PvP/WvW Skill Split Release – Part 2

Gaile Gray.6029

> @"whoknocks.4935" said:

>

> Warrior have defensive skills coz he is a MELEE ONLY profession. It's normal warrior having this tools, it's normal in every single mmo. Being only melee if you give him no defensive tools, the profession just dies in 5 seconds from range profession, even 600 range ones.

> Just think before complaining.

>

> Mesmer have double of the defensive tools and most of his damage and skills can be done at 1200 range, that's broken kitten as hell.

well, he does have longbow and rifle but no one uses them . its ok..

most warrior (sb)

using gs/dagger sheld.

and they have enough skills to make them catch up with a ranged class

1- Bladetrail

2- Rush

3- Shield Bash

4-Aura Slicer

5- Whirlwind Attack-///with evade

6-Bull's Charge ///with evade knock down 3 sec

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Banda.9320" said:

> > @"whoknocks.4935" said:

>

> >

> > Warrior have defensive skills coz he is a MELEE ONLY profession. It's normal warrior having this tools, it's normal in every single mmo. Being only melee if you give him no defensive tools, the profession just dies in 5 seconds from range profession, even 600 range ones.

> > Just think before complaining.

> >

> > Mesmer have double of the defensive tools and most of his damage and skills can be done at 1200 range, that's broken kitten as hell.

>

>

> well, he does have longbow and rifle but no one uses them . its ok..

>

> most warrior (sb)

> using gs/dagger sheld.

> and they have enough skills to make them catch up with a ranged class

>

> 1- Bladetrail

> 2- Rush

> 3- Shield Bash

> 4-Aura Slicer

> 5- Whirlwind Attack-///with evade

> 6-Bull's Charge ///with evade knock down 3 sec

> -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

all u need is to dodge the rush (which is fairly easy) go into stealth, set urself to 1500 range if deadeye or 1200 range else and pew pew pew. on ranger u will just kncokback the war whenever hes close ( war has no stab cuz smokescale triggers it already lol ) and just spam rapid fire at 1200 range. mesmer can stealth up anytime as well. and yeah bladtrail never hits anyways if u just step aside and shield bash is so fkin slow u can also just walk makes no difference and u waste ur CC. if u whirlwind u waste an important dodge and spellbreakers DO NOT run bullscharge in 95% of the cases. also... the warrior skills are soo hihgly telepgraphed u can dodge any of those skills with easy.

its not like war cant catch up to enemies, dont get me wrong. but have u ever fought a good longbow druid or soulbeast in wvw on open space? u NEED the sustain u have as war.

Why I like this particular balance patch

* Our second nerf patch, meaning Anet are working their way down in profession ballance from Elite specs, to Core specs. Core is being buffed by attrition. This is a pro and a con depending on where you stand between Core vs Elite.

Why I Don't like these nerf patches.

* Build diversity is not being seen as of yet and results are taking too long. That 1 "not-quite-AT-meta-ready build" is slowly being removed from the casual(or try hard) Ranked games because its' "Meta Elite variant" is being nerfed. For example: Firebrand bunker guard being nerfed. All the while Harrier FB Guard is **also** being effected... when it wasn't even AT efficient. This is seen on other classes.

*TL;DR*

The All Class Nerf is leading to the right direction... but, I do fear it will not reach us quick enough. Though build diversity _could_ be there between Core & Elite, it is not seen in each individual Elite spec i.e Harrier FB and Magi FB where one build varient is seeing more affected than today's "meta".

> @"Saiyan.1704" said:

> * Our second nerf patch, meaning Anet are working their way down in profession ballance from Elite specs, to Core specs. Core is being buffed by attrition. This is a pro and a con depending on where you stand between Core vs Elite.

I definitely like the idea of bringing Elites down to Core levels. Unfortunately for the Thief, I see only one specific Elite change. Everything else is Core, in which there are 10 nerfs to 7 buffs.

Personally, I would suggest simply replacing the listed Thief traits altogether save for Swindler's Equilibrium. For it, remove the Sword/Spear requirement so all weapon sets can take advantage of it. Of course, I'd do the same for all weapon-specific traits like Dagger Training and Ankle Shots.

Another trait that really needs to change is Signets of Power... at least for PvP. On kill buffs are absolutely asinine unless they are incredibly powerful or permanent. I'd much rather Steal from a Mesmer than to kill it. I would suggest changing the trait to copy the Elementalist's Written in Stone trait so that a signet's passive effects are always functioning even when it's on cooldown.

