Curiosity: Who has the most laurel in the game?

> @"Gop.8713" said:

> Laurels are almost entirely from log-in rewards, so they shouldn't really correlate with the number of hours played since ppl's playtime per day varies widely . . .

Exactly, some players just log in for 5 minutes every day for rewards. Others might play one day for 5 hours. Weekly first plays 35 minutes an second 300 minutes but the first gets laurels 7 times faster

I have to admit, I'm quite lazy about logging in at times, but I have just under 1000 laurels. They definitely start to pile up when you're not spending them often, and I save mine mostly to convert to mats (though I only convert when I either need the mats, or need some fast gold, so I can always do the most efficient conversion at the time based on the market value of goods).

> @"usnedward.9023" said:

> When laurels were first introduced they were easy to get then nerfed like most currency. Some stock piled. I had 300 at one time but started spending on boosters.

Quite the opposite. You get more laurels now than before.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Laurel

"With the new system of Login rewards you can receive up to 55 Laurels per month (by logging in 28 days per month) as opposed to 40 Laurels per 30-day month using the old system (by completing every daily and the monthly)."

I'm at 2988 laurels atm :P

It wouldn't surprise me if casual players who log in on a regular basis but don't spend much time in the game overall have more laurels. They'll still get them at the same rate as other players but are less likely to need a lot of the stuff purchased with them (like ascended equipment) and may avoid spending them because they're not sure what all the items offered are or what would be the best use for them.

i suspect there's also people who have essentially quit playing but still log in regularly to pick up login rewards, unlock new Living Story releases and maybe check out other changes. Like how some people stop playing subscription games but keep paying their sub so they can check in periodically.

> @"Biff.5312" said:

> I desperately want more laurels. I'm in the process of equipping over 30 lvl 80 toons with ascended gear, and I can't get enough of them. I have 170, and am being careful not to spend faster than I'm earning them.

If you need ascended trinkets, doing daily berry harvesting in Bitterfrost with multiple toons would probably help shorten the timeframe and can be used to buy ascended rings, accessories and backpieces. Doing dailies on the other LS3 maps can help build up currency to buy additional items. Getting the home nodes for each will help too.

> @"Kalendraf.9521" said:

> > @"Biff.5312" said:

> > I desperately want more laurels. I'm in the process of equipping over 30 lvl 80 toons with ascended gear, and I can't get enough of them. I have 170, and am being careful not to spend faster than I'm earning them.

>

> If you need ascended trinkets, doing daily berry harvesting in Bitterfrost with multiple toons would probably help shorten the timeframe and can be used to buy ascended rings, accessories and backpieces. Doing dailies on the other LS3 maps can help build up currency to buy additional items. Getting the home nodes for each will help too.

Yeah I'm spending a lot of time in the LS3 maps. I need the mats there for vision crystals anyway, so the trinkets are a bonus. I've collected a number of them already. The back pieces are a bit of grind though - not sure if I'll get my underwater headgear that way or just craft it.