API temporarily disabled (Sept 22-25)

Lawton Campbell.8517

> @"Boogiepop Void.6473" said:

> What I'm saying is the API is still only showing them as if you don't have PoF but do have HoT. The set for PoF is not showing in the API.

The API is not showing PoF items in a lot of places. It seems he had to make a version-rollback to a pre-PoF-version to bring the API up again.

> @Valento.9852 said:

> Lawton, is it possible for you guys to have a mirror api web server before big updates? There's a plethora of websites which simply won't work without them, and while I sincerely understand shoot happens in live, it would be cool to have a backup of sorts... at least for static endpoints such as items, traits and skills. There's quite a lot of popular build websites which break without them.

Not really. The web bit of the API is just the frontend and doesn't have any data. The backend is tied into the game build process (I guess this is a misnomer; there's a bit in our architecture that can only run a single build at a time -- unlike the client/map instances -- which is why e.g. guild data gets wonky around patches) and can't run multiple versions.

Anyway yeah, got half of the stuff up Monday (inventories had a format change which broke the API bit). I've got a gross bandaid on the inventory stuff for now, but characters that last logged in between `2017-09-22T16:00:00Z-2017-09-22T16:09:00Z` (somewhereabouts) won't have accessible inventories until you log into them again. Since turning on the inventory bits last night there's been less than a dozen such accounts so I'm not worried about narrowing down that range and fixing the underlying issue.

Finally, tiles should be regenerated today.

Hello, thank you all very much for your hard work. I noticed the account API is back up.

I was wondering around when the colors API (https://api.guildwars2.com/v2/colors) would be back up, if I may ask? Should I check back next week/when around should I check if its working?

If there is going to be another link for the colors, may I ask what it be?

Thanks again.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

> @Hyadum.1798 said:

> Hello guys. I think the API is still down. "This API key is not valid or the GW2 API is currently not available." New API key generated today, with all permissions.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/12673/api-downtime-oct-30-nov-1

There was a maintenance announced for october 30 till 1 november 7? Pm pst.

This thread was for downtime in september, over a month ago.