Achievements impossible to complete after some time

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you really want to get things done, you will find a way. See comment #2.

You can also ask your guildies for help and if all else fails, bribery works too =P

I personally have not found any achievements to be impossible, no matter how old. There’s always other stragglers that have yet to do it and helpful people that will do it again with you. I suppose, besides being commanding and confident (if needing to lead a group), some luck is also required.

> @"Game of Bones.8975" said:

> Nevermore has become Nevermind for me.

> I've only seen Vinetooth Prime a couple times since beginning to craft the staff. Once I came in on the tail end of the timer and couldn't help much. The other time we didn't have enough CC to take him down. I've pretty much given up.

Here's some advice....try several times on an auric basin events daily day.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > You can make achievements based on things that do not require organisation or big group of players.

>

> Yes, and the game has many, many such achievements. There are only a tiny number of achievements that depend on "swarms" or much organization at all.

But that's the point, personal achievements shouldn't have group requirements.

Also the whole reward structure is poorly thought out, which allows these events to die out.

> @"Game of Bones.8975" said:

> Nevermore has become Nevermind for me.

> I've only seen Vinetooth Prime a couple times since beginning to craft the staff. Once I came in on the tail end of the timer and couldn't help much. The other time we didn't have enough CC to take him down. I've pretty much given up.

Get a group of five players to do the event meta and Vinetooth Prime. Make sure nobody spams map chat as this tends to cause the boss fight to fail as players are terrible at understanding scaling. A group of five players can easily break its bar.

> @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > You can make achievements based on things that do not require organisation or big group of players.

> >

> > Yes, and the game has many, many such achievements. There are only a tiny number of achievements that depend on "swarms" or much organization at all.

>

> But that's the point, personal achievements shouldn't have group requirements.

> Also the whole reward structure is poorly thought out, which allows these events to die out.

So what about raid fractal dungeon group event achievements that have been part of the game since lainch?

> @"FrizzFreston.5290" said:

> > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > You can make achievements based on things that do not require organisation or big group of players.

> > >

> > > Yes, and the game has many, many such achievements. There are only a tiny number of achievements that depend on "swarms" or much organization at all.

> >

> > But that's the point, personal achievements shouldn't have group requirements.

> > Also the whole reward structure is poorly thought out, which allows these events to die out.

>

> So what about raid fractal dungeon group event achievements that have been part of the game since lainch?

Raid, and fractal haven't been part of the game since launch, and dungeon achievements that were in the game at launch was "complete dungeon".

And for the most part, there is only one Fractal achievement where you need people to do something other than finish the instance that i can think of. And that's the one where no one in your group must get tagged when carrying the bombs in underground.

A good personal achievement is stuff like "No lasers!" in Aetherblade Fractal. Where it's your personal performance that matters for the achievement.

I'm not saying that it's not good to have personal achievements in group content. I'm saying is that it's bad to have personal achievements that require a specific behaviour of the whole group (aside from just completing the event) for you to complete the achievement (Like "No Fly Zone", the one i mentioned in fractals, etc.) And the lack of incentives for people to repeat group content that is tied to personal achievements.

The best example of this is probably Tequatl. It requires a good populated map to complete, it's one of the oldest world bosses in the game, and yet people still run it daily, it's always full, and none of the achievements are hard to do without having to spend several attempts shouting to a world map to do something.

> > You can make achievements based on things that do not require organisation or big group of players.

>

> Yes, and the game has many, many such achievements. There are only a tiny number of achievements that depend on "swarms" or much organization at all.

Meaning that this content is relevant only on release so whole premise of GW2 to play however and whenever you want is gone. You play with the swarm or you can say buhbye to your cheevos.

> > > You can make achievements based on things that do not require organisation or big group of players.

> >

> > Yes, and the game has many, many such achievements. There are only a tiny number of achievements that depend on "swarms" or much organization at all.

>

> But that's the point, personal achievements shouldn't have group requirements.

> Also the whole reward structure is poorly thought out, which allows these events to die out.

You’re assuming that it has to be one or the other. Achievements are just that: achievements. Some can be done solo and some require a group as this is an MMO after all.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > > You can make achievements based on things that do not require organisation or big group of players.

