9/2/18 Update Notes

ArmageddonAsh.6430

> @"squallaus.8321" said:

> @"Curunen.8729"

>

> think they'll need to give us another way to apply confusion more in pvp/wvw. but atleast in pve its ok for now.

I hope so, although I just want it back on axe.

Previous patch had me ecstatic. This update has me not wanting to log into the game. :/

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"EpicTurtle.8571" said:

> > @"Levetty.1279" said:

> > Fine Anet I get your point, I won't make Nevermore, I'll just buy Sunrise off the TP like everybody else.

>

> *sits in the corner with Bifrost and sobs*

go make astralaria if you haven't yet :P

its the most beautiful thing ever on the mirage with all the animations on both the Mesmer and Mesmer clones.

Well, at least this proves that when they want to do it fast they can. Next target, i mean, next chapter: "Confusing Images and friends..." Perhaps Cry of Frustration will survive as a vestige of antiquity. Who knows. I really hoped that they reconsidered it and kept the confusion but improved enough with all the feedback they have had from all of us. Although Karl already warned of the plans they had for some weapons, so probably this was planned even before the balance patch or Is this really an emergency bandage? Now it's done.

> @"squallaus.8321" said:

> > @"EpicTurtle.8571" said:

> > > @"Levetty.1279" said:

> > > Fine Anet I get your point, I won't make Nevermore, I'll just buy Sunrise off the TP like everybody else.

> >

> > *sits in the corner with Bifrost and sobs*

>

> go make astralaria if you haven't yet :P

> its the most beautiful thing ever on the mirage with all the animations on both the Mesmer and Mesmer clones.

Oh I did, it's a comforting consolation, I'm comboing it with the Stellar Beacon Torch

> @"Jace al Thor.6745" said:

> Yeah let’s promote skillful application of a condition that will either be cleansed immediately or fall off in one second! Seriously they should have either nerfed the duration or removed to passive tick in PvP. One or the other not both.

>

> On a different note... why the nerf to bountiful disillusionment? Not many people used it I’m aware of, but I also don’t keep up with PvE so maybe that’s it. But for the first time I could maintain 25 stacks of might easily and then they nerf it

I think its a preemptive nerf for the ammo system mind wreck, though tbh it is still a lot harder to generate 10+ might with that trait than corona burst.

As for torment application, I'll have to find a time to play and test benchmark to see how it goes but it should temporarily solve condi mirage issues. I'm glad the devs has listen to players advice on how much mirage plummets post confusion nerf but I'm in boat with others in terms of where confusion will go in the future. As it stands now not many classes have accessible confusion and even mesmer will struggle to keep up the stacks for reasonable damage, even if they buff confusion's active damage by 10x in PvE in the future.

I'm glad to (hopefully) have the damage back on axe, but I have to agree with all of the others here. This was an inelegant and unnecessary solution and it's only the beginning of the balancing nightmare you guys are creating for yourselves here. Why couldn't you just split confusion to function as it's supposed to as a control condition in PvP/WvW and function as a more standard DoT in PvE (not because it's what you want, but because it's the only way it's going to work!)?

You realize that with no class heavily reliant on confusion, your changes to this condition are essentially useless? Isn't it time to just throw in the towel on this weak design and go with something smarter?

> @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> I'm glad to (hopefully) have the damage back on axe, but I have to agree with all of the others here. This was an inelegant and unnecessary solution and it's only the beginning of the balancing nightmare you guys are creating for yourselves here. Why couldn't you just split confusion to function as it's supposed to as a control condition in PvP/WvW and function as a more standard DoT in PvE (not because it's what you want, but because it's the only way it's going to work!)?

>

> You realize that with no class heavily reliant on confusion, your changes to this condition are essentially useless? Isn't it time to just throw in the towel on this weak design and go with something smarter?

Logic does not compute.

> @"Pyroatheist.9031" said:

> > @"Takashiro.8701" said:

> > Chronophantasma still not fixed. ;_;

>

> As far as I'm aware, chronophantasma is working fine.

It's interaction with the Ether Signet is bugged.

Phantasm summoned via ether signet will respawn when the 1. phantasm does, basically nulling the 2. phantasms first attack.

Some examples:

> @"Takashiro.8701" said:

> > @"Pyroatheist.9031" said:

> > > @"Takashiro.8701" said:

> > > Chronophantasma still not fixed. ;_;

> >

> > As far as I'm aware, chronophantasma is working fine.

>

> It's interaction with the Ether Signet is bugged.

