Fractal Armor

SidewayS.3789

> @"GWMO.4785" said:

> > @"MarshallLaw.9260" said:

> > Most will agree that there are 3 main pillars of content - PvE, PvP and WvW. Currently each of the modes has a "path" to acquire legendary armor. Simply because PvE is more diverse and has more volume, doesn't justify giving it another "path".

> > I would be in complet support for there to be _Fractal Relic_ armor skins in line with the current relic/golden relic weapon system but I see no reason to introduce legendary armor here.

> > Raids are considered at the endgame PvE content but is only estimated to be played by 4% of the whole population. This would be taking away from the 4% even further and potentially killing the raid scene. I'm completely for diversity, but the negative impacts need to be considered.

>

> Well for starters, i never said that fractal armor needs to be legendary. I just said that each endgame type has its own unique looking armor. Which happens to be legendary. It would nice if fractals had this as well. Even if it was just skins.

>

> Regardless, adding actual unique (legendary) armor to fractal would not diminish raids at all. Not by a long shot. Lets not forget that raids are mainly intended for those who seek a challenge. If you're doing it for the rewards, you're doing something wrong

That being said i dont expect a legendary armor in fractals to require something lower than t4.

> @"MarshallLaw.9260" said:

> > @"GWMO.4785" said:

> > Well.. Raids, WvW and PvP do have their own (legendary) armor. Fractal is just a smaller form of pve endgame. Maybe anet will add them in future. Fingers crossed

>

> Most will agree that there are 3 main pillars of content - PvE, PvP and WvW. Currently each of the modes has a "path" to acquire legendary armor. Simply because PvE is more diverse and has more volume, doesn't justify giving it another "path".

> I would be in complete support for there to be _Fractal Relic_ armor skins in line with the current relic/golden relic weapon system but I see no reason to introduce legendary armor here.

> Raids are considered at the endgame PvE content but is only estimated to be played by 4% of the whole population. This would be taking away from the 4% even further and potentially killing the raid scene. I'm completely for diversity, but the negative impacts need to be considered.

The raid-scene in this game killed itself with its vastly stupid entry-requirements of a bazillion LI/KPs and the toxicity that went along with that. Horrible class-balancing also doesn't help - this game desperately needs an overhaul/major PvE-balance-patch. Legendary fractal-armor would be a welcomed addition to the game, especially since its easier to organize five-wo/men-groups instead of ten-wo/men-squads.

> @"Raizel.8175" said:

> > @"MarshallLaw.9260" said:

> > > @"GWMO.4785" said:

> > > Well.. Raids, WvW and PvP do have their own (legendary) armor. Fractal is just a smaller form of pve endgame. Maybe anet will add them in future. Fingers crossed

> >

> > Most will agree that there are 3 main pillars of content - PvE, PvP and WvW. Currently each of the modes has a "path" to acquire legendary armor. Simply because PvE is more diverse and has more volume, doesn't justify giving it another "path".

> > I would be in complete support for there to be _Fractal Relic_ armor skins in line with the current relic/golden relic weapon system but I see no reason to introduce legendary armor here.

> > Raids are considered at the endgame PvE content but is only estimated to be played by 4% of the whole population. This would be taking away from the 4% even further and potentially killing the raid scene. I'm completely for diversity, but the negative impacts need to be considered.

>

> The raid-scene in this game killed itself with its vastly stupid entry-requirements of a bazillion LI/KPs and the toxicity that went along with that. Horrible class-balancing also doesn't help - this game desperately needs an overhaul/major PvE-balance-patch. Legendary fractal-armor would be a welcomed addition to the game, especially since its easier to organize five-wo/men-groups instead of ten-wo/men-squads.

Idk about that "horrible" balance thing, theres 15 or more dps builds available to pick so i wouldnt call that bad.

Also idk about raid the raid scene being dead i still find raidclear and see ppl make record runs.