> > >

> > > Yes, and the game has many, many such achievements. There are only a tiny number of achievements that depend on "swarms" or much organization at all.

> >

> > But that's the point, personal achievements shouldn't have group requirements.

> > Also the whole reward structure is poorly thought out, which allows these events to die out.

>

> You’re assuming that it has to be one or the other. Achievements are just that: achievements. Some can be done solo and some require a group as this is an MMO after all.

I'm sorry you didn't understand, please try to re-read my posts, maybe you will then.

There's a difference between an achievement that requires a group to be completed, and achievements that require the whole group completing them to complete them.

And then there's also the lack of incentive for groups to even do those achievements, which, if you miss the bow wave of people rushing the content, you're screwed. Not great for the game's life-time if all there is to the game is that first week of content.

> > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > You can make achievements based on things that do not require organisation or big group of players.

> > > >

> > > > Yes, and the game has many, many such achievements. There are only a tiny number of achievements that depend on "swarms" or much organization at all.

> > >

> > > But that's the point, personal achievements shouldn't have group requirements.

> > > Also the whole reward structure is poorly thought out, which allows these events to die out.

> >

> > You’re assuming that it has to be one or the other. Achievements are just that: achievements. Some can be done solo and some require a group as this is an MMO after all.

>

> I'm sorry you didn't understand, please try to re-read my posts, maybe you will then.

> There's a difference between an achievement that requires a group to be completed, and achievements that require the whole group completing them to complete them.

> And then there's also the lack of incentive for groups to even do those achievements, which, if you miss the bow wave of people rushing the content, you're screwed. Not great for the game's life-time if all there is to the game is that first week of content.

Best example - Serpent's Ire. Unless you want your achievements, there is no reason to play this event.

> > > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > > > You can make achievements based on things that do not require organisation or big group of players.

> > > >

> > > > Yes, and the game has many, many such achievements. There are only a tiny number of achievements that depend on "swarms" or much organization at all.

> > >

> > > But that's the point, personal achievements shouldn't have group requirements.

> > > Also the whole reward structure is poorly thought out, which allows these events to die out.

> >

> > You’re assuming that it has to be one or the other. Achievements are just that: achievements. Some can be done solo and some require a group as this is an MMO after all.

>

> I'm sorry you didn't understand, please try to re-read my posts, maybe you will then.

> **There's a difference between an achievement that requires a group to be completed, and achievements that require the whole group completing them to complete them**.

> And then there's also the lack of incentive for groups to even do those achievements, which, if you miss the bow wave of people rushing the content, you're screwed. Not great for the game's life-time if all there is to the game is that first week of content.

You pretty much just stated the same thing twice.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > You can make achievements based on things that do not require organisation or big group of players.

> > > > >

> > > > > Yes, and the game has many, many such achievements. There are only a tiny number of achievements that depend on "swarms" or much organization at all.

> > > >

> > > > But that's the point, personal achievements shouldn't have group requirements.

> > > > Also the whole reward structure is poorly thought out, which allows these events to die out.

> > >

> > > You’re assuming that it has to be one or the other. Achievements are just that: achievements. Some can be done solo and some require a group as this is an MMO after all.

> >

> > I'm sorry you didn't understand, please try to re-read my posts, maybe you will then.

> > There's a difference between an achievement that requires a group to be completed, and achievements that require the whole group completing them to complete them.

> > And then there's also the lack of incentive for groups to even do those achievements, which, if you miss the bow wave of people rushing the content, you're screwed. Not great for the game's life-time if all there is to the game is that first week of content.

>

> Best example - Serpent's Ire. Unless you want your achievements, there is no reason to play this event.

Exactly, well, pretty much all of PoF achievements, maybe except some bounties that you can now and then find people doing trains.

@"Ayrilana.1396" Again, re-read everything until you understand that difference, because it's a big one.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> >

>

> Meaning that this content is relevant only on release so whole premise of GW2 to play however and whenever you want is gone. You play with the swarm or you can say buhbye to your cheevos.

Um, no, the premise of "play how you want" was always about you being able to choose how you want to level, how you want to gear up, how you want to pay for gems (in-game gold or cash). It was never "you can do whatever you want and get rewarded the same as someone who does harder stuff or spends more time in the game." There have always been challenging achievements, laborious achievements, and achievements that required coordination. Virtually all the big ones during LS1 required an entire map to work together.

