Mastery lines will not change!

My mastery line in central tyria under fractals is filled but I do not have any mastery points to spend for the line. My problem is trying to go to hot lines/lean gliding will not activate to finish filling that line. I made sure my personal story was started over for hot and that didn't help either. I thought we could hop back and forth between lines but when I try to activate the lean gliding line it will not move to that and it just keeps the full tyria line there. What am I doing wrong? I am clicking on the lines to activate them as I have done it before without a line being completely full. I hope someone understands what I am going through and has some kind of an answer for me. Thanks in advance for any help!

HoT masteries and Central Tyria masteries are very separate from each other, to an extreme: When you're in Central Tyria maps, only Central Tyria masteries gain experience; when you're in HoT maps, only HoT maps gain experience. _Additionally_, Central Tyria has its own set of Mastery Points that you can earn and they can only be spent on Central Tyria masteries; likewise for HoT.

So, if you've unlocked the HoT mastery for gliding by completing the first portion of the HoT story (and it sounds like you have), you can level up those masteries by:

1. Gaining enough experience in the HoT maps to complete that experience bar.

2. Gather HoT Mastery Points from HoT maps, achievements, and story completion.

3. Spend your HoT Mastery Points on the HoT mastery.

Yes, it's confusing; yes, I wish the UI was more self explanatory; yes, we're willing to answer any questions you may still have ;). Also, you can try to check out the wiki page on [Masteries](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mastery "Masteries").

> @"Greener.6204" said:

> HoT masteries and Central Tyria masteries are very separate from each other, to an extreme: When you're in Central Tyria maps, only Central Tyria masteries gain experience; when you're in HoT maps, only HoT maps gain experience. _Additionally_, Central Tyria has its own set of Mastery Points that you can earn and they can only be spent on Central Tyria masteries; likewise for HoT.

>

> So, if you've unlocked the HoT mastery for gliding by completing the first portion of the HoT story (and it sounds like you have), you can level up those masteries by:

>

> 1. Gaining enough experience in the HoT maps to complete that experience bar.

> 2. Gather HoT Mastery Points from HoT maps, achievements, and story completion.

> 3. Spend your HoT Mastery Points on the HoT mastery.

>

> Yes, it's confusing; yes, I wish the UI was more self explanatory; yes, we're willing to answer any questions you may still have ;). Also, you can try to check out the wiki page on [Masteries](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mastery "Masteries").

I know that but it will not change to or level hot's lines even though I moved to hot's zones. I have totally finished my hot story line and between jumping around with alts the tyria lines won't change when I try to make the hot lines come back up. It's highlighted but I have been stuck at 63% for lean/gliding after playing all day even though I changed to that, the full bar for tyria will not go away no matter how many times I click on gliding lean techniques. I have jumped back and forth before with no problems. I have already spent 96 mastery points.

> @"lunarminx.3624" said:

>

> > @"Greener.6204" said:

> > HoT masteries and Central Tyria masteries are very separate from each other, to an extreme: When you're in Central Tyria maps, only Central Tyria masteries gain experience; when you're in HoT maps, only HoT maps gain experience. _Additionally_, Central Tyria has its own set of Mastery Points that you can earn and they can only be spent on Central Tyria masteries; likewise for HoT.

> >

> > So, if you've unlocked the HoT mastery for gliding by completing the first portion of the HoT story (and it sounds like you have), you can level up those masteries by:

> >

> > 1. Gaining enough experience in the HoT maps to complete that experience bar.

> > 2. Gather HoT Mastery Points from HoT maps, achievements, and story completion.

> > 3. Spend your HoT Mastery Points on the HoT mastery.

> >

> > Yes, it's confusing; yes, I wish the UI was more self explanatory; yes, we're willing to answer any questions you may still have ;). Also, you can try to check out the wiki page on [Masteries](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mastery "Masteries").

>

> I know that but it will not change to or level hot's lines even though I moved to hot's zones. I have totally finished my hot story line and between jumping around with alts the tyria lines won't change when I try to make the hot lines come back up. It's highlighted but I have been stuck at 63% for lean/gliding after playing all day even though I changed to that, the full bar for tyria will not go away no matter how many times I click on gliding lean techniques. I have jumped back and forth before with no problems. I have already spent 96 mastery points.

You don't seem to be understanding...

YOU don't have to jump manually to anything. When you're in Core Tyria maps (Silverwastes, Dry Top, Southsun, Magguma Jungle, Kryta, Shiverpeaks, Ascalon and Orr) the game will start giving you CORE TYRIA Mastery experience for the Core Tyria Mastery you have in training (a check mark shows on the icon on the left side of the mastery). When you go to HoT Maps (Verdant Brink, Auric Basin, Tangled Depths, Dragon Stand and all the LW Season3 maps) you're getting Heart of Magguma Mastery Experience for whatever HoMaguuma/HoT Mastery you're training, that's done automatically.

> @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > @"lunarminx.3624" said:

> >

> > > @"Greener.6204" said:

> > > HoT masteries and Central Tyria masteries are very separate from each other, to an extreme: When you're in Central Tyria maps, only Central Tyria masteries gain experience; when you're in HoT maps, only HoT maps gain experience. _Additionally_, Central Tyria has its own set of Mastery Points that you can earn and they can only be spent on Central Tyria masteries; likewise for HoT.

> > >

> > > So, if you've unlocked the HoT mastery for gliding by completing the first portion of the HoT story (and it sounds like you have), you can level up those masteries by:

> > >

> > > 1. Gaining enough experience in the HoT maps to complete that experience bar.

> > > 2. Gather HoT Mastery Points from HoT maps, achievements, and story completion.

> > > 3. Spend your HoT Mastery Points on the HoT mastery.

> > >

> > > Yes, it's confusing; yes, I wish the UI was more self explanatory; yes, we're willing to answer any questions you may still have ;). Also, you can try to check out the wiki page on [Masteries](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mastery "Masteries").

> >

> > I know that but it will not change to or level hot's lines even though I moved to hot's zones. I have totally finished my hot story line and between jumping around with alts the tyria lines won't change when I try to make the hot lines come back up. It's highlighted but I have been stuck at 63% for lean/gliding after playing all day even though I changed to that, the full bar for tyria will not go away no matter how many times I click on gliding lean techniques. I have jumped back and forth before with no problems. I have already spent 96 mastery points.

>

> You don't seem to be understanding...

> YOU don't have to jump manually to anything. When you're in Core Tyria maps (Silverwastes, Dry Top, Southsun, Magguma Jungle, Kryta, Shiverpeaks, Ascalon and Orr) the game will start giving you CORE TYRIA Mastery experience for the Core Tyria Mastery you have in training (a check mark shows on the icon on the left side of the mastery). When you go to HoT Maps (Verdant Brink, Auric Basin, Tangled Depths, Dragon Stand and all the LW Season3 maps) you're getting Heart of Magguma Mastery Experience for whatever HoMaguuma/HoT Mastery you're training, that's done automatically.

I understand what you are saying. What I am saying is I was stuck at 63% trying to fill lean gliding all in hot maps and it never budged. Even the experience bar didn't change to the gliding as the gliding bar should have been only a 8th through it, the bar stayed full. Hours of fighting and events never moved the gliding bar past 63%. So it did not switch automatically and even opening training and trying to click on it didn't change it.