How do I deal with Mesmers

MiGFiD.1760

> @"Arlette.9684" said:

> > @"Jannie.2975" said:

> > I am with you, OP. My strategy against Mesmers is to simply use all my dodges and escapes to gain as much distance as I can as soon as I see one from afar. I just run as far away as I can. To me the Mesmer is so overpowered that the best strategy is to avoid them at all costs. Leave them the points, avoid all fights, just run. Our only hope is that ANet brings the Mesmer down to the level of the other classes. There is nothing else we can do at this point.

>

> If you’re having problem with Mesmers in their current state, I’m sorry to say this but it’s an l2p issue. I recommend you make one and play it for a few months. Study your enemy don’t just come here to complain.

> Your comment history shows obvious bias against Mesmer cuz you’d rather come here and troll over and over, instead of learning how to play against it.

Don't bother with this one. They recently got banned for spamming Mesmer comments and they obviously haven't bothered to change that habit.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Arlette.9684" said:

> > @"Jannie.2975" said:

> > I am with you, OP. My strategy against Mesmers is to simply use all my dodges and escapes to gain as much distance as I can as soon as I see one from afar. I just run as far away as I can. To me the Mesmer is so overpowered that the best strategy is to avoid them at all costs. Leave them the points, avoid all fights, just run. Our only hope is that ANet brings the Mesmer down to the level of the other classes. There is nothing else we can do at this point.

>

> If you’re having problem with Mesmers in their current state, I’m sorry to say this but it’s an l2p issue. I recommend you make one and play it for a few months. Study your enemy don’t just come here to complain.

> Your comment history shows obvious bias against Mesmer cuz you’d rather come here and troll over and over, instead of learning how to play against it.

Good work, big thumbs up!

OP - if you want to learn how to counter Mesmer, firstly spend a few hours in 1v1 arenas where you can find many good Mesmers to fight against. Secondly create a Mesmer and learn the basics by actually playing the class. Then repeat and after some time you’ll have a good time fighting against them. After the latest patch condi got trimmed, pwr shatter is predictable and chrono is just a ‘sweet’ memory. :) (though ppl want to see this class deleted anyways)

Realistically? You can't. This class has been disgustingly low-key low skill class every since the beginning of the game.

They can spam evades while they bait your evades, they can portal if god forbid they screw up on an already easy class, and god forbid that the Mesmer has insane reaction time. Literally one of the most cancerous classes since launch. They do have builds that are reasonable and take skill, but mesmer "meta" builds generally are just evade spamming and landing insta-cast shatters when the guy has no evades left. Zero skill class, don't let anybody fool you that mesmer takes skill, it really doesn't.

P.S People saying there are "tells" on Mesmer attacks are absolute garbage on classes that take real effort. They would get destroyed if this was 2015 before HoT. That's how low skill these "mesmers" defending their class actually are.

> @"Schwahrheit.4203" said:

> Realistically? You can't. This class has been disgustingly low-key low skill class every since the beginning of the game.

>

> They can spam evades while they bait your evades, they can portal if god forbid they screw up on an already easy class, and god forbid that the Mesmer has insane reaction time. Literally one of the most cancerous classes since launch. They do have builds that are reasonable and take skill, but mesmer "meta" builds generally are just evade spamming and landing insta-cast shatters when the guy has no evades left. Zero skill class, don't let anybody fool you that mesmer takes skill, it really doesn't.

>

> P.S People saying there are "tells" on Mesmer attacks are absolute garbage on classes that take real effort. They would get destroyed if this was 2015 before HoT. That's how low skill these "mesmers" defending their class actually are.

Looks like someone here hasn't learned to bait dodges or cleave clones.

> @"Arlette.9684" said:

> > @"Jannie.2975" said:

>

There is no counterplay to Mesmer. Counterplay implies that ANY character or any build can "counter" the Mesmer with a specific "playstyle". That's why it is called "counterplay". If you think that it is all about "L2P" and that I must be total noob without clue, what about you meeting up with me ingame? By that you can also see my rank for yourself, too, which will put things into perspective. That being said, let's meet ingame and you can prove to me that "counterplay" exists to the Mesmer. I am pretty sure that such a thing does not exist or else I would have seen it by now. Contact me, let's get in touch and let deeds speak, not empty words on the forum.