> @"Toron.4856" said:

> > @"Banda.9320" said:

> > > @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> >

> > >

> > > Warrior have defensive skills coz he is a MELEE ONLY profession. It's normal warrior having this tools, it's normal in every single mmo. Being only melee if you give him no defensive tools, the profession just dies in 5 seconds from range profession, even 600 range ones.

> > > Just think before complaining.

> > >

> > > Mesmer have double of the defensive tools and most of his damage and skills can be done at 1200 range, that's broken kitten as hell.

> >

> >

> > well, he does have longbow and rifle but no one uses them . its ok..

> >

> > most warrior (sb)

> > using gs/dagger sheld.

> > and they have enough skills to make them catch up with a ranged class

> >

> > 1- Bladetrail

> > 2- Rush

> > 3- Shield Bash

> > 4-Aura Slicer

> > 5- Whirlwind Attack-///with evade

> > 6-Bull's Charge ///with evade knock down 3 sec

> > -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>

> all u need is to dodge the rush (which is fairly easy) go into stealth, set urself to 1500 range if deadeye or 1200 range else and pew pew pew. on ranger u will just kncokback the war whenever hes close ( war has no stab cuz smokescale triggers it already lol ) and just spam rapid fire at 1200 range. mesmer can stealth up anytime as well. and yeah bladtrail never hits anyways if u just step aside and shield bash is so kitten slow u can also just walk makes no difference and u waste ur CC. if u whirlwind u waste an important dodge and spellbreakers DO NOT run bullscharge in 95% of the cases. also... the warrior skills are soo hihgly telepgraphed u can dodge any of those skills with easy.

>

> its not like war cant catch up to enemies, dont get me wrong. but have u ever fought a good longbow druid or soulbeast in wvw on open space? u NEED the sustain u have as war.

man you just a warrior fan , dont want your main get nerfd thats it ,

> @"Vagrant.7206" said:

> > @"Tunagod.8396" said:

> > I have to question the Detection pulse range to 1200, that's a bit far in my opinion. I would be okay with 800 but 1200 is a bit far. The range already was making deadeyes struggle going near fights with engineers. This is a huge issue in my books. Shadow step might not even help now with that range. > @"Lociaz.4027" said:

> > > > @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> > > > ## Thief

> > > >

> > > > ### Skills

> > > >

> > > > - Dagger Autoattack chain: Reduced damages by 15% overall in PvP and WvW

> > > > - Sword Autoattack chain: Reduced damages by 14% overall in PvP and WvW

> > > > - Roll for Initiative: Increased the cooldown from 35 seconds to 40 seconds in PvP and WvW

> > > > - Cloak and Dagger: Reduced the initiative cost from 6 to 5 in PvP and WvW

> > > > - Signet of Shadows: Reduced the cooldown from 30 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP and WvW

> > > > - Assassin's Signet: Reduced the cooldown from 30 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP and WvW

> > > > - Smoke Screen: Reduced the cooldown from 30 seconds to 25 seconds in PvP and WvW

> > > > - Dagger Storm: Reduced the cooldown from 90 seconds to 60 seconds in PvP and WvW

> > > > - Hide in Shadows: Increased the base healing by 15% in PvP and WvW

> > > > - Skelk Venom: Increased the venom heal per hit by 25% in PvP and WvW

> > > > - Larcenous Strike: Reduced damage by 15% in PvP and WvW

> > > >

> > > > ### Traits

> > > >

> > > > - Pulmonary Impact: Reduced damage by 29% in PvP and WvW

> > > > - **Upper Hand: Increased the cooldown from 3 seconds to 5 seconds in PvP and WvW** <--- **Pvp only**

> > > > - Panic Strike: Increased the cooldown from 20 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP and WvW. The WvW version of this trait will now use the PvP immobilize duration of 1.5 seconds

> > > > - Instant Reflexes: Increased the cooldown from 40 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP only

> > > > - Pain response: Increased the cooldown from 16 seconds to 40 seconds in PvP only

> > > > - Hard to Catch: Increased the cooldown from 45 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP only

> > > > - Swindler's Equilibrium: Increased the cooldown from 20 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP and WvW

> > >

> > > As I said before...

> > > I'm okay with the changes, but there is some things i dont like and I'm a bit confused.

> > > The **Upper Hand** trait, you say that its gonna be from 3 sec to ---> 5sec cooldown.

> > > but when i chek the trait in game its 2sec! and its perfect how it is. Dont need to nerf it!

> > > Or make the changes for pvp only or the trait will be useless in WvW...

> > > https://imgur.com/uSQIwNz

> > >

> > > Thats my opinions.

> > > Take care everyone!

> > >

> >

> > I have to agree to that as well. Would like to see a smaller increase in it if any.

