No more Red team wins!

Daroon.1736

Please could I respectively request that in future, prior to every festival re-boot, a small coding change is made to the related PVP 'activity' (Snowball Mayhem, Dragonball etc) that at least makes some effort to ensure that an equal number of players are maintained on each side?

ALL of the current iterations of these games (seem, unless I am very much mistaken) to just load players first into the red team and then into blue, with the inevitable consequence that Red wins 80%+ of the time, as blue players just quit when losing.

Though not an ideal solution, changing the coding so that a random team is loaded first would be a very simple task and surely it would not be beyond the wit of man to adapt a (very slightly) more complex solution like adding new players who join mid match to the losing team first?

Any of the above would at least improve the situation and allow more players to enjoy these games with less of the frustration they cause at the moment.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> Lol, it doesn't matter what color team I get placed onto; I still end up on the losing team. :p

The mechanic is _Inculpatus cedo_'s team loses? I wonder how they program that :/

More seriously:

I haven't played this year, but to the best of my knowledge, they didn't change the mechanics. And last year, sometimes blue won and sometimes red. In the couple of dozen times I played, I didn't see a pattern based on the color.

In fact, if the winning team was decided by a random coin flip rather than by the participants, there's a 5% chance that we'd see Red win 20 times out of 30. I'd like to see results from at least 40-50 matches before I'd worry that there was something in the code that favored one color or the other.

That's the last of the problems dragon ball have.

I love dragon ball. I really really do. It's actualy my favorite festival and I wait every year for it. But the leaving players are actualy the biggest problem. Last night my team was winning 420-100 when the other team decided to quit so the game decided that one of my teammates need to switch to the other team. I felt sorry for the poor guy. He didn't get any reward for the game. That's the real problem not what team get first player. That is what Anet need to fix. Also the afkers are a problem. We were winning one game when one went to do who knows what and become a free target.

And on a side note: once I got in a blue team that was loosing the game 0-200. In the end we won.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > Lol, it doesn't matter what color team I get placed onto; I still end up on the losing team. :p

>

> The mechanic is _Inculpatus cedo_'s team loses? I wonder how they program that :/

>

> ****

> More seriously:

> I haven't played this year, but to the best of my knowledge, they didn't change the mechanics. And last year, sometimes blue won and sometimes red. In the couple of dozen times I played, I didn't see a pattern based on the color.

>

> In fact, if the winning team was decided by a random coin flip rather than by the participants, there's a 5% chance that we'd see Red win 20 times out of 30. I'd like to see results from at least 40-50 matches before I'd worry that there was something in the code that favored one color or the other.

Pop over to DR and join a game - 100% guaranteed you will see that as players join, they are placed into the red team first. Unless there is a mass leaving from Red, blue NEVER has more players. The same is true for snowball mayhem, Keg brawl and (I'm 90% sure) all of the other team based mini games.

For the amount of frustration this causes (and player disenchantment with the game) v the minimal amount of re-coding that would be required to at least attempt to fix this issue in ALL of these games, for me, it's a no brainer that they try to do something.

> @"Underdark.3726" said:

> That's the last of the problems dragon ball have.

> I love dragon ball. I really really do. It's actualy my favorite festival and I wait every year for it. But the leaving players are actualy the biggest problem. Last night my team was winning 420-100 when the other team decided to quit so the game decided that one of my teammates need to switch to the other team. I felt sorry for the poor guy. He didn't get any reward for the game. That's the real problem not what team get first player. That is what Anet need to fix. Also the afkers are a problem. We were winning one game when one went to do who knows what and become a free target.

> And on a side note: once I got in a blue team that was loosing the game 0-200. In the end we won.

The leaving players problem is caused by the very issue I describe. Blue team players will continue to leave when losing because they know Red team fills first.

The coding is the cause, the players leaving is the effect.

And yes, I too have been in a losing blue team that eventually ends up winning, it happens, but the odds are nearly always against you in blue.

> @"Daroon.1736" said:

> > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > > Lol, it doesn't matter what color team I get placed onto; I still end up on the losing team. :p

> >

> > The mechanic is _Inculpatus cedo_'s team loses? I wonder how they program that :/

> >

> > ****

> > More seriously:

> > I haven't played this year, but to the best of my knowledge, they didn't change the mechanics. And last year, sometimes blue won and sometimes red. In the couple of dozen times I played, I didn't see a pattern based on the color.

> >

> > In fact, if the winning team was decided by a random coin flip rather than by the participants, there's a 5% chance that we'd see Red win 20 times out of 30. I'd like to see results from at least 40-50 matches before I'd worry that there was something in the code that favored one color or the other.

>

> Pop over to DR and join a game - 100% guaranteed you will see that as players join, they are placed into the red team first. Unless there is a mass leaving from Red, blue NEVER has more players. The same is true for snowball mayhem, Keg brawl and (I'm 90% sure) all of the other team based mini games.

>

> For the amount of frustration this causes (and player disenchantment with the game) v the minimal amount of re-coding that would be required to at least attempt to fix this issue in ALL of these games, for me, it's a no brainer that they try to do something.

Odd, that's not been my experience. Albeit, I haven't played extensively this year as I did all the other years; still, when I have played, I've been placed on both blue and red, and been outnumbered on both, and lost even when even on or outnumbered on Red Team.

But, if you say it is broken, I'm sure it is. I must just have weird luck.