-18-game-update-patch-notes/) - 84 Days After Previous Patch

> > > > > > > * [07/26/16](http://dulfy.net/2016/07/26/gw2-july-26-game-update-patch-notes/) - 98 Days After Previous Patch

> > > > > > > * [04/19/16](http://dulfy.net/2016/04/19/gw2-april-19-game-update-patch-notes/)

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > They've been pretty consistent on the cadence other than the one MO made a big blog post about it being delayed.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > That is an average of 13.5 weeks or 94.5 days between patches for the last 2 years.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > The pace of balance hasn't changed in 2 years. In fact, the mid-cycle patch we got in December is a marked step forward.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I do not have an issue with balance patches frequency pre-PoF. I have an issue with last 2 balance patches quality. They did not fix much. Thus, since PoF release, not much has changed and much is broken. And the 12/12/17 flat out made the game balance much worse. It nerfed every single condi build in sPvP except the 2 meta ones, scourge and mirage, which got buffed. And all condi builds, except mirage and scourge were under performing to begin with.

> > > > >

> > > > > Scourge got buffed?

> > > >

> > > > Slight buff in barrier overall buffs last patch.

> > >

> > > What, made barrier work? That's the big scourge buff? Mind you that Elementalists have Barrier and so do Holomancers, so hardly a big kitten scourge buff.

> > > And Axe buffs, cause every scourge main plays power and axe, that's a core/reaper buff, not scourge.

> > > Everything that actually makes scourge strong was nerfed, every condi application was nerfed along with all other classes.

> > >

> >

> > Dude wth are you talking about?! Who cares about reaper or axe. This stuff is not even on the map. Also the majority of scourge damage in sPvP comes from boon corruption, which was not touched. The condi damage spread out matters so little for scourge. So ya, scourge was buffed with the buff barrier. And why are you jamming ele and engi into this?

> >

> > If you want to talk about barrier overall, sure it did need a buff.

>

> Are you ok?

> Cause seriously, i asked what was buffed in scourge in the past patch. You answered "Slight buff in barrier overall buffs last patch". I detailed exactly what was buffed last patch, which like you said your self isn't a buff to scourge at all.

> I never said the character was nerfed. I said that except for fixing barrier (which isn't specific to scourge) and a couple other stuff that was broken, all they did to scourge was buff axe, which scourge don't use, and nerf condi stacks like they did on all others.

> So i wouldn't call it "buffing scourge", like @"Knox.8962" said had happened.

It is not because a change is not specific to one class that it is not a buff for the class. This is basic logic...

> @"Carighan.6758" said:

> "Excited" about "mesmer changes", huh.

>

> Not sure whether to be excited that my class might finally become less of a mess (both core Mesmer and Mirage are, and Chrono is by proxy), or whether I should pre-emptively delete my main. It sounds a bit foreboding, worded like that :pensive:

This. Some Mesmer changes that people have been excited about in the past have been largish nerfs or powers distributed to other classes, ( I'm thinking of Engineer getting moa,) from what I've seen.

> @"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:

> > @"Karl McLain.5604" said:

> > > @"Emtiarbi.3281" said:

> > > > @"Karl McLain.5604" said:

> > > > Assuming that all goes well and we don't have any unexpected issues, the next balance update is scheduled for February 6th.

> > >

> > > Are you guys going to give us any sneak peak of the Balance Patch? D:

> >

> > We are planning PvP/WvW splits, changes to the Confusion condition, regeneration effectiveness prioritization, boon/condition conversion table changes... PLUS MORE!! There are some mesmer changes we're excited about and hope to talk them about in more detail as we draw nearer to the update. Stay tuned!

> >

> > -Karl

>

> Hopefully that confusion change is the removal of the passive damage that should never been implemented in PvP/WvW, and hopefully EM receives exhaustion to keep parity with another skill the functions slightly similarly.

>

Confusion isn't passive. It punishes in classic Mesmer fashion. You can choose how much damage you take from confusion.

> @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > @"Ziggityzog.7389" said:

> > > @"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:

> > > > > @"Emtiarbi.3281" said:

> > > > > > @"Karl McLain.5604" said:

> > > > > > Assuming that all goes well and we don't have any unexpected issues, the next balance update is scheduled for February 6th.

