They broke mesmer

Link.1049

Holy cow... .I was holding out for a good patch...but anet disappointed the hell out of me. Someone was saying they do less confusion damage now...that doesn't matter because they don't need it anymore. It's the most broken class I've seen since HOT launched! I know they said they were going to watch it and adjust as needed, and that couldn't come soon enough. Wow... what a miscalculation.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Link.1049" said:

> Holy cow... .I was holding out for a good patch...but anet disappointed the hell out of me. Someone was saying they do less confusion damage now...that doesn't matter because they don't need it anymore. It's the most broken class I've seen since HOT launched! I know they said they were going to watch it and adjust as needed, and that couldn't come soon enough. Wow... what a miscalculation.

If you're talking about condition mesmer - you're wrong and I think you're trolling. But if you're talking about power mesmer, then yes, it's very powerful now.

> @"Guizao.4167" said:

> > @"Link.1049" said:

> > Holy cow... .I was holding out for a good patch...but anet disappointed the hell out of me. Someone was saying they do less confusion damage now...that doesn't matter because they don't need it anymore. It's the most broken class I've seen since HOT launched! I know they said they were going to watch it and adjust as needed, and that couldn't come soon enough. Wow... what a miscalculation.

>

> If you're talking about condition mesmer - you're wrong and I think you're trolling. But if you're talking about power mesmer, then yes, it's very powerful now.

I’d rather have strong power Mesmer over condi though.

Daredevil realistically still gives power Mesmer a hard time, and it doesn’t have the vitality bonus of carrion.

> @"ToPNoP.2493" said:

> stronger Mesmer, stronger soulbeast, daredevil is now obsolete. thanks for the great patch anet. maybe its time to delete this game.

Can you quote Anet on the Soulbeast "buffs" we got? Because seriously, the general consensus on the ranger forums is that we quite literally only got bug fixes we've been waiting on since PoF came out almost half a year ago.

> @"BadMed.3846" said:

> It's a welcome change. Mesmers needed this balance. Use skill now.

Mesmer was in a good place... now it's just broken... it's become just another broken spec in need of a fix. Meanwhile fixes that actually NEED to be done get left on the cutting room floor. #obstructedbygrass

I think ppl forget just how much of a pain power Mesmers were and the actual rage/frustration they caused in the past now they effectively have just about everything they need in the defensive department and even more offensive prowess to top it off. While condi mesmers were a serious pain to fight nothing bugs me more then getting burst down while hit by some form of cc be it a stun multiple dazes knockbacks float moa etc.

Forgot nothing.... prior to patch I thought they were one of the best balanced classes in the game. They'd nail you in a heartbeat if you fell asleep in a point, and you had to have some finesse to have an even fight with them. Now... unless you catch one afk or lag-spiking they're gonna pop perma-block, clone out, shatter you, rinse wash, repeat. It took what... 2 hours for the meta to switch over to warrior/mes? 2 warriors, 2 mesmers on a team... game over.

> @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > @"ToPNoP.2493" said:

> > stronger Mesmer, stronger soulbeast, daredevil is now obsolete. thanks for the great patch anet. maybe its time to delete this game.

>

> Can you quote Anet on the Soulbeast "buffs" we got? Because seriously, the general consensus on the ranger forums is that we quite literally only got bug fixes we've been waiting on since PoF came out almost half a year ago.

More pets became viable...of course it's not what expected, but again the nerfs to necro/mesmer should leave soulbeast in a better position respect to before, after all condis were the main issue I'd say

You ppl are funny, if you can't make a difference between the real mess and the illusions and can't care less about being aware where the enemy is, you will die. I would gladly have back the condi confusion mes instead of the power-> more invis, more disengage and better mobility overall instead of this current static power mes. Git gud or git rekt.

> @"Flauvious.6195" said:

> Y'all should start taking toughness. I know it's been a completely useless stat for a long time since 80% of your opponents completely ignored it, but now power is run again there is a stat which reduces it's effectiveness...

Toughness does NOTHING for a thief... it's like giving us alacrity...useless.

> @"Diesel Stelar.3709" said:

> You ppl are funny, if you can't make a difference between the real mess and the illusions and can't care less about being aware where the enemy is, you will die. I would gladly have back the condi confusion mes instead of the power-> more invis, more disengage and better mobility overall instead of this current static power mes. Git gud or git rekt.

The Mirage is a bandwagon toon, if it is too strong we just wont play against it. If pvp is still terrible, personally I will just farm gears. I have no worries on the Mesmer front, because opness is just a setting. I haven't had enough Mesmer encounters to make a guess on how strong it is, but I will say that I have beat 3 and been killed by one while roaming. I also fought 2 on my warrior (the other suddenly appeared mid fight when he seen his friend getting facerolled). Though they had a hard time with me, the settings are still new and players will need about a month to get really good. I know that thief daredevil is having a hard time with mirage (and gets 1 hit by weaver, soulbeast, and Mesmer without being able to 1 hit back) but thief has been nerfed as much as it can be without fully destroying it. If Mesmer is ever nerfed, I feel like they will be in for a rude awakening when thieves can again compete. This will happen. The hands down most annoying, non camp taking, slow, and overpowered Mirage spec is over thief, the most popular and fastest class? I don't see that lasting forever. If so, I will just quit, less money equals action, but if I'm not playing, it wont matter anyway. Right now, I'm going back power and will just smash all mesmers I see distracted, dueling or roaming, it don't matter. I hate bandwagons. Mesmer is kos.