I cant find something worth doing

maxx.1279

Hey if you choose to buy the expansions can you use my referral link? I would appreciate it. On the other hand, if you choose to quit the game can I have your stuff? If you choose to neither quit nor buy the expansions can you stop complaining? Blaming Anet for your parsimony is tiresome.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"maxx.1279" said:

> > @"Haleydawn.3764" said:

> > At the time of the OPs purchase, you got what you paid for. It doesn't entitle you to everything else released in a **paid expansion** content. Anet never said they would be available for purchase via Gems (ergo ingame gold). You can *upgrade* any expansion to it's *Deluxe* edition.

>

> I have the deluxe edition

Of which expansion? And if expansion has been purchased, what is the issue?

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > @"maxx.1279" said:

> > > @"Haleydawn.3764" said:

> > > At the time of the OPs purchase, you got what you paid for. It doesn't entitle you to everything else released in a **paid expansion** content. Anet never said they would be available for purchase via Gems (ergo ingame gold). You can *upgrade* any expansion to it's *Deluxe* edition.

> >

> > I have the deluxe edition

>

> Of which expansion? And if expansion has been purchased, what is the issue?

>

>

There is the digital deluxe edition for the base game.

> @"IndigoSundown.5419" said:

> > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > > @"maxx.1279" said:

> > > > @"Haleydawn.3764" said:

> > > > At the time of the OPs purchase, you got what you paid for. It doesn't entitle you to everything else released in a **paid expansion** content. Anet never said they would be available for purchase via Gems (ergo ingame gold). You can *upgrade* any expansion to it's *Deluxe* edition.

> > >

> > > I have the deluxe edition

> >

> > Of which expansion? And if expansion has been purchased, what is the issue?

> >

> >

>

> There is the digital deluxe edition for the base game.

I'm aware of that, as I own it. I thought the response was to the statement that any _expansion_ could be upgraded.

> @"maxx.1279" said:

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > @"maxx.1279" said:

> > > I looked over the videos on GW2 youtube channel and could not actually find any reference to the gem store so even though against my own memory saying every thing would be available for in game currency I could only find them saying "no subscription". so for the time being will have to concede that point.

> >

> > U cant expext a developer to keep giving u content for free.

>

> for the last time i did not ask for any thing for free. and your comment is not related to what I said.

> and you can buy story items for gems.

> The hardest solution (and impermanent) to ask for would be balance. if it comes to the end of this I want balance. so fine balance every possible spec from the core game with every spec from the expansions. or wvw is broken and fractals if what I said wasn't a fair solution. fine balance me.

You _do_ want the expansions for free. You want to "play the game" and use your fake money (gold) to buy fake currency (gems) so you can buy the real software (the expansion) without paying any real money (cash).

"I did not pay cash" is "I got this for free (gratis)."

This is the entire reason why the expansions are not offered in the gem store. So people like you cannot get them _for free_ (i.e.; without paying actual _real money_ that contributes to ArenaNet's _real cash flow_). ArenaNet wants you to plonk down some Andrew Jackson for access to the expansions. That you do not like it does not matter. You can either buy the expansions or you can cope on your lonesome.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > @"Sithis.3564" said:

> > Why are You here if You don't want to support the game?

>

> He already did buying original GW2 at release, therefore he's allowed to post on forums and share his views on the game.

Well, not at release, but he/she _did_ spend at least $10 supporting the game and accessing all the content it offers.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > @"Sithis.3564" said:

> > > Why are You here if You don't want to support the game?

> >

> > He already did buying original GW2 at release, therefore he's allowed to post on forums and share his views on the game.

>

> Well, not at release, but he/she _did_ spend at least $10 supporting the game and accessing all the content it offers.

Thank you for clarification. This way we all get confirmation OP indeed bought his right to comment on the game.

I love how people expect expansions to be on gemstore, so they can grab them with gold. They only ever spoke about you being able to upgrade them to deluxe, not buy the whole expansion.

But you got more than enough for what you paid for if you played that long, so just go and buy the rest.

Plus if you're looking to avoid purchasing with real money and instead get expansions with gold, I don't see why'd they care to serve you if you don't care to buy expansions and support them.