> > > > >

> > > > > Are you guys going to give us any sneak peak of the Balance Patch? D:

> > > >

> > > > We are planning PvP/WvW splits, changes to the Confusion condition, regeneration effectiveness prioritization, boon/condition conversion table changes... PLUS MORE!! There are some mesmer changes we're excited about and hope to talk them about in more detail as we draw nearer to the update. Stay tuned!

> > > >

> > > > -Karl

> > >

> > > Hopefully that confusion change is the removal of the passive damage that should never been implemented in PvP/WvW, and hopefully EM receives exhaustion to keep parity with another skill the functions slightly similarly.

> > >

> >

> > I never got the concept of adding damage to hurt you when you don't use a skill. How about adding both damage specs of by second and on skill use and put it all into just on skill use. Torment while not walking is kind of understandable.. But Confusion no.

>

> Confusion when the game was released was actually "inovative" it swaped the WASD controls keys, sometimes if near a cliff and u didnt pay atention with confusion.. well.. u certainlly walk for your own death.

>

> It was actually fun watching players strugling to get the keys right :bleep_bloop:

>

> even on gw1 was something else rather than stack damage like gw2 is sinec scrubs need that much damage.

> https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Confusion

>

> otto.5684, i just hope they are not making regen increase it's heals when stacking.... some classes atm have 100% regen uptime :P and share it.

> On smaller scalle might look good on paper but stacking certain classes m8 achieve some heals that might be to much, and in larger scale combat ... would be for sure broken.

Now THAT would really be cool. Even if it did no damage and swapped keys/skill numbers randomly.

> @"Ithilwen.1529" said:

> > @"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:

> > > @"Karl McLain.5604" said:

> > > > @"Emtiarbi.3281" said:

> > > > > @"Karl McLain.5604" said:

> > > > > Assuming that all goes well and we don't have any unexpected issues, the next balance update is scheduled for February 6th.

> > > >

> > > > Are you guys going to give us any sneak peak of the Balance Patch? D:

> > >

> > > We are planning PvP/WvW splits, changes to the Confusion condition, regeneration effectiveness prioritization, boon/condition conversion table changes... PLUS MORE!! There are some mesmer changes we're excited about and hope to talk them about in more detail as we draw nearer to the update. Stay tuned!

> > >

> > > -Karl

> >

> > Hopefully that confusion change is the removal of the passive damage that should never been implemented in PvP/WvW, and hopefully EM receives exhaustion to keep parity with another skill the functions slightly similarly.

> >

>

> Confusion isn't passive. It punishes in classic Mesmer fashion. You can choose how much damage you take from confusion.

Confusion has a passive DoT, as in every second it deals damage when it never used to do that and only damaged on skill activation, it was a change added gamemode that should have only been added to PvE, might want to learn the conditions and mechanical of your class.

> @"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:

> > @"Ithilwen.1529" said:

> > > > > @"Emtiarbi.3281" said:

> > > > > > Assuming that all goes well and we don't have any unexpected issues, the next balance update is scheduled for February 6th.

> > > > >

> > > > > Are you guys going to give us any sneak peak of the Balance Patch? D:

> > > >

> > > > We are planning PvP/WvW splits, changes to the Confusion condition, regeneration effectiveness prioritization, boon/condition conversion table changes... PLUS MORE!! There are some mesmer changes we're excited about and hope to talk them about in more detail as we draw nearer to the update. Stay tuned!

> > > >

> > > > -Karl

> > >

> > > Hopefully that confusion change is the removal of the passive damage that should never been implemented in PvP/WvW, and hopefully EM receives exhaustion to keep parity with another skill the functions slightly similarly.

> > >

> >

> > Confusion isn't passive. It punishes in classic Mesmer fashion. You can choose how much damage you take from confusion.

>

> Confusion has a passive DoT, as in every second it deals damage when it never used to do that and only damaged on skill activation, it was a change added gamemode that should have only been added to PvE, might want to learn the conditions and mechanical of your class.

>

I refer you to the following page: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Confusion and specifically to the following quote: "Confusion damage is applied on every skill activation, whether activated manually or automatically. For example, necromancers will take confusion damage when they create a Mark of Blood after dodging while equipped with the Mark of Evasion trait. "

Yes there is a dot, but the primary damage comes from skill activation, just as I said.

> @"Crinn.7864" said:

> > @"Kuya.6495" said:

> > > @"Ario.8964" said:

> > > > @"Kuya.6495" said:

> > > > I think the boon convertion comment by karl is probably their intended scourge nerf.

> > >

> > > Better not be the only one. Scourge is far too broken to just receive a small change to boon corruption.

