Worst class in the game right now?

Nimon.7840

> @"InsaneQR.7412" said:

> Its not engi per se, or exceed skills. Its the dmg of the holomode. If you wanna survive you need to kite the holomode out. The dmg is high. But they should keep the dmg and tweak the heat generation in PvP. So you cant stomp all day long with holomode.

> Thiefs arent the weakest class either IMO. A lot of evades, stealth and shadowssteps. They have problems with face to face though and are pressed into a skirmishing niche. Thief has high skill cap, but after you reach really the near perma stealth you can kite all day long. Its just difgicult to achieve and not the norm.

I agree with everything you said here. So I apologize if i seemed, initially, overly-aggressive. You clearly know what you're talking about and you are not biased towards your profession. That is... refreshing to see. Take care and good luck in your endeavors.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i myself voted necro. It has only one viable build for pve groupplay, and there are way better classes you want to get instead.

For wvw its the same. The only viable build is dmg.

Soloroaming doenst work for scourge, cause its the worst 1v1 class you can play.

So intention of being a condisupport of the espec missed.

And for spvp. Well its a crappy gamemode.

Rev has at least 2 builds for pve, and 2 for wvw.

And as a solo power roamer its pretty strong.

And warrior... well what exactly do you want? It does a lot of dmg, for being that tanky.

Mesmer, ele, and guardian being the most desired classes in the game

> @"emblack.3754" said:

> > @"InsaneQR.7412" said:

> > Its not engi per se, or exceed skills. Its the dmg of the holomode. If you wanna survive you need to kite the holomode out. The dmg is high. But they should keep the dmg and tweak the heat generation in PvP. So you cant stomp all day long with holomode.

> > Thiefs arent the weakest class either IMO. A lot of evades, stealth and shadowssteps. They have problems with face to face though and are pressed into a skirmishing niche. Thief has high skill cap, but after you reach really the near perma stealth you can kite all day long. Its just difgicult to achieve and not the norm.

>

> I agree with everything you said here. So I apologize if i seemed, initially, overly-aggressive. You clearly know what you're talking about and you are not biased towards your profession. That is... refreshing to see. Take care and good luck in your endeavors.

>

In the end you have to see the whole picture. If you only focus on one weight you never achieve a balance. I try to look at as many perspectives as possible. Sometimes we need to understand the problems of others to understand the own strengthes and vice versa.

Thats why i dont speak about dmg on this tgreat but rather the gameplay. It touches balance but on a whole other level because it changes playstyle and not numbers.

> @"Forsakens.9726" said:

> the problem about this game if all the class was balanced people would obviously go for the easier class to play.

>

Balance in numbers and balance in mechanics are different aspect and not all classes have the same capabbilities. Some have better escaping mechanisms others better facetanking skills. In the end you play that you like gameplay wise. Some mechanics though are really outdated, passive and or restrictive. Thats what needs improvement.

Revenant. Glint if the only good thing about the entire class and it's not even that good anymore

- they cant recover from condi bursts at all unless you go malyx but only briefly - their new elite spec can't even be used in pvp efficiently. Core rev is unplayable and useless in pvp, pve and raids. Glint is the only viable elite spec for them /glint/shiro. and that's been nerfed and they are high risk low reward class, in that if you miss a step in your rotation you have very little leeway to comeback from it. Anet does not know what to do with rev..

I think revenant looked cooler on paper but when they implemented it, they said oh shit - buffing this class would make people cry. let's pretty much ignore it while buffing other classes and nerfing some leaving rev forgotten. I know they buffed their SB but it's still not enough to bring it back from near death. The only thing theyre good for is WvW and raids. I feel like they should be good in all aspects of the game.

> @"Axl.8924" said:

> > @"Flauvious.6195" said:

> > > @"Axl.8924" said:

> > > I voted necro cause necro always gets shafted and no updates after its nerfs, leaving it in a perpetual state of ruin and mess.

> > >

> >

> > How quickly we forget the months since pof where scourge facerolled everything in PvP by just smashing the keyboard with your face

>

> Actually it was around 1 month or less and condi got nerfed and its not our fault, its anets fault.Also:your forgetting how many times reaper got nerfed and shafted.We got a constant stream of nerfs to the tune of whiners and crybabies in pvp and WVW, including epidemic.