P.S: I main Mesmer. I am absolutely familiar with that Mesmer class. When I play Mesmer in PvP, I feel like a wolf among sheep. It is my absolute conviction that the Mesmer is the uncountered god of GW2 PvP. I have many other Mesmer main friends who would publicly say that Mesmer is totally "fine", yet when we talk in private then we all laugh and joke about how OP the Mesmer is and we all know it.

> @"Jannie.2975" said:

> > @"Arlette.9684" said:

> > > @"Jannie.2975" said:

> > > I am with you, OP. My strategy against Mesmers is to simply use all my dodges and escapes to gain as much distance as I can as soon as I see one from afar. I just run as far away as I can. To me the Mesmer is so overpowered that the best strategy is to avoid them at all costs. Leave them the points, avoid all fights, just run. Our only hope is that ANet brings the Mesmer down to the level of the other classes. There is nothing else we can do at this point.

> >

> > If you’re having problem with Mesmers in their current state, I’m sorry to say this but it’s an l2p issue. I recommend you make one and play it for a few months. Study your enemy don’t just come here to complain.

> > Your comment history shows obvious bias against Mesmer cuz you’d rather come here and troll over and over, instead of learning how to play against it.

>

> There is no counterplay to Mesmer. Counterplay implies that ANY character or any build can "counter" the Mesmer with a specific "playstyle". That's why it is called "counterplay". If you think that it is all about "L2P" and that I must be total noob without clue, what about you meeting up with me ingame? By that you can also see my rank for yourself, too, which will put things into perspective. That being said, let's meet ingame and you can prove to me that "counterplay" exists to the Mesmer. I am pretty sure that such a thing does not exist or else I would have seen it by now. Contact me, let's get in touch and let deeds speak, not empty words on the forum.

> P.S: I main Mesmer. I am absolutely familiar with that Mesmer class. When I play Mesmer in PvP, I feel like a wolf among sheep. It is my absolute conviction that the Mesmer is the uncountered god of GW2 PvP. I have many other Mesmer main friends who would publicly say that Mesmer is totally "fine", yet when we talk in private then we all laugh and joke about how OP the Mesmer is and we all know it.

I’d be more than happy to school you for an hour or two, however I’m being told you play on EU.

With that being said, there's a plethora of talented Mesmers playing on EU, I'm sure a lot of them would be delighted to show you the error of your ways.

> @"Arlette.9684" said:

> > @"Jannie.2975" said:

> > > @"Arlette.9684" said:

> > > > @"Jannie.2975" said:

> > > > I am with you, OP. My strategy against Mesmers is to simply use all my dodges and escapes to gain as much distance as I can as soon as I see one from afar. I just run as far away as I can. To me the Mesmer is so overpowered that the best strategy is to avoid them at all costs. Leave them the points, avoid all fights, just run. Our only hope is that ANet brings the Mesmer down to the level of the other classes. There is nothing else we can do at this point.

> > >

> > > If you’re having problem with Mesmers in their current state, I’m sorry to say this but it’s an l2p issue. I recommend you make one and play it for a few months. Study your enemy don’t just come here to complain.

> > > Your comment history shows obvious bias against Mesmer cuz you’d rather come here and troll over and over, instead of learning how to play against it.

> >

> > There is no counterplay to Mesmer. Counterplay implies that ANY character or any build can "counter" the Mesmer with a specific "playstyle". That's why it is called "counterplay". If you think that it is all about "L2P" and that I must be total noob without clue, what about you meeting up with me ingame? By that you can also see my rank for yourself, too, which will put things into perspective. That being said, let's meet ingame and you can prove to me that "counterplay" exists to the Mesmer. I am pretty sure that such a thing does not exist or else I would have seen it by now. Contact me, let's get in touch and let deeds speak, not empty words on the forum.

> > P.S: I main Mesmer. I am absolutely familiar with that Mesmer class. When I play Mesmer in PvP, I feel like a wolf among sheep. It is my absolute conviction that the Mesmer is the uncountered god of GW2 PvP. I have many other Mesmer main friends who would publicly say that Mesmer is totally "fine", yet when we talk in private then we all laugh and joke about how OP the Mesmer is and we all know it.