> >

> > If they nerf the duration of boon convertions to condis, you probably wouldn't need to nerf anything else given that's where most of the damage is coming from.

>

> Very little damage comes from boon conversion

Comes from thin air then?

> @"Crinn.7864" said:

> > @"Kuya.6495" said:

> > > @"Ario.8964" said:

> > > > I think the boon convertion comment by karl is probably their intended scourge nerf.

> > >

> > > Better not be the only one. Scourge is far too broken to just receive a small change to boon corruption.

> >

> > If they nerf the duration of boon convertions to condis, you probably wouldn't need to nerf anything else given that's where most of the damage is coming from.

>

> Very little damage comes from boon conversion

so the conversion from boons to torment and infinite cripple, plus might to weakness isnt what most people are complaining about?

> @"Ithilwen.1529" said:

> > @"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:

> > > @"Ithilwen.1529" said:

> > > > @"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:

> > > > > @"Karl McLain.5604" said:

> > > > > > @"Emtiarbi.3281" said:

> > > > > > > @"Karl McLain.5604" said:

> > > > > > > Assuming that all goes well and we don't have any unexpected issues, the next balance update is scheduled for February 6th.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Are you guys going to give us any sneak peak of the Balance Patch? D:

> > > > >

> > > > > We are planning PvP/WvW splits, changes to the Confusion condition, regeneration effectiveness prioritization, boon/condition conversion table changes... PLUS MORE!! There are some mesmer changes we're excited about and hope to talk them about in more detail as we draw nearer to the update. Stay tuned!

> > > > >

> > > > > -Karl

> > > >

> > > > Hopefully that confusion change is the removal of the passive damage that should never been implemented in PvP/WvW, and hopefully EM receives exhaustion to keep parity with another skill the functions slightly similarly.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Confusion isn't passive. It punishes in classic Mesmer fashion. You can choose how much damage you take from confusion.

> >

> > Confusion has a passive DoT, as in every second it deals damage when it never used to do that and only damaged on skill activation, it was a change added gamemode that should have only been added to PvE, might want to learn the conditions and mechanical of your class.

> >

>

> I refer you to the following page: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Confusion and specifically to the following quote: "Confusion damage is applied on every skill activation, whether activated manually or automatically. For example, necromancers will take confusion damage when they create a Mark of Blood after dodging while equipped with the Mark of Evasion trait. "

>

> Yes there is a dot, but the primary damage comes from skill activation, just as I said.

>

ACtually theres an issue(for me it is a issue) with confusion, when ic i have some decent stack and it will really hurt and cant clease since it will kill me due skill activation, i stoped and just try to kite, well passive and mandatory aegis/block ticks automatically and i take 7k damage..confusion was the only condi btw, i didnt manage to cleanse and got stacked a bit to high, if was player intention or luck hard to know in gw2.

Only in guardian passives are punishive :disappointed:

I would love to guardian block when traited to cleanse condi to clean first ^^ .

> @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > @"Ithilwen.1529" said:

> > > > @"Ithilwen.1529" said:

> > > > > @"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:

> > > > > > > @"Emtiarbi.3281" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Karl McLain.5604" said:

> > > > > > > > Assuming that all goes well and we don't have any unexpected issues, the next balance update is scheduled for February 6th.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Are you guys going to give us any sneak peak of the Balance Patch? D:

> > > > > >

> > > > > > We are planning PvP/WvW splits, changes to the Confusion condition, regeneration effectiveness prioritization, boon/condition conversion table changes... PLUS MORE!! There are some mesmer changes we're excited about and hope to talk them about in more detail as we draw nearer to the update. Stay tuned!

> > > > > >

> > > > > > -Karl

> > > > >

> > > > > Hopefully that confusion change is the removal of the passive damage that should never been implemented in PvP/WvW, and hopefully EM receives exhaustion to keep parity with another skill the functions slightly similarly.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Confusion isn't passive. It punishes in classic Mesmer fashion. You can choose how much damage you take from confusion.

> > >

> > > Confusion has a passive DoT, as in every second it deals damage when it never used to do that and only damaged on skill activation, it was a change added gamemode that should have only been added to PvE, might want to learn the conditions and mechanical of your class.

> > >

> >

> > I refer you to the following page: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Confusion and specifically to the following quote: "Confusion damage is applied on every skill activation, whether activated manually or automatically. For example, necromancers will take confusion damage when they create a Mark of Blood after dodging while equipped with the Mark of Evasion trait. "

> >

> > Yes there is a dot, but the primary damage comes from skill activation, just as I said.