> Phantasm summoned via ether signet will respawn when the 1. phantasm does, basically nulling the 2. phantasms first attack.

> Some examples:

>

>

Interesting interaction bug.

PvP whine will make a return, just with torment this time around, so they'll end up making split changes all them same lol.

Simple solution: split confusion in PvE, leave PvE confusion alone mechanically.

Anet solution: Ruin confusion in PvE, making a whole new pile of balancing work by having to individually change every confusion skill and trait for the sake of PvE usability.

Fail terribly at it because of course they would only change the axe and none of the traits that apply confusion in the several mesmer lines, or scepter which is beyond worthless now, and especially making the concept of using shatters in PvE as a condi mesmer pointless because the only condi shatter, cry of frustration, applies confusion and confusion is useless in PvE.

Bonus points, leave jaunt, crystal sands, and the new magic bullet weakened by the confusion changes as well.

God forbid the keystone mesmer condition be made useful in PvE because of PvP concerns, only to thematically demolish the class by giving them a condition that was meant to be a necromancer/revenant condition.

> @"Zenith.7301" said:

> PvP whine will make a return, just with torment this time around, so they'll end up making split changes all them same lol.

>

> Simple solution: split confusion in PvE, leave PvE confusion alone mechanically.

>

> Anet solution: Ruin confusion in PvE, making a whole new pile of balancing work by having to individually change every confusion skill and trait for the sake of PvE usability.

>

> Fail terribly at it because of course they would only change the axe and none of the traits that apply confusion in the several mesmer lines, or scepter which is beyond worthless now, and especially making the concept of using shatters in PvE as a condi mesmer pointless because the only condi shatter, cry of frustration, applies confusion and confusion is useless in PvE.

>

> Bonus points, leave jaunt, crystal sands, and the new magic bullet weakened by the confusion changes as well.

>

> God forbid the keystone mesmer condition be made useful in PvE because of PvP concerns, only to thematically demolish the class by giving them a condition that was meant to be a necromancer/revenant condition.

Not too sure why anet wouldn't do a split for confusion between PvE and PvP either. My only guess is they can't do it easily.

With the current change axe dps is ok in PvE again but pvpers will lose out on the confusion application. If anet want to they can put confusion on lingering thought and axes of symmetry but leave the torment on the axe ambush skill. This way pve dps is not impacted much but still allow pvpers to apply confusion readily. This is the best compromise that i can think of with the current setup. The other solution would be do pve-pvp split on how confusion it self functions as suggested by other players.

> @"Xstein.2187" said:

> I'm rather confused. Are they going to replace the confusion in scepter with more torment now as well? What about cry of frustration? Is this really the best permanent solution they could come up with? How long does it take for a band aid to fall off?

Yeah... confusion is on so many of our skills because, you know, it's a mesmer condition. Are all these skills and traits just now supposed to be purely for PvP?

Replacing confusion with torment on axe not only feels lazy, but it's not really fitting thematically. The fact that it even needs to be done shows how detrimental this change has been to confusion in PvE. I just don't understand why we can't have confusion in PvE more focused on DoT and more focused on skill usage in PvP. Why have a condition that's now so weak in PvE it had to be replaced on a weapon just so that weapon could continue to be useful?

> @"Curunen.8729" said:

> PLEASE can we have skill splits and return confusion on axe - so no DoT component in pvp/wvw and previous DoT in pve. I don't understand why that can't be done. Why the refusal to do this split balancing for confusion?

Because that makes for boring PvE. Better to go the other way and split confusion by making the spike damage actually effective in PvE.

> @"atlashugged.7642" said:

> > @"Curunen.8729" said:

> > PLEASE can we have skill splits and return confusion on axe - so no DoT component in pvp/wvw and previous DoT in pve. I don't understand why that can't be done. Why the refusal to do this split balancing for confusion?

>

> Because that makes for boring PvE. Better to go the other way and split confusion by making the spike damage actually effective in PvE.

Yeah...that's not gonna happen. Since when has spike damage ever been effective in PvE? Oh that's right, never.

I'm confused, no joke . I'll ask the rhetorical question, but is Anet playing the same game we are? As end users of their product, I'm not sure we're seeing the logic in all this. And whatever logic there is, it is being communicated very poorly. Perhaps Anet feels that it doesn't have to answer to us as players, and that's their right. But to that I'll say exactly the same thing to the salespeople that show up in my office every other month trying to sell me software: I don't care if you think it's great, I'm the one who has to think it's great if I'm going to invest in it....and so far, I'm not convinced.