In contrast, there have been very few achievements for which that is true since. Even triple trouble can be done by less than a full map, if there are enough experienced people to help. The only reason that hardly anyone thinks that AB meta requires a "full map" is that we always have enough experienced people helping: because it's rewards were so strong for so long, lots of people learned how to do it efficiently.

You don't have to "play with the swarm"; all the achievements are obtainable later, even years later. It just might require a different kind of effort to find the right people.

> > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > > > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > You can make achievements based on things that do not require organisation or big group of players.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Yes, and the game has many, many such achievements. There are only a tiny number of achievements that depend on "swarms" or much organization at all.

> > > > >

> > > > > But that's the point, personal achievements shouldn't have group requirements.

> > > > > Also the whole reward structure is poorly thought out, which allows these events to die out.

> > > >

> > > > You’re assuming that it has to be one or the other. Achievements are just that: achievements. Some can be done solo and some require a group as this is an MMO after all.

> > >

> > > I'm sorry you didn't understand, please try to re-read my posts, maybe you will then.

> > > There's a difference between an achievement that requires a group to be completed, and achievements that require the whole group completing them to complete them.

> > > And then there's also the lack of incentive for groups to even do those achievements, which, if you miss the bow wave of people rushing the content, you're screwed. Not great for the game's life-time if all there is to the game is that first week of content.

> >

> > Best example - Serpent's Ire. Unless you want your achievements, there is no reason to play this event.

>

> Exactly, well, pretty much all of PoF achievements, maybe except some bounties that you can now and then find people doing trains.

>

> @"Ayrilana.1396" Again, re-read everything until you understand that difference, because it's a big one.

Read them again and don’t see the difference. You’re complaining about group achievements throughout the thread. You’ve made distinctions between those that simply require completion (e.g completing serpent’s ire) and those that require a group to specifically work towards outside of completion (that shatterer one) but you’ve criticized both.

If you don’t like group achievements then don’t do them. This is the first time that I have seen over the years between the official forums and reddit of someone complaining about there being achievements that require a group. That’s a little different than what the OP was expressing concerns about.

There’s nothing about achievements that say they must be solo only. They’re simply various tasks in the game that Anet decided to reward players for accomplishing.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > > > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > > > > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > > You can make achievements based on things that do not require organisation or big group of players.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Yes, and the game has many, many such achievements. There are only a tiny number of achievements that depend on "swarms" or much organization at all.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > But that's the point, personal achievements shouldn't have group requirements.

> > > > > > Also the whole reward structure is poorly thought out, which allows these events to die out.

> > > > >

> > > > > You’re assuming that it has to be one or the other. Achievements are just that: achievements. Some can be done solo and some require a group as this is an MMO after all.

> > > >

> > > > I'm sorry you didn't understand, please try to re-read my posts, maybe you will then.

> > > > There's a difference between an achievement that requires a group to be completed, and achievements that require the whole group completing them to complete them.

> > > > And then there's also the lack of incentive for groups to even do those achievements, which, if you miss the bow wave of people rushing the content, you're screwed. Not great for the game's life-time if all there is to the game is that first week of content.

> > >

> > > Best example - Serpent's Ire. Unless you want your achievements, there is no reason to play this event.

> >

> > Exactly, well, pretty much all of PoF achievements, maybe except some bounties that you can now and then find people doing trains.

> >

> > @"Ayrilana.1396" Again, re-read everything until you understand that difference, because it's a big one.

>

> Read them again and don’t see the difference. You’re complaining about group achievements throughout the thread. You’ve made distinctions between those that simply require completion (e.g completing serpent’s ire) and those that require a group to specifically work towards outside of completion (that shatterer one) but you’ve criticized both.

>

> If you don’t like group achievements then don’t do them. This is the first time that I have seen over the years between the official forums and reddit of someone complaining about there being achievements that require a group. That’s a little different than what the OP was expressing concerns about.

>

> There’s nothing about achievements that say they must be solo only. They’re simply various tasks in the game that Anet decided to reward players for accomplishing.