>

> I’d be more than happy to school you for an hour or two, however I’m being told you play on EU.

> With that being said, there's a plethora of talented Mesmers playing on EU, I'm sure a lot of them would be delighted to show you the error of your ways.

It wouldn't help. People with that type of gimme mentality don't try and get better. They'll just come back to the forums and complain some more

I'm playing a deadeye, which lets me to cast mark on clones/phantasms and get it instantly recharged, proccing mercy/mug/improvisation/BQoBK/TotC/BT, While mesmer wastes his defenses trying to predict "the steal" i'm building a bulk of boons and quickness and then destroy it in 1-2 burst.

If you're 1v1 and it's a really good mesmer then you probably aren't going to win if you're not also a really good mesmer, unless you're a really good thief.

If you play core guard, one thing I've tried that seems to work on average mesmers is to teleport in with focus 5 and sword 2 after casting the first virtue, cast focus 4, and then when they stealth, auto attack for a second with sword, then switch to scepter/shield and push them back with shield 5, use scepter 3 to immobilize them, scepter 2 and shield 4, for some damage, then go from there with meditations to heal, cleanse conditions and do some extra damage. It doesn't always work and you kind of have to just think through each fight to see what would work best, but it's an option for the more average player like me lol.

I could also give some advice on what to do if you want to try fighting one with a scrapper or fresh air Weaver, but it's hard and you have to majorly out play the mesmer to win on those lol.

> @"Arlette.9684" said:

> > @"Jannie.2975" said:

> > > @"Arlette.9684" said:

> > > > @"Jannie.2975" said:

> > > > I am with you, OP. My strategy against Mesmers is to simply use all my dodges and escapes to gain as much distance as I can as soon as I see one from afar. I just run as far away as I can. To me the Mesmer is so overpowered that the best strategy is to avoid them at all costs. Leave them the points, avoid all fights, just run. Our only hope is that ANet brings the Mesmer down to the level of the other classes. There is nothing else we can do at this point.

> > >

> > > If you’re having problem with Mesmers in their current state, I’m sorry to say this but it’s an l2p issue. I recommend you make one and play it for a few months. Study your enemy don’t just come here to complain.

> > > Your comment history shows obvious bias against Mesmer cuz you’d rather come here and troll over and over, instead of learning how to play against it.

> >

> > There is no counterplay to Mesmer. Counterplay implies that ANY character or any build can "counter" the Mesmer with a specific "playstyle". That's why it is called "counterplay". If you think that it is all about "L2P" and that I must be total noob without clue, what about you meeting up with me ingame? By that you can also see my rank for yourself, too, which will put things into perspective. That being said, let's meet ingame and you can prove to me that "counterplay" exists to the Mesmer. I am pretty sure that such a thing does not exist or else I would have seen it by now. Contact me, let's get in touch and let deeds speak, not empty words on the forum.

> > P.S: I main Mesmer. I am absolutely familiar with that Mesmer class. When I play Mesmer in PvP, I feel like a wolf among sheep. It is my absolute conviction that the Mesmer is the uncountered god of GW2 PvP. I have many other Mesmer main friends who would publicly say that Mesmer is totally "fine", yet when we talk in private then we all laugh and joke about how OP the Mesmer is and we all know it.

>

> I’d be more than happy to school you for an hour or two, however I’m being told you play on EU.

> With that being said, there's a plethora of talented Mesmers playing on EU, I'm sure a lot of them would be delighted to show you the error of your ways.

I already know how to play Mesmer, I main it. I think I already mentioned that. Please read the comment you quoted with more attention and in context. My argument was totally different.

> @"Jannie.2975" said:

> > @"Arlette.9684" said:

> > > @"Jannie.2975" said:

> > > > @"Arlette.9684" said:

> > > > > @"Jannie.2975" said:

> > > > > I am with you, OP. My strategy against Mesmers is to simply use all my dodges and escapes to gain as much distance as I can as soon as I see one from afar. I just run as far away as I can. To me the Mesmer is so overpowered that the best strategy is to avoid them at all costs. Leave them the points, avoid all fights, just run. Our only hope is that ANet brings the Mesmer down to the level of the other classes. There is nothing else we can do at this point.