> >

>

> ACtually theres an issue(for me it is a issue) with confusion, when ic i have some decent stack and it will really hurt and cant clease since it will kill me due skill activation, i stoped and just try to kite, well passive and mandatory aegis/block ticks automatically and i take 7k damage..confusion was the only condi btw, i didnt manage to cleanse and got stacked a bit to high, if was player intention or luck hard to know in gw2.

> Only in guardian passives are punishive :disappointed:

>

> I would love to guardian block when traited to cleanse condi to clean first ^^ .

Speaking of passives punishing you, how about that elixer s after a condi bomb stopping you from cleansing at all and dooming you?

Fun stories aside, confusion 1) should not proc off of passive activation (not that passives skill activation should bea thing to begin with but that's a different can of worms for a different thread) and 2) should not have a DoT effect. Just those 2 changes would do a ton to help alleviate the problem of how strong confusion is right now.

> @"Kuya.6495" said:

> > @"Ario.8964" said:

> > > @"Kuya.6495" said:

> > > I think the boon convertion comment by karl is probably their intended scourge nerf.

> >

> > Better not be the only one. Scourge is far too broken to just receive a small change to boon corruption.

>

> If they nerf the duration of boon convertions to condis, you probably wouldn't need to nerf anything else given that's where most of the damage is coming from.

They need to make shade skills unusable while cced and give them an animation. Those 2 things would be more helpful right now than changing boon conversion (not a bad change but not as important as the others imo). Problem right now is you can't shut down a scourge cause if you cc them and try to cleave them out you get shade skill spammed and die to condi. Can't dodge shade skills outside of getting lucky predictions which should not be the case with a point wide aoe that shits out condi damage and boon corruption.

I don't think the damage needs to be touched really outside of the corruption change they are doing because with animations and such the damage would be avoidable so that counterplay alone would be enough to greatly lessen the pressure they put out.

> > @"Crinn.7864" said:

> > > @"Kuya.6495" said:

> > > > @"Ario.8964" said:

> > > > > @"Kuya.6495" said:

> > > > > I think the boon convertion comment by karl is probably their intended scourge nerf.

> > > >

> > > > Better not be the only one. Scourge is far too broken to just receive a small change to boon corruption.

> > >

> > > If they nerf the duration of boon convertions to condis, you probably wouldn't need to nerf anything else given that's where most of the damage is coming from.

> >

> > Very little damage comes from boon conversion

>

> Comes from thin air then?

Scourge's damage comes directly from Scourges skills, not from boon conversion. Or have you forgotten that every shade auto applies burning and torment, along with all the condition application from weapon skills?

I can easily get 10+ stacks of torment along with 10 stacks of bleed and a handful of burning just by throwing a few skills at a boonless foe.

> @"Ario.8964" said:

>

> > @"Kuya.6495" said:

> > > @"Ario.8964" said:

> > >

> >

>

> They need to make shade skills unusable while cced and give them an animation. Those 2 things would be more helpful right now than changing boon conversion (not a bad change but not as important as the others imo). Problem right now is you can't shut down a scourge cause if you cc them and try to cleave them out you get shade skill spammed and die to condi. Can't dodge shade skills outside of getting lucky predictions which should not be the case with a point wide aoe that kitten out condi damage and boon corruption.

>

> I don't think the damage needs to be touched really outside of the corruption change they are doing because with animations and such the damage would be avoidable so that counterplay alone would be enough to greatly lessen the pressure they put out.

Making shades unuseable if cc'd for necros is ridiculous.

> @"Crinn.7864" said:

> > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > @"Crinn.7864" said:

> > > > > @"Ario.8964" said:

> > > > > > @"Kuya.6495" said:

> > > > > > I think the boon convertion comment by karl is probably their intended scourge nerf.

> > > > >

> > > > > Better not be the only one. Scourge is far too broken to just receive a small change to boon corruption.

> > > >

> > > > If they nerf the duration of boon convertions to condis, you probably wouldn't need to nerf anything else given that's where most of the damage is coming from.

> > >

> > > Very little damage comes from boon conversion

> >

> > Comes from thin air then?

>

> Scourge's damage comes directly from Scourges skills, not from boon conversion. Or have you forgotten that every shade auto applies burning and torment, along with all the condition application from weapon skills?

