Current Most 'OP' class that needs balancing?

EremiteAngel.9765

This is my list of most powerful classes right now:

1.- Mirrage

2.- Scourge

3.- Perma evade condi thief

4.- Holosmith

5.- Ranger (druid)

6.- Weaver (immortal if play correctly with perma protection and regeneration, but very difficult to master this class so that is why i rank it 6)

7.- Spell Breaker

8.- Revenant

9.- Firebrand

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

> @"hurrado.2346" said:

> Seems to be more of a "what class can we bandwagon to demand nerfs for now?" Everyone will hop on and vote for that class they don't play that kills them or the class they can't kill, or necro until it gets the reaper treatment and becomes utterly useless again.

Druid's only response to always being the target.. for a good reason. Anyone who comes across a Ranger in WVW is downed before they can reach em.. pretty horrible.

• 1 month later...

I was researching something to confirm my belief and i found this thread that although conflicting in votes, verifies what i believe. Which is, Anet has made most of the new classes op. If you look, everyone debates wether mesmer, scourge, spellbreaker and/or druid are most op...and although no definitive "winner" for most OP is found, you can't help notice how only the new classes fight for the title.

This brings me to my point which is that all the new classes are pretty much visibly stronger than the old. Which bothers me greatly because its a cheap strategy to force someone into buying an expansion. I don't have path of fire, and although 20£ i could afford to pay any day to aquire it, i hate when companies do that. Some people are not into the new classes, maybe you like your current one, why should they force you into an expansion if you want to stay remotely relevant in pvp? Its a poor business practice and it makes me hate the game. And this is coming from a veteran player and someone whos generally a fan of the franchise.

> @"Vendetta.5026" said:

> I was researching something to confirm my belief and i found this thread that although conflicting in votes, verifies what i believe. Which is, Anet has made most of the new classes op. If you look, everyone debates wether mesmer, scourge, spellbreaker and/or druid are most op...and although no definitive "winner" for most OP is found, you can't help notice how only the new classes fight for the title.

> This brings me to my point which is that all the new classes are pretty much visibly stronger than the old. Which bothers me greatly because its a cheap strategy to force someone into buying an expansion. I don't have path of fire, and although 20£ i could afford to pay any day to aquire it, i hate when companies do that. Some people are not into the new classes, maybe you like your current one, why should they force you into an expansion if you want to stay remotely relevant in pvp? Its a poor business practice and it makes me hate the game. And this is coming from a veteran player and someone whos generally a fan of the franchise.

Hmm I do just fine with core guardian vs path of fire and HoT classes. I know for a fact core guardians, thiefs, and rangers are strong in the current meta. I totally disagree with your Warrior vote also. ANET completly destroyed the Warrior/ Spellbreaker with yesterdays patch. My main was a Spellbreaker but after yesterday it forced me to reroll to core guardian. Most abilities got a nerf with SB and its not worth playin anymore. They will be easier to take down now.

> @"Loboling.5293" said:

> I think warrior (spellbreaker) is close to mirage.

Did you read the patch notes? Literally every ability that was used by SB was nerfed. Dagger 1-3 and F1, and BE were nerfed pretty heavily. On a weapon that already didn't do a ton of damage.

Also, warrior sustain was gutted pretty heavily. You already couldn't efficiently team fight on a warrior because of how susceptible you are to burst damage, and now your defenses against burst damage is severely reduced.

Do you want to know the secret to beating a warrior? Bait his cooldowns and burst. Stop trying to out sustain him or out finesse him. The class is designed to be durable in 1v1 fights. Good warriors stay out of teamfights because they have no stability and if a necro corrupts their resistance, they die, period.

If all you do is play into a classes strengths over and over, of course they're gonna seem OP. Even revenant is OP if all you do is let them dictate the engagement on their terms.

> @"BMW.2951" said:

> > @"Vendetta.5026" said:

> > I was researching something to confirm my belief and i found this thread that although conflicting in votes, verifies what i believe. Which is, Anet has made most of the new classes op. If you look, everyone debates wether mesmer, scourge, spellbreaker and/or druid are most op...and although no definitive "winner" for most OP is found, you can't help notice how only the new classes fight for the title.

> > This brings me to my point which is that all the new classes are pretty much visibly stronger than the old. Which bothers me greatly because its a cheap strategy to force someone into buying an expansion. I don't have path of fire, and although 20£ i could afford to pay any day to aquire it, i hate when companies do that. Some people are not into the new classes, maybe you like your current one, why should they force you into an expansion if you want to stay remotely relevant in pvp? Its a poor business practice and it makes me hate the game. And this is coming from a veteran player and someone whos generally a fan of the franchise.

