Fractal Relic sinks beyond account upgrades?

Hi so I've been thinking about how am I gonna spend remaining relics after I'm done with account upgrades (and I'm almost done, only missing ~2000g) and while pristine relics have amazing sink (ascended trinkets), the regular relics not so much. You can buy clovers but they're not needed unless you're crafting legendary. What I was thinking would be a good sink is transmutation charges - since PvP and WvW already have a steady supply of them, I think transmutation charges for fractal relics (limited per day) would be a great option for people who are either done with account upgrades or don't want to buy them.

Teapot suggest perfect solution. Tier 5 of fractal attunement - Fractal Mega God. Oh and of course - Fractal Mega Goddess. Yours for 500.000 relics. Double effects of all infusions on you, only in fractals.

Jokes aside, there is plenty of things we getting in fractals that really need sinks. Mini Mittens? Faster to delete. Recipes? Faster to delete. Knight Cores? They will cost coppers soon. Shard of Crystallized Mists Essence? My own supplies is enough to destroy market of sigil and rune you can craft with those. 10 times. And no one in right mind will do that, cuz.. we all know there will be giant sink for them.. someday. Solid Ocean Shards? Cheaper to buy solid cubes from another player than craft them.

Ben, there is still a lot of work to do. I hope you guys have big enough team to handle it all in time.

No it's not a humble brag, it's genuine problem. Beside 15 people who use gw2efficiency there are probably hundreds of other people who don't. And apart from Fractal Gods/Goddesses, there are definitely people not going for these rewards and would prefer different sinks like transmutation charges. Why are you opposing the idea if it helps everyone?

> @"Sublimatio.6981" said:

> No it's not a humble brag, it's genuine problem. Beside 15 people who use gw2efficiency there are probably hundreds of other people who don't. And apart from Fractal Gods/Goddesses, there are definitely people not going for these rewards and would prefer different sinks like transmutation charges. Why are you opposing the idea if it helps everyone?

It's a genuine problem for a tiny fraction of the game's population. There are already a number of sinks added, including mystic clovers, the fractal skins, gear, stat-boosting infusions. That's plenty for the vast majority of players.

I'm not against adding stuff. I just think it's a better use of time for them to focus on something else, that will benefit those who aren't yet God|esses.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"Sublimatio.6981" said:

> > No it's not a humble brag, it's genuine problem. Beside 15 people who use gw2efficiency there are probably hundreds of other people who don't. And apart from Fractal Gods/Goddesses, there are definitely people not going for these rewards and would prefer different sinks like transmutation charges. Why are you opposing the idea if it helps everyone?

>

> It's a genuine problem for a tiny fraction of the game's population. There are already a number of sinks added, including mystic clovers, the fractal skins, gear, stat-boosting infusions. That's plenty for the vast majority of players.

>

> I'm not against adding stuff. I just think it's a better use of time for them to focus on something else, that will benefit those who aren't yet God|esses.

1) fractals aren't a tiny fraction of game's population and even if they were, you don't want to have a game that excludes minorities

2) there are sinks for matrices and pristines, but not for fractal relics apart from the permanent upgrades like potions/attunements

3) I don't think adding a transmutation charge to a vendor and setting a price is such a time-consuming task

4) wvw and pvp already have a steady supply of transmutation charges

> Hi so I've been thinking about how am I gonna spend remaining relics after I'm done with account upgrades (and I'm almost done, only missing ~2000g) and while pristine relics have amazing sink (ascended trinkets), the regular relics not so much. You can buy clovers but they're not needed unless you're crafting legendary. What I was thinking would be a good sink is transmutation charges - since PvP and WvW already have a steady supply of them, I think transmutation charges for fractal relics (limited per day) would be a great option for people who are either done with account upgrades or don't want to buy them.

Do agree that there exists a need for a relic sync, but just as a counterpoint, I don't think transmutation charges are the silver bullet...

As you mentioned, the game shouldn't excludes minorities, but there is a faction of fractal runners who also do PvP and/or WvW to varying extents, such that they already have excess charges (myself included - not a humble brag)...

I'm not against the idea, but I think it needs to be more, just not only.

> > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > @"Sublimatio.6981" said:

> > > No it's not a humble brag, it's genuine problem. Beside 15 people who use gw2efficiency there are probably hundreds of other people who don't. And apart from Fractal Gods/Goddesses, there are definitely people not going for these rewards and would prefer different sinks like transmutation charges. Why are you opposing the idea if it helps everyone?

> >

> > It's a genuine problem for a tiny fraction of the game's population. There are already a number of sinks added, including mystic clovers, the fractal skins, gear, stat-boosting infusions. That's plenty for the vast majority of players.

> >

> > I'm not against adding stuff. I just think it's a better use of time for them to focus on something else, that will benefit those who aren't yet God|esses.

>

> 1) fractals aren't a tiny fraction of game's population

Fractal Frequenters are [26% of the GW2 Efficiency population](https://gw2efficiency.com/account/unlock-statistics?filter.search=Fractal%20Frequenter&filter.category=30).

