Griffon Flight Change After 2/6 Update [merged]

kharmin.7683

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with you legeant... I noticed the change right away back when they made it. Hated it. Still hate it.

They talk about the "joy of movement" which the Griffon had spot on before this "fix". Then the joy was sucked out completely.

The biggest problem I have with it, is it's unintuitive. They give us two buttons, a dive and a climb. Call me crazy, but my out-of-the-gate assumption is gonna be "while I'm holding dive, the griffon will dive, while I'm holding climb, the griffon will climb" and as long as you don't use the turbo boost, that's exactly how it does work... But if you're using boost, that's actually not how it works at all... Not being able to interrupt the boosted dive animation means there are times (and it happens ALOT) when I press climb, expecting the Griffon to climb, but instead, he doesn't respond to the button press at all and just keeps diving.

It just feels really bad.

> @"Dravis.7681" said:

> > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > Climb and dive work just fine. Sweep is a different mechanic.

>

> They work fine as long as you never use the speed boost.

Nope. They’ve always worked fine. I’ve been using them the intended way since PoF launched.

Edit:

The swoop is intended to dive a specific distance. Being able to interrupt it, but still retain the increased speed, was unintended.

You can still get speed increases with regular dives and have the ability to pull up whenever you want.