Living Word Season 4 Episode 2 - "A Bug in the System" Trailer [merged]

Kronos.3695

> @"Arden.7480" said:

> He posted a tweet on Twitter and he said that there is no longer version of this song and these few lines were recorded only for the trailer. But he also said that there is some kind of surprise...

>

Who goes to a studio to record only a few lines?!? They make some of us addicted to a song (like, REALLY addicted! Last time I witnessed that was with JLaws "Hanging Tree" instrumental part) and then tell us luke-warm that we'll eventually never ever get the rest of it so we can hear it in an endless loop of despair and gloominess.

ANet, we need to talk!!! :/ I need that song! Take my money, lots of it, but I need that song!

How much can the production of such a song cost (I know it is quite a lot)? Let's crowdfund the song!

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Plautze.6290" said:

> > @"Arden.7480" said:

> > He posted a tweet on Twitter and he said that there is no longer version of this song and these few lines were recorded only for the trailer. But he also said that there is some kind of surprise...

> >

>

> Who goes to a studio to record only a few lines?!? They make some of us addicted to a song (like, REALLY addicted! Last time I witnessed that was with JLaws "Hanging Tree" instrumental part) and then tell us luke-warm that we'll eventually never ever get the rest of it so we can hear it in an endless loop of despair and gloominess.

> ANet, we need to talk!!! :/ I need that song! Take my money, lots of it, but I need that song!

>

> How much can the production of such a song cost (I know it is quite a lot)? Let's crowdfund the song!

Maybe Maclaine just didn't know the community would like it so much. I doubt they changed the whole song and even wanted to, because "Who needs the light" changed the whole meaning of the original song.

> @"Arden.7480" said:

> > @"Plautze.6290" said:

> > > @"Arden.7480" said:

> > > He posted a tweet on Twitter and he said that there is no longer version of this song and these few lines were recorded only for the trailer. But he also said that there is some kind of surprise...

> > >

> >

> > Who goes to a studio to record only a few lines?!? They make some of us addicted to a song (like, REALLY addicted! Last time I witnessed that was with JLaws "Hanging Tree" instrumental part) and then tell us luke-warm that we'll eventually never ever get the rest of it so we can hear it in an endless loop of despair and gloominess.

> > ANet, we need to talk!!! :/ I need that song! Take my money, lots of it, but I need that song!

> >

> > How much can the production of such a song cost (I know it is quite a lot)? Let's crowdfund the song!

>

> Maybe Maclaine just didn't know the community would like it so much. I doubt they changed the whole song and even wanted to, because "Who needs the light" changed the whole meaning of the original song.

Very likely. He stated that he hates his singing voice and is totally flustered about people praising him for his singing prowess =)

Indeed, the whole song sounds rather like a "Embrace the Darkness" instead of the original song's "We can withstand the Darkness" theme.

Totally. Friggin. Luvit!!!

P.S.: Also, I was only faking annoyance ;) maybe my powers of sarcasm have failed me.

> @"Susy.7529" said:

> I prefer the old format for trailers, this one has too much "funny" taste to me.

> I just hope that the weapon at the end is not the new legendary dagger, it looks like the Centurious Claw (from HoM rewards) slightly reworked...if so then Incinerator is way better imo.

It is,

And it looks like that because its the Claw of Khan Ur.

The centurion’s claw is an imitation, just like the Fiery Dragon Sword is an imitation of Sohothin.

Both in form and function.

> @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> Can we please stop with the “angry”-angle with Braham?

>

> It just isn’t working.

I agree his attitude more cringy or angsty, than grumpy.

But to suddenly quit.. thats like Emperor Palpatine suddenly going _meh.. i’m starting a bakery_

> @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > Can we please stop with the “angry”-angle with Braham?

> >

> > It just isn’t working.

>

> I agree his attitude more cringy or angsty, than grumpy.

> But to suddenly quit.. thats like Emperor Palpatine suddenly going _meh.. i’m starting a bakery_

Braham did nothing worthwile to deserve comparing him to the Emperor.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> > > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > > Can we please stop with the “angry”-angle with Braham?

> > >

> > > It just isn’t working.

> >

> > I agree his attitude more cringy or angsty, than grumpy.

> > But to suddenly quit.. thats like Emperor Palpatine suddenly going _meh.. i’m starting a bakery_

>

> Braham did nothing worthwile to deserve comparing him to the Emperor.

I was talking about how weird it would be to change his attitude suddenly.

> @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> > > > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > > > Can we please stop with the “angry”-angle with Braham?

> > > >

> > > > It just isn’t working.

> > >

> > > I agree his attitude more cringy or angsty, than grumpy.

> > > But to suddenly quit.. thats like Emperor Palpatine suddenly going _meh.. i’m starting a bakery_

> >

> > Braham did nothing worthwile to deserve comparing him to the Emperor.

>

> I was talking about how weird it would be to change his attitude suddenly.

I know, I know, just can't ignore opportunity to remind myself how useless Braham is. Or Rox.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> > > > > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > > > > Can we please stop with the “angry”-angle with Braham?

> > > > >

> > > > > It just isn’t working.

> > > >

> > > > I agree his attitude more cringy or angsty, than grumpy.

> > > > But to suddenly quit.. thats like Emperor Palpatine suddenly going _meh.. i’m starting a bakery_

> > >

> > > Braham did nothing worthwile to deserve comparing him to the Emperor.