> > > >

> > > > If you’re having problem with Mesmers in their current state, I’m sorry to say this but it’s an l2p issue. I recommend you make one and play it for a few months. Study your enemy don’t just come here to complain.

> > > > Your comment history shows obvious bias against Mesmer cuz you’d rather come here and troll over and over, instead of learning how to play against it.

> > >

> > > There is no counterplay to Mesmer. Counterplay implies that ANY character or any build can "counter" the Mesmer with a specific "playstyle". That's why it is called "counterplay". If you think that it is all about "L2P" and that I must be total noob without clue, what about you meeting up with me ingame? By that you can also see my rank for yourself, too, which will put things into perspective. That being said, let's meet ingame and you can prove to me that "counterplay" exists to the Mesmer. I am pretty sure that such a thing does not exist or else I would have seen it by now. Contact me, let's get in touch and let deeds speak, not empty words on the forum.

> > > P.S: I main Mesmer. I am absolutely familiar with that Mesmer class. When I play Mesmer in PvP, I feel like a wolf among sheep. It is my absolute conviction that the Mesmer is the uncountered god of GW2 PvP. I have many other Mesmer main friends who would publicly say that Mesmer is totally "fine", yet when we talk in private then we all laugh and joke about how OP the Mesmer is and we all know it.

> >

> > I’d be more than happy to school you for an hour or two, however I’m being told you play on EU.

> > With that being said, there's a plethora of talented Mesmers playing on EU, I'm sure a lot of them would be delighted to show you the error of your ways.

>

> I already know how to play Mesmer, I main it. I think I already mentioned that. Please read the comment you quoted with more attention and in context. My argument was totally different.

Me ignoring your claim, doesn’t mean I didn’t read it. It just means I didn’t believe it :wink:

> @"MiGFiD.1760" said:

> I'm not even sure what to do with all that heckin' invulnerability, dodges, clones, and damage at the same time.

One of the best advice I can give you is to play Mesmer so you can try to counter them on other classes, another thing is to keep the pressure on them, I main Mesmer and fighting engis are most time hectic for me because of how aggressive they are.

> @"Kako.1930" said:

> If you're 1v1 and it's a really good mesmer then you probably aren't going to win if you're not also a really good mesmer, unless you're a really good thief.

>

> If you play core guard, one thing I've tried that seems to work on average mesmers is to teleport in with focus 5 and sword 2 after casting the first virtue, cast focus 4, and then when they stealth, auto attack for a second with sword, then switch to scepter/shield and push them back with shield 5, use scepter 3 to immobilize them, scepter 2 and shield 4, for some damage, then go from there with meditations to heal, cleanse conditions and do some extra damage. It doesn't always work and you kind of have to just think through each fight to see what would work best, but it's an option for the more average player like me lol.

>

> I could also give some advice on what to do if you want to try fighting one with a scrapper or fresh air Weaver, but it's hard and you have to majorly out play the mesmer to win on those lol.

I fully agree with you and your first sentence. I personally, with my current favorite build, can stand up to all classes but the Mesmers. I see myself being forced into the position where I have to either build my character to be able to deal with Mesmers and have issues against all other classes instead and even then, most likely the Mesmer will win most of the fights by a great margin, or I just flee for my life like a sheep is fleeing from the ravenous wolf. That fleet strategy works out for me. Why would I stand around and be murdered when I can also flee without putting out a fight and go somewhere else where I can be of more use?

I play Mesmer myself, I know how it feels to run around like a wolf, devouring the little sheep. That's what it means to be a Mesmer.

I have also noticed in many games where Mesmers wrote arrogant comments about their own team or enemy team, yesterday was the last time, an enemy Mesmer. I blame the class for feeding into negative emotions of those who play Mesmer and those who play against Mesmer. Mesmers simply see the game from another perspective, a far superior perspective, and from time to time they simply forget that other classes have to work harder and that they can fail more likely. That's why they talk down on others and complain about things. Those who play Mesmer will naturally develop superiority complexes and those who play against Mesmers will feel like a truck just ran over them and they will tilt and mess up their future games.