>

> 600 range is pretty bad for a reveal, honestly. The few times I've tried to run stealth gyro in PvP, thieves would almost always beyond that 600 range area when they stealthed. Plus it's occupying a slot that could be used for a complete condi cleanse.

Yeah I'm not big into pvp so you're probably right. So I could see it being a fine change to that not knowing if its any use in the match at all. The issue I have with it is in WVW. The whole thing **could** turn into a huge issue with play for Deadeye roaming and even being near zergs.

> @"Tunagod.8396" said:

> > @"Vagrant.7206" said:

> > > @"Tunagod.8396" said:

> > > I have to question the Detection pulse range to 1200, that's a bit far in my opinion. I would be okay with 800 but 1200 is a bit far. The range already was making deadeyes struggle going near fights with engineers. This is a huge issue in my books. Shadow step might not even help now with that range. > @"Lociaz.4027" said:

> > > > > @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> > > > > ## Thief

> > > > >

> > > > > ### Skills

> > > > >

> > > > > - Dagger Autoattack chain: Reduced damages by 15% overall in PvP and WvW

> > > > > - Sword Autoattack chain: Reduced damages by 14% overall in PvP and WvW

> > > > > - Roll for Initiative: Increased the cooldown from 35 seconds to 40 seconds in PvP and WvW

> > > > > - Cloak and Dagger: Reduced the initiative cost from 6 to 5 in PvP and WvW

> > > > > - Signet of Shadows: Reduced the cooldown from 30 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP and WvW

> > > > > - Assassin's Signet: Reduced the cooldown from 30 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP and WvW

> > > > > - Smoke Screen: Reduced the cooldown from 30 seconds to 25 seconds in PvP and WvW

> > > > > - Dagger Storm: Reduced the cooldown from 90 seconds to 60 seconds in PvP and WvW

> > > > > - Hide in Shadows: Increased the base healing by 15% in PvP and WvW

> > > > > - Skelk Venom: Increased the venom heal per hit by 25% in PvP and WvW

> > > > > - Larcenous Strike: Reduced damage by 15% in PvP and WvW

> > > > >

> > > > > ### Traits

> > > > >

> > > > > - Pulmonary Impact: Reduced damage by 29% in PvP and WvW

> > > > > - **Upper Hand: Increased the cooldown from 3 seconds to 5 seconds in PvP and WvW** <--- **Pvp only**

> > > > > - Panic Strike: Increased the cooldown from 20 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP and WvW. The WvW version of this trait will now use the PvP immobilize duration of 1.5 seconds

> > > > > - Instant Reflexes: Increased the cooldown from 40 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP only

> > > > > - Pain response: Increased the cooldown from 16 seconds to 40 seconds in PvP only

> > > > > - Hard to Catch: Increased the cooldown from 45 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP only

> > > > > - Swindler's Equilibrium: Increased the cooldown from 20 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP and WvW

> > > >

> > > > As I said before...

> > > > I'm okay with the changes, but there is some things i dont like and I'm a bit confused.

> > > > The **Upper Hand** trait, you say that its gonna be from 3 sec to ---> 5sec cooldown.

> > > > but when i chek the trait in game its 2sec! and its perfect how it is. Dont need to nerf it!

> > > > Or make the changes for pvp only or the trait will be useless in WvW...

> > > > https://imgur.com/uSQIwNz

> > > >

> > > > Thats my opinions.

> > > > Take care everyone!

> > > >

> > >

> > > I have to agree to that as well. Would like to see a smaller increase in it if any.

> >

> > 600 range is pretty bad for a reveal, honestly. The few times I've tried to run stealth gyro in PvP, thieves would almost always beyond that 600 range area when they stealthed. Plus it's occupying a slot that could be used for a complete condi cleanse.

>

> Yeah I'm not big into pvp so you're probably right. So I could see it being a fine change to that not knowing if its any use in the match at all. The issue I have with it is in WVW. The whole thing **could** turn into a huge issue with play for Deadeye roaming and even being near zergs.

That's certainly true. The trouble right now is that scrapper is really lacking an identity in both WvW and PvP besides "tanky," and I think this is ArenaNet's way of providing some support? The trouble is that stealth gyro has to compete with [supply crate](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Supply_Crate "supply crate"), which has a [better toolbelt skill](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Med_Pack_Drop "better toolbelt skill") and elite skill, generally.

Our elite skills have been so bad for so long, that it's not surprising to see this kind of a change.

> @"Banda.9320" said:

> > @"Toron.4856" said:

> > > @"Banda.9320" said:

> > > > @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> > >

> > > >

> > > > Warrior have defensive skills coz he is a MELEE ONLY profession. It's normal warrior having this tools, it's normal in every single mmo. Being only melee if you give him no defensive tools, the profession just dies in 5 seconds from range profession, even 600 range ones.