@"MarshallLaw.9260" most go for the legendary armor for its looks anyways since the whole stat swapping thing is wierd. and if ppl want a the utility theeres multiple sets to pick from.

Another option wouldnt really kill the scene since it would be a diff skin all together and obv it wouldnt have the same amount if work done to it.

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > @"Raizel.8175" said:

> > > @"MarshallLaw.9260" said:

> > > > @"GWMO.4785" said:

> > > > Well.. Raids, WvW and PvP do have their own (legendary) armor. Fractal is just a smaller form of pve endgame. Maybe anet will add them in future. Fingers crossed

> > >

> > > Most will agree that there are 3 main pillars of content - PvE, PvP and WvW. Currently each of the modes has a "path" to acquire legendary armor. Simply because PvE is more diverse and has more volume, doesn't justify giving it another "path".

> > > I would be in complete support for there to be _Fractal Relic_ armor skins in line with the current relic/golden relic weapon system but I see no reason to introduce legendary armor here.

> > > Raids are considered at the endgame PvE content but is only estimated to be played by 4% of the whole population. This would be taking away from the 4% even further and potentially killing the raid scene. I'm completely for diversity, but the negative impacts need to be considered.

> >

> > The raid-scene in this game killed itself with its vastly stupid entry-requirements of a bazillion LI/KPs and the toxicity that went along with that. Horrible class-balancing also doesn't help - this game desperately needs an overhaul/major PvE-balance-patch. Legendary fractal-armor would be a welcomed addition to the game, especially since its easier to organize five-wo/men-groups instead of ten-wo/men-squads.

>

> Idk about that "horrible" balance thing, theres 15 or more dps builds available to pick so i wouldnt call that bad.

DPS-builds in this game are irrelevant since there are too many of them. The problem are viable support-builds. The game-mode is dominated by Chrono and Druid having 4 out of 10 fixed slots in nearly every encounter (thats 40% of a squad occupied by 11% of the elite-specializations; even more if we count in core-builds). That's not healthy, that's vastly unbalanced. Not a single specialization should be mandatory; there should be alternatives. Just look at the LFG; people mostly search Chronos and/or Druids.

> Also idk about raid the raid scene being dead i still find raidclear and see ppl make record runs.

Not dead per se, but nontheless pretty dead if you consider the percentage of people participating in raids. 4% as stated by @"MarshallLaw.9260" is nothing. And it has nothing to do with "difficulty" - raids are your typical standard instanced MMO-PvE-content -, but with ridiculous entry-barriers.

That's what a **healthy** MMO looks like:

"_[instanced content xyz] - Tank, Heal, DDs (have basic stats and know mechanics)_"

This is what it often looks like in GW2 (**unhealthy**):

"_DPS-Golem - 2 Chronos, 2 Druids, DPS (pref. Weaver) - 250 LI/50 KPs_"

The "normal" mode of raids should be mass-content, the CMs content for elite/hardcore-players; it's not like that though. LFG-groups should be more lenient with entry-barriers than actual statics - it's quite the opposite. GW2 needs some PvE-balance-patches; ANet also needs to disable the posting of LIs/KPs and revert to its stance "raids aren't for everyone" and nullify that since its nonsense.

> @"Raizel.8175" said:

> Not dead per se, but nontheless pretty dead if you consider the percentage of people participating in raids. 4% as stated by @"MarshallLaw.9260" is nothing.

This is in no way confirmed or statistically documented and therefore has 0 value for a serious discussion. He just threw in a random number or - to say it drastically - he lied!

The raid population is healthy and far away from being a wasteland. Funnily, it's always non-raiders that bring in such fantasy numbers and untrue claims.

Raiding is only hard if you try to enter it via LFG only. There are enough guilds & initiatives that help newcomers to get into raids. But most of the people rather complain than putting in some effort.

