Sword weaver in pvp

Bast.7253

So, what are you supposed to do as a sword weaver in pvp that has to run a mandatory water trait line for survivability, a healing power-centric amulet, and an arsenal of cc abilities and minor burst abilities that require your opponent to be standing still 1 yard away from you?

No matter what I test out, the amount of muscle memory I would need to be able to time all of my attunement swaps and abilities at exactly the right time while relying on the other person to be right in front of me is just insane.

Why would anyone ever want to run this weapon over fresh air that can kite for days and attunement swap to air every crit while nuking their opponent? It's fun, but it's not fun constantly struggling to stay alive and hitting someone with a foam sword dishing out bleeds or burns that get cleansed as soon as they get applied?

If I'm not mistaken, although I personally prefer sword for damage in pve, the highest damage weapon and easier rotation is still staff?

So, what exactly is sword good for? Solo open world pve and story instances?

It's nice that we got a few buffs this last patch on sword, but it really isn't enough to fix what's wrong with the spec. You have either a bruiser build like a warrior with 1/4 the hp, toughness, and damage reduction traits, a condi melee spec that only puts out a few conditions that are easily cleansed, or a monk-type bunker build that can do nothing but survive long enough to annoy the opponent into running away out of boredom.

> @"cptaylor.2670" said:

> So, what are you supposed to do as a sword weaver in pvp that has to run a mandatory water trait line for survivability, a healing power-centric amulet, and an arsenal of cc abilities and minor burst abilities that require your opponent to be standing still 1 yard away from you?

>

> No matter what I test out, the amount of muscle memory I would need to be able to time all of my attunement swaps and abilities at exactly the right time while relying on the other person to be right in front of me is just insane.

>

> Why would anyone ever want to run this weapon over fresh air that can kite for days and attunement swap to air every crit while nuking their opponent? It's fun, but it's not fun constantly struggling to stay alive and hitting someone with a foam sword dishing out bleeds or burns that get cleansed as soon as they get applied?

>

> If I'm not mistaken, although I personally prefer sword for damage in pve, the highest damage weapon and easier rotation is still staff?

>

> So, what exactly is sword good for? Solo open world pve and story instances?

>

> It's nice that we got a few buffs this last patch on sword, but it really isn't enough to fix what's wrong with the spec. You have either a bruiser build like a warrior with 1/4 the hp, toughness, and damage reduction traits, a condi melee spec that only puts out a few conditions that are easily cleansed, or a monk-type bunker build that can do nothing but survive long enough to annoy the opponent into running away out of boredom.

>

>

>

>

>

You answered your own question.... "So, what exactly is sword good for? Solo open world pve and story instances?"...**PvE is your answer**

PvP is now only a byproduct , in the sense that your chosen profession being viable there..it's not strictly a priority, pve eles are extremely happy with ele...for pvp you waste time and you're better off with another profession

idk, I've been enjoying Swd/D support weaver alot this season. You do need to adjust your positioning all the time, so I guess that is part of the appeal.

I think it took around 50-70 matches before the atunements started to click, but once it does. It feels satisfying.

The only hard counters in my experience, is any builds running a Burst/Glass Cannon Build (namely cherry picking deadeyes or Scepter Ele)

That and my stupidity of ham fisting a zerg with scourges.

> @"Retsuko.2035" said:

> > @"rwolf.9571" said:

> > idk, I've been enjoying Swd/D support weaver alot this season.

>

> And what exactly are you trying to achieve as a support weaver, using sword/dagger? beside the obvious stuff any build can do. Honestly curious :)

>

>

I feel I do a Jack of all Trades. I played Condi Mirage last season, and tried to replicate that abilty to take on 1 v 1, contribute to mid, and high mobility. Especially how volatile matches are. (Basically can't rely on others to back cap, or hold points)

So far I've been holding Gold T3 post riptide nerf (less face rolly). Almost back to where I was previously which was just scraping into Plat 1. (currently using sage amulet, currently haven't found a rune that stuck with me yet, currently trying Rune of the Grove )

> @"rwolf.9571" said:

> idk, I've been enjoying Swd/D support weaver alot this season. You do need to adjust your positioning all the time, so I guess that is part of the appeal.

> I think it took around 50-70 matches before the atunements started to click, but once it does. It feels satisfying.

>

> The only hard counters in my experience, is any builds running a Burst/Glass Cannon Build (namely cherry picking deadeyes or Scepter Ele)

> That and my stupidity of ham fisting a zerg with scourges.

saying Sw/D is support is wrong , since it's way more selfish than tempest ... S/D sage build works cause it can deal quite good condi burst dmg while being able to survive to condies and temporize. But if you want to go support as a sword/D weaver ofc you won't do good !

Btw the thing that works the most on sword is sage + berserker rune + smoldering sigil

CY@

> @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> I always found balth rune to be good with sage.

I run Balthazar rune with carrion amulet. Its burn build. Before riptide nerf was using sage but now it feels usules to have that "extra" "feeling" of "survivability". So I go more with damage, I guess it's not bad, but not good aswell. However I enjoy weaver as whole, so I will be playing it despite how bad it is and if somebody will complain about the ele being an anchor of the team - all complains to Arenanet xD you know I'm sweating there to make those 250k damage xD