>

> reaper was nerfed as well and so were our abilities.I don't want revenant to suffer but have some empathy for the situation necro is facing.Necros don't like being put in a position where they are too overpowered to buff because of how they are designed.They want to be viable in pve and have some decent meta builds at the same time.remember what was it, last year when revenants were crying? i didn't hear a lot of negative things being said about revenants, in fact a lot of people were sympathetic.

>

> Besides:Your class only came out in heart of thorns and i learned that this was going on before heart of thorns.I wasn't around for a time before heart of thorns but in the year i've been around i've witnessed a lot of nerfs and changes happen, and thats a lot of changes for a year.Actually:I have been playing more than a year because i got heart of thorns in december of 2016 and started playing , but i was playing months before i got it like 2 months, and its feburary so almost a year and 4 months.

Ok first things first, condi wasn’t properly brought in line. If it was, you’d see way more diversity and power builds in PvE and PvP.

Revs were strong but not OP like scourge. People had time to react with the heavily telegraphed skills. Since it was new, most people didn’t want to learn and adapt. So Anet in their great wisdom nerfed sword skills 2 and especially 3 in both PvE and PvP. Because some dudes wanted to keep zerging instead of looking at what’s going on in the screen. Nothing crazy tbh. Rev had a lot of tweaks (mostly unecessary nerfs) around 6 months after HoT release, because it was a new class and honestly was and still is unfinished. Every single balance patch since then, Revs were either nerfed again or they removed something. That’s why the class right now is knee-deep in the mud. Have a walk in PvE fractals, raids and even pvp. Most of the time you’re the only revenant around. People are not playing this class for a reason.

And know this : there was no faceroll with Rev unlike Scourge. There are litteraly posts of necro players saying they don’t even read the tooltip but it does crazy condi damage. If that ain’t lame and proves how the spec requires no brain matter, I have no idea what will.

At least with Rev skills you need to think and act at the right moment. Sword 2 and 3 are shit if there are multiple targets. Sword 2 needs you to be properly placed. Otherwise you’ll lose 2/3 of your damage with bolts still hitting rats and invisible ghosts to this day. Sword 3 making you go through walls and stuck there forever. And there are a lot of things like that.

Necro is not in a good place I agree, but Scourge and Mirage are the most disgusting proof Anet doesn’t know how to balance properly and can let their game in a sad state for more than 6 months and even years. Just have a walk in Lion’s Arch Aero-thing : you only see the same few classes. Do you believe it’s normal ? Been like that since forever and Anet has not what it takes to make the right moves. Instead we get baby steps patches, except again for mesmer because it’s a favorite and most of the work was focused on them.

> @"Axl.8924" said:

> Actually it was around 1 month or less and condi got nerfed and its not our fault, its anets fault.Also:your forgetting how many times reaper got nerfed and shafted.We got a constant stream of nerfs to the tune of whiners and crybabies in pvp and WVW, including epidemic.

LOL, talk about irony, the whole reason condi has been a problem since HoT is because they changed how it was designed (note this game was designed around PvP) because crybabies in PvE, the mode where balance matters the least, kept whining about PvE being zerker or nothing.

> @"Scar.1793" said:

> > @"Axl.8924" said:

> > > @"Flauvious.6195" said:

> > > > @"Axl.8924" said:

> > > > I voted necro cause necro always gets shafted and no updates after its nerfs, leaving it in a perpetual state of ruin and mess.

> > > >

> > >

> > > How quickly we forget the months since pof where scourge facerolled everything in PvP by just smashing the keyboard with your face

> >

> > Actually it was around 1 month or less and condi got nerfed and its not our fault, its anets fault.Also:your forgetting how many times reaper got nerfed and shafted.We got a constant stream of nerfs to the tune of whiners and crybabies in pvp and WVW, including epidemic.

> >

> > reaper was nerfed as well and so were our abilities.I don't want revenant to suffer but have some empathy for the situation necro is facing.Necros don't like being put in a position where they are too overpowered to buff because of how they are designed.They want to be viable in pve and have some decent meta builds at the same time.remember what was it, last year when revenants were crying? i didn't hear a lot of negative things being said about revenants, in fact a lot of people were sympathetic.

