Griffon Flight Change After 2/6 Update [merged]

kharmin.7683

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Rubberduckgillespie.9854" said:

> > @"MokahTGS.7850" said:

> > Just waiting for the tinfoil hats saying it was nerfed because the next expansion will sell real flying mounts.

>

> And I would buy them. :D

A flying mount in the basic mounts would be a great idea. I can not agree with the idea of a flying mount that is an elite though.

To me it was not the 250 G, I have not had a balance that low on any of my accounts in years. For other people it IS a big deal though so I did not want to assist the griffon in being the defacto standard.

> @"Menadena.7482" said:

> > @"Rubberduckgillespie.9854" said:

> > > @"MokahTGS.7850" said:

> > > Just waiting for the tinfoil hats saying it was nerfed because the next expansion will sell real flying mounts.

> >

> > And I would buy them. :D

>

> A flying mount in the basic mounts would be a great idea. I can not agree with the idea of a flying mount that is an elite though.

>

> To me it was not the 250 G, I have not had a balance that low on any of my accounts in years. For other people it IS a big deal though so I did not want to assist the griffon in being the defacto standard.

If the next expac included a flying mount I wouldn't even be mad, I really enjoyed the process of getting my Griffin, and I've had a blast with it ever since. I kinda doubt they would though, because I think a lot of people would complain.

> @"Rubberduckgillespie.9854" said:

> > @"Menadena.7482" said:

> > > @"Rubberduckgillespie.9854" said:

> > > > @"MokahTGS.7850" said:

> > > > Just waiting for the tinfoil hats saying it was nerfed because the next expansion will sell real flying mounts.

> > >

> > > And I would buy them. :D

> >

> > A flying mount in the basic mounts would be a great idea. I can not agree with the idea of a flying mount that is an elite though.

> >

> > To me it was not the 250 G, I have not had a balance that low on any of my accounts in years. For other people it IS a big deal though so I did not want to assist the griffon in being the defacto standard.

>

> If the next expac included a flying mount I wouldn't even be mad, I really enjoyed the process of getting my Griffin, and I've had a blast with it ever since. I kinda doubt they would though, because I think a lot of people would complain.

Yeah, people are going to complain either way.

If they were to do it it would only make sense as a basic mount. Have different types of birds (with different skills) for the different masteries maybe. As to the griffon, well, it had a long head start where it was the only option to even semi-fly and after that it is like having an exclusive skin. The big problem I see is doing something to keep the other 4 mounts relevant. For example, those mounts did not make gliding useless nor does it do the same to them. They are orthogonal and are skills that work in harmony with the other.

> @"Menadena.7482" said:

> > > @"Menadena.7482" said:

> > > > @"Rubberduckgillespie.9854" said:

> > > > > @"MokahTGS.7850" said:

> > > > > Just waiting for the tinfoil hats saying it was nerfed because the next expansion will sell real flying mounts.

> > > >

> > > > And I would buy them. :D

> > >

> > > A flying mount in the basic mounts would be a great idea. I can not agree with the idea of a flying mount that is an elite though.

> > >

> > > To me it was not the 250 G, I have not had a balance that low on any of my accounts in years. For other people it IS a big deal though so I did not want to assist the griffon in being the defacto standard.

> >

> > If the next expac included a flying mount I wouldn't even be mad, I really enjoyed the process of getting my Griffin, and I've had a blast with it ever since. I kinda doubt they would though, because I think a lot of people would complain.

>

> Yeah, people are going to complain either way.

>

> If they were to do it it would only make sense as a basic mount. Have different types of birds (with different skills) for the different masteries maybe. As to the griffon, well, it had a long head start where it was the only option to even semi-fly and after that it is like having an exclusive skin. The big problem I see is doing something to keep the other 4 mounts relevant. For example, those mounts did not make gliding useless nor does it do the same to them. They are orthogonal and are skills that work in harmony with the other.

Maybe make it so that the pure flying mount can't walk on the ground at all, you summon it and your only options are to take off or sit in one place.

> @"kharmin.7683" said:

>

> > Maybe make it so that the pure flying mount can't walk on the ground at all, you summon it and your only options are to take off or sit in one place.

>

> I oppose this suggestion.

Yeah, maybe allow it to walk but have the other mounts still move faster. Of course, you still could fly up a little bit then zoom to your destination so it would not be a huge block.

What we have seen between gliding and mounts is one did not totally obviate the other (which is part of my complaint about the griffon, it is like gliding++). At the same time they were somewhat aware of the other one, just think how much HOT stuff would have been much easier if we had the mounts first. It will be interesting to see what they do in the next expansions not to totally eliminate what gains we got in prior expansions without having to introduce artificial limitations.

> @"Umut.5471" said:

> Please don't nerf Griffon, it's the real reason why I bought PoF. Imo you guys should even give it a straight flight mechanic without hassle.(going up and down constantly)

> It made the game enjoyable for me once more.

It's already been nerfed. Now instead of being about 2 houses high to wingflap dive it's like 5 or 6 houses high. Pretty pointless tbh. Raptors already win all the races and get to events faster than a griffon would. Finding a high place to dive was already a gimmicky move that was pointless other than to look cool because raptors and jackals will be at their events faster.

If anything they should now buff all the other mounts to be more useful. Everyone only uses raptors and jackals. They should all be more competitive in a race and in open world.

The skimmer should be able to dive underwater and keep it's on water speed while swimming underwater. In races it should be able to powerslide like in mariokart for a speed boost.

The springer also needs some kind of speed boost. Maybe like some kind of kangaroo jump akin to the raptor's leap but more horizontal and requires you to stop and hold the button down to charge it or something.

The griffon all you would need is to make it's standard dive a little faster and longer in tier 1 speed or make the action of flapping your wings bring you further forward.

• 1 month later...

While I certainly agree that the WoW "instant flight" mount is below the standards of guild wars, you gave us a "flying" mount that doesn't really fly. Feel like forcing us to learn how to fly in order to use this gliding springer with wings? I don't mind a bit. But those of us who take the time to learn to fly should be rewarded with a FLYING mount. Forcing us to walk up to the Griffon Expert or Master seems obtuse and a waste of my time and gold.

• 2 months later...