Do you think arenet should compensate hot players?

BadSanta.6527

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > @"BadSanta.6527" said:

> > > So hot xpac is live for 2 years and yet non full of legendary set is out . Do you think arenet should compensate those who buy hot or at least the pre order ones who show their trust at arenet ?

> >

> > I can't follow this logic at all. You want compensation because legendary armor isn't released yet? That makes no sense. Anet didn't even set the expectation they were releasing legendary armor when HoT first came out. What's the connection here? Why would anyone compensate a customer for something they never paid for that they didn't get?????

>

> We already got light medium and heavy armor legendaries the full sett is out *what rock have you been hiding under?*

>

> What the OP is talking about is obviously the 16 gen 2 legendary weapons of what we havent got all yet still they never said when they all would be finished anyhow.

In that case, Anet never gave a set schedule for the legnedary weapons ... and they are releasing them slowly. O

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"ImTasty.2163" said:

> > @"Vavume.8065" said:

> > > @"BadSanta.6527" said:

> > > So hot xpac is live for 2 years and yet non full of legendary set is out . Do you think arenet should compensate those who buy hot or at least the pre order ones who show their trust at arenet ?

> >

> > It's to late, no amount of compensation can repair Anets reputation now, they are a company that has broken their promises and I will never trust again, they could compensate me with a legendary and I would still see them in that light.

>

> Their reputation is fine. Also, if Anet is this terrible company that you make them out to be why are you here posting on Anet's forums?

Vavume never said he (or she) will quit because of that. Where do you read that? Just mentioned there were promises and they have been broken (not even mentioned in which matter, maybe some old disappointment because of other things, like dungeons?) and (s)he won't trust anymore, which is very legit.

Just because (s)he is not following the general mood of this threat, (s)he is supossed to leave the boards? Really?

Back to topic:

No compensation is required at all, I mean, for what? The requirements for these are still to own HoT, so nothing is wrong yet.

We _could_ think about that matter in retrospect in a few years, but right now, there is no valid reason behind that claim.

Excelsior.

> @"Dreamy Lu.3865" said:

> No for me too.

> I may be wrong, but I cannot recall a firm statement from Anet that it would come as part of HoT content. So for me, no promise has been broken.

Gen 2 legendaries were advertised as a primary feature of the expac. They failed to deliver on said feature because they implemented a ridiculous and unsustainable production model that some Team Lead should have vetoed from the get-go. They did break a promise. They're fixing it, but I consider it very broken.

That said, no compensation is necessary. That's just silly entitlement mentality.

> @"Tentonhammr.7849" said:

> > @"Dreamy Lu.3865" said:

> > No for me too.

> > I may be wrong, but I cannot recall a firm statement from Anet that it would come as part of HoT content. So for me, no promise has been broken.

>

> Gen 2 legendaries were advertised as a primary feature of the expac. They failed to deliver on said feature because they implemented a ridiculous and unsustainable production model that some Team Lead should have vetoed from the get-go. They did break a promise. They're fixing it, but I consider it very broken.

>

> That said, no compensation is necessary. That's just silly entitlement mentality.

Primary?

The way I remember it, they said the new legendaries would come _with_ HoT.

I might be wrong, but I would hardly call a bundle of overtly expensive skins the _primary content_

While I don't think players should be compensated, I do believe that Anet has taken too long to create these weapons. Two years is unacceptable. They sold HoT with the claim that 16 weapons would be coming. It's been over two years and they are still not here. It's not how you should treat your customers. It's wrong and Anet needs to make this a higher priority because they did promise 16 new weapons. With a wait this long, it's a promise that was broken.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/hot-new-legendary-weapons/

"...we will be releasing new legendary weapons in small groups at regular intervals until the full set of sixteen has been added to the game. "

No time limit mentioned. In my opinion, it's been too long. You shouldn't have to wait over two years for something you've already paid for.

_Hi all,

In the upcoming Spring 2016 Quarterly Update, we’ll launch the new legendary short bow, Chuka and Champawat. The team outdid themselves on this one. This new precursor journey takes you through a memorable experience inspired by a real-world story, and the bow you craft at the end is the perfect commemoration of that journey. I hope you all check it out.

