The number of Hackers are increasing

Demon.6743

Right before this post, met another hacker in pvp... A ranger dealt 12.5k dmg using GS auto attack, I'm downed in 1 second by two auto attacks. Don't assume other skills or something else, I checked the dmg list, only two skills:

Slice: 10.4k

power stab: 12.5k

I cannot imagine any build can do this.

Was he a soul beast? If he was running Soulbeast in beast mode Sic em using Marksmanship line with the remorseless trait/ full glass zerker scholar runes He can very well generate that damage I very much agree that there are likely more hackers now for the obvious reason of they don't really get banned.

Far as the ranger you encountered goes I am 100% certain that the ranger you encountered was likely a full glass soulbeast specialized for max damage which few people in this game actually are aware of how much damage that actually is when factoring in all the damage mods with a ferocious archetype pet in beast mode with sic em not to mention in 1 of the very recent past "balance patches" Ranger GS auto was buffed for more damage.

All of that being said I am 100% certain far as your statement goes though " Don't assume other skills or something else, I checked the dmg list, only two skills:

Slice: 10.4k" Soulbeast beast mode Ferocious archetype Sic em proced maybe moa stance going also the ranger will kick out that damage np it doesn't matter of it was just 2 auto attacks when you realize how much damage is actually there.

Eh.. slice and power stab going 10k and 12k is pretty far fetched. You'd need to have the most ultra glass dps spec possible and have the opponent in the right circumstances considering 25 might stacks, 25 vuln and all of your modifiers hitting at the exact same time, making that soulbeast a target that could be killed in 2 hits. In other words, that's impractical to consider someone was even running that build. But it is possible.

I do have to say though that I believe a bug may exist right now that is somehow causing players to deal more damage. I had encountered a holo early this season that was engaging my bunker druid 1v1 and somehow this guy was rifle 1 spamming me for 7k - 7.5k consistently, even while having protection on frequently. Just like you, I went back through combat log and this guy was just dealing triple the damage he should have been. Their team was bad and we still won the match but that doesn't explain how this engi was dealing so much damage -every- time he shot rifle #1. A friend of mine who plays holo in top 50 tried to recreate the situation to see if it was possible and guess what? It wasn't.

I hope it's not a new hack epidemic. From what I understand a DPS hack is much more difficult if not impossible to do through the GW2 engine but a flat out bug would explain it. Let's say something goes wonky when you come off respawn and for whatever reason, the game is reading that you are not wearing armor at all. I believe something like this is going on.

> @"Luciferior.4802" said:

> Was he a soul beast? If he was running Soulbeast in beast mode Sic em using Marksmanship line with the remorseless trait/ full glass zerker scholar runes He can very well generate that damage I very much agree that there are likely more hackers now for the obvious reason of they don't really get banned.

>

> Far as the ranger you encountered goes I am 100% certain that the ranger you encountered was likely a full glass soulbeast specialized for max damage which few people in this game actually are aware of how much damage that actually is when factoring in all the damage mods with a ferocious archetype pet in beast mode with sic em not to mention in 1 of the very recent past "balance patches" Ranger GS auto was buffed for more damage.

>

> All of that being said I am 100% certain far as your statement goes though " Don't assume other skills or something else, I checked the dmg list, only two skills:

> Slice: 10.4k" Soulbeast beast mode Ferocious archetype Sic em proced maybe moa stance going also the ranger will kick out that damage np it doesn't matter of it was just 2 auto attacks when you realize how much damage is actually there.

I don't think this is the case. It was the start of the game, I run far and he is capping, no might stack possible at the time.

Regardless, if he was not hacking, is it worse? two autos get so much dmg.

Today, I met a no cooldown full counter warrior + no cooldown heal. Hackers are one of the main reason a game could die, if Anet does not pay attention to this, GW2 is going to an end.

> @"Demon.6743" said:

> Right before this post, met another hacker in pvp... A ranger dealt 12.5k dmg using GS auto attack, I'm downed in 1 second by two auto attacks. Don't assume other skills or something else, I checked the dmg list, only two skills:

> Slice: 10.4k

> power stab: 12.5k

> I cannot imagine any build can do this.