> >

> > Besides:Your class only came out in heart of thorns and i learned that this was going on before heart of thorns.I wasn't around for a time before heart of thorns but in the year i've been around i've witnessed a lot of nerfs and changes happen, and thats a lot of changes for a year.Actually:I have been playing more than a year because i got heart of thorns in december of 2016 and started playing , but i was playing months before i got it like 2 months, and its feburary so almost a year and 4 months.

>

> Ok first things first, condi wasn’t properly brought in line. If it was, you’d see way more diversity and power builds in PvE and PvP.

>

> Revs were strong but not OP like scourge. People had time to react with the heavily telegraphed skills. Since it was new, most people didn’t want to learn and adapt. So Anet in their great wisdom nerfed sword skills 2 and especially 3 in both PvE and PvP. Because some dudes wanted to keep zerging instead of looking at what’s going on in the screen. Nothing crazy tbh. Rev had a lot of tweaks (mostly unecessary nerfs) around 6 months after HoT release, because it was a new class and honestly was and still is unfinished. Every single balance patch since then, Revs were either nerfed again or they removed something. That’s why the class right now is knee-deep in the mud. Have a walk in PvE fractals, raids and even pvp. Most of the time you’re the only revenant around. People are not playing this class for a reason.

>

> And know this : there was no faceroll with Rev unlike Scourge. There are litteraly posts of necro players saying they don’t even read the tooltip but it does crazy condi damage. If that ain’t lame and proves how the spec requires no brain matter, I have no idea what will.

>

> At least with Rev skills you need to think and act at the right moment. Sword 2 and 3 are kitten if there are multiple targets. Sword 2 needs you to be properly placed. Otherwise you’ll lose 2/3 of your damage with bolts still hitting rats and invisible ghosts to this day. Sword 3 making you go through walls and stuck there forever. And there are a lot of things like that.

>

> Necro is not in a good place I agree, but Scourge and Mirage are the most disgusting proof Anet doesn’t know how to balance properly and can let their game in a sad state for more than 6 months and even years. Just have a walk in Lion’s Arch Aero-thing : you only see the same few classes. Do you believe it’s normal ? Been like that since forever and Anet has not what it takes to make the right moves. Instead we get baby steps patches, except again for mesmer because it’s a favorite and most of the work was focused on them.

I don't know anything about rev, i never played one, but i can tell you what i know about reaper and scourge, because i actually played on beta scourge and in regular pvp and ranked reaper necro, and its frustrating.Being unable to survive when being babysat is the most frustrating thing ever.Being unable to kill someone with conditions when "necro" are supposed to be condi because condis don't burst enough to kill anything before they instantly burst you down, is not fun.If i had more tools to survive, it wouldn't matter and it would be very balanced, because I don't want my condis to instatnly burst someone down, as that isn't fun, BUT:It isn't fun where you don't stand a chance against thieves warriors guardians and rangers and mesmers, because they got like 75-85% chance to win due to having better tools for surviving.You complain about revenant, i don't know, but i do know these things, that is why i do WVW.WVW since its group play and i don't have to worry about solo queue and can join a group, its more fun because i actually stand a chance.

Its funny because this exact thing happened before pof with the annoying how reaper cannot catch up to enemies, and outside reaper form i'm dead meat.

> @"Axl.8924" said:

>

> I don't know anything about rev, i never played one, but i can tell you what i know about reaper and scourge, because i actually played on beta scourge and in regular pvp and ranked reaper necro, and its frustrating.Being unable to survive when being babysat is the most frustrating thing ever.Being unable to kill someone with conditions when "necro" are supposed to be condi because condis don't burst enough to kill anything before they instantly burst you down, is not fun.If i had more tools to survive, it wouldn't matter and it would be very balanced, because I don't want my condis to instatnly burst someone down, as that isn't fun, BUT:It isn't fun where you don't stand a chance against thieves warriors guardians and rangers and mesmers, because they got like 75-85% chance to win due to having better tools for surviving.You complain about revenant, i don't know, but i do know these things, that is why i do WVW.WVW since its group play and i don't have to worry about solo queue and can join a group, its more fun because i actually stand a chance.