>

> I can easily get 10+ stacks of torment along with 10 stacks of bleed and a handful of burning just by throwing a few skills at a boonless foe.

1) Bleed is from scepter auto... If you get 10 stacks of bleed on you... You've been getting auto-attacked a lot!! (at 900 range btw, not 1200)

2) From shades you can get at most 5 stacks of torment (4 Manifest shades, and 1 pulse from F5), 4 stacks of burning, and same from cripple, and you have to stay on the shade long enough to get hit with all F skills. If you take more than that you've been sitting in the shade and getting hit with pulses from Desert Shroud.

3) Everything else is either boon conversion or torch skills, and if you get hit with those, your fault. Sorry.

Without boon corruption, on a pvp fight, scourge isn't any stronger than most condi classes.

> > @"Crinn.7864" said:

> > > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > > @"Crinn.7864" said:

> > > > > @"Kuya.6495" said:

> > > > > > @"Ario.8964" said:

> > > > > > > @"Kuya.6495" said:

> > > > > > > I think the boon convertion comment by karl is probably their intended scourge nerf.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Better not be the only one. Scourge is far too broken to just receive a small change to boon corruption.

> > > > >

> > > > > If they nerf the duration of boon convertions to condis, you probably wouldn't need to nerf anything else given that's where most of the damage is coming from.

> > > >

> > > > Very little damage comes from boon conversion

> > >

> > > Comes from thin air then?

> >

> > Scourge's damage comes directly from Scourges skills, not from boon conversion. Or have you forgotten that every shade auto applies burning and torment, along with all the condition application from weapon skills?

> >

> > I can easily get 10+ stacks of torment along with 10 stacks of bleed and a handful of burning just by throwing a few skills at a boonless foe.

>

> 1) Bleed is from scepter auto... If you get 10 stacks of bleed on you... You've been getting auto-attacked a lot!! (at 900 range btw, not 1200)

> 2) From shades you can get at most 5 stacks of torment (4 Manifest shades, and 1 pulse from F5), 4 stacks of burning, and same from cripple, and you have to stay on the shade long enough to get hit with all F skills. If you take more than that you've been sitting in the shade and getting hit with pulses from Desert Shroud.

> 3) Everything else is either boon conversion or torch skills, and if you get hit with those, your fault. Sorry.

>

> Without boon corruption, on a pvp fight, scourge isn't any stronger than most condi classes.

Bleeding is from

1) Barbed Precision

2) Grasping Dead

3) Mark of Blood

4) Scepter auto chain

> 2) From shades you can get at most 5 stacks of torment (4 Manifest shades, and 1 pulse from F5), 4 stacks of burning, and same from cripple, and you have to stay on the shade long enough to get hit with all F skills. If you take more than that you've been sitting in the shade and getting hit with pulses from Desert Shroud.

You can get 8-9 stacks of torment + 2 burning just by going Manifest>Harrowing Wave>Feast of Corruption. Do note that I didn't include any actual shade skills in that combination, so I'm still free to use Shade skills at my discretion.

Also hitting people with Desert Shroud is stupid easy when you're applying Cripple with every skill.

> @"Crinn.7864" said:

> > > @"Crinn.7864" said:

> > > > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > > > @"Crinn.7864" said:

> > > > > > @"Kuya.6495" said:

> > > > > > > @"Ario.8964" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Kuya.6495" said:

> > > > > > > > I think the boon convertion comment by karl is probably their intended scourge nerf.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Better not be the only one. Scourge is far too broken to just receive a small change to boon corruption.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > If they nerf the duration of boon convertions to condis, you probably wouldn't need to nerf anything else given that's where most of the damage is coming from.

> > > > >

> > > > > Very little damage comes from boon conversion

> > > >

> > > > Comes from thin air then?

> > >

> > > Scourge's damage comes directly from Scourges skills, not from boon conversion. Or have you forgotten that every shade auto applies burning and torment, along with all the condition application from weapon skills?

> > >

> > > I can easily get 10+ stacks of torment along with 10 stacks of bleed and a handful of burning just by throwing a few skills at a boonless foe.

> >

> > 1) Bleed is from scepter auto... If you get 10 stacks of bleed on you... You've been getting auto-attacked a lot!! (at 900 range btw, not 1200)

> > 2) From shades you can get at most 5 stacks of torment (4 Manifest shades, and 1 pulse from F5), 4 stacks of burning, and same from cripple, and you have to stay on the shade long enough to get hit with all F skills. If you take more than that you've been sitting in the shade and getting hit with pulses from Desert Shroud.