Should have take a screen shot. I kinda dont believe because 2 auto att is more than 1 second and you said you went down in 1.

And 10k auto isnt posible in pvp. Max damage mods on gs first auto is 800. Max damage % buff is 100%. Max crit damage % is 230%.

So maybe a hack. But alot of people dont understand other classes well. So nexttime, you should take a screen shot so we can see it our self.

> @"corey.6451" said:

> > @"Demon.6743" said:

> > Right before this post, met another hacker in pvp... A ranger dealt 12.5k dmg using GS auto attack, I'm downed in 1 second by two auto attacks. Don't assume other skills or something else, I checked the dmg list, only two skills:

> > Slice: 10.4k

> > power stab: 12.5k

> > I cannot imagine any build can do this.

>

> Should have take a screen shot. I kinda dont believe because 2 auto att is more than 1 second and you said you went down in 1.

>

> And 10k auto isnt posible in pvp. Max damage mods on gs first auto is 800. Max damage % buff is 100%. Max crit damage % is 230%.

>

> So maybe a hack. But alot of people dont understand other classes well. So nexttime, you should take a screen shot so we can see it our self.

I do want to, but I chose to focus on the game. We won that game 500 470+. It would be a very ez game if there was no hacker, wherever he goes, all die except the warrior. Yes, even the scourge get down instantly. Although I also suspect our War is a hacker too ...

> @"Demon.6743" said:

> > @"corey.6451" said:

> > > @"Demon.6743" said:

> > > Right before this post, met another hacker in pvp... A ranger dealt 12.5k dmg using GS auto attack, I'm downed in 1 second by two auto attacks. Don't assume other skills or something else, I checked the dmg list, only two skills:

> > > Slice: 10.4k

> > > power stab: 12.5k

> > > I cannot imagine any build can do this.

> >

> > Should have take a screen shot. I kinda dont believe because 2 auto att is more than 1 second and you said you went down in 1.

> >

> > And 10k auto isnt posible in pvp. Max damage mods on gs first auto is 800. Max damage % buff is 100%. Max crit damage % is 230%.

> >

> > So maybe a hack. But alot of people dont understand other classes well. So nexttime, you should take a screen shot so we can see it our self.

>

> I do want to, but I chose to focus on the game. We won that game 500 470+. It would be a very ez game if there was no hacker, wherever he goes, all die except the warrior. Yes, even the scourge get down instantly. Although I also suspect our War is a hacker too ...

You did said that you die in 1 second. Why not use that 20 second respawn time to spend 5 second to press 1 screen shot button on yours keyboard

> @"corey.6451" said:

> > @"Demon.6743" said:

> > > @"corey.6451" said:

> > > > @"Demon.6743" said:

> > > > Right before this post, met another hacker in pvp... A ranger dealt 12.5k dmg using GS auto attack, I'm downed in 1 second by two auto attacks. Don't assume other skills or something else, I checked the dmg list, only two skills:

> > > > Slice: 10.4k

> > > > power stab: 12.5k

> > > > I cannot imagine any build can do this.

> > >

> > > Should have take a screen shot. I kinda dont believe because 2 auto att is more than 1 second and you said you went down in 1.

> > >

> > > And 10k auto isnt posible in pvp. Max damage mods on gs first auto is 800. Max damage % buff is 100%. Max crit damage % is 230%.

> > >

> > > So maybe a hack. But alot of people dont understand other classes well. So nexttime, you should take a screen shot so we can see it our self.

> >

> > I do want to, but I chose to focus on the game. We won that game 500 470+. It would be a very ez game if there was no hacker, wherever he goes, all die except the warrior. Yes, even the scourge get down instantly. Although I also suspect our War is a hacker too ...

>

> You did said that you die in 1 second. Why not use that 20 second respawn time to spend 5 second to press 1 screen shot button on yours keyboa

Yes, that's my problem. I was just shocked by that so forgot everything else. I do not come to forum or communicate with other players before, was on a pure solo mode. I was not aware of hackers in this game. But sadly, it is the truth and by looking into the forum, I know that it's very common to meet hackers in this game.

I quite 3-4 games because of hackers before, this one will be not an exception. I might still play a bit until the winter ends, then probably quit.