Why would we [people who bought expansions] be the same as people like you who didn't, we paid for it and we should have better than what's in the core game. It's your choice to not buy and have what we do.

edit: and this is mmo, so expansions are to be expected as majority of mmos have them and you should've known/expected that.

> @"Land of Cheese.2584" said:

> > @"maxx.1279" said:

> > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > @"maxx.1279" said:

> > > > I looked over the videos on GW2 youtube channel and could not actually find any reference to the gem store so even though against my own memory saying every thing would be available for in game currency I could only find them saying "no subscription". so for the time being will have to concede that point.

> > >

> > > U cant expext a developer to keep giving u content for free.

> >

> > for the last time i did not ask for any thing for free. and your comment is not related to what I said.

> > and you can buy story items for gems.

> > The hardest solution (and impermanent) to ask for would be balance. if it comes to the end of this I want balance. so fine balance every possible spec from the core game with every spec from the expansions. or wvw is broken and fractals if what I said wasn't a fair solution. fine balance me.

>

> You _do_ want the expansions for free. You want to "play the game" and use your fake money (gold) to buy fake currency (gems) so you can buy the real software (the expansion) without paying any real money (cash).

>

> "I did not pay cash" is "I got this for free (gratis)."

>

> This is the entire reason why the expansions are not offered in the gem store. So people like you cannot get them _for free_ (i.e.; without paying actual _real money_ that contributes to ArenaNet's _real cash flow_). ArenaNet wants you to plonk down some Andrew Jackson for access to the expansions. That you do not like it does not matter. You can either buy the expansions or you can cope on your lonesome.

Just FYI, to point out the obvious slippery slope of this argument:

If buying gems with gold is considered free, then so is buying anything on the gem store considered free. Thus buying keys to open chest is NOT gambling because real currency isn't in exchange, nor is the concept of the RNG mount license grab-bag actually unfair considering the fuss with it is in regards to the concept of gambling for a skin you want but since gold is in-game and you're buying any of that "for free", any obvious arguments about these particular items can sweepingly be ignored.

Is that correct?

> @"Leo G.4501" said:

> > @"Land of Cheese.2584" said:

> > > @"maxx.1279" said:

> > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > @"maxx.1279" said:

> > > > > I looked over the videos on GW2 youtube channel and could not actually find any reference to the gem store so even though against my own memory saying every thing would be available for in game currency I could only find them saying "no subscription". so for the time being will have to concede that point.

> > > >

> > > > U cant expext a developer to keep giving u content for free.

> > >

> > > for the last time i did not ask for any thing for free. and your comment is not related to what I said.

> > > and you can buy story items for gems.

> > > The hardest solution (and impermanent) to ask for would be balance. if it comes to the end of this I want balance. so fine balance every possible spec from the core game with every spec from the expansions. or wvw is broken and fractals if what I said wasn't a fair solution. fine balance me.

> >

> > You _do_ want the expansions for free. You want to "play the game" and use your fake money (gold) to buy fake currency (gems) so you can buy the real software (the expansion) without paying any real money (cash).

> >

> > "I did not pay cash" is "I got this for free (gratis)."

> >

> > This is the entire reason why the expansions are not offered in the gem store. So people like you cannot get them _for free_ (i.e.; without paying actual _real money_ that contributes to ArenaNet's _real cash flow_). ArenaNet wants you to plonk down some Andrew Jackson for access to the expansions. That you do not like it does not matter. You can either buy the expansions or you can cope on your lonesome.

>

> Just FYI, to point out the obvious slippery slope of this argument:

>

> If buying gems with gold is considered free, then so is buying anything on the gem store considered free. Thus buying keys to open chest is NOT gambling because real currency isn't in exchange, nor is the concept of the RNG mount license grab-bag actually unfair considering the fuss with it is in regards to the concept of gambling for a skin you want but since gold is in-game and you're buying any of that "for free", any obvious arguments about these particular items can sweepingly be ignored.

>

> Is that correct?

Idd, with this system in place anet manages to be in a grey area. And technically even if it wasnt a thing it still wouldnt be gambling because the law doesnt take ingame transaction of this kind as gambling yet.

I don't care which solution would happen I named solutions.

The fact that all specs are not baseline is the source of the problem.

and for the people philosophizing on golds value. it is a currency which represents value or worth. it can be traded for other currency. if you did so outside the game spending that in gems would be considered support. a higher price for gems attracts more gem purchases.

