deleted in protest

i guess op never played Guild Wars at all. this is noting new at all !! and anet is OK with it. and so is the player base OK with it too !!

heck i used to sell runs all the time myself from LA to Droks frog and back again all the time. or runs from LA to Ascalon City all the time and had fun doing it made good gold.

anet has came right out and said this is ALL OK . thos crying over this fall to understand these things

it does NOT hurt my game play or any other players game play so come on dudes stop your kitten crying over noting about noting . :o

> @"Wilk.2965" said:

> > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > @"Wilk.2965" said:

> > > > @"Jojo.6140" said:

> > > > To anyone who wants automatic pairing for raids: Those automatic groups wouldnt be able to clear the content. Just open a lfg in the raid tab with nothing but "everyone welcome" und you will see how well it goes...

> > >

> > >

> > > Easy solution: as in fractals, different tiers of difficulty.

> >

> > That's not "easy" and it creates a whole bunch of other problems. And those are among the reasons ANet isn't going to introduce multiple tiers of difficulty for raids. (Plus, it likely wouldn't address the fundamental reason why folks buy raid runs, unless easy mode raids offer the same rewards.)

>

> Yes, it's easy, usually with reducing the damage and the boss's life = 90% done.

ANet has said it's not that easy. They have pointed out that even if they were able to (easily) change the mechanics, there's still the matter of figuring out short-term & long-term rewards, and how they should different from the original mode... and what impact that would have on the economy. They also need to allocate more resources to maintenance.

Rewards are probably the most difficult to figure out. If they don't offer the same _type_ of rewards as "regular mode," then people will still be interested in buying kills. If they do offer the same type of rewards, then they have lessened the proportional reward & prestige value of "challenging content," which also impacts overall player satisfaction.

Regardless, the underlying point is that Raids were designed to be the most challenging instanced content in the game. They require a smaller team because the intended audience is small and more homogeneous in terms of game skill and interests, so the devs can make more assumptions about what will work, what will be interesting, what will feel challenging.

In short, doing it well is a lot more complicated than nerfing the bosses and that by itself doesn't remove the reason people buy raids.

Anet already has stated that they don't mind.

Easiest solution would be to add a tab in the lfg tool for sales. OP doesn't have to look at these groups anymore, they still continue to exist and know where to advertise, ppl intersted in buying a carry know where to look and all is well and sorted out.

> @"lokh.2695" said:

> Anet already has stated that they don't mind.

Maybe. BUT Anet has also said they will not support it.

So your suggestion;

> Easiest solution would be to add a tab in the lfg tool for sales.

Will not happen. Because Anet doesn't want to support it.

"Purchasing a high-cost run directly, or purchasing gold or items to exchange for a run, is likely to result in account action against the purchaser and in some cases the runner(s), as well. While the runner(s) may be unaware that the funds originated from Fraud/RMT, in fact they can be found to be in possession of stolen goods and their account may be impacted by that involvement.

**In summary, the buying and selling of runs is acceptable, but ArenaNet does not officially support buyers or sellers**. Buying or selling of runs is done **at your own risk**. If we investigate a transfer and establish that funds originated from fraud or RMT, we will take action against all parties involved. That action, depending on the situation, could include removal of funds, account suspension, and/or account termination."

It's why I don't understand Anet outright not allowing the selling of runs, if the funds can come into question. Surely it'd save them more CS time if they didn't have to worry about buyers using funds through RMT.

> @"Wilk.2965" said:

> I am a returned player and I was very happy to see that there were raids in GW2 now. I lasted 5 minutes to see that it is exclusive content for those who pay other players (with the support of arena) or for a privileged elitist guilds.

>

> It hurts to say it, but it is clear because this game has not triumphed as much as expected: lack of ambition.

>

> There are no automatic pairing systems, no raids on scalable difficulty, the game engine has not been updated at any time (20fps with a 1080ti + ryzen 1800x seriously?)

>

> He has hooked me for having free time and for lore, but I know that in less than a month I will not be playing around here and like me thousands of players.

ryzen have mehish cores what did you expect.

> @"Haleydawn.3764" said:

> > @"lokh.2695" said:

> > Anet already has stated that they don't mind.

>

> Maybe. BUT Anet has also said they will not support it.

> So your suggestion;

> > Easiest solution would be to add a tab in the lfg tool for sales.

> Will not happen. Because Anet doesn't want to support it.

>

I know it won't happen. ANets taking action(their statements, clarifications and actions against accounts) but not taking action(generally not minding the use of the lfg tool for this matter and not seeing buying/seling as an issue), the way they don't mind but don't want to support, makes the topic come up every now and then and will continue to do so.

ANet should make up their mind what they want. Not minding the issue while still providing the means to make these groups is supporting the sellers/customers already. If they wanted to, ANet could tag a "Buy/Sell at own risk!" disclaimer to the lfg-tab. Won't stop the crying but would keep the likeminded lfg's better sorted, I guess.

If I want to raid I subscribe to World of Warcraft, I only play this game for the Open World PVE.

