New hairstyles/ Faces update soon?

Chasind.3128

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as I'm concerned Anet is missing out on a huge "cash cow", much like the mount skin options, for not offering more customization in game. Total makeover kits are good ... but not great. They could make "Appearance Packages" that include several new hairstyles, horns, tattoos, eye colors etc etc race specific if need be and make a ton of money through gem sales. The community has been asking for more customization for years and why Anet chooses not to cash in on this is makes me squint with confusion. They have to keep the lights on somehow ... its not like they dont know what we want ffs lol

> @"Amli.8243" said:

> I just noticed that one of the hairstyle linked in this thread are already used ingame in the raid Hall of Chains. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Priestess_Corpse.jpg

> Shouldn't be that hard to let us use it then :open_mouth:

You want to be frustrated further?

A couple of years ago in Lions Arch I saw a female character with this hairstyle. I KNEW it was not in the makeover kits because I use them all the time. She said that there was a "bug" of sorts with her self style hair kit and that this hairstyle , along with a few others was available. She said she would never change her hair because the bug had been fixed since ... I have never seen her again but not only is it available on an NPC now but someone has already had this hairstyle in game! It makes me wonder just how many they have saved on some Dev's computer and are just like .... deciding that the community doesnt need cosmetics to enjoy the game LOL (not 100% fashion wars but it doesnt hurt either!)

> @"SnowHawk.3615" said:

> I want NORDIC hairstyles for Norn, that are not shared with any other races. The whole hair sharing thing, is kitten lazy- and uncreative altogether. Norns get the weeb flower hair- wow really putting the initiative in there anet.

The styles from the kit are incredibly Nordic, but most of the ones on the default that are don't look good.

> @"MikeL.8260" said:

> I would rather have a race change option..

That would be fantastic. No it wouldn't be necessary to worry about the early personal story imo. Just do it like FFXIV's Fantasias. They make you remove all gear and log-out then back in to basically recreate your character as if you were doing it brand new. Once you're done you load in and go on from where you were.

> @"Chasind.3128" said:

> > @"Tora.7214" said:

> > i´m still waiting that someday we get an update that gives Charrs the blue colored fur style of Korukhan the Blacksmith https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Korukhan_the_Blacksmith.jpg

>

> you can pick it; it's one of the charcoal options just use pale greyish spots- it comes off blue

hmm, can you be more spesific? i cant seem to find the right combination in the makeover preview npc

> @"Chasind.3128" said:

> > @"Tora.7214" said:

> > i´m still waiting that someday we get an update that gives Charrs the blue colored fur style of Korukhan the Blacksmith https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Korukhan_the_Blacksmith.jpg

>

> you can pick it; it's one of the charcoal options just use pale greyish spots- it comes off blue

Saddly no, im using the fur color thats supposed to be "blue" on my charr right now and im 100% grey. That blue option is unchoosable, as is the "pink" option that a few of the NPCs run around with.

While I'm here again, I'd like to kindly ask or maybe even BEG that if new hairstyles and faces get implemented, could they not look absolutely horrible and goofy? I'd like to actually USE the new things that get put in, and honestly some of the hairstyles are just..why?

Also obligatory request for longer (not obnoxious) hairstyles for Sylvari and Asura.

> @"Swing.6439" said:

> While I'm here again, I'd like to kindly ask or maybe even BEG that if new hairstyles and faces get implemented, could they not look absolutely horrible and goofy? I'd like to actually USE the new things that get put in, and honestly some of the hairstyles are just..why?

> Also obligatory request for longer (not obnoxious) hairstyles for Sylvari and Asura.

This 100%