Well, i criticized both because there's problems with both.

Personal achievements on group content (like serpent's Ire, all of tequtl's, etc) need incentives for people to do them, especially in PoF, where it's close to impossible to do it since people simply don't want to do that event ever again after completing the event, because it's not the easiest and the rewards are crap.

Group achievements on the other hand shouldn't even be a thing. Your personal achievements shouldn't be levelled on other people's actions.

I mean, and to simplify this for everyone that doesn't understand this: Imagine you're in Physical Education class.

You're being graded on football (soccer for the hand-egg fans).

Tequatl's achievements are like your teacher/coach saying: "Score a goal on this match, and if your team wins you get an A"

Serpent's Ire is like him saying: "Score a goal on this match, and if your team wins you get an A. But the rest of your team gets a C, if they already played a match, and you have to get a team together"

No Flying zone, and other group achievements is like him saying : "If everyone on the team scores a goal and you win, you get an A"

> > > > > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > > > > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > > > You can make achievements based on things that do not require organisation or big group of players.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Yes, and the game has many, many such achievements. There are only a tiny number of achievements that depend on "swarms" or much organization at all.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > But that's the point, personal achievements shouldn't have group requirements.

> > > > > > > Also the whole reward structure is poorly thought out, which allows these events to die out.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You’re assuming that it has to be one or the other. Achievements are just that: achievements. Some can be done solo and some require a group as this is an MMO after all.

> > > > >

> > > > > I'm sorry you didn't understand, please try to re-read my posts, maybe you will then.

> > > > > There's a difference between an achievement that requires a group to be completed, and achievements that require the whole group completing them to complete them.

> > > > > And then there's also the lack of incentive for groups to even do those achievements, which, if you miss the bow wave of people rushing the content, you're screwed. Not great for the game's life-time if all there is to the game is that first week of content.

> > > >

> > > > Best example - Serpent's Ire. Unless you want your achievements, there is no reason to play this event.

> > >

> > > Exactly, well, pretty much all of PoF achievements, maybe except some bounties that you can now and then find people doing trains.

> > >

> > > @"Ayrilana.1396" Again, re-read everything until you understand that difference, because it's a big one.

> >

> > Read them again and don’t see the difference. You’re complaining about group achievements throughout the thread. You’ve made distinctions between those that simply require completion (e.g completing serpent’s ire) and those that require a group to specifically work towards outside of completion (that shatterer one) but you’ve criticized both.

> >

> > If you don’t like group achievements then don’t do them. This is the first time that I have seen over the years between the official forums and reddit of someone complaining about there being achievements that require a group. That’s a little different than what the OP was expressing concerns about.

> >

> > There’s nothing about achievements that say they must be solo only. They’re simply various tasks in the game that Anet decided to reward players for accomplishing.

>

> Well, i criticized both because there's problems with both.

> Personal achievements on group content (like serpent's Ire, all of tequtl's, etc) need incentives for people to do them, especially in PoF, where it's close to impossible to do it since people simply don't want to do that event ever again after completing the event, because it's not the easiest and the rewards are crap.

>

> Group achievements on the other hand shouldn't even be a thing. Your personal achievements shouldn't be levelled on other people's actions.

>

> I mean, and to simplify this for everyone that doesn't understand this: Imagine you're in Physical Education class.

> You're being graded on football (soccer for the hand-egg fans).

> Tequatl's achievements are like your teacher/coach saying: "Score a goal on this match, and if your team wins you get an A"

> Serpent's Ire is like him saying: "Score a goal on this match, and if your team wins you get an A. But the rest of your team gets a C, if they already played a match, and you have to get a team together"

> No Flying zone, and other group achievements is like him saying : "If everyone on the team scores a goal and you win, you get an A"

Please indicate where it states that the achievements in this game are personal ones meaning they should be done solo. Until you do that you’re just expressing your personal preference.

Would you be happier if Anet made another tab, duplicated all of the different categories and subcategories, and then moved all of the group achievements there?

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > > > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > > > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > > > > > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > > > > You can make achievements based on things that do not require organisation or big group of players.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Yes, and the game has many, many such achievements. There are only a tiny number of achievements that depend on "swarms" or much organization at all.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > But that's the point, personal achievements shouldn't have group requirements.