Last year we talked about plans to gradually build out a second set of legendary weapons through live content updates. That’s a big responsibility. We have a team of six developers working on that, who could work on it for years to come.

As game director I have to make tough trade-offs. One thing I believe is that we have to focus on the core game first before taking on additional responsibilities. I wrote in the Guild Wars 2 Design Manifesto in 2010 that our vision was to create a living, dynamic world, where there’s always something to do. Let’s ensure we succeed on that front.

So, after shipping Chuka and Champawat, I’ve asked that we indefinitely suspend work on new legendary weapons. This team of developers will instead shift their efforts back to Living World style content, building new journeys and events for everyone to participate in.

I know this will be a controversial decision. I’ll hang out with you here on the forums for a little while today to discuss it. And I’m always available by email.

Mike O’Brien_

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/legendary-weapons/

Why not email him for an update? There's a link in the source.

> @"Vavume.8065" said:

> > @"BadSanta.6527" said:

> > So hot xpac is live for 2 years and yet non full of legendary set is out . Do you think arenet should compensate those who buy hot or at least the pre order ones who show their trust at arenet ?

>

> It's to late, no amount of compensation can repair Anets reputation now, they are a company that has broken their promises and I will never trust again, they could compensate me with a legendary and I would still see them in that light.

What promises have they made you? How have they broken them?

Words are pretty easy just to string together and make accusations. Do you have facts of what was promised that they broke? I am not being sarcastic I really am curious if there is proof of this?

> @"miraude.2107" said:

> _Hi all,

>

> In the upcoming Spring 2016 Quarterly Update, we’ll launch the new legendary short bow, Chuka and Champawat. The team outdid themselves on this one. This new precursor journey takes you through a memorable experience inspired by a real-world story, and the bow you craft at the end is the perfect commemoration of that journey. I hope you all check it out.

>

> Last year we talked about plans to gradually build out a second set of legendary weapons through live content updates. That’s a big responsibility. We have a team of six developers working on that, who could work on it for years to come.

>

> As game director I have to make tough trade-offs. One thing I believe is that we have to focus on the core game first before taking on additional responsibilities. I wrote in the Guild Wars 2 Design Manifesto in 2010 that our vision was to create a living, dynamic world, where there’s always something to do. Let’s ensure we succeed on that front.

>

> So, after shipping Chuka and Champawat, I’ve asked that we indefinitely suspend work on new legendary weapons. This team of developers will instead shift their efforts back to Living World style content, building new journeys and events for everyone to participate in.

>

> I know this will be a controversial decision. I’ll hang out with you here on the forums for a little while today to discuss it. And I’m always available by email.

>

> Mike O’Brien_

>

> https://www.guildwars2.com/en/legendary-weapons/

>

> Why not email him for an update? There's a link in the source.

Old news. Since Chukie and Chump, we've seen (edit) 7 gen 2 Legendary Weapons using a less involved process (from the developer's perspective) to create. This brings the total Gen 2 weapons to 11 (out of the 16 possible as there are no UW weapons in Gen2, iirc).

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_weapon

> @"IndigoSundown.5419" said:

> > @"miraude.2107" said:

> > _Hi all,

> >

> > In the upcoming Spring 2016 Quarterly Update, we’ll launch the new legendary short bow, Chuka and Champawat. The team outdid themselves on this one. This new precursor journey takes you through a memorable experience inspired by a real-world story, and the bow you craft at the end is the perfect commemoration of that journey. I hope you all check it out.

> >

> > Last year we talked about plans to gradually build out a second set of legendary weapons through live content updates. That’s a big responsibility. We have a team of six developers working on that, who could work on it for years to come.

> >

> > As game director I have to make tough trade-offs. One thing I believe is that we have to focus on the core game first before taking on additional responsibilities. I wrote in the Guild Wars 2 Design Manifesto in 2010 that our vision was to create a living, dynamic world, where there’s always something to do. Let’s ensure we succeed on that front.

