Path of Fire not registered >;(

Knoxx.7321

Dunno if this has been spoken about or whatever but rather annoyed...

I paid for the top expansion pack with gems and everything however for some reason the expansion hasnt been added to my account and i cannot play. The money has been taken from my bank and i have email confirmation for this...

How can this be fixed?!!!

When purchasing through buy.guildwars2.com, you should have been shown a serial key immediately after the purchase. It should have also been emailed to you along with the receipt. You need to apply that key under your account. If you never received that email, check your spam/junk folders, otherwise you'll need to contact support to recover it. If it's been less than 24 hours from the purchase, the email may simply be delayed; any longer than 72 hours and it probably isn't coming.

Did you buy it through the webstore, other authorized retailer or via the in-game store? If you bought it through the webstore you should have been emailed a game key. You will have to manually apply it to your account to activate it. You can do so by logging into the My Account page, https://account.arena.net/login ,navigate to the game content tab then there is an option to add a key. If you bought it through the in-game store (BLTC) it should have automatically been added to your account. If not you will need to submit a support ticket.

> @Knoxx.7321 said:

> i have a feeling the code could have been sent to my old email, which i cant access any more.... is it possible to change email contact address?

You will have to submit a support ticket to do so. They will probably be able to help you with other concerns as well. Make sure to describe your issue in your support ticket as clearly and accurately as possible.

• 4 months later...

> @"Guy Buddy.9782" said:

> Hey, was this issue ever resolved? I recently purchased PoF as well on the 28th and cannot access it in game. I've logged onto my arenanet account and it says the serial key has been activated for it too.

Did you start the Path of Fire story in your Story Journal? That's how you access the PoF maps.

Good luck.

> @"Eadgyt.5987" said:

> I have the same problem except with HoT, I bought both expansion yesterday, Created a little Revenant.. However I cannot access HoT content.

If you can make the revenant then that's a confirmation that you have HoT. Besides you simply can't access HoT maps directly. You actually have to do story missions to first enter HoT. I dunno what the exact story mission it is but i do know that it starts in Silverwastes.

> @"MadLass.3821" said:

> Yeah my friend has a similar problem, we both bought PoF before release date and I got all my stuff, but they said they plugged in the code, and now they cant play PoF. They don't even have the code in email. Is there some way to fix this? They got it as a gift.

So your friend bought something afew months ago and just now realised s/he dident get what they were buying?

Edit

If it was a gift then ask the gifter if they still have the code?

Maybe they got ticked off that your friend dident use it and regifted it.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > @"Guy Buddy.9782" said:

> > Hey, was this issue ever resolved? I recently purchased PoF as well on the 28th and cannot access it in game. I've logged onto my arenanet account and it says the serial key has been activated for it too.

>

> Did you start the Path of Fire story in your Story Journal? That's how you access the PoF maps.

>

> Good luck.

hey, thanks for the reply. My character is lvl 80 and when I go to click on the path of fire expansion in my heroes tab it still shows it locked and i cannot click on it to start the mission. I've tried going into the instance that starts it off in lions arch as well with no luck. I've submitted a ticket over a week ago now when i bought the game and have heard nothing with no answer in sight...

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> > @"MadLass.3821" said:

> > Yeah my friend has a similar problem, we both bought PoF before release date and I got all my stuff, but they said they plugged in the code, and now they cant play PoF. They don't even have the code in email. Is there some way to fix this? They got it as a gift.

>

> So your friend bought something afew months ago and just now realised s/he dident get what they were buying?

>

> Edit

> If it was a gift then ask the gifter if they still have the code?

> Maybe they got ticked off that your friend dident use it and regifted it.

(Sorry for late response) they used the code and said they got their stuff. But now they don't have it.

• 1 year later...

> @"King Loki.6245" said:

> Just bought it, same issue - no code shown on the post purchase screen and no email... cmon!!!! ):

If you continue to have issue (check junk/spam folders; make sure you typed the correct email address), you can contact the CS Team via the 'Support' link above/below and 'Submit a Ticket' for assistance.

Good luck.

> @"King Loki.6245" said:

> Just bought it, same issue - no code shown on the post purchase screen and no email... cmon!!!! ):

You can make a [support request](http://support.guildwars2.com/ "support request") to GW2 support to get help with this. Make sure to include your account name and the purchase transaction details so support can retrieve the code for you after verifying that payment went through.

Check your mail and spam folders first tho.