> > > > > > > > Also the whole reward structure is poorly thought out, which allows these events to die out.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > You’re assuming that it has to be one or the other. Achievements are just that: achievements. Some can be done solo and some require a group as this is an MMO after all.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I'm sorry you didn't understand, please try to re-read my posts, maybe you will then.

> > > > > > There's a difference between an achievement that requires a group to be completed, and achievements that require the whole group completing them to complete them.

> > > > > > And then there's also the lack of incentive for groups to even do those achievements, which, if you miss the bow wave of people rushing the content, you're screwed. Not great for the game's life-time if all there is to the game is that first week of content.

> > > > >

> > > > > Best example - Serpent's Ire. Unless you want your achievements, there is no reason to play this event.

> > > >

> > > > Exactly, well, pretty much all of PoF achievements, maybe except some bounties that you can now and then find people doing trains.

> > > >

> > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" Again, re-read everything until you understand that difference, because it's a big one.

> > >

> > > Read them again and don’t see the difference. You’re complaining about group achievements throughout the thread. You’ve made distinctions between those that simply require completion (e.g completing serpent’s ire) and those that require a group to specifically work towards outside of completion (that shatterer one) but you’ve criticized both.

> > >

> > > If you don’t like group achievements then don’t do them. This is the first time that I have seen over the years between the official forums and reddit of someone complaining about there being achievements that require a group. That’s a little different than what the OP was expressing concerns about.

> > >

> > > There’s nothing about achievements that say they must be solo only. They’re simply various tasks in the game that Anet decided to reward players for accomplishing.

> >

> > Well, i criticized both because there's problems with both.

> > Personal achievements on group content (like serpent's Ire, all of tequtl's, etc) need incentives for people to do them, especially in PoF, where it's close to impossible to do it since people simply don't want to do that event ever again after completing the event, because it's not the easiest and the rewards are crap.

> >

> > Group achievements on the other hand shouldn't even be a thing. Your personal achievements shouldn't be levelled on other people's actions.

> >

> > I mean, and to simplify this for everyone that doesn't understand this: Imagine you're in Physical Education class.

> > You're being graded on football (soccer for the hand-egg fans).

> > Tequatl's achievements are like your teacher/coach saying: "Score a goal on this match, and if your team wins you get an A"

> > Serpent's Ire is like him saying: "Score a goal on this match, and if your team wins you get an A. But the rest of your team gets a C, if they already played a match, and you have to get a team together"

> > No Flying zone, and other group achievements is like him saying : "If everyone on the team scores a goal and you win, you get an A"

>

> Please indicate where it states that the achievements in this game are personal ones meaning they should be done solo. Until you do that you’re just expressing your personal preference.

>

> Would you be happier if Anet made another tab, duplicated all of the different categories and subcategories, and then moved all of the group achievements there?

Dude, i've already explained to you in the simplest terms i can think of. If you don't get what's the issue at hand, i can't help you there. But maybe, then just let people that do understand the issue keep on discussing without trying to derail it further please?

And since the achievements are your own, they're your **personal** achievements? They're not in a open-world leader-board or anything, they're on your **personal** Hero panel. If you want to discuss semantics, maybe start a new thread about the semantics of achievements? But this is a thread that is about the impossibility of completing achievements after some times due to the way they are created. Which is something that has a negative impact on new player's perception of the game. And has been demonstrated by me and others in this thread.

> I mean, and to simplify this for everyone that doesn't understand this: Imagine you're in Physical Education class.

> You're being graded on football (soccer for the hand-egg fans).

> Tequatl's achievements are like your teacher/coach saying: "Score a goal on this match, and if your team wins you get an A"

> Serpent's Ire is like him saying: "Score a goal on this match, and if your team wins you get an A. But the rest of your team gets a C, if they already played a match, and you have to get a team together"

> No Flying zone, and other group achievements is like him saying : "If everyone on the team scores a goal and you win, you get an A"

Except we aren't being graded, so it's a poor analogy.

We're being rewarded. Some rewards are offered to anyone who puts in the time. Some are rewarded for personal skill. Some are rewarded for ability to work in a team. (And yes, that is a grade at some schools, e.g. "Works Well With Others" and it's required to succeed at a lot of jobs, too.)