>

> Its funny because this exact thing happened before pof with the annoying how reaper cannot catch up to enemies, and outside reaper form i'm dead meat.

I totally understand what you mean and we go back to the source of the problem of these classes : heavily bad balance between classes, pigeonholed specs and very long delays between patches.

Just to give you a comparison, I backed a group of devs in Kickstarter for Mordhau. Which is a 1st person melee combat game with a lot of mechanics. It’s hard to play but extremely fun. Their dev team is way smaller yet they manage to not only add content to the game, but have a real vision of balance : every single weapon and item has a purpose and you can do fine with them. It’s still in alpha so it’s not perfect and they are completely aware of that and actually test and PLAY their game.

Meanwhile Anet added a Phase Traversal distance check saying it was a “bug” ( present since day 1) but don’t “fix” similar skills from other classes. Then they say oh well, we’ll revert it. How can you take that seriously if they don’t even look back at what they do and don’t even take a tiny bit of time to reread their balance patch notes ? Personally I can’t. They even use websites like metabattle ( which isn’t even properly updated) as a reference to balance the game.

Playing and discussing of balance with devs, no way you’ll see that with Anet. Of course the forums here are a bit toxic so I can understand why they don’t but they barely show any will to take the right steps so we can get the hell out of the condimeta and state of a few classes and specs viable in Endgame PvE/PvP. Besides a few messages here and there, there is no communication nor any idea of what their real vision is. You can tell the difference simply by looking at the forums.

It’s very sad cause I’ve played GW1 since betas and always enjoyed Anet’s work. But GW2’s balance is so awful that it kills my will to play. Why would I force myself to play a class/spec I don’t enjoy while other games let you play as you want without making you feel useless.

This stance is going to bite them in the bottoms someday.

> @"SnowHawk.3615" said:

> Revenant. Glint if the only good thing about the entire class and it's not even that good anymore

> - they cant recover from condi bursts at all unless you go malyx but only briefly - their new elite spec can't even be used in pvp efficiently. Core rev is unplayable and useless in pvp, pve and raids. Glint is the only viable elite spec for them /glint/shiro. and that's been nerfed and they are high risk low reward class, in that if you miss a step in your rotation you have very little leeway to comeback from it. Anet does not know what to do with rev..

> I think revenant looked cooler on paper but when they implemented it, they said oh kitten - buffing this class would make people cry. let's pretty much ignore it while buffing other classes and nerfing some leaving rev forgotten. I know they buffed their SB but it's still not enough to bring it back from near death. The only thing theyre good for is WvW and raids. I feel like they should be good in all aspects of the game.

Thats exactly the same with necro

THE ONLY THING

on rev sucks is condicleanse

if you are halfbrained you can do great with rev but the most good ppl who playing rev are gone so still the rest crap and some veterans left

if you continueing watching forum and believe all bullllllschit ppl saying about rev you deserve to sck with this class

maybe try out things for yourself but dont expect to be good after 1 or 2 years, you have to know all other classes as well to outplay them

I voted Necro because in PvE it is a complete joke of a class and has never had a spot in the game ever. I thought about voting for Rev, but Rev isn't even an actually class in my mind. It is a pilfering thief that stole an extra mist based elite spec from multiple different classes. The time that was used to make Rev would have been better making another Elite Spec for each class in the game where you got it by visiting the mists during the story.

> @"Arkantos.7460" said:

>

> THE ONLY THING

>

> on rev sucks is condicleanse

> if you are halfbrained you can do great with rev but the most good ppl who playing rev are gone so still the rest crap and some veterans left

> if you continueing watching forum and believe all bullllllschit ppl saying about rev you deserve to sck with this class

> maybe try out things for yourself but dont expect to be good after 1 or 2 years, you have to know all other classes as well to outplay them

I mean no offense but you clearly have no idea about the situation of other classes, you even vote for Elementalists ?? Dafuq vote Necro or Engi then lol. Elems not only have huge variety of viable builds, they were never seen in the low-tier, during the whole time GW2 went live. It was and always is on top. You talk about condi-cleanse I guess you are focused only in sPvP or WvW.