> @"Raizel.8175" said:

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > @"Raizel.8175" said:

> > > > @"MarshallLaw.9260" said:

> > > > > @"GWMO.4785" said:

> > > > > Well.. Raids, WvW and PvP do have their own (legendary) armor. Fractal is just a smaller form of pve endgame. Maybe anet will add them in future. Fingers crossed

> > > >

> > > > Most will agree that there are 3 main pillars of content - PvE, PvP and WvW. Currently each of the modes has a "path" to acquire legendary armor. Simply because PvE is more diverse and has more volume, doesn't justify giving it another "path".

> > > > I would be in complete support for there to be _Fractal Relic_ armor skins in line with the current relic/golden relic weapon system but I see no reason to introduce legendary armor here.

> > > > Raids are considered at the endgame PvE content but is only estimated to be played by 4% of the whole population. This would be taking away from the 4% even further and potentially killing the raid scene. I'm completely for diversity, but the negative impacts need to be considered.

> > >

> > > The raid-scene in this game killed itself with its vastly stupid entry-requirements of a bazillion LI/KPs and the toxicity that went along with that. Horrible class-balancing also doesn't help - this game desperately needs an overhaul/major PvE-balance-patch. Legendary fractal-armor would be a welcomed addition to the game, especially since its easier to organize five-wo/men-groups instead of ten-wo/men-squads.

> >

> > Idk about that "horrible" balance thing, theres 15 or more dps builds available to pick so i wouldnt call that bad.

>

> DPS-builds in this game are irrelevant since there are too many of them. The problem are viable support-builds. The game-mode is dominated by Chrono and Druid having 4 out of 10 fixed slots in nearly every encounter (thats 40% of a squad occupied by 11% of the elite-specializations; even more if we count in core-builds). That's not healthy, that's vastly unbalanced. Not a single specialization should be mandatory; there should be alternatives. Just look at the LFG; people mostly search Chronos and/or Druids.

>

> > Also idk about raid the raid scene being dead i still find raidclear and see ppl make record runs.

>

> Not dead per se, but nontheless pretty dead if you consider the percentage of people participating in raids. 4% as stated by @"MarshallLaw.9260" is nothing. And it has nothing to do with "difficulty" - raids are your typical standard instanced MMO-PvE-content -, but with ridiculous entry-barriers.

>

> That's what a **healthy** MMO looks like:

>

> "_[instanced content xyz] - Tank, Heal, DDs (have basic stats and know mechanics)_"

>

> This is what it often looks like in GW2 (**unhealthy**):

>

> "_DPS-Golem - 2 Chronos, 2 Druids, DPS (pref. Weaver) - 250 LI/50 KPs_"

>

> The "normal" mode of raids should be mass-content, the CMs content for elite/hardcore-players; it's not like that though. LFG-groups should be more lenient with entry-barriers than actual statics - it's quite the opposite. GW2 needs some PvE-balance-patches; ANet also needs to disable the posting of LIs/KPs and revert to its stance "raids aren't for everyone" and nullify that since its nonsense.

>

>

>

I can go too with anectodal evidence and say 30% is engaged with raids. A poll that was also made recently suggests that.

As for the slots, supports take 3 * not 4. A 2nd Druid isnt required anymore and u could take alot of things depending on the group's exp. Ranging from another dps to an entirely diff support such as rev or ele etc.

"dps in this game is irrelevant since theres too many if them" lmao

Last time i checked WOW their requirements were kinda the same and wow is considered the biggest raiding mmo.

Also u can make ur own groups and lfgs.

> @"Sarrs.4831" said:

> > @"SidewayS.3789" said:

> >I know it will take ages (look at legendary armor)

>

> Could just be an exotic armor set, or a tiered armor set like WvW and sPvP have.

Or the apearance of the already already existing ascented armor that npcs sell.

> @"infrequentia.3465" said:

> ascended armor = fractal armor what more do you want

/facepalm

i can get the same asc armor from crafting and raid tokens means are they crafting armor and raid armor? no. he meant an exclusive armor sets from fractals that only can be obtained regardless of rank of the armor or stats. he meant exclusive fractal armor skin. just like ya have frac weapon skins ehhh.