>

> Hmm I do just fine with core guardian vs path of fire and HoT classes. I know for a fact core guardians, thiefs, and rangers are strong in the current meta. I totally disagree with your Warrior vote also. ANET completly destroyed the Warrior/ Spellbreaker with yesterdays patch. My main was a Spellbreaker but after yesterday it forced me to reroll to core guardian. Most abilities got a nerf with SB and its not worth playin anymore. They will be easier to take down now.

you just posted to disagree mate. Take a sit

> @"SuperduperMLGbsns.9345" said:

> > @"Yannir.4132" said:

> > > @"SuperduperMLGbsns.9345" said:

> > > Warrior. Most things at this class are okay but the duration of resistance combined with blocks is absurd. If you have to wait over 20 secs just to start some dmg then there is something wrong.

> >

> > What patch are you living in? After the Berserker Stance nerf warriors can't hold even 10 seconds of Resistance anymore.

> >

> > My vote was a coin toss between mesmer and druid. Mesmer won, their current burst is borderline ridiculous.

>

> I live in a place where wars precast their signet to proc 6s resistance alone without considering any extension in boon duration. Thats usally used at silver league and higher.

Try corrupting their resist. Or just wait six seconds. Nothing says you have to drop your entire burst at the very beginning of a fight and then sit on your hands after.

Or are you the type of person who attacks into Full Counter, too?

> @"bLind.6278" said:

> > @"SuperduperMLGbsns.9345" said:

> > > @"Yannir.4132" said:

> > > > @"SuperduperMLGbsns.9345" said:

> > > > Warrior. Most things at this class are okay but the duration of resistance combined with blocks is absurd. If you have to wait over 20 secs just to start some dmg then there is something wrong.

> > >

> > > What patch are you living in? After the Berserker Stance nerf warriors can't hold even 10 seconds of Resistance anymore.

> > >

> > > My vote was a coin toss between mesmer and druid. Mesmer won, their current burst is borderline ridiculous.

> >

> > I live in a place where wars precast their signet to proc 6s resistance alone without considering any extension in boon duration. Thats usally used at silver league and higher.

>

> Try corrupting their resist. Or just wait six seconds. Nothing says you have to drop your entire burst at the very beginning of a fight and then sit on your hands after.

>

> Or are you the type of person who attacks into Full Counter, too?

Not that easy since amount of boons being corrupted have been limited. Its often a matter of rng imo

> @"Vagrant.7206" said:

> > @"Crinn.7864" said:

> > Thief the eternally meta class, the only class in the game that cannot be killed except by itself.

>

> Engineers tend to hold up quite well against thieves, thank you.

doesn't matter tho...thief still the eternal meta class..solely because of the mobility, stealth, easy shut down, snowball capability

Mesmer > scourge >>>> the pack > rev > ele.

Lol @ mesmer owning half the poll. I don't think they're _that_ far ahead of scourge. But those two are certainly well ahead of the pack. In four matches I haven't fought any druids post patch (only one soulbeast) but they did take some hits. At best, they're third after Mesmer and scourge.

~ Kovu

> @"Loboling.5293" said:

> > @"bLind.6278" said:

> > > @"Loboling.5293" said:

> > > I think warrior (spellbreaker) is close to mirage.

> >

> > Did you read the patch notes?

>

> Did you read when I posted this? lol

>

>

My bad. Didn't realize the thread was necrod.

My bet what will be the most annoying thing in next season. Ofc phantasm mesmer still has broken builds, also don't think condi mirage is that weak but a bad mesmer is killable, a weaver can facetank a lot in between a lot of dodges, even when the player only dodge random and is bad. Druid 2.0.

> @"Juba.8406" said:

> **This** Class got everything :

> * Mobilty.

> * Stealth.

> * Invulnerability.

> * Shadowsteps.

> * Clones

> * Condtions

> * Instant cast skills.

> * Least Telegraphed skills.

> * Burst Damage.

> * Breaking Target.

> * Dazes.

Alas, I read "This" as "Thief."

I was thinking, "He voted Mesmer, but he labeled it as the Thief... my goodness, he's right! The Mesmer _is_ **THE** Thief now!" :-(

> @"Crinn.7864" said:

> Thief the eternally meta class, the only class in the game that cannot be killed except by itself.

Blasphemy. Any class can avoid death if they build for mobility and defense... then run away and hide from everyone for the whole match :-(

I believe your statement would be more accurate as the following...

"The only class in the game that cannot kill anyone except itself."

The classes that have 5% and lower were voted on by people that play the most overpowered class. Lets argue. Its obvious that mesmers are hella broken in pvp. This is one game where i notice the creators do not care what the consumer thinks. Mesmer has been broken for ages.. they justt keep getting worse.

> @"Ardenwolfe.8590" said:

> There is no balance in an MMO. It's a unicorn. Please quit looking for it. All it does is create an endless cycle of nerfs and very unhappy players.

There is decent balance in most MMOs, gw2 happens to have the worse i've ever seen in a game.

> @"Weerus.3701" said:

> Can I ask why mesmer have such strong lead? Why would it need nerf? Honestly.

You obviously haven't seen mesmers go. Its retarded, i dont understand how anyone can see that and not see the clear abuse of such a class. Its disturbing. Only a druid or Holo would say they dont need to be nerfed.