Don’t you find it funny that not only Revs have extremely poor skill choices but the new legend that came with PoF is useless both in PvP and PvE? Meanwhile Elementalists get tons of new skills and very good power and condi damage.

Besides being pigeonholed in condi-mace, Power Rev doesn’t even break 30k dps. We’re sitting at 27k, same as before the “buffs”. There’s a reason why you barely see any Rev these days. The class is just trash compared to the others.

I’d have to say it is a three-way tie between Engineer, Necro and Revenant at this point.

Engineer has a poor core kit and Scrapper sucks but Holosmith came in like a wrecking ball and literally saved the class like Jebus.

Necromancer has a stronger core kit than Engineer and Scourge is very potent - as evident by the fact that it gets nerf every patch. The question is, do you dare invest time and effort in a character that keeps getting nerfed like that? Also RIP Reaper.

Revenant is just... ugh. Mediocre specializations, zero customization as all your skills are set in stone and combined with that Bronze Age energy system it just feels like a class that came from another game. One that came out years before GW2 in how primitive it feels. But if you can stand all that, it isn’t terrible. Just... clunky and unfun to play.

> @"Eramonster.2718" said:

> Ever tried longbow ranger/soulbeast? Lack or almost no boon generation, rapid fire does high numbers after 2.5sec? Divide it per sec and you get an equivalent close to an normal attack. Don't get me wrong soulbeast is a different class all together as condi. But longbow is just bad for ranger as whole.

Thats why i said consider all builds. Ever played staff on necro. Its a pretty much useless weapon and only good for lifeforce generation if traited.

Same goes for mh dagger and oh focus on necro. And i could show even more useless weapons on other classes.

I guess mesmer and guard and warrior are the best classes to play right now. Then its ele, ranger, revenant, engi and thief. And last place is for necro. Cause there is zero build diversity

I think scourge is still preferred or viable. Reaper is ok, not the best in dmg but still fun and good for certain situation and gameplays. If its core class profession, its hard to find ranger and necros. But it is possible to find necros in PvE contents once in a while, but never a ranger based on my exp. You will find druids and maybe some soulbeast, just like scourge and reaper.

Altho I'm not sure why engi is not used in less challenging content, it is versatile and very much viable.

> @"ProverbsofHell.2307" said:

> Thing is... Revs and Necros are good classes that are desired in WvW. Just like Thief/Engi/Ranger are not desirable for WvW group play. So even though in PvE as a Necro or Rev you might feel weak, there are still other modes of play where those classes often get called OP.

I think that's the problem. Because there aren't NEARLY enough PvE/PvP/WvW splits with abilities and damage, it's hard to balance profs across all game modes. So things that could otherwise be strong or good in, say, sPvP, will get over-nerfed because they might be too good in WvW. It's a flawed design philosophy, but not a surprising one. Anet is good at a lot of things, but sound design philosophy is not one of them.

> @"emblack.3754" said:

> > @"nortask.8351" said:

> > Any good sd thief can 1v1 or +1 an engi all day.

>

> Clearly we are playing different games....

>

> Everybody praises the "almighty" S/D thieves even though by my experience they're either horrible or really difficult to master. I've fell may fair share of S/D thieves and I'm a D/D condi thief. Do you know how long it takes for an opponent to die due to bleeds? A S/D thief, even the worst of them all, should have the upper hand except he doesn't.

>

> Now factor in how grossly overpowered the hollosmith is - yes I've said it, your class is more than fine so learn it - any engi can directly counter any thief, S/D or otherwise...

>

> TL;Dr: My conclusion is that you are clearly fishing for class buffs even though atm your profession is in the top 3.

>

>

>

the second you said you are playing D/D condi I knew we definitely are playing different games. I play at a high level, with good players, and yes, SD core thief easily counters holo. Watch sind vs zan. Or just watch some plat players play, you will see it everywhere.

*edit - I main core SD thief and spell breaker, and I play a decent bit of firebrand. Haven't really played engi since cele core days back in 2013, I tried a core rifle build last month after a buff but it wasn't good enough (or probably I wasn't good enough) to be viable