Birthday Presents and why the same things?

Texas.4861

Because birthdays are per character and each year has it's own unique gifts.

The better gifts will be at the higher years as incentive to keep characters. Keeping characters means players are more likely to need to buy a new character slot to create a new character at some point.

It’s true they could have handled the Jennahs differently, however it should be remembered that back when the first birthdays were set up before launch there were no wardrobes. You could store it a mini in your bank or carry it around but you couldn’t set it in a wardrobe to pull out on a whim, so maybe they had this in mind when they gave each char its own Jennah to show off as being a one year vet. Same reasoning I guess for the blaster. No where to put one for easy access and they probably thought it would be used more than it is.

> @"Daddicus.6128" said:

> My biggest issue is the experience scrolls. It is guaranteed that no account can ever use them all, yet there's nothing else to do with them.

>

> Birthday blasters are soulbound, so they're somewhat OK. But, Jennah's are just absurd. Let us at least use them in the mystic forge or something.

key farm one time each week and your exp scrolls will be gone in afew months. A good day for me is every sunday then I know I have done it right before reset that happens monday.

I love getting the experience scrolls. Sure previously I just ended up storing them, but now I use them on weekly keyruns so its all good.

I'm not super bothered by the first couple of relatively uninteresting birthday gifts. I quite enjoy the more recent ones where you get that exclusive dye set where you can pick which you like/want or just am missing at least.

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> > @"Daddicus.6128" said:

> > My biggest issue is the experience scrolls. It is guaranteed that no account can ever use them all, yet there's nothing else to do with them.

> >

> > Birthday blasters are soulbound, so they're somewhat OK. But, Jennah's are just absurd. Let us at least use them in the mystic forge or something.

>

> key farm one time each week and your exp scrolls will be gone in afew months. A good day for me is every sunday then I know I have done it right before reset that happens monday.

When I create a character, I want to keep him or her. But, I suppose I could consider doing keyfarming with an empty slot.

I suppose this is somewhat a compromise - if minis were random (like in GW1), you get the case of some people being lucky and getting a rare mini and other people not getting them. So everyone basically gets the same thing, which means you end up with more than useful.

They have about 6 months before they have to worry about year 6 gifts. It would be nice if instead of everyone getting the same mini, maybe you get a special claim ticket which can buy one of many different minis (but all of equal value, so someone can't save up 5 tickets to get a special one). In that way, at least your different characters can get different presents, but anyone else can just as easily get that same mini once they get their birthday gift.

I'm in the same case with the experience scrolls. Key farming doesn't interest me, and I'm not going to create 20+ new characters (bunch of level 20s, 30s, etc). I think I might have deleted my lower level ones on the basis I would never use them, which is a good indication that as presents, they are pretty worthless.

> @"Moonlit.6421" said:

> Starting to work on character number 42 soon so I still enjoy the scrolls lol. Wouldn't mind if it was just 20 levels for example instead of just the first 20 levels but I still get use out of them.

41 Queens Jennahs? lol 41 Birthday boosters..

Each toon (character) should get different stuff.. we did in GW1 doesn't have to be something expensive .. just different things. A key would be nice.

> @"CytexSeven.9870" said:

> I don't know about the Jennah's, but I think the scrolls could be fine if they could just be turned into Tomes of Knowledge to be used on other characters. And for those who don't want more characters leveled, you just turn the tomes into Spirit Shards.

>

> Just a thought.

This .... I'd love to get rid of the multiple level 20 boosters, and would rather get tomes. Hell I would even take 10 tomes for the 20 shot booster.

> @"Hexinx.1872" said:

> > @"CytexSeven.9870" said:

> > I don't know about the Jennah's, but I think the scrolls could be fine if they could just be turned into Tomes of Knowledge to be used on other characters. And for those who don't want more characters leveled, you just turn the tomes into Spirit Shards.

> >

> > Just a thought.

>

> This .... I'd love to get rid of the multiple level 20 boosters, and would rather get tomes. Hell I would even take 10 tomes for the 20 shot booster.

Yep

> @"Texas.4861" said:

> > @"Moonlit.6421" said:

> > Starting to work on character number 42 soon so I still enjoy the scrolls lol. Wouldn't mind if it was just 20 levels for example instead of just the first 20 levels but I still get use out of them.

>

> 41 Queens Jennahs? lol 41 Birthday boosters..

> Each toon (character) should get different stuff.. we did in GW1 doesn't have to be something expensive .. just different things. A key would be nice.

I like the scrolls I can use, too. (I have 27 characters I play more-or-less all the time, most of which have used one.)

But, each of those characters can use only one scroll, and each generates several through birthdays.

I'm beginning to like the idea of key-farming with one slot I keep just for that purpose.

> @"Daddicus.6128" said:

> > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > @"Daddicus.6128" said:

> > > My biggest issue is the experience scrolls. It is guaranteed that no account can ever use them all, yet there's nothing else to do with them.

> > >

> > > Birthday blasters are soulbound, so they're somewhat OK. But, Jennah's are just absurd. Let us at least use them in the mystic forge or something.

> >

> > key farm one time each week and your exp scrolls will be gone in afew months. A good day for me is every sunday then I know I have done it right before reset that happens monday.

>

> When I create a character, I want to keep him or her. But, I suppose I could consider doing keyfarming with an empty slot.

I farm about 100 keys a year through scrolls/tomes. Farm 2 keys via lvl 10 and lvl 40 story under 40 minutes once a week. Using 35 tomes of knowledge.

lvl 10 key farm takes about 10 minutes (with experience scrolls or tomes) once you are good / get use to the paths.