> >

> > So, after shipping Chuka and Champawat, I’ve asked that we indefinitely suspend work on new legendary weapons. This team of developers will instead shift their efforts back to Living World style content, building new journeys and events for everyone to participate in.

> >

> > I know this will be a controversial decision. I’ll hang out with you here on the forums for a little while today to discuss it. And I’m always available by email.

> >

> > Mike O’Brien_

> >

> > https://www.guildwars2.com/en/legendary-weapons/

> >

> > Why not email him for an update? There's a link in the source.

>

> Old news. Since Chukie and Chump, we've seen 9 gen 2 Legendary Weapons using a less involved process (from the developer's perspective) to create. This brings the total Gen 2 weapons to 11 (out of the 16 possible as there are no UW weapons in Gen2, iirc).

>

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_weapon

I count 7, not 9 gen2 weapons after CnC

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > @"IndigoSundown.5419" said:

> > > @"miraude.2107" said:

> > > _Hi all,

> > >

> > > In the upcoming Spring 2016 Quarterly Update, we’ll launch the new legendary short bow, Chuka and Champawat. The team outdid themselves on this one. This new precursor journey takes you through a memorable experience inspired by a real-world story, and the bow you craft at the end is the perfect commemoration of that journey. I hope you all check it out.

> > >

> > > Last year we talked about plans to gradually build out a second set of legendary weapons through live content updates. That’s a big responsibility. We have a team of six developers working on that, who could work on it for years to come.

> > >

> > > As game director I have to make tough trade-offs. One thing I believe is that we have to focus on the core game first before taking on additional responsibilities. I wrote in the Guild Wars 2 Design Manifesto in 2010 that our vision was to create a living, dynamic world, where there’s always something to do. Let’s ensure we succeed on that front.

> > >

> > > So, after shipping Chuka and Champawat, I’ve asked that we indefinitely suspend work on new legendary weapons. This team of developers will instead shift their efforts back to Living World style content, building new journeys and events for everyone to participate in.

> > >

> > > I know this will be a controversial decision. I’ll hang out with you here on the forums for a little while today to discuss it. And I’m always available by email.

> > >

> > > Mike O’Brien_

> > >

> > > https://www.guildwars2.com/en/legendary-weapons/

> > >

> > > Why not email him for an update? There's a link in the source.

> >

> > Old news. Since Chukie and Chump, we've seen 9 gen 2 Legendary Weapons using a less involved process (from the developer's perspective) to create. This brings the total Gen 2 weapons to 11 (out of the 16 possible as there are no UW weapons in Gen2, iirc).

> >

> > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_weapon

>

> I count 7, not 9 gen2 weapons after CnC

You're right, I'll edit the original post because the point still stands.

And further, they said that they'd be releasing one new legendary weapon with each new LS episode (not counting expansions) until Gen 2 is fully released. So that means 2-3 months or so between each new one. (Which is probably better for many people, because there is less demand for mats required for all legendaries.)

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> And further, they said that they'd be releasing one new legendary weapon with each new LS episode (not counting expansions) until Gen 2 is fully released. So that means 2-3 months or so between each new one. (Which is probably better for many people, because there is less demand for mats required for all legendaries.)

They said that legendaries are bound to LW releases yes, they never promised that every episode will bring guaranteed new legendary weapon (though until now this is a case of course).

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > And further, they said that they'd be releasing one new legendary weapon with each new LS episode (not counting expansions) until Gen 2 is fully released. So that means 2-3 months or so between each new one. (Which is probably better for many people, because there is less demand for mats required for all legendaries.)

>

> They said that legendaries are bound to LW releases yes, they never promised that every episode will bring guaranteed new legendary weapon (though until now this is a case of course).

That's a fairer restatement.

> [Mike O'Brien wrote](

)

> Our plan is to keep releasing legendary weapons alongside episodes, with the weapons not requiring the new expansion.

I admit that the statement allows the possibility that they release legendaries (for example) at LS4.3, 4.5 and other odd-numbered, but none of the even-numbered ones. However, [in the context](

), I think it would have been just as easy for him to have clarified, especially since it's such a hot-button issue still. (Although, in fairness, Mr O'Brien sometimes isn't cautious about his phraseology.)