I don't look at it one way or the other, but in the end you are selling your time to another player its little different than a job. you do not get the reward from that time

some one else is wearing my legendary I got their cash and spent it on the game.

its a glass half empty half full thing. but unrelated to the issue of weather a game is working. i could buy the xpacs, but then I would face foes who play for free and they would be disadvantaged. I am not interested in an unfair fight. So I wont support it.

> @"maxx.1279" said:

> I don't care which solution would happen I named solutions.

> The fact that all specs are not baseline is the source of the problem.

> and for the people philosophizing on golds value. it is a currency which represents value or worth. it can be traded for other currency. if you did so outside the game spending that in gems would be considered support. a higher price for gems attracts more gem purchases.

> I don't look at it one way or the other, but in the end you are selling your time to another player its little different than a job. you do not get the reward from that time

> some one else is wearing my legendary I got their cash and spent it on the game.

> its a glass half empty half full thing. but unrelated to the issue of weather a game is working. i could buy the xpacs, but then I would face foes who play for free and they would be disadvantaged. I am not interested in an unfair fight. So I wont support it.

And thats enough to justify the content u have fron the base game.

> @"maxx.1279" said:

> and for the people philosophizing on golds value. it is a currency which represents value or worth. it can be traded for other currency. if you did so outside the game spending that in gems would be considered support. a higher price for gems attracts more gem purchases.

> I don't look at it one way or the other, but in the end you are selling your time to another player its little different than a job. you do not get the reward from that time

> some one else is wearing my legendary I got their cash and spent it on the game.

> its a glass half empty half full thing. but unrelated to the issue of weather a game is working. i could buy the xpacs, but then I would face foes who play for free and they would be disadvantaged. I am not interested in an unfair fight. So I wont support it.

And that's an important argument to make. As far as I've known, all players have established a consensus that gems' worth is relative to actual money regardless of how those gems are obtained because "someone somewhere had to pay cash for those gems", many have said.

This is the 1st time I've seen posters here disassociating gems from actual money in a way that equates gems to "fake money". For the longest, players have argued the gem prices of items, bundles and content. As a player who has already purchased all the expansions at the highest possible edition, I literally do not care if someone else buys access to expansion areas/elite specs with gems (you'd obviously prohibit higher edition purchases with gems as those editions are usually bundled with gems...), especially if said access was granted months and months after the initial release.

If we're going to completely divorce gems from "real money", then the same must be done for every ludicrous argument regarding anything gem store related, and there are a lot of them.

> @"Leo G.4501" said:

> And that's an important argument to make. As far as I've known, all players have established a consensus that gems' worth is relative to actual money regardless of how those gems are obtained because "someone somewhere had to pay cash for those gems", many have said.

>

> This is the 1st time I've seen posters here disassociating gems from actual money in a way that equates gems to "fake money". For the longest, players have argued the gem prices of items, bundles and content. As a player who has already purchased all the expansions at the highest possible edition, I literally do not care if someone else buys access to expansion areas/elite specs with gems (you'd obviously prohibit higher edition purchases with gems as those editions are usually bundled with gems...), especially if said access was granted months and months after the initial release.

>

> If we're going to completely divorce gems from "real money", then the same must be done for every ludicrous argument regarding anything gem store related, and there are a lot of them.

What "many people" do is type whatever they think is going to "win" the thread they're currently posting in. There is a vanishing chance that most of the contributors to this forum will ever change their minds, which means there will never be a consensus -- though posters will often assume there is one which happens to agree with their position. At least, with this comment, you're trying to win a different argument than what is being bandied about in this thread -- I don't see that as often.

> @"maxx.1279" said:

So, if that is your bottom line, then what's with all your comments about being able to buy the XPac's in the gem store? Were you able to do so, you would still have the same advantage over "free" players.

> @"Leo G.4501" said:

> > @"maxx.1279" said:

> > I don't care which solution would happen I named solutions.

> > The fact that all specs are not baseline is the source of the problem.

> > and for the people philosophizing on golds value. it is a currency which represents value or worth. it can be traded for other currency. if you did so outside the game spending that in gems would be considered support. a higher price for gems attracts more gem purchases.