> >

> > I was talking about how weird it would be to change his attitude suddenly.

>

> I know, I know, just can't ignore opportunity to remind myself how useless Braham is. Or Rox.

I'd like to say that Rox isn't useless at all. She's the only one without an explosive personality, and would probably carry out any assignment efficiently.

I actually like to have a member who isn't as explosive as taimi on drugs having an argument with a drunk Braham

My LOVE!!! BRAHAM!! *grabby hands*

let my Norn Marry him please?

Maybe she'll fix his attitude if u know what i mean ;D

No seriously though, im excited af.

But not so excited about that so called "Legendary" dagger - I know it's lore related to Charr and supposed to be the Khan-Ur's claw but it better be just as awesome as the incinerator in other visuals. Not just a shine...

Glad I went ahead and made the Nevermore instead of waiting for that disappointment. But I'll still get mats ready for it's release, and if it truly does suck as much as it does in the video then ill just make Sharur.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > > Can we please stop with the “angry”-angle with Braham?

> > >

> > > It just isn’t working.

> >

> > I agree his attitude more cringy or angsty, than grumpy.

> > But to suddenly quit.. thats like Emperor Palpatine suddenly going _meh.. i’m starting a bakery_

>

> Braham did nothing worthwile to deserve comparing him to the Emperor.

Agreed. He's whiny and bitter because of the whole "mistaken identity" thing and the fact that we can't/won't kill Jormag. He's more first-half-of-RotS-Anakin if anything ;) I get that he still has mommy issues to work out, but he's a grown man and needs to act like it. I just replayed LWS2 and he was super cool, Taimi's "big brother" and one of the PC's go-to sounding boards (the other being Jory). I miss that Braham. At this point I wouldn't be surprised by a full betrayal.

But the trailer! OUCH, MY HEART! It was put together so well, especially compared to the last one. The tone shift was great. The juxtaposition of the campy intro of the team with the dark new "Fear Not This Night" was chilling. Don't make me think of good times and then show me Rytlock (hopefully) unconscious in an asura lab, ANet! I can't lose another friend ;_; Anywho, I'm quite excited after this.

> @"moonkenzie.5218" said:

> > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> > > > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > > > Can we please stop with the “angry”-angle with Braham?

> > > >

> > > > It just isn’t working.

> > >

> > > I agree his attitude more cringy or angsty, than grumpy.

> > > But to suddenly quit.. thats like Emperor Palpatine suddenly going _meh.. i’m starting a bakery_

> >

> > Braham did nothing worthwile to deserve comparing him to the Emperor.

>

> Agreed. He's whiny and bitter because of the whole "mistaken identity" thing and the fact that we can't/won't kill Jormag. He's more first-half-of-RotS-Anakin if anything ;) I get that he still has mommy issues to work out, but he's a grown man and needs to act like it. I just replayed LWS2 and he was super cool, Taimi's "big brother" and one of the PC's go-to sounding boards (the other being Jory). I miss that Braham. At this point I wouldn't be surprised by a full betrayal.

omg you are right, Braham is Anakin! I hope he hates sand too.

> @"SnowHawk.3615" said:

> > @"Crossaber.8934" said:

> > Wait, why am i think the legendary dagger looks so familiar...

> >

> > O yes, this https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Centurions_Claw_(skin)

> >

> >

>

> It's lore related to Charr, Claw of the Khan-Ur.

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Claw_of_the_Khan-Ur

I know about lore. But aesthetic wise, it do not need to looks so much like the centurions claw in shape.

There is a lot of ways to define the shape from the lore description in order looks more unique: longer forward blade/ shorter upwards blade but longer downward blade, short forward blade longer backward blade, forward blade lean more toward front angled etc.

There are many design direction freedom besides making it looks 90% similar to a free skin.

> @"Crossaber.8934" said:

> > @"SnowHawk.3615" said:

> > > @"Crossaber.8934" said:

> > > Wait, why am i think the legendary dagger looks so familiar...

> > >

> > > O yes, this https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Centurions_Claw_(skin)

> > >

> > >

> >

> > It's lore related to Charr, Claw of the Khan-Ur.

> > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Claw_of_the_Khan-Ur

>

> I know about lore. But aesthetic wise, it do not need to looks so much like the centurions claw in shape.

>

> There is a lot of ways to define the shape from the lore description in order looks more unique: longer forward blade/ shorter upwards blade but longer downward blade, short forward blade longer backward blade, forward blade lean more toward front angled etc.

>

> There are many design direction freedom besides making it looks 90% similar to a free skin.

I agree it's kinda.. idk unoriginal!

I just re-read the GoA book. The Claw is described as 'too heavy and too bulky' for Dougal to carry on his back. At the same time he has no problem carrying a full sized sword at his side. Also it is so heavy that it is able to blow aside a heavy charr sword in a charr's hand. That is simply not possible with a dagger sized weapon. Also Dougal blocks the claw with his sword but it still cuts his leg.

Please go and compare dagger and sword sizes. If you'd block a 4 bladed dagger with your sword there would be 0 chance for your opponent to cut your leg.

So all in all, if this new legendary dagger is called 'Claw of the Khan Ur' I will have 0 respect for any lore/story people at arenanet left in my soul.

Apart from the problem of putting such an important artifact into every players hand. Which yells serious lack of taste on the top of its lungs.