PvP/WvW Skill Split Release

Gaile Gray.6029

> @"Funkyshit.9126" said:

> guys overall they want to reduce the passive protection traits so thats why a nerf in fa weaver is needed. Fa weaver can easily destroy ppl in 1-2 secs if they dont act fast or they dont have any protect-block mechanism. All of us have to consider that with the new patch the defense - passive traits will be nerfed quite big and therefore high burst builds gonna hurt a lot

FA Weaver needed a nerf...yes. Core FA didn't right now. I agree with removing some of the instant-cast damage, but this also reduces the long-term dps quite a bit as well. Air-swap procs augment air autos to go from "garbage dps" to "decent sustained dps."

There are two routes that should have been taken:

1. Nerf Plasma Beam (as done), Put a 1 or 2 CD ICD on Fresh air procs, so that fresh air weaver can't get instant double-air procs. This has no impact on core FA.

2. Nerf air-swap procs, but increase access to sustained dps. You can't just decrease burst AND sustained dps of a build at the same time when that is ALL that it has...nerfing both burst and sustained dps make a build like Core-FA so weak than everything can just heal through the damage with no sweat. IMO, the best place to refund some of that damage is to change air autos, (which should get that lost dps from air-swaps, spread over a 4s channel and rebalance the damage to be less back-weighted) and decrease CD on other burst capabilities (like phoenix) since you can't do as large of a burst. These changes keep CORE-FA competitive (but still worse than mesmer/thief), while also nerfing fresh-weaver 100-0 capability.

Core FA can do about 60-70% of anyone's health right now, and then relies on kiting and sustained damage to squea out that last 30-40% dps...which makes for an actually interesting encounter where kiting, healing, counter-pressure, etc. all matter. If Core-FA misses its burst...it takes forever until it can go again. Phoenix, the main burst of core FA has a 20s CD, is an EXTREMELY slow projectile, meaning that you actually need to get about 300 range away (dangerous) and aim properly to get a triple hit or else it doesn't do that much damage. Weaver plasma beam is fire and forget from 900 range...MUCH less risk and much more forgiving. Further, fresh weaver can actually 100-0 people with mostly instant-cast skills, which makes the fight a million-times less interesting than Core-FA. Regardless, the change to electric discharge means there is no reason to run either. If weaver can't 1-shot, there is NO reason to not run thief/mesmer (who have better defense), while if Core-FA loses its burst AND sustained pressure, it is just a really crappy bruiser who can maybe kite for a while but never kill.

• Replies 957
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That feels when they nerf fresh air but it didn't even use stealth like deadeye or mesmer and now will do less damage then those classes : ( why does anet hate elementalist soo much? I have seen ele players on enemy teams play well, but have their team demand that I report them for bringing a terrible class. No one respects elemetnalist in the current meta and people laugh at it. Fresh Air is all we had, and it was already a far worse choice then thief or memser. Impossible to justify these changes to ele, this is just cruel.

How about instead of killing this build, we just fix the infinite range on electric discharge back to 900 ? Please don't report people for playing sword ele in rnaked, it's not thier fault for throwing your game, this balance gives our class no chance. This change is utterly cruel and unfair : ( GOODBYE FRESH AIR ELE, everyone laughed at you but I loved you : (

Electric discharge was only 2k crits on core ele, just fix the range on electric discharge, not the damage, please just nerf plasma beam.

I'm going to go cry into my pillow now and hope for the best that anet loads up metabattles.com for the first time too see how well builds are doing in the meta game for once, freshweaver only had a 72 rating and for good reason, Thief and mesmer can do the same thing much better while having invis and more survivability. Sometimes I wonder if anet does the entire game balance based on in house 1vs1s -_-

> @"Curunen.8729" said:

> > @"Jace al Thor.6745" said:

> > > @"Sodeni.6041" said:

> > > Im really afraid of the mesmer mirage change where illusive mind gives you exhaustion. This means the mesmer can't regenerate endurance at all in this time.

> > >

> > > I think you think mirage is similar to daredevil but thats not right. Mirage still has only 2 endurance bars and has basically no skills that regenerate endurance like daredevil does (daredevil heal, signet, vigor). Mirage only has some vigor and thats it. I think nobody will run illusive mind anymore.

