Map Bonus Rewards and Legendary Crafting

Chrth.1035

So I'm working my way towards Nevermore, and I'm taking my time because I'm not very gold rich (I'm giving myself about 5 months of getting the Clovers at the end of each month first). One of the things I've started doing is using the Pact Network agents to autocomplete map bonus rewards, and of course using gw2efficiency to figure out what items I need to acquire.

My question is: is there a utility online that I can use to join the components I need for Nevermore with the current map bonus rewards that would suggest the best map that week to get the rewards on? I can sorta eyeball the "best" item to aim for based on what I need, but with the large number of items needed and available I can easily see how focusing on only a couple of the rewards might not be optimal.

Thanks

As far as I know there’s no online source for it, what I personally did was to just play in a zone that was both in the level range for mats I needed, and preferably also had map reward bonuses of the same type I needed.

Also, if you’re in need of the “rare” crafting matterials (blood, scales, dust etc.) dumping your laurels into the vendor for the appropriate tier you need is a fantastic way to get a whole bunch of them.

What I do when working on a Legendary is throw together a quick Google Sheet. At the end of every play session, I update it so that the next time I play I know which items I still need.

If I knew how to post a picture from my PC to these newfangled forums, I'd show you what they look like.

I have 7 columns:

1. Material Name

2. How many are needed

3. How many I have

4. How many remain (3-2)

5. The current per material Buy Price from the Trading Post

6. The total Buy Price for the remaining materials (4*5)

7. What the material is combined to make (Gift of Energy, Gift of Music, etc.)

> @"mtpelion.4562" said:

> What I do when working on a Legendary is throw together a quick Google Sheet. At the end of every play session, I update it so that the next time I play I know which items I still need.

>

GW2 Efficiency does that for you btw, and it will check your bank and inventories, so you never miss anything.

As for OP's request, i don't know of anything that does that, nor am i sure there's a API query for map rewards (which would be required to allow this).

> @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > @"mtpelion.4562" said:

> > What I do when working on a Legendary is throw together a quick Google Sheet. At the end of every play session, I update it so that the next time I play I know which items I still need.

> >

>

> GW2 Efficiency does that for you btw, and it will check your bank and inventories, so you never miss anything.

>

> As for OP's request, i don't know of anything that does that, nor am i sure there's a API query for map rewards (which would be required to allow this).

I've never actually played with GW2Efficiency's crafting module. I can see that it does replicate what I was doing, though I do prefer a spreadsheet layout for side by side viewing purposes.

> @"Chrth.1035" said:

> My question is: is there a utility online that I can use to join the components I need for Nevermore with the current map bonus rewards that would suggest the best map that week to get the rewards on? I can sorta eyeball the "best" item to aim for based on what I need, but with the large number of items needed and available I can easily see how focusing on only a couple of the rewards might not be optimal.

Most people farm gold, because that's the "most efficient" way to obtain everything. As a made-up-but-plausible scenario, you can farm 15-25g per hour in a variety of ways, but you'll never be able to reliably farm 20g worth of e.g. passion flowers in an hour. It does rub some people the wrong way to pay a huge quantity for the wood (even when they have the coin already), so folks will farm that in a variety of ways. But most of the other things... I think most people find it far, far simpler to accumulate gold and buy off the TP.

Still I recommend that you post this idea in the [API discussion folder](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/categories/api-development). It's theoretically easy to make this happen. GW2 Efficiency, for example, already uses the API to track what you personally need to gather and the wiki has the map reward system laid out precisely (in the form of some data tables hidden to most viewers)... so it's "just" a matter of someone tying those things together.

In essence, the question is:

> Given the shopping list of items I need, for which map(s) should I invest my [Mapping Materials](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Pact_Scout%27s_Mapping_Materials)?

> Bonus: should I wait a week or two?

> Bonus: how should I most efficiently invest [M] amount of the tokens over the next [W] weeks?

However, as I suggested above, I think the answer is going to mostly end up being, "go to the map with the highest value of mats, sell the mats, and buy what you need." (Mostly because the value of the most coin-rewarding option is so much higher than for any specific thing you need for Nevermore or other legendaries.)

I just go for whichever one gives powerful blood since they tended to be more expensive than the rest. I skip the 'sell to buy' bit because that requires more work. I would have to check how much I would get back from selling then determine how much of the other thing I could get with the profit and compare to how much I could get directly.

Thanks for all the tips, gang. I appreciate them.

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> I just go for whichever one gives powerful blood since they tended to be more expensive than the rest. I skip the 'sell to buy' bit because that requires more work. I would have to check how much I would get back from selling then determine how much of the other thing I could get with the profit and compare to how much I could get directly.

Yeah, that's my hesitation with the "go for the gold" method, it feels like an extra step of planning that doesn't involve playing the game. I guess I could ignore it, but I'm not sure if my brain will let me.

> @"mtpelion.4562" said:

> > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > @"mtpelion.4562" said:

> > > What I do when working on a Legendary is throw together a quick Google Sheet. At the end of every play session, I update it so that the next time I play I know which items I still need.

> > >

> >

> > GW2 Efficiency does that for you btw, and it will check your bank and inventories, so you never miss anything.

> >

> > As for OP's request, i don't know of anything that does that, nor am i sure there's a API query for map rewards (which would be required to allow this).

>

> I've never actually played with GW2Efficiency's crafting module. I can see that it does replicate what I was doing, though I do prefer a spreadsheet layout for side by side viewing purposes.

You can export the results to a spreadsheet, altho I'm not sure if the format is the same as what you want

> @"Chrth.1035" said:

> > @"mtpelion.4562" said:

> > > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > > @"mtpelion.4562" said:

> > > > What I do when working on a Legendary is throw together a quick Google Sheet. At the end of every play session, I update it so that the next time I play I know which items I still need.

> > > >

> > >

> > > GW2 Efficiency does that for you btw, and it will check your bank and inventories, so you never miss anything.

> > >

> > > As for OP's request, i don't know of anything that does that, nor am i sure there's a API query for map rewards (which would be required to allow this).

> >

> > I've never actually played with GW2Efficiency's crafting module. I can see that it does replicate what I was doing, though I do prefer a spreadsheet layout for side by side viewing purposes.

>

> You can export the results to a spreadsheet, altho I'm not sure if the format is the same as what you want

Yep, you can export to spreadsheet. It is a CSV, so you'll have to do some work to make it a proper spreadsheet table.