GW2 lanyards?

Sodeni.6041

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> Doing a Google search turns up links to mostly people showing off their lanyards from events, but there may be some eBay listings, as there is a link there.

>

> Good luck.

Well I want to buy a new lanyard not a used one. Sadly Anet does appearently not sell them :/

> @"ProverbsofHell.2307" said:

> A lanyard? Just kind of curious why one may want that sort of thing.

Lots of people have to carry ID/key cards at work, and/or actual keys and find a lanyard is a useful way to do it, especially if it's an ID card that needs to be visible. And if you have to wear one anyway you may as well personalise it. When they bought key cards in at my work we were all issued plain lanyards and within about a week lots of people had swapped them out for personalised ones, and were discussing and comparing them.

As Inculpatus cedo said I think the GW2 ones are only used by Anet staff and as give-aways at events, so unless you're able to get to a convention where they have a stand (I think E3 is the next one) you'll probably need to buy one from ebay.

> @"Sodeni.6041" said:

> > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > Doing a Google search turns up links to mostly people showing off their lanyards from events, but there may be some eBay listings, as there is a link there.

> >

> > Good luck.

>

> Well I want to buy a new lanyard not a used one. Sadly Anet does appearently not sell them :/

People who sell them don't generally care enough to have used them.

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > @"ProverbsofHell.2307" said:

> > A lanyard? Just kind of curious why one may want that sort of thing.

>

> Lots of people have to carry ID/key cards at work, and/or actual keys and find a lanyard is a useful way to do it, especially if it's an ID card that needs to be visible. And if you have to wear one anyway you may as well personalise it. When they bought key cards in at my work we were all issued plain lanyards and within about a week lots of people had swapped them out for personalised ones, and were discussing and comparing them.

>

> As Inculpatus cedo said I think the GW2 ones are only used by Anet staff and as give-aways at events, so unless you're able to get to a convention where they have a stand (I think E3 is the next one) you'll probably need to buy one from ebay.

Oh it's a shame if they only give them away at events :( Would be amazing if they sold them in their merch shop and I think some people would buy it.

Try suggesting this to the official Swag-vendor for ANet:

[For Fans by Fans](https://www.forfansbyfans.com/fandom/detailView/guildwars2.html)

You can [submit designs](https://community.forfansbyfans.com/m/fan-forge/submission/Guild-Wars-2-Fan-Forge), too.

They have T-Shirts, Mugs, Wallets, Hoodies, Pins, Plushies, Water Bottles, Calendars... all stuff that is easily obtained and re-branded; I imagine it wouldn't be hard to add lanyards to the list.

Also, it's probably not that hard to make your own, by purchasing a plain one and using some sort of heat-applied lettering.

> @"mercury ranique.2170" said:

> Arenane has several of the, and they are used as promotional gifts (and therefor not for sale). For fans by fans could do a custom design one. But the best way to get one is to go to an expo event where arenanet is attending, walk to their boot. Tell them they are awesome and ask if they have one to spare.

Well if it was that easy to get to those expos :/