> >

> > You’ll have a few that will continue to use it with exhaustion but most will move to infinite horizon which is going to cause everyone to complain about sword ambush interrupting them all the time.

> > But everyone is so hung up on EM being a stun break that they can see past it.

>

> Yeah Sword ambush with IH has potential to spam more cc than EM breaks, which I find quite funny. When more people switch over to this and IH in general the complaints are going to be just as much if not more than now. Until they nerf that of course...

>

> I'm glad they're nerfing CS because that has needed it for a while, but overall cc spam across all classes in the game should be reduced/limited to a few skills and traits if we're only meant to have a few limited ways of anti-cc.

>

> I'm probably going to be hard headed and continue to use EM even if it ends up with this stupid Exhaustion mechanic making it worse in some ways than not taking a grandmaster trait at all due to how mirage functions, simply because I like having the condi cleanse on dodge.

In sometime,It's better to choose anything than to choose it(even dont choose talent)!mes has no other way to recover

So, you said these changes are made primarily for the sake of seeing build diversity...

Will i be able to play condi engi or any power build wich makes heavy use of kits?, bunker scrapper?, gadget engi?, Kitless engi?, Any new addition that isn't our current meta build?

I say this because i only know engi but you can put this same scenario for other classes...

Let that question sink in, and if your final verdict is no ... You should think about doing something more than just nerfs...

> @"Lighter.5631" said:

> > @"samo.1054" said:

> > > @"Lighter.5631" said:

> > > > @"samo.1054" said:

> > > > This:

> > > > > @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> > > > > - Defy Pain: Increased the cooldown from 60 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP only

> > > > > - Last Stand: Increased the cooldown from 40 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP only

> > > > > - Shrug it Off: Increased the cooldown from 25 seconds to 60 seconds in PvP only

> > > > > - Dead or Alive: Increased the cooldown from 30 seconds to 60 seconds in PvP only

> > > >

> > > > Is lazy design and balancing and it does NOT help with this:

> > > >

> > > > > @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> > > > > Increase build diversity

> > > >

> > > > For the love of Grenth, stop balacing this way. I have nothing against nerfing passives, but what you did there is simply kill off the trait. It's useless! Simple as that. 2 seconds of Defy Pain on a 90 sec cooldown? Think of it and tell me with a straight face that you think that's fine. You keep on nerfing stuff so that you kill it off and when you buff something you overdo it to the point where it's the absolute only right choice to take. If you're going to nerf those passive traits OFFER AN ALTERNATIVE!

> > > >

> > > > The more you do things that way, the more you pigeonhole builds, the more useless traits there are in the game and the harder it will get for you to clean things up.

> > > >

> > > > Stop killing stuff when nerfing, stop being lazy and only adjust cooldowns, change the mechanics, get creative!

> > >

> > > bruh, defense trait is way too good for pvp, it's a must in pvp..since forever....

> > > tbh even with nerf, i doubt there will be any trait line changes in the meta build...

> > > also these traits are way too good compared to the traits of same line....even after nerf, i don't see myself using armored attack or sundering mace...

> > >

> > > btw why this patch is not live yet?.........

> >

> > Tbh, good or not, that's debatable and it wasn't really the point of what I was trying to say. I just think that it's rather sad that we get to pick traits that do something passive for 2 seconds every 90 seconds, not to mention that in WvW for example, passive traits like that can get triggered simply by an annoying aggressive NPC raptor. Players have no control over such trait and I would call that bad design.

> >

> > If they're looking at nerfing passives then I think that they could make that little bit of an extra effort and actually put some creativeness into trait designs instead of just increasing the cooldowns and reducing durations. Boring.

>

> well, friend, if you prefer sundering mace or armored attacked instead of defy pain, nothing is stopping you to use them, lol.

> how is less passive bad design, lol what

> passive itself is already boring, and they are not changing it to active, because there needs to be passive option in the game.

> so less passive up time = less boring...get it?

You're twisting my words around, apply your logic to it, then you add "lol" at the end of it. You dragged the conversation down to a level where I don't really feel like continuing it.

No I disagree with you, 4WD Jeeps are bad for making sausages, lol what? Get it?

> @"Sodeni.6041" said:

> Im really afraid of the mesmer mirage change where illusive mind gives you exhaustion. This means the mesmer can't regenerate endurance at all in this time.

