Any tips for farming gold faster for the griffon mount?

Finishing up the path of fire story really soon, and its going to be painful saving up the 250 gold needed for the griffon mount. So any tips for earning more quicker? I'm mostly looking for general tips that are able to be done during normal gameplay, and I don't have to go super far out of the way to do.

I know converting gems to gold would be the fastest, but I typically don't like doing that since I prefer using gems on exclusive stuff, and not stuff I can get from simply playing the game.

My current methods are doing the daily stuff for the free 2 gold it gives, selling daily login bonuses I don't need (converting laurels into T6 material bags, mystic coins mostly) and even then, this is pretty slow. So i'm looking for more methods I can add into my daily routine that would help out.

Thanks for the responses. I posted the same post over on reddit, and someone told me to link an API code to gw2efficiency.com to see proper values on everything I have.

Apparently I had about 180 gold worth of materials just sitting around in storage... Going to be doing a mass sell on what I don't need.

> @"TheMightyNewb.6789" said:

> Your credit card was the intended method

Just did the math, simply buying the 250 gold for the mount will cost around 15$, which is well within my range of in game spending (If it gets me something truly worth the value, which in this case it would), but since I had so much in my material storage, i'm just going to save the up the last 70 gold with the above methods.

I was going to suggest material storage, but I see you've already got there. I often think of material storage as my "savings account". Because you can deposit materials instantly it's easy to fill it up without really thinking about it, and materials are always in demand so they're often worth quite a bit.

Two things to remember if you're doing this though:

1) Refined materials are often worth more than the basics - it's well worth spending a few seconds turning logs into planks, ore into ingots etc. for the increase in value. Or if your crafting level is high enough and you're willing to space it out a bit make the time-gated ascended materials, turn them into the final version which is tradable (e.g. Spiritwood Planks) and sell that.

2) It doesn't have to be an all-or-nothing approach. If you might use the materials you could always set a minimum and sell whatever you have over that. For example I like to keep 50 of each food item just in case I want them, and I just sell whatever extra I have. It does take longer to go through and split the stacks, but it saves me worrying that I'll sell it and then find I need it for something. Or just sell the ones you don't need.

Also as someone else said remember that you're not actually paying 250g for the griffon - you're paying 10 lots of 25g. It does make a difference because it means you can spread it out, or if you find it hard to save up you only need to get 25g, then spend it, then get another 25g. The rest of the collection will probably take you a few days at least (or a few weeks if you're like me and want to take your time, doing it when you feel like it) so there's no need to get the whole lot saved up in one go.

Hmmm if you don’t care about laurels. Hit medium mat bags.

Hit fractals.

Hmmm check out silverwaste time when it starts or party up. Then when auric meta hits drift there then go back.

Sell every mat you don’t need. Repeat till your 250.

There’s also method to gets mats and craft it then sell it higher. But you have to find the right crafting thing that sells high at the moment. And it changes during time.

Bitterfrost isn’t bad ether. With all the chests you can sell all the stuff you get, or salvage and sell.

Agreed with the last person also. The only things that cost are the collections. Which are 25 a piece. So you could actually start and retrieve the eggs in all maps. Then when you actually see the events you could use your money on them first. Then when you get enough do the hearts, buy the rest since the events are harder to find.

But you need more like 25 a piece per collection.

SW, VB, DS, Lake Doric leather farms etc. Just check LFG and find any good sized group doing any of these. It's not that hard to net 10G an hour just playing.

And clear out your mats if you're not overly attached to 'em, you might be surprised how much money you actually already have.

• 1 month later...

Istan, Silverwastes, T4 Fractals (best bets)

People say farm istan/sw but the trick is to roll a low level toon say 49-53 (i believe) and give that lowbie toon your bags to open from the istan/sw farm you did on yer 80. All gear bags you open on the low toon will have gear of that level which is money on the TP. You can either sell as is or salvage the gear for valuable mats. It can be a little more time consuming checking the TP prices for every item, but you can potentially make a ton. Also to note, bags that are affected by Magic Find will only yield lvl 80 gear. (it says so on the rollover description if you're wondering)

Do your dailies and hit up a Rich Platinum Run [

"https://youtube.com/watch?v=6vKnUCtB1WU&t=83s") or Do the 4 Flax Farms [
"https://youtube.com/watch?v=MQDXLYNs5Sc&t=10s") for 1 hr or less a day or hoard the mats & save em for a rainy day then u can sell a stack instantly if you need some quick cash.