> > I don't look at it one way or the other, but in the end you are selling your time to another player its little different than a job. you do not get the reward from that time

> > some one else is wearing my legendary I got their cash and spent it on the game.

> > its a glass half empty half full thing. but unrelated to the issue of weather a game is working. i could buy the xpacs, but then I would face foes who play for free and they would be disadvantaged. I am not interested in an unfair fight. So I wont support it.

>

> And that's an important argument to make. As far as I've known, all players have established a consensus that gems' worth is relative to actual money regardless of how those gems are obtained because "someone somewhere had to pay cash for those gems", many have said.

>

> This is the 1st time I've seen posters here disassociating gems from actual money in a way that equates gems to "fake money". For the longest, players have argued the gem prices of items, bundles and content. As a player who has already purchased all the expansions at the highest possible edition, I literally do not care if someone else buys access to expansion areas/elite specs with gems (you'd obviously prohibit higher edition purchases with gems as those editions are usually bundled with gems...), especially if said access was granted months and months after the initial release.

>

> If we're going to completely divorce gems from "real money", then the same must be done for every ludicrous argument regarding anything gem store related, and there are a lot of them.

I'm not really sure what you're getting at here but I suspect it has to do with some unrelated issue you feel Anet needs to address regarding the gem store. The bottom line in this discussion is that Anet wants cash in exchange for providing an expansion. Using gold to gems to "purchase" an expansion does not leave Anet with more cash on hand. This guy wants expansions without paying cash. The "value" of gems is completely irrelevant. Anet cannot pay the bills with gems. They can with cash.

> @"maxx.1279" said:

And what do you do when you meet somebody who plays with 500 ping? Or 3 fps? What about somebody with an injury or a disability? What do you do when your side outnumbers the enemy side?

> @"IndigoSundown.5419" said:

> > @"Leo G.4501" said:

> > And that's an important argument to make. As far as I've known, all players have established a consensus that gems' worth is relative to actual money regardless of how those gems are obtained because "someone somewhere had to pay cash for those gems", many have said.

> >

> > This is the 1st time I've seen posters here disassociating gems from actual money in a way that equates gems to "fake money". For the longest, players have argued the gem prices of items, bundles and content. As a player who has already purchased all the expansions at the highest possible edition, I literally do not care if someone else buys access to expansion areas/elite specs with gems (you'd obviously prohibit higher edition purchases with gems as those editions are usually bundled with gems...), especially if said access was granted months and months after the initial release.

> >

> > If we're going to completely divorce gems from "real money", then the same must be done for every ludicrous argument regarding anything gem store related, and there are a lot of them.

>

> What "many people" do is type whatever they think is going to "win" the thread they're currently posting in. There is a vanishing chance that most of the contributors to this forum will ever change their minds, which means there will never be a consensus -- though posters will often assume there is one which happens to agree with their position. At least, with this comment, you're trying to win a different argument than what is being bandied about in this thread -- I don't see that as often.

>

> > @"maxx.1279" said:

> > I don't care which solution would happen I named solutions.

> > The fact that all specs are not baseline is the source of the problem.

> > and for the people philosophizing on golds value. it is a currency which represents value or worth. it can be traded for other currency. if you did so outside the game spending that in gems would be considered support. a higher price for gems attracts more gem purchases.

> > I don't look at it one way or the other, but in the end you are selling your time to another player its little different than a job. you do not get the reward from that time

> > some one else is wearing my legendary I got their cash and spent it on the game.

> > its a glass half empty half full thing. but unrelated to the issue of weather a game is working. i could buy the xpacs, but then I would face foes who play for free and they would be disadvantaged. I am not interested in an unfair fight. So I wont support it.

>

> So, if that is your bottom line, then what's with all your comments about being able to buy the XPac's in the gem store? Were you able to do so, you would still have the same advantage over "free" players.

Your accusing me of a bad faith argument, and not addressing what I said when it is totally consistent.

OK I will back it up, I said I am not looking for any thing for free, my compliant was that wvw the game mode I bought the game for is not working or balanced. I said I was willing to pay lots of gems just for access to the specs alone. People kept throwing in red herring and saying I wanted free content, I said keep your story. all I did in that comment was speak about how I would see having the power instead of not having it like in the rest of the thread. I stated my ethical reason for being happy with my decision. why every benefit that would await me convinced me I was right and made a great decision.