>

> I think you think mirage is similar to daredevil but thats not right. Mirage still has only 2 endurance bars and has basically no skills that regenerate endurance like daredevil does (daredevil heal, signet, vigor). Mirage only has some vigor and thats it. I think nobody will run illusive mind anymore.

There's like 10 times more criple/chill/immob in this game than hard CC. 3 seconds of exhaustion isn't going to do shit. Mirage is still going to be at least A tier after this. Look at how hard all the other POF classes got hit and then take into account that almost all of them were already undertuned compared to Mirage. Mirage got off easy.

> @"FtoPScrub.5476" said:

> > @"Sodeni.6041" said:

> > Im really afraid of the mesmer mirage change where illusive mind gives you exhaustion. This means the mesmer can't regenerate endurance at all in this time.

> >

> > I think you think mirage is similar to daredevil but thats not right. Mirage still has only 2 endurance bars and has basically no skills that regenerate endurance like daredevil does (daredevil heal, signet, vigor). Mirage only has some vigor and thats it. I think nobody will run illusive mind anymore.

>

> There's like 10 times more criple/chill/immob in this game than hard CC. 3 seconds of exhaustion isn't going to do kitten. Mirage is still going to be at least A tier after this. Look at how hard all the other POF classes got hit and then take into account that almost all of them were already undertuned compared to Mirage. Mirage got off easy.

Have you thought about the fact that mirage can dodge when cced without this trait anyway? So why should anyone take this trait if it is going to be harmful for them, when aside from condi cleanse they will be better off *not taking any grandmaster major trait at all* and be able to dodge while cced, maintaining endurance regen?

Exhaustion doesn't make sense due to the way mirage dodge currently functions. Nothing to do with "overpowrered"/"underpowered". It doesn't make sense in terms of design.

They don't give a skritts behind about Elementalist. Not a single viable build and nerfs to Fresh Air an already mediocre build. Do the Devs not play the game? Why is Fresh Air the only mediocre build that Elementalists are forced to play? No Condition build, Support builds fail in comparison to Druids and no Hybrid builds. How can a class that controls the elements have no viable condition build. Please, please Elementalist is the lowest ranking pvp class next to Rev. Yhall ruined the only semi-playable build "Fresh Air Weaver" fix the class. Core Elementalist, Tempest, Weaver fail in support, utility, mobility, damage compared to every other class.

On another note, how about an elite spec for Elementalist that adds weapon swap and the use of the elemental weapon kits? In the way that Engineer use tool kits, or rather. Or even better, overhaul elemental weapons.

> @"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

> You still have the stability available. You just can't braindead spam the skill anymore. Imagine if warriors got adrenal health without hitting the bursts.

> I would go one further and make thrill of the crime boons only be applied on steal hitting.

Side note they can by using long bow so long as the projectile hits the ground they get the stacks

> @"Jace al Thor.6745" said:

> > @"Sodeni.6041" said:

> > Im really afraid of the mesmer mirage change where illusive mind gives you exhaustion. This means the mesmer can't regenerate endurance at all in this time.

> >

> > I think you think mirage is similar to daredevil but thats not right. Mirage still has only 2 endurance bars and has basically no skills that regenerate endurance like daredevil does (daredevil heal, signet, vigor). Mirage only has some vigor and thats it. I think nobody will run illusive mind anymore.

>

> You’ll have a few that will continue to use it with exhaustion but most will move to infinite horizon which is going to cause everyone to complain about sword ambush interrupting them all the time.

> But everyone is so hung up on EM being a stun break that they can see past it.

*raises hand* I'm still gonna use EM. I has lots of vigor to make up for it. The world won't end LOL

> > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > Hey folks!

> >

> > I've been promising a list of edits to our initial post and finally here they are! I'm hoping to get the full list re-translated and posted in all languages by mid next week.

> >

> > A few notes:

> > We'd mentioned several times that we were going to consider unsplitting some things. We decided to hold off on that for now, but we will be considering unsplits for the next full balance release.

> >

> > Keep in mind that balance is a moving target. We know we have more to do!

> >

> > **Warrior**

> > • Rampage: Reduced the cooldown from 180 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP and WvW. Reduced transform duration from 15 seconds to 10 seconds.

