Black Lion Salvage kits removed from gem store?

Dogrek.5692

> @"mercury ranique.2170" said:

> They are in the black lion statuettes now. It is basically a price increase of 75gems. (You need three keys, 125 gems each, while it was 300 gems. But, it also gives you another guaranteed item from the chest and a random chance on some other nice stuff. On top of that, as you can farm them using key farms.

Right. But do you think that's an accident? Or intended that it's only a BL chest reward now?

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"mercury ranique.2170" said:

> > They are in the black lion statuettes now. It is basically a price increase of 75gems. (You need three keys, 125 gems each, while it was 300 gems. But, it also gives you another guaranteed item from the chest and a random chance on some other nice stuff. On top of that, as you can farm them using key farms.

>

> Right. But do you think that's an accident? Or intended that it's only a BL chest reward now?

I personally think it is a bit of both. I can only imagine how the meeting went, but I imagine something like:

Ok guys, what to put into those statuettes?

Uuhhm, black lion salvage kits would be nice?

Ok, great, but there are allready so many of them and you can buy them from the store.

Hey, the price difference is so small, why not pull them from the store.

So I think it is a consequence of them being in the statuettes now. Not directly intended, but it derives from it.

> @"Haleydawn.3764" said:

> Removed due to being in the Statuette loot purposely imo. Does it really matter, not really.

> I’ve never bought one of these kits for gems, yet I think I’ve got at least 6 full kits over my characters. All from the Chest of Black Lion Goods (Daily log in and Fractals).

Can I ask: If you don't use them, how do you gather globs of dark matter? As far as i can tell, the only way is to use the best salvaging tool you can and salvage cheap ascended gear. Is there another option I'm unaware of, or do you simply not do any crafting?

EDIT: Sorry, you didn't say you didn't use them. Even so, I am always running out and it seems like I'm going to have to buy keys just to get more. Anyone have suggestions/alternatives?

You are correct that you can only get the dark matter from salvaging exotics. It does not need to be from the black lion salvage kit though. I get plenty from using a mystic salvage kit or the silver fed salvage-o-matic.> @"Biff.5312" said:

> > @"Haleydawn.3764" said:

> > Removed due to being in the Statuette loot purposely imo. Does it really matter, not really.

> > I’ve never bought one of these kits for gems, yet I think I’ve got at least 6 full kits over my characters. All from the Chest of Black Lion Goods (Daily log in and Fractals).

>

> Can I ask: If you don't use them, how do you gather globs of dark matter? As far as i can tell, the only way is to use the best salvaging tool you can and salvage cheap ascended gear. Is there another option I'm unaware of, or do you simply not do any crafting?

> EDIT: Sorry, you didn't say you didn't use them. Even so, I am always running out and it seems like I'm going to have to buy keys just to get more. Anyone have suggestions/alternatives?

You are correct that you can only get the dark matter from salvaging exotics. It does not need to be from the black lion salvage kit though. I get plenty from using a mystic salvage kit or the silver fed salvage-o-matic.

> @"MachineManXX.9746" said:

> You are correct that you can only get the dark matter from salvaging exotics. It does not need to be from the black lion salvage kit though. I get plenty from using a mystic salvage kit or the silver fed salvage-o-matic.> @"Biff.5312" said:

But the BL salvage kits give a considerably higher drop rate of dark matter and globs of ecto. Both of which are used in crafting ascended and legendary weapons and armor.

> @"Biff.5312" said:

> > Removed due to being in the Statuette loot purposely imo. Does it really matter, not really.

> > I’ve never bought one of these kits for gems, yet I think I’ve got at least 6 full kits over my characters. All from the Chest of Black Lion Goods (Daily log in and Fractals).

>

> Can I ask: If you don't use them, how do you gather globs of dark matter? As far as i can tell, the only way is to use the best salvaging tool you can and salvage cheap ascended gear. Is there another option I'm unaware of, or do you simply not do any crafting?

> EDIT: Sorry, you didn't say you didn't use them. Even so, I am always running out and it seems like I'm going to have to buy keys just to get more. Anyone have suggestions/alternatives?

You get globs of dark matter from salvaging Exotics, exotics I used my Silverfed if I wanted DM, I only salvage exotics with BL kits if it’s got a good Rune/Sigil in it. Even then, I’ve got a stack of Dark Matter in bank because I have no use for that either at the moment, since I’ve kitted all of my 9 characters in Ascended.

I go through kits slowly, as I just use them for Exotics that drop. In Fractals they are accountbound, but they salvage into DM and the Inscription/Insigia.

> @"Dogrek.5692" said:

> Does anyone know why the Black Lion Salvage kits would have been removed from the store? They can't be purchased anymore.

I for one am very glad they removed them. I hope they remove more of the common items as well so that it will increase the chance the wardrobe/armor or weapon unlock drops. Those were the best addition they added to the chests.

(The item I want them to remove the most is the hairstyle kit, hate it when I get those)

> @"LightofConduct.1693" said:

> > @"Dogrek.5692" said:

> > Does anyone know why the Black Lion Salvage kits would have been removed from the store? They can't be purchased anymore.

>

> I for one am very glad they removed them. I hope they remove more of the common items as well so that it will increase the chance the wardrobe/armor or weapon unlock drops. Those were the best addition they added to the chests.

>

> (The item I want them to remove the most is the hairstyle kit, hate it when I get those)

I think they are gone from the store, not the chests, per the thread discussion. Though perhaps they'll be back in the store after the current maintenance?

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> They have been removed from the BL Chests, but are now available from the Statuette vendor.

> Teleport to a Friend is still available from BL Chests.

Both no longer available via gemstore.. statuettes are now the ideal way to stealth pricehike the more popular items from the BL chests/daily logins... shape of things to come I guess imo.

> @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > They have been removed from the BL Chests, but are now available from the Statuette vendor.

> > Teleport to a Friend is still available from BL Chests.

>

> Both no longer available via gemstore.. statuettes are now the ideal way to stealth pricehike the more popular items from the BL chests/daily logins... shape of things to come I guess imo.

TtF was never available directly in the store.

> @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> > @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > > They have been removed from the BL Chests, but are now available from the Statuette vendor.

> > > Teleport to a Friend is still available from BL Chests.

> >

> > Both no longer available via gemstore.. statuettes are now the ideal way to stealth pricehike the more popular items from the BL chests/daily logins... shape of things to come I guess imo.

>

> TtF was never available directly in the store.

Pretty sure they were, but if I am wrong them my mistake.. still I am sure they were having used a few with guildies to get on expansion maps with newer toons... but the fact remains statuettes provide a sure fire way to hike prices on BL chest items going forward.

The more these kind of tricks appear, the more I keep my card in my wallet :(

> @"Biff.5312" said:

>

I never get BL salvage kits these days - I see maybe a couple a year from dailies. Yet using silver salvage-o-matic (or equiv) has yielded me more globs of dark matter than I'll ever use in crafting.