**All I am asking for is for a healthy and positive game atmosphere and I see that the Mesmer contributes quite a lot into negating just that.**

I read in game chats how people complain about the Mesmer. Team chat is all about "Mesmer is here, plz go there!", even though the is usually a huge mesmer icon blob around the mesmer, difficult to miss on the minimap.

Just to put things into perspective, for many people the Necromancer is quite painful to deal with and oftentimes more brutal and ruthless, yet all of your deaths will give yourself the impression that you could have done something better, maybe kited better, or disengaged better, maybe not wasted your skills at wrong moments. You can be killed a hundred times in a row by Necromancers and you know that every time it was your own fault and that is totally fine. Against Mesmers you won't see it that way for there is nothing you could have done, you will simply be farmed like a skritt. With Mesmers, I know when to dodge against them to negate their bursts or when to attack, yet all of that simply does not cut it.

I simply hate the emotions that the Mesmer creates in the game and I don't want to feel that way anymore and this is why I talk about Mesmers on forum.

**I don't have any issues at all against any other class and deaths and losses don't bother me, they are part of the game. However, when there is a class in the game whose entire game mechanic is all about treating others like cannon fodder and oneshot mobs, that's where I draw the line and get loud and let my voice be heard because this is clearly abusive game concept and not healthy at all. Maybe others just shrug it off and move on but I have some allergy against this kind of atmosphere that is being created in games because it is degrading and humiliating.**

A game should not encourage negativity and frustration but such elements should be removed. The Mesmer as a class supports and encourages negativity in the games and I am against that and I want that to change, that is all. I don't see that my motives are in any way or form wrong.

Mesmer is my main and I play it, yet I want to see the greater picture and I would sacrifice my Mesmer for anything if it would improve the game atmosphere. It is always painful to give up on anything, yet the better thing overall and therefore worth it in the end. That's the purpose of any "reform".

Last point to be mentioned, I wished there was a stat in game that would counter condition damage just like how toughness works against power/crit. Very strange that such a thing does not exist in GW2 PvP. Must have been an oversight during game design. That would definitely help in building against Mesmers.

> @"kybraga.7103" said:

> One way I tend to deal with Mesmers is the waiting game and killing their phantasms. (I play Reaper.)

> When they try to engage with a one-shot tactic or through spamming Phantasms- wait until the Phantasms are summoned and then kill them. As for the one-shot- just wait until you see a sword flying in the air or you get dazed... That typically means you have ~.3 seconds to evade or stun break. (It's purely luck until then.)

brah 3 seconds? I think you have less time because especially when they surprise you out of stealth, if you're not quick would probably die easily. I am mostly successful in countering this on my mes myself with a one-sec invulnerability because most times, the stun comes almost the same time as the first hit if they're fast.

> @"EpicTurtle.8571" said:

> > @"Schwahrheit.4203" said:

> > Realistically? You can't. This class has been disgustingly low-key low skill class every since the beginning of the game.

> >

> > They can spam evades while they bait your evades, they can portal if god forbid they screw up on an already easy class, and god forbid that the Mesmer has insane reaction time. Literally one of the most cancerous classes since launch. They do have builds that are reasonable and take skill, but mesmer "meta" builds generally are just evade spamming and landing insta-cast shatters when the guy has no evades left. Zero skill class, don't let anybody fool you that mesmer takes skill, it really doesn't.

> >

> > P.S People saying there are "tells" on Mesmer attacks are absolute garbage on classes that take real effort. They would get destroyed if this was 2015 before HoT. That's how low skill these "mesmers" defending their class actually are.

>

> Looks like someone here hasn't learned to bait dodges or cleave clones.

It looks like you don't 100% know what you're doing, so...…………. you can't beat them :#

> @"Krycha.5947" said:

> Yet, this is never the case for necros. Theres no "learn" to play against it just people crying for neft after nerf.

All mesmers have to do is to try to kite necros and if reapers try to burst on you in their shroud or you get caught in scourge's desert shroud, you immediately invulnerable which comes into thing of clone upkeep because if you don't have 3 clones up that's a desperate invulnerable

> @"necromaniac.7629" said:

> > @"EpicTurtle.8571" said:

> > > @"Schwahrheit.4203" said:

> > > Realistically? You can't. This class has been disgustingly low-key low skill class every since the beginning of the game.