> > 3) Everything else is either boon conversion or torch skills, and if you get hit with those, your fault. Sorry.

> >

> > Without boon corruption, on a pvp fight, scourge isn't any stronger than most condi classes.

>

> Bleeding is from

> 1) Barbed Precision

> 2) Grasping Dead

> 3) Mark of Blood

> 4) Scepter auto chain

>

> > 2) From shades you can get at most 5 stacks of torment (4 Manifest shades, and 1 pulse from F5), 4 stacks of burning, and same from cripple, and you have to stay on the shade long enough to get hit with all F skills. If you take more than that you've been sitting in the shade and getting hit with pulses from Desert Shroud.

> You can get 8-9 stacks of torment + 2 burning just by going Manifest>Harrowing Wave>Feast of Corruption. Do note that I didn't include any actual shade skills in that combination, so I'm still free to use Shade skills at my discretion.

>

> Also hitting people with Desert Shroud is stupid easy when you're applying Cripple with every skill.

>

>

Feast of Corruption is a corruption skill. Not a shade.

Harrowing wave is 600 range, and you can easily dodge.

None the less even if you could pull that off 8-9 of torment and 2 burning stacks isn't 10 torment and burning.

I'm not seeing any extraordinary damage coming out from 9 torment and 2 burning. So without corruptions, Scourge is... Average?

In other words, without boon corruption, scourge is broken, but only because it does average damage using mostly core necro skills? Because that's exactly what you proved there.

I can match those Torment stacks with a Renegade, using a couple skills. Mace 3 alone is 4 stacks, Axe 5 is 2 more plus 3 confusion, Add an auto-attack chain and you get 8 torment, 3 confusion 1 poison. Add alacrity and quickness to that mix, and you can easily match scourge minus corruptions any day.

> Feast of Corruption is a corruption skill. Not a shade.

> Harrowing wave is 600 range, and you can easily dodge.

> None the less even if you could pull that off 8-9 of torment and 2 burning stacks isn't 10 torment and burning.

> I'm not seeing any extraordinary damage coming out from 9 torment and 2 burning. So without corruptions, Scourge is... Average?

> In other words, without boon corruption, scourge is broken, but only because it does average damage using mostly core necro skills? Because that's exactly what you proved there.

> I can match those Torment stacks with a Renegade, using a couple skills. Mace 3 alone is 4 stacks, Axe 5 is 2 more plus 3 confusion, Add an auto-attack chain and you get 8 torment, 3 confusion 1 poison. Add alacrity and quickness to that mix, and you can easily match scourge minus corruptions any day.

A-Are you serious?

Talking about how easy it is to dodge harrowing wave (0.5 cast time) and then starting to talk about mace/axe renegade?

OMEGALUL

> @"BikeIsGone.8675" said:

> > Feast of Corruption is a corruption skill. Not a shade.

> > Harrowing wave is 600 range, and you can easily dodge.

> > None the less even if you could pull that off 8-9 of torment and 2 burning stacks isn't 10 torment and burning.

> > I'm not seeing any extraordinary damage coming out from 9 torment and 2 burning. So without corruptions, Scourge is... Average?

> > In other words, without boon corruption, scourge is broken, but only because it does average damage using mostly core necro skills? Because that's exactly what you proved there.

> > I can match those Torment stacks with a Renegade, using a couple skills. Mace 3 alone is 4 stacks, Axe 5 is 2 more plus 3 confusion, Add an auto-attack chain and you get 8 torment, 3 confusion 1 poison. Add alacrity and quickness to that mix, and you can easily match scourge minus corruptions any day.

>

> A-Are you serious?

> Talking about how easy it is to dodge harrowing wave (0.5 cast time) and then starting to talk about mace/axe renegade?

> OMEGALUL

I'm saying that Renegade can output the same level of Condis as a Scourge can without boon corruption. Not saying that both classes are equally strong. And it is easy to dodge, especially if you're smart enough to know not to engage a scourge in close range.

> Feast of Corruption is a corruption skill. Not a shade.

It's actually a sceptre skill. Once of the highest applicators maxing out at 6 stacks on use.

Crinn is still right though. The amount of damage you take from boon corruption is much less than the amount from actual skills. Only exception being standing in Ghastly Breach. Corruption kills you because it means you need to remove 4+ conditions before you get to the two,torment and burning, that are actually killing you because of how condition application and removal works.