The fact is that GW2 has always had a variety of achievements. Most can be done solo, some need a group. Most are a matter of effort, some require skill. Many require spending coin and/or collecting mats; many do not. You don't have to enjoy all the types of achievements and I doubt very much if everyone does. Even those at the top of the leaderboards admit to hating some; they are just willing to suffer some discomfort to complete _everything_.

> > I mean, and to simplify this for everyone that doesn't understand this: Imagine you're in Physical Education class.

> > You're being graded on football (soccer for the hand-egg fans).

> > Tequatl's achievements are like your teacher/coach saying: "Score a goal on this match, and if your team wins you get an A"

> > Serpent's Ire is like him saying: "Score a goal on this match, and if your team wins you get an A. But the rest of your team gets a C, if they already played a match, and you have to get a team together"

> > No Flying zone, and other group achievements is like him saying : "If everyone on the team scores a goal and you win, you get an A"

>

> Except we aren't being graded, so it's a poor analogy.

>

> We're being rewarded. Some rewards are offered to anyone who puts in the time. Some are rewarded for personal skill. Some are rewarded for ability to work in a team. (And yes, that is a grade at some schools, e.g. "Works Well With Others" and it's required to succeed at a lot of jobs, too.)

>

> The fact is that GW2 has always had a variety of achievements. Most can be done solo, some need a group. Most are a matter of effort, some require skill. Many require spending coin and/or collecting mats; many do not. You don't have to enjoy all the types of achievements and I doubt very much if everyone does. Even those at the top of the leaderboards admit to hating some; they are just willing to suffer some discomfort to complete _everything_.

1) AP is and has been used as a grade for player's skill. And it's a pretty good analogy for the issue at hand, even if i say so myself. (I'm not even going to discuss the pedagogic uses of grades as positive or negative reinforcement - rewards/punishments).

2) It's not about working well with others. It's that some achievements are simply poorly constructed, i've given several examples. It's not about doing achievements in group content (i've already cited tequatl as an example of well made achievements).

PoF Events in general aren't rewarding enough to compel people to repeat the content there, which is bad on it's own. PoF has bad player retention, that's simply a fact. (It's barely half a year old and it's less populated than way older content like SW, Dry Top, etc).

That poor retention has an impact on achievements, and player perception of the game as a whole, which is something that should be fixed.

The other point that i make is while your achievements should be stuff that depends on your actions or stuff that is within your control. (Like dodging tequatl's tail), there are a few achievements that require things that aren't. Achievements that require dozens or hundreds of other players to do specific actions in order for you to obtain it make no sense.

@"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> Dude, i've already explained to you in the simplest terms i can think of.

Not everyone agrees that your explanation accurately reflects the situation.

> If you don't get what's the issue at hand, i can't help you there.

Oh I get what you think is the issue; I simply don't agree that it is one.

> But maybe, then just let people that do understand the issue keep on discussing without trying to derail it further please?

Have you considered the possibility that there might be another way to look at this?

> And since the achievements are your own, they're your **personal** achievements?

Last I checked, the winner of relay races gets their own reward for a group achievement. The achievement score reflects what you've accomplished, sure. That includes both individual accomplishments and things you've done with others. You get the same credit for a JP if you walk it yourself or if you get a port.

> If you want to discuss semantics, maybe start a new thread about the semantics of achievements?

Then why are you trying to shoehorn the jargon term "achievement" as it's used in this game into something else?

> But this is a thread that is about the impossibility of completing achievements after some times due to the way they are created.

First, everything you wrote above has **nothing** to do with "after some times". You've argued above that it's about personal accomplishment (even though that can and does include "working with others"). Second, it's simply not impossible just because you declare it to be so. The achievements can be done long after they launch, even though sometimes the sort of effort evolves over time.

> Which is something that has a negative impact on new player's perception of the game.

> And has been demonstrated by me and others in this thread.

What you've demonstrated is that you're unhappy about the situation. And I'm sorry about that. There are different ways to deal with that: ask for help to finish, you can grumble quietly, tell others that it's not fair, or offer specific critiques of specific events.