Fractal Gods are, as noted, 14 of the 140k people with available stats.

> and even if they were, you don't want to have a game that excludes minorities

The game **does not** exclude minorities — raids is an entire set of content plus achievements plus skins that specifically caters to a minority.

The point is: since resources are always limited, what's the most helpful thing to add next? You want it to be something for the 14-of-140k; my preference is for the 139k.

> 2) there are sinks for matrices and pristines, but not for fractal relics apart from the permanent upgrades like potions/attunements

There are sinks for the relics, too.

> 3) I don't think adding a transmutation charge to a vendor and setting a price is such a time-consuming task

Of all the things that are possible, sure, it's lower effort. But it's not as little as you think and even if it were, that's not the point: however much effort it is, it only helps people who have no other use for relics (either because they've obtained the prestige titles already or because they don't think there's any chance that they'll get those titles, in which case: they don't have all that many relics to worry about).

> 4) wvw and pvp already have a steady supply of transmutation charges

Sure, so if ANet was going to add something to the game to make it easier for PvE people to get xmute charges, why not make it something else?

Again, I'm not against adding sinks for relics. It's just, in my strong opinion, not the best use of their time. Surely we don't have to agree about this.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > 2) there are sinks for matrices and pristines, but not for fractal relics apart from the permanent upgrades like potions/attunements

> There are sinks for the relics, too.

no there aren't. thats why I made this thread. and you still ignore that some people dont want to spend relics on titles so why are you continuously referencing gw2efficiency statistics when they are deeply irrelevant? especially since they do not represent the game, only a fraction of people with API keys.

regular things you can buy for relics are things that are staying forever (bags, backpack, gift etc) so it's not a sink, it's 1-time purchase. sink is something that should let me stay at 0 relics continuously. Right now I won't be running out of relics and that's a big issue. If you say that there are only 14 fractal god/desses on gw2efficiency again as reason to not update relic sinks, i will assume you are trolling and not respond anymore

> > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

>

> > > 2) there are sinks for matrices and pristines, but not for fractal relics apart from the permanent upgrades like potions/attunements

> > There are sinks for the relics, too.

> no there aren't. thats why I made this thread. and you still ignore that some people dont want to spend relics on titles so why are you continuously referencing gw2efficiency statistics when they are deeply irrelevant? especially since they do not represent the game, only a fraction of people with API keys.

>

> regular things you can buy for relics are things that are staying forever (bags, backpack, gift etc) so it's not a sink, it's 1-time purchase. sink is something that should let me stay at 0 relics continuously. Right now I won't be running out of relics and that's a big issue. If you say that there are only 14 fractal god/desses on gw2efficiency again as reason to not update relic sinks, i will assume you are trolling and not respond anymore

This isnt genuine.

There are sinks in place, they just blow chunks. Cant claim there's none when they exist, you can say there's effectively none however.

Even the new title based sink isn't really something to write home about as it's ultimately too grandiose a task for your average fractal goer to utilize. They need better and smaller cost things like you've suggested in transmutation shards or other various ways to trade out relics for other items.

And even your transmutation charges are basically permanent, just like the other sinks like bags and titles. How many transmutation charges do you have now and how many do you use per week on average and how many do you get by playing the game? The average player (Median) of those who put their API key into gw2efficiency maintains a supply of 46 charges. There are dedicated players who have thousands. I guess you play often enough to have maybe 200 or more? So even if it feels like a real sink, it's not for most players. It's probably like Spirit Shards.

> @"Faaris.8013" said:

> And even your transmutation charges are basically permanent, just like the other sinks like bags and titles. How many transmutation charges do you have now and how many do you use per week on average and how many do you get by playing the game? The average player (Median) of those who put their API key into gw2efficiency maintains a supply of 46 charges. There are dedicated players who have thousands. I guess you play often enough to have maybe 200 or more? So even if it feels like a real sink, it's not for most players. It's probably like Spirit Shards.

I don't use many transmutation charges because I don't have a way to get them by playing the game mode I want, and I have other things to pay with gold for. So pretty much statistic wont work here. And yeah transmutation charge shouldn't be the only thing introduced.

> > @"Faaris.8013" said:

> > And even your transmutation charges are basically permanent, just like the other sinks like bags and titles. How many transmutation charges do you have now and how many do you use per week on average and how many do you get by playing the game? The average player (Median) of those who put their API key into gw2efficiency maintains a supply of 46 charges. There are dedicated players who have thousands. I guess you play often enough to have maybe 200 or more? So even if it feels like a real sink, it's not for most players. It's probably like Spirit Shards.

>

> I don't use many transmutation charges because I don't have a way to get them by playing the game mode I want, and I have other things to pay with gold for. So pretty much statistic wont work here. And yeah transmutation charge shouldn't be the only thing introduced.

In pve you can earn far more gold than in pvp and wvw. That's why pvp and wvw have ways to obtain them whilst pve does not.