Fractal Armor

SidewayS.3789

I know this subject has been discussed over, and over again.But i still want to hit the nail about this thing, because since Anet said, that Fractals are their main "child" of "5 man group content" at least they can give us an fractal armor. I know it will take ages (look at legendary armor) but at least give us something to focus on. Yeah you could say "but we have given those fractal sink titles" yeah, but that's not what we ( i hope i can speak in a lot of ppls who are doing fractals) wanted so badly. We already have weps + a legendary backpiece, I hope those guys from Anet, will finally decide to create the fractal armor.

> @"infrequentia.3465" said:

> ascended armor = fractal armor what more do you want

If my goal was to get ascended armor I would've been done ages ago with it. I hunt skins, gliders, mounts, weapons, backpacks, infusions, colors and armors. And when I don't have something specific in mind, I farm and grind to get gold in advance in case a new skin gets available.

And a lot of people play this game with the focus on getting another unique skin they would like to have. So fractal armor could definitely be a huge time sink for many ppl.

> @"infrequentia.3465" said:

> ascended armor = fractal armor what more do you want

Except ascended armor is not exclusive to fractals, and can be acquired through various other means. I think what the OP wants is unique fractal armor with fractal themed aesthetics, and I do agree, I think it would be a nice addition to the game.

> @"SidewayS.3789" said:

> In case some ppls didn't saw the concept made by some players, here there are:

> https://i.redd.it/ggm9nlqfdv5y.jpg

> https://pre00.deviantart.net/cec7/th/pre/i/2016/355/6/b/fractal_armor_concept_by_peterprime-dascpcz.jpg

> https://img00.deviantart.net/2008/i/2016/358/6/f/fractal_armor_concept___light_version_by_peterprime-dasoqjj.jpg

>

> At least, these can be a start point.

>

I think these look very cool. Whenever I imagined fractal armor, I imagined it having an otherworldly appearance. I wouldn't mind if it didn't have too many particle effects hacked on, so the design of the armor itself can be appreciated, but this is a nice idea overall.

ANet seriously needs to have an armor design contest (similar to their weapon design contest) so these kinds of concepts created by players can be seen, voted for and possibly incorporated in some way.

> @"SidewayS.3789" said:

> I know this subject has been discussed over, and over again.But i still want to hit the nail about this thing, because since Anet said, that Fractals are their main "child" of "5 man group content" at least they can give us an fractal armor. I know it will take ages (look at legendary armor) but at least give us something to focus on. Yeah you could say "but we have given those fractal sink titles" yeah, but that's not what we ( i hope i can speak in a lot of ppls who are doing fractals) wanted so badly. We already have weps + a legendary backpiece, I hope those guys from Anet, will finally decide to create the fractal armor.

That would be awesome!

> @"Vinceman.4572" said:

> Just gimme content. I don't need skins and such stuff.

You need objectives to go along with the content.

I’m the only one annoyed by the fact that you have to craft the Ascended armour? Why not just have it be like Raid armour chests? I mean, if I am looking for an alternative source of Ascended gear aside from crafting, I am doing so because I either don’t want, or can’t, craft it...

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> That's interesting idea. I suggest an experiment. Let's remove ALL rewards from fractals and raids and observe participation changes.

I didn't mention the gold and things outside of fracs. I just don't want another carrot for fractals, that's all. Make it accessible for open world and let fractal player have it faster due to whateverest.

> @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> You need objectives to go along with the content.

I just need the gold and my Fractal God.

Anyways, GW2 ded game!

> @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> I’m the only one annoyed by the fact that you have to craft the Ascended armour? Why not just have it be like Raid armour chests? I mean, if I am looking for an alternative source of Ascended gear aside from crafting, I am doing so because I either don’t want, or can’t, craft it...

Funny thing that... They used to have it sold for just currencies on PvP, but people complained it was "too cheap" (which it was, really), and some genius at Arena Net, thought "why not add crafting to something that should be the alternative to crafting?" And you got the current Marks thing, which forces you back to the daily time gate which was also a genius idea, so pretty much no difference between buying and crafting armour.