> >

> > **Revenant**

> > Skills

> > • Forced Engagement: Reduced the energy cost from 25 to 10. Increased the cooldown from 10 seconds to 15 seconds in PvP and WvW

> >

> > **Thief**

> > Skills

> > • Larcenous Strike: Reduced the power coefficient from 15% in PvP and WvW

> > • We decided not to do the following buffs;

> > • Heartseeker

> > • Shadow Shot

> > • Infiltrator’s Strike

> > Traits

> > • Swindler's Equilibrium: Increased the cooldown from 20 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP and WvW

> >

> > **Ranger**

> > Skills

> > • Seed of Life: Increased the cooldown from 1 second to 3 seconds in PvP only

> > • Rejuvenating Tides: Reduced the base healing per pulse by 15% in PvP only

> > • Solar Beam: Reduced the damage by 17% in PvP only

> > • Celestial Avatar: Increased the cooldown from 15 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP only

> > Traits

> > • Refined Toxins: Increased the cooldown from 5 seconds to 15 seconds in PvP only

> > • Rugged Growth: Reduced the healing by 50% in PvP only

> > • Grace of the Land: Reduced the number of Might stacks applied from 3 to 2 in PvP only

> > • Fortifying Bond: Reduced duration of shared Might stacks from 10 seconds to 5 seconds in PvP only

> > • "We Heal as One!:" Reduced duration of copied Might stacks from 10 seconds to 5 seconds in PvP only

> > • Fresh Reinforcement: Reduced shared Might duration 10 seconds to 5 seconds in PvP only

> >

> > **Engineer**

> > Skills

> > • Light Strike: Reduced the damage by 40% in PvP only

> > • Holo Leap: Reduced the damage by 17% in PvP only

> > • Corona Burst: Reduced the Might stacks granted per pulse from 2 to 1 in PvP only

> > • Holographic Shockwave: Reduced the damage by 22% in PvP only

> > • Detection Pulse radius increased from 600 to 1200 in PvP and WvW.

> >

> > **Elementalist**

> > Skills

> > • Arcane Blast: Reduced the maximum Ammo count from 3 to 2 in PvP and WvW

> > • Plasma Beam: Reduced damage by 20% in PvP and WvW

> > • Tornado: Reduced the cooldown from 150 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP and WvW. Reduced the transform duration from 15 seconds to 10 seconds in PvP and WvW.

> > Traits

> > • Electric Discharge: Reduced the power by 28% in PvP and WvW

> >

> > **Mesmer**

> > Skills

> > • Phantasmal Disenchanter – Increased the cooldown from 20 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP and WvW

> > • Illusionary Riposte: Increased the cooldown from 12 seconds to 15 seconds in PvP and WvW

> > • Illusionary Swordsman: Increased the cooldown from 15 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP and WvW. Decreased the number of might stacks from 8 to 4 in PvP and WvW

> > • Mirror Blade: Reduced damage by 14% in PvP and WvW

> > • Signet of the Ether: Reduced the cooldown from 35 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP and WvW

> > • Illusionary Counter: Reduced the cooldown from 8 seconds to 6 seconds in PvP and WvW

> > • Jaunt: Reduced damage by 50% in PvP and WvW

> > Traits

> > • Elusive Mind: This trait now applies 3 seconds of Exhaustion when breaking a stun

> > • Bountiful Disillusionment: Reduced Stability duration from 5 seconds to 3 seconds in PvP and WvW. Decreased Might stacks from 5 to 3 in PvP and WvW

> > • Mental Anguish: Reduced bonus damages from 15% and 30% to 10% and 20% respectively in PvP and WvW

> > • Confounding Suggestions: Increased cooldown from 5 seconds to 15 seconds in PvP and WvW

> >

> > Edit: Forgot Ramage and Tornado edits in initial posting.

My question is where are the other considerations for necromancer its the only profession not included on this list nor are any notes mentioned about its considerations still being in the thought process or that there were none.

> @"Doctor.1384" said:

> About the forced engagement change

> We still need to not have more cooldowns for rev. It seems like a small change but if we keep getting small cd increases eventually we will lose our class mechanic and just have a resource attached to generic skills. Forced engagement would be perfectly fine on a 10 second cooldown with a 10 energy cost or even a 15 energy cost. If a rev skill cant have a low cd than the skill needs to be reexamined rather then have its cost and cd manipulated.