> > >

> > > They can spam evades while they bait your evades, they can portal if god forbid they screw up on an already easy class, and god forbid that the Mesmer has insane reaction time. Literally one of the most cancerous classes since launch. They do have builds that are reasonable and take skill, but mesmer "meta" builds generally are just evade spamming and landing insta-cast shatters when the guy has no evades left. Zero skill class, don't let anybody fool you that mesmer takes skill, it really doesn't.

> > >

> > > P.S People saying there are "tells" on Mesmer attacks are absolute garbage on classes that take real effort. They would get destroyed if this was 2015 before HoT. That's how low skill these "mesmers" defending their class actually are.

> >

> > Looks like someone here hasn't learned to bait dodges or cleave clones.

> It looks like you don't 100% know what you're doing, so...…………. you can't beat them :#

>

And it looks like you're another poorly skilled defeatist.

> @"EpicTurtle.8571" said:

> > @"necromaniac.7629" said:

> > > @"EpicTurtle.8571" said:

> > > > @"Schwahrheit.4203" said:

> > > > Realistically? You can't. This class has been disgustingly low-key low skill class every since the beginning of the game.

> > > >

> > > > They can spam evades while they bait your evades, they can portal if god forbid they screw up on an already easy class, and god forbid that the Mesmer has insane reaction time. Literally one of the most cancerous classes since launch. They do have builds that are reasonable and take skill, but mesmer "meta" builds generally are just evade spamming and landing insta-cast shatters when the guy has no evades left. Zero skill class, don't let anybody fool you that mesmer takes skill, it really doesn't.

> > > >

> > > > P.S People saying there are "tells" on Mesmer attacks are absolute garbage on classes that take real effort. They would get destroyed if this was 2015 before HoT. That's how low skill these "mesmers" defending their class actually are.

> > >

> > > Looks like someone here hasn't learned to bait dodges or cleave clones.

> > It looks like you don't 100% know what you're doing, so...…………. you can't beat them :#

> >

>

> And it looks like you're another poorly skilled defeatist.

I was talking @"Schwahrheit.4203" :'(

You won't kill a good mesmer. It's a known fact in plat II or higher skill levels that mesmer is the best duelist in the game and virtually unkillable as long as the player does not make any mistakes. The people who believe otherwise are generally mistaking their inability to play the class as proof that it's overrated.

But there is one thing you can exploit when facing mesmers. Despite their overloaded utility, the class actually only really has average levels of damage. Shatters while being instant cast are technically telegraphed since they do pitiful damage unless multiple clones are used and so you can just block as they run into you. This means a bunker build can technically counter them by wasting their time. So even if you do not kill them you can push them off a point.

As for WvW, you're f***ed. Any mesmer player who is not a mongoose will win any 1v1 against anything that isn't a thief. But WvW was never meant to be balanced anyways.

@"MiGFiD.1760"

2x things you need to know about vs. any Mesmer build:

* Set hotkeys for "closest target" "next target" the targeting hotkey will look past the clones and target the Mesmer directly.

* **Don't engage the Mesmer on flat terrain. Go somewhere where there are ledges that can be easily accessed through jumping up and down. When the Mesmer attempts to burst you with clone shatters, the clones cannot reach you unless they have flat terrain to path. In other words, jumping up and down ledges will prevent the clone shatters from being able to path you.**

In the current meta, using the above 2 tactics is the only way to achieved balanced 1v1 against a Condi Mirage. On flat terrain, it is more powerful in 1v1 than any other class.

I've been playing power mirage for the last couple seasons and i just tried out condi mirage last night. I can say without a doubt that this axe condi build is super OP, 10x better than power, and 50x easier to play. Try playing power and landing mirror bladed, 3 mindwrack centered jaunt, sword stomp bursts. Your fingers get numb, literally.

If you're already familiar with how to play as a mirage, learning this build is super easy, super forgiving and way over powered on mobility, defense and offense.

Being able to do all of this damage and evades without charging mantras or ramping anything up (its 24/7 on demand burst), having extra hp, the insane synergy of sigils and adventure rune and also having portal is a total joke and a free carry to plat 2-3.

In other words, I love it! ;)