> @"Vinceman.4572" said:

> > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > You need objectives to go along with the content.

>

> I just need the gold and my Fractal God.

>

> Anyways, GW2 ded game!

Must be nice living in an alternate reality. Dead Game indeed.

That pretty much sums up the credibility of your opinions.

Awww, heck yes! An armor set to go with Ad Infinitum and Fractal Capacitor!

> @"SidewayS.3789" said:

> In case some ppls didn't saw the concept made by some players, here there are:

> https://i.redd.it/ggm9nlqfdv5y.jpg

> https://pre00.deviantart.net/cec7/th/pre/i/2016/355/6/b/fractal_armor_concept_by_peterprime-dascpcz.jpg

> https://img00.deviantart.net/2008/i/2016/358/6/f/fractal_armor_concept___light_version_by_peterprime-dasoqjj.jpg

>

> At least, these can be a start point.

>

These look amazing! I so hope this suggestion would come true with results similar to the fan art! :o

• 2 weeks later...

> @"Tenrai Senshi.2017" said:

> > @"SidewayS.3789" said:

> > In case some ppls didn't saw the concept made by some players, here there are:

> > https://i.redd.it/ggm9nlqfdv5y.jpg

> > https://pre00.deviantart.net/cec7/th/pre/i/2016/355/6/b/fractal_armor_concept_by_peterprime-dascpcz.jpg

> > https://img00.deviantart.net/2008/i/2016/358/6/f/fractal_armor_concept___light_version_by_peterprime-dasoqjj.jpg

> >

> > At least, these can be a start point.

> >

>

> I think these look very cool. Whenever I imagined fractal armor, I imagined it having an otherworldly appearance. I wouldn't mind if it didn't have too many particle effects hacked on, so the design of the armor itself can be appreciated, but this is a nice idea overall.

>

> ANet seriously needs to have an armor design contest (similar to their weapon design contest) so these kinds of concepts created by players can be seen, voted for and possibly incorporated in some way.

As soon as I saw this post I thought of this OMG these would be so cool

(Maybe anet could have a desgin armour contest to get a hold of this)

> @"GWMO.4785" said:

> Well.. Raids, WvW and PvP do have their own (legendary) armor. Fractal is just a smaller form of pve endgame. Maybe anet will add them in future. Fingers crossed

Most will agree that there are 3 main pillars of content - PvE, PvP and WvW. Currently each of the modes has a "path" to acquire legendary armor. Simply because PvE is more diverse and has more volume, doesn't justify giving it another "path".

I would be in complete support for there to be _Fractal Relic_ armor skins in line with the current relic/golden relic weapon system but I see no reason to introduce legendary armor here.

Raids are considered at the endgame PvE content but is only estimated to be played by 4% of the whole population. This would be taking away from the 4% even further and potentially killing the raid scene. I'm completely for diversity, but the negative impacts need to be considered.

> @"MarshallLaw.9260" said:

> Most will agree that there are 3 main pillars of content - PvE, PvP and WvW. Currently each of the modes has a "path" to acquire legendary armor. Simply because PvE is more diverse and has more volume, doesn't justify giving it another "path".

> I would be in complet support for there to be _Fractal Relic_ armor skins in line with the current relic/golden relic weapon system but I see no reason to introduce legendary armor here.

> Raids are considered at the endgame PvE content but is only estimated to be played by 4% of the whole population. This would be taking away from the 4% even further and potentially killing the raid scene. I'm completely for diversity, but the negative impacts need to be considered.

Well for starters, i never said that fractal armor needs to be legendary. I just said that each endgame type has its own unique looking armor. Which happens to be legendary. It would nice if fractals had this as well. Even if it was just skins.

Regardless, adding actual unique (legendary) armor to fractal would not diminish raids at all. Not by a long shot. Lets not forget that raids are mainly intended for those who seek a challenge. If you're doing it for the rewards, you're doing something wrong