Agree completely with the cooldown thing. If the cooldowns keep going up, then Rev basically just turns into "any other class but you have to manage a mana pool while playing it".

> @"BlackBeard.2873" said:

> > @"Funkyshit.9126" said:

> > guys overall they want to reduce the passive protection traits so thats why a nerf in fa weaver is needed. Fa weaver can easily destroy ppl in 1-2 secs if they dont act fast or they dont have any protect-block mechanism. All of us have to consider that with the new patch the defense - passive traits will be nerfed quite big and therefore high burst builds gonna hurt a lot

>

> FA Weaver needed a nerf...yes. Core FA didn't right now. I agree with removing some of the instant-cast damage, but this also reduces the long-term dps quite a bit as well. Air-swap procs augment air autos to go from "garbage dps" to "decent sustained dps."

>

> There are two routes that should have been taken:

>

> 1. Nerf Plasma Beam (as done), Put a 1 or 2 CD ICD on Fresh air procs, so that fresh air weaver can't get instant double-air procs. This has no impact on core FA.

> 2. Nerf air-swap procs, but increase access to sustained dps. You can't just decrease burst AND sustained dps of a build at the same time when that is ALL that it has...nerfing both burst and sustained dps make a build like Core-FA so weak than everything can just heal through the damage with no sweat. IMO, the best place to refund some of that damage is to change air autos, (which should get that lost dps from air-swaps, spread over a 4s channel and rebalance the damage to be less back-weighted) and decrease CD on other burst capabilities (like phoenix) since you can't do as large of a burst. These changes keep CORE-FA competitive (but still worse than mesmer/thief), while also nerfing fresh-weaver 100-0 capability.

>

> Core FA can do about 60-70% of anyone's health right now, and then relies on kiting and sustained damage to squea out that last 30-40% dps...which makes for an actually interesting encounter where kiting, healing, counter-pressure, etc. all matter. If Core-FA misses its burst...it takes forever until it can go again. Phoenix, the main burst of core FA has a 20s CD, is an EXTREMELY slow projectile, meaning that you actually need to get about 300 range away (dangerous) and aim properly to get a triple hit or else it doesn't do that much damage. Weaver plasma beam is fire and forget from 900 range...MUCH less risk and much more forgiving. Further, fresh weaver can actually 100-0 people with mostly instant-cast skills, which makes the fight a million-times less interesting than Core-FA. Regardless, the change to electric discharge means there is no reason to run either. If weaver can't 1-shot, there is NO reason to not run thief/mesmer (who have better defense), while if Core-FA loses its burst AND sustained pressure, it is just a really crappy bruiser who can maybe kite for a while but never kill.

This would be a good chance to ask for scepter reworks seen as the insta burst gimmick about to be axed, maybe a ranged hybrid weapon would work best on ele for 900 range, maybe they want ele scepter to be a hybrid range skyrmisher...yes it needs some buffs there and there though.

It would be better for eles if we stop expecting to be a pseudo burst mesmer and try to push for a new spec type

> @"Curunen.8729" said:

> > @"FtoPScrub.5476" said:

> > > @"Sodeni.6041" said:

> > > Im really afraid of the mesmer mirage change where illusive mind gives you exhaustion. This means the mesmer can't regenerate endurance at all in this time.

> > >

> > > I think you think mirage is similar to daredevil but thats not right. Mirage still has only 2 endurance bars and has basically no skills that regenerate endurance like daredevil does (daredevil heal, signet, vigor). Mirage only has some vigor and thats it. I think nobody will run illusive mind anymore.

> >

> > There's like 10 times more criple/chill/immob in this game than hard CC. 3 seconds of exhaustion isn't going to do kitten. Mirage is still going to be at least A tier after this. Look at how hard all the other POF classes got hit and then take into account that almost all of them were already undertuned compared to Mirage. Mirage got off easy.

>

> Have you thought about the fact that mirage can dodge when cced without this trait anyway? So why should anyone take this trait if it is going to be harmful for them, when aside from condi cleanse they will be better off *not taking any grandmaster major trait at all* and be able to dodge while cced, maintaining endurance regen?

