Why the nerf to protective ward in WvW too?

Arheundel.6451

> @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> The weakness application makes it too strong against power builds. This is coming from someone who has thousands of hours on the specialization.

>

> If Protective Ward gave protection and/or regeneration as well, the cooldown could be kept the same/reduced and it would be in a much better spot than it is now.

And what do you expect a core ranger/soulbeast to do if dealing with power builds? No stealth, no heal burst...just dodge and paltry regen and prot on dodge so you tell me, you suggest healing nerfs to druid...**but want to keep celestial shadow** so ofc you won't mind getting a nerf to PW, if things go south you stealth and run

They nerf passive traits which is fine...**but they don't touch one-shot builds** which is ridiculous :

-shatter mirage

-s/d thief with unblockable/basilisk larcenous strike

In wvw these builds can hit up to 10k from stealth and no warning...and their burst CD is so low, it can be repeated 4-5s later

> @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> > @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > The weakness application makes it too strong against power builds. This is coming from someone who has thousands of hours on the specialization.

> >

> > If Protective Ward gave protection and/or regeneration as well, the cooldown could be kept the same/reduced and it would be in a much better spot than it is now.

>

> And what do you expect a core ranger/soulbeast to do if dealing with power builds? No stealth, no heal burst...just dodge and paltry regen and prot on dodge so you tell me, you suggest healing nerfs to druid...**but want to keep celestial shadow** so ofc you won't mind getting a nerf to PW, if things go south you stealth and run

>

> They nerf passive traits which is fine...**but they don't touch one-shot builds** which is ridiculous :

> -shatter mirage

> -s/d thief with unblockable/basilisk larcenous strike

>

> In wvw these builds can hit up to 10k from stealth and no warning...and their burst CD is so low, it can be repeated 4-5s later

First, I never mentioned anything about keeping Celestial Shadow.

Second, I just made a thread on how to nerf Celestial Shadow appropriately. You should check it out mate.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/30077/celestial-shadow-celestial-avatar-are-the-main-offenders/p1?new=1

As for core ranger/soulbeast vs. power builds, they can deal with them just fine. The weakness makes it too strong against power builds on the Druid spec, but leaving the protection and possibly adding regeneration as a tradeoff will keep it a viable option. I will hold my stance on that.

Those builds need nerfs as well, but their state of balance shouldn't affect how Druid is changed.

Is this based more on a sPvP perspective Shadowpass? I my experience I've never found the weakness application to be an overtly strong game changer in WvW. Yes its good, as it should be. It is a grandmaster trait after all. However the landscape of WvW allows for far more reset potential which more or less balances out the weakness application, If that makes sense. Although I'll admit I don't know many soulbeasts that run nature magic. That trait line in general is extremely niche in WvW. Maybe more core rangers find it useful for might stacking.

> @"Mr Pin.6728" said:

> Is this based more on a sPvP perspective Shadowpass? I my experience I've never found the weakness application to be an overtly strong game changer in WvW. Yes its good, as it should be. It is a grandmaster trait after all. However the landscape of WvW allows for far more reset potential which more or less balances out the weakness application, If that makes sense. Although I'll admit I don't know many soulbeasts that run nature magic. That trait line in general is extremely niche in WvW. Maybe more core rangers find it useful for might stacking.

Yeah, its from a PvP standpoint. The weakness could remain in WvW since Anet is looking to split the skill balance between PvP and WvW.

In PvP, you're fighting on a small circle, thus the weakness is really hard to avoid. Removing it in PvP altogether would be a great change. And again, leaving the protection and possibly adding regeneration would still retain its viability.

> @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > @"Mr Pin.6728" said:

> > Is this based more on a sPvP perspective Shadowpass? I my experience I've never found the weakness application to be an overtly strong game changer in WvW. Yes its good, as it should be. It is a grandmaster trait after all. However the landscape of WvW allows for far more reset potential which more or less balances out the weakness application, If that makes sense. Although I'll admit I don't know many soulbeasts that run nature magic. That trait line in general is extremely niche in WvW. Maybe more core rangers find it useful for might stacking.

>

> Yeah, its from a PvP standpoint. The weakness could remain in WvW since Anet is looking to split the skill balance between PvP and WvW.

>

> In PvP, you're fighting on a small circle, thus the weakness is really hard to avoid. Removing it in PvP altogether would be a great change. And again, leaving the protection and possibly adding regeneration would still retain its viability.

Yeah but I did state in the title : "WvW" , that's where the one-shot builds are still existing and the balance environment is completely different

> > @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > > @"Mr Pin.6728" said:

> > > Is this based more on a sPvP perspective Shadowpass? I my experience I've never found the weakness application to be an overtly strong game changer in WvW. Yes its good, as it should be. It is a grandmaster trait after all. However the landscape of WvW allows for far more reset potential which more or less balances out the weakness application, If that makes sense. Although I'll admit I don't know many soulbeasts that run nature magic. That trait line in general is extremely niche in WvW. Maybe more core rangers find it useful for might stacking.

> >

> > Yeah, its from a PvP standpoint. The weakness could remain in WvW since Anet is looking to split the skill balance between PvP and WvW.

> >

> > In PvP, you're fighting on a small circle, thus the weakness is really hard to avoid. Removing it in PvP altogether would be a great change. And again, leaving the protection and possibly adding regeneration would still retain its viability.

>

> Yeah but I did state in the title : "WvW" , that's where the one-shot builds are still existing and the balance environment is completely different

Oops lol I missed that, that's fine

> Ranger has no other anti-burst tool behind this trait, especially in WvW...considering core ranger and soulbeast that have no access to stealth by default, this nerf is truly absurd.

And where does it say they protective warden was nerfed for WvW? “Protective Ward: Increased the cooldown from 18 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP only”

Oh and...

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Eternal_Bond

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Stoneform

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_Durability