@Demon.6743 the specs I am referring to for soulbeast do not require might to generate that damage early on might can be obtained but its only after they have been fighting something for a min or two with a health difference.

@corey.6451 "But alot of people dont understand other classes well." I tried to explain to the OP that a Soulbeast full glass can very well generate this damage I know because I play the elite spec it has very high damage when speced full glass my issue though is this right here ....."But alot of people dont understand other classes well"

Yet when the issue is brought up OP cannot even state what type of ranger he came across to begin with he has not said whether it was a core ranger druid or in fact a soulbeast leading me to wonder if he even knows the difference but at the same time assuming it was a hacker.

Now to be fair I don't count the existence of hackers they are without a doubt around but far as hacks go they are usually specific either speed hacks teleport hacks lag spike related hacks. Far as Damage goes a Full Glass Soulbeast can generate that damage np "Cynz.9437 Actually with multipliers ranger can do it."

> @"witcher.3197" said:

> Thinking people are hacking because they do phat deeps is so childish.. that's not what hackers do. They accelerate speed, teleport, fly, stuff like that.

And when people lag, which isn’t their fault. I’ve not been able to hit people because with lag their position wasn’t where they actually were.

And like you said, sometimes people think you’re hacking because you aren’t using the meta build.

> @"witcher.3197" said:

> Thinking people are hacking because they do phat deeps is so childish.. that's not what hackers do. They accelerate speed, teleport, fly, stuff like that.

There actually might be a new hack that is lowering or removing the CDs of certain skills. There are a lot of people lately complaining about characters using powerful skills back to back with no CDs, which in turn will significantly raise DPS. That or it's some kind of in-game exploit.

I haven't seen it myself yet but then again I've only played like 13 games this season. I just know that whenever random people who do not know each other start noticing and describing some same phenomena, the community should pay attention to it.

> @"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:

> > @"witcher.3197" said:

> > Thinking people are hacking because they do phat deeps is so childish.. that's not what hackers do. They accelerate speed, teleport, fly, stuff like that.

>

> There actually might be a new hack that is lowering or removing the CDs of certain skills. There are a lot of people lately complaining about characters using powerful skills back to back with no CDs, which in turn will significantly raise DPS. That or it's some kind of in-game exploit.

>

> I haven't seen it myself yet but then again I've only played like 13 games this season. I just know that whenever random people who do not know each other start noticing and describing some same phenomena, the community should pay attention to it.

>

You're just experiencing the fucked up level of powercreep in GW2. Holo dodge hit harder than a mesmer burst 3 years ago and I can imagine how someone may find it strange to get hit for like 6k damage when the holo isn't using skills and things like that. People can get blown up in seconds from virtually anything, randomly.

I did get hit with what seemed like an impossibly fast combo from a weaver the other day. That said I’m not sure if the combo was technically or completely impossible.

Technically means they used a macro to hit the keys quickly. Completely would be violating internal cooldowns + macro to hit multiple times.

I could also have lagged slightly and only thought I took my entire hp bar in a quarter second. I tend to think it’s not a hack though because the servers can easily be blamed for most weird stuff people experience.

> @"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:

> > @"witcher.3197" said:

> > Thinking people are hacking because they do phat deeps is so childish.. that's not what hackers do. They accelerate speed, teleport, fly, stuff like that.

>

> There actually might be a new hack that is lowering or removing the CDs of certain skills. There are a lot of people lately complaining about characters using powerful skills back to back with no CDs, which in turn will significantly raise DPS. That or it's some kind of in-game exploit.

It's called Alacrity.

> @"Crinn.7864" said:

> > @"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:

> > > @"witcher.3197" said:

> > > Thinking people are hacking because they do phat deeps is so childish.. that's not what hackers do. They accelerate speed, teleport, fly, stuff like that.

> >

> > There actually might be a new hack that is lowering or removing the CDs of certain skills. There are a lot of people lately complaining about characters using powerful skills back to back with no CDs, which in turn will significantly raise DPS. That or it's some kind of in-game exploit.

> It's called Alacrity.

>

>

No, I encountered a mirage with literally zero cooldown 10 clones nonstop every 1/2 second, and shatter too on zero cooldowns. I don't think that is possible to do.