>

> Exhaustion doesn't make sense due to the way mirage dodge currently functions. Nothing to do with "overpowrered"/"underpowered". It doesn't make sense in terms of design.

The condi cleanse alone is going to make it worth taking in heavy condi metas. Stunbreak is still important for positioning. You might be able to dodge the damage after a shield bash but you'll have a much harder time kiting the spellbreaker. Not to mention there are several CCs that last longer than .75 seconds. EM is still going to see use, it just won't be as dominant as it is now. If it were up to me EM would have a 15 second CD and Mirage would not be able to dodge while stunned, but 3 seconds of exhaustion is not going to be the EM killer Mirages make it out to be.

I think the one click/passive invulns need more attention than just increasing their cool downs. The issue is with their duration and power within big groups. Turn them into high damage reduction like 70/80% (replaces any protection) or change it to something similar to what the sand lions in the crystal desert have (block the next X amount of attacks) Also mesmsers having a one click invuln and reflect regardless of traits is pretty dumb for a highly mobile burst mage with stealth. Yet Thieves have one evasion passive(which should also be addressed) and no where near the same burst/utility as mesmer.

> @"FtoPScrub.5476" said:

> > @"Curunen.8729" said:

> > > @"FtoPScrub.5476" said:

> > > > @"Sodeni.6041" said:

> > > > Im really afraid of the mesmer mirage change where illusive mind gives you exhaustion. This means the mesmer can't regenerate endurance at all in this time.

> > > >

> > > > I think you think mirage is similar to daredevil but thats not right. Mirage still has only 2 endurance bars and has basically no skills that regenerate endurance like daredevil does (daredevil heal, signet, vigor). Mirage only has some vigor and thats it. I think nobody will run illusive mind anymore.

> > >

> > > There's like 10 times more criple/chill/immob in this game than hard CC. 3 seconds of exhaustion isn't going to do kitten. Mirage is still going to be at least A tier after this. Look at how hard all the other POF classes got hit and then take into account that almost all of them were already undertuned compared to Mirage. Mirage got off easy.

> >

> > Have you thought about the fact that mirage can dodge when cced without this trait anyway? So why should anyone take this trait if it is going to be harmful for them, when aside from condi cleanse they will be better off *not taking any grandmaster major trait at all* and be able to dodge while cced, maintaining endurance regen?

> >

> > Exhaustion doesn't make sense due to the way mirage dodge currently functions. Nothing to do with "overpowrered"/"underpowered". It doesn't make sense in terms of design.

>

> The condi cleanse alone is going to make it worth taking in heavy condi metas. Stunbreak is still important for positioning. You might be able to dodge the damage after a shield bash but you'll have a much harder time kiting the spellbreaker. Not to mention there are several CCs that last longer than .75 seconds. EM is still going to see use, it just won't be as dominant as it is now. If it were up to me EM would have a 15 second CD and Mirage would not be able to dodge while stunned, but 3 seconds of exhaustion is not going to be the EM killer Mirages make it out to be.

If they change the function of mirage dodge to not work when cced unless having Elusive Mind traited, then I can accept Exhaustion on EM.

And part of me does think that is a necessary change that will be made at some point in the future to raise the skill floor of mirage.

For the record it's not about "Exhaustion being the EM killer" - I've stated in previous posts that I will still continue to use EM. It's about the fact that if you dodge a <1s cc effect without EM you will still evade and maintain endurance regen - easy to teleport out for positioning and keep the endurance filling.

Also given how mirage cloak currently works it is possible to dodge in the middle of very short cc effects - ie 1/2 dazes and such. Is being punished with 3s Exhaustion worth it when the cc effect wears off so quickly while you'll evade anyway without EM?

Yes there are a number of >1s cc effects in the game, and this is where EM has its use. But for all the short duration cc it doesn't make sense to have exhaustion.

> @"Tapps.1479" said:

> PLease take a look at soulbeast damage. on ele i'm getting bye 24k maul and 26k worldy impact. Single abilites probably shouldn't be able to do 100% of a characters life

This sounds more like a L2P issue, than one of balance. The only way the ranger is hitting you that hard is if you are running no defense in your gear. Also, there is such a thing as dodge+evade.