To my knowledge the going rates for raid selling is astronomical compared to the slots sold in WoW, it's about proportion here not quantity as 1,000 gold in WoW might only be worth 50 or 100 gold in GW2, so buying a Garrosh kill to get an Hierloom Axe for leveling in Warlords of Draenor was reasonable and attainable as I could easily make that gold in less than a week, what GW2 Raid Scalpers are charging is straight up extortion.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> Keep in mind that raid-now PUGs will fill and the advert will disappear. There can be a few per hour or a hundred; there's no way to tell the difference without watching for the entire hour. In contrast, Sellers can leave their ads up all day. So it will appear to us as if there are more seller-ads, even if that's not the case.

That really depends on the raid someone purchases. If you buy, let's say, Cairn, the whole thing only takes 2 minutes, and the LFG will be up again.

@OP: You can join a raid seller's squad, right-click on the name, block and leave again. You'll not see the ad in LFG anymore.

I know this is not a solution to the problem, especially for the picture new players get, but it's a workaround I can live with.

> @"Dzjudz.9142" said:

> There are many training guilds and initiatives. If people advertising sells means to you that the only way to clear content is to buy then you have the wrong mindset.

At the time of that screenshot, 5/6 LFGs are raid sellers, only one real group looking for more. I know it's not always like that, but if you are new and happen to see this, you might get a really bad impression.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> If they do offer the same type of rewards, then they have lessened the proportional reward & prestige value of "challenging content," which also impacts overall player satisfaction.

I agree with you on this point, and I draw an additional conclusion: Raid selling also lessens the proportional reward and prestige of challenging content, and therefore, impacts the overall player satisfaction. A player who "worked" hard and many hours for rewards and prestige is impacted by raid sellers because they hand out the same rewards and titles to players who just happen to have the gold to pay for them. And nobody will be able to tell the difference. And also, why should I aim for a title that has little meaning with so many of it being sold? Only to get entry to the content really. You buy your kill to get a kill proof that is required to join runs.

In short: raid sellers impact the overall player satisfaction, but for some reason that is fine for Anet. Giving the same rewards for lower tier content does the same thing, and if Anet has some form of coherent decision making, they should not be against this. Or, if they think that prestige, rewards and titles should be connected to mastering challenging content, they should rethink their stance towards raid sellers.

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > @"Wilk.2965" said:

> > I am a returned player and I was very happy to see that there were raids in GW2 now. I lasted 5 minutes to see that it is exclusive content for those who pay other players (with the support of arena) or for a privileged elitist guilds.

> >

> > It hurts to say it, but it is clear because this game has not triumphed as much as expected: lack of ambition.

> >

> > There are no automatic pairing systems, no raids on scalable difficulty, the game engine has not been updated at any time (20fps with a 1080ti + ryzen 1800x seriously?)

> >

> > He has hooked me for having free time and for lore, but I know that in less than a month I will not be playing around here and like me thousands of players.

>

> ryzen have mehish cores what did you expect.

Yeah sure... the problem is from ryzen, one of the most powerful processor on the world... not de optimizacion of that game... ok...

> @"Wilk.2965" said:

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > @"Wilk.2965" said:

> > > I am a returned player and I was very happy to see that there were raids in GW2 now. I lasted 5 minutes to see that it is exclusive content for those who pay other players (with the support of arena) or for a privileged elitist guilds.

> > >

> > > It hurts to say it, but it is clear because this game has not triumphed as much as expected: lack of ambition.

> > >

> > > There are no automatic pairing systems, no raids on scalable difficulty, the game engine has not been updated at any time (20fps with a 1080ti + ryzen 1800x seriously?)

> > >

> > > He has hooked me for having free time and for lore, but I know that in less than a month I will not be playing around here and like me thousands of players.

> >

> > ryzen have mehish cores what did you expect.

>

> Yeah sure... the problem is from ryzen, one of the most powerful processor on the world... not de optimizacion of that game... ok...

No the problem is with the game. but ryzen runs more weaker core compaired to intel which runs fewer more powerfull ones.

> @"Wilk.2965" said:

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > @"Wilk.2965" said:

> > > I am a returned player and I was very happy to see that there were raids in GW2 now. I lasted 5 minutes to see that it is exclusive content for those who pay other players (with the support of arena) or for a privileged elitist guilds.

> > >

> > > It hurts to say it, but it is clear because this game has not triumphed as much as expected: lack of ambition.

> > >

> > > There are no automatic pairing systems, no raids on scalable difficulty, the game engine has not been updated at any time (20fps with a 1080ti + ryzen 1800x seriously?)

> > >

> > > He has hooked me for having free time and for lore, but I know that in less than a month I will not be playing around here and like me thousands of players.

> >

> > ryzen have mehish cores what did you expect.

>

> Yeah sure... the problem is from ryzen, one of the most powerful processor on the world... not de optimizacion of that game... ok...

Game uses single thread. If your CPU has 20 threads 2GHz each, it's worse than CPU with 2 threads 20GHz each.

You do realize that even if they remove all the people selling there will be exactly the same amount of actual LFG posts. Selling raids has nothing to do with elitism (which is bullshit anyway) and pretending like this is some kind of barrier keeping you from playing the content is practically self sabotage. You people are trying to find every excuse not to raid. The only real argument against this is that it clutters the lfg UI. Make your group or join one of the many training groups that operate outside of the ingame LFG.

And by the way, LFG training groups are rare because they are usually filled with people who don't want to pay attention or to learn and expect people to carry them through their useless build and ignorance. Stop complaining on the forums and actually do something.