> > > > Just think before complaining.

> > > >

> > > > Mesmer have double of the defensive tools and most of his damage and skills can be done at 1200 range, that's broken kitten as hell.

> > >

> > >

> > > well, he does have longbow and rifle but no one uses them . its ok..

> > >

> > > most warrior (sb)

> > > using gs/dagger sheld.

> > > and they have enough skills to make them catch up with a ranged class

> > >

> > > 1- Bladetrail

> > > 2- Rush

> > > 3- Shield Bash

> > > 4-Aura Slicer

> > > 5- Whirlwind Attack-///with evade

> > > 6-Bull's Charge ///with evade knock down 3 sec

> > > -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

> >

> > all u need is to dodge the rush (which is fairly easy) go into stealth, set urself to 1500 range if deadeye or 1200 range else and pew pew pew. on ranger u will just kncokback the war whenever hes close ( war has no stab cuz smokescale triggers it already lol ) and just spam rapid fire at 1200 range. mesmer can stealth up anytime as well. and yeah bladtrail never hits anyways if u just step aside and shield bash is so kitten slow u can also just walk makes no difference and u waste ur CC. if u whirlwind u waste an important dodge and spellbreakers DO NOT run bullscharge in 95% of the cases. also... the warrior skills are soo hihgly telepgraphed u can dodge any of those skills with easy.

> >

> > its not like war cant catch up to enemies, dont get me wrong. but have u ever fought a good longbow druid or soulbeast in wvw on open space? u NEED the sustain u have as war.

>

> man you just a warrior fan , dont want your main get nerfd thats it ,

Imma rev main that basically mutliclasses all classes in the game and im just being realistic since i know the spawn between OP and TRASH for warrior is very small. In the past warrior has either been unplayable OR very strong.

Right now tho, warrior isnt OP and not Trash either. Hence im worried spellbreaker is gonna go back to trash in future updates.

The main problem is also, that war is HARD to fight against for a bad/medium player

While

Good players can outplay a spellbreaker way more easily.

This leads to the waste majority of the players complain about warriors which gets it overnerfed and it goes back to trash tier.

I remember the time after HOT launch where people would rage in teamchat when u were playing warrior. Just because warrior was insanely bad and nobody wanted a war.

my wish is to have a big diverse balance with every class having at least one or two viable builds.

You sir fall under the category of bad/average player that has issues with warriors for the lack of class mechanic understanding, ability to dodge key skills, kiting los etc.

Try to play all available classes especially war and u will see theres way more counters to it than you think.

Edit: why would i not want war to ne nerfed?

Dagger1 dagger 2 dagger3 f1, f2, passive endure, passive stab, break enchantments and featherfood grace is getting nerfed.

Thats is a LOT of nerfs and im fine with them. Unlike you i want war to be viable and not trash tier.

> @"Banda.9320" said:

> > @"whoknocks.4935" said:

>

> >

> > Warrior have defensive skills coz he is a MELEE ONLY profession. It's normal warrior having this tools, it's normal in every single mmo. Being only melee if you give him no defensive tools, the profession just dies in 5 seconds from range profession, even 600 range ones.

> > Just think before complaining.

> >

> > Mesmer have double of the defensive tools and most of his damage and skills can be done at 1200 range, that's broken kitten as hell.

>

>

> well, he does have longbow and rifle but no one uses them . its ok..

>

> most warrior (sb)

> using gs/dagger sheld.

> and they have enough skills to make them catch up with a ranged class

>

> 1- Bladetrail

> 2- Rush

> 3- Shield Bash

> 4-Aura Slicer

> 5- Whirlwind Attack-///with evade

> 6-Bull's Charge ///with evade knock down 3 sec

> -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't have catch up skills being ONLY melee I repeat this (because rifle and longbow are not viable, maybe longbow on a pure condi berseker can do something), you are dead by any single range profession which outplay you by kiting.

Now with my dragonhunter I can kill many spellbreakers and warrior without many problems, with my holosmith too (and notice sb id considered a counter to dh and holo) and of course you have to mess up the less you can, always hit the interrupts, proc the passive stab and endure pain, but it's more than duable.

Soulbeast and ranger can outplay warrior pretty easily camping longbow or sword dagger with that many evades plus pet plus 1500 range.

In wvw spellbreaker is just a bubble spammer and boon remover, other than that is useless, and in SOLO roaming it's not even mentioned, and core full zerk warrior instead is meta of small scale and solo roaming. Spellbreaker not but they still will nerf dagger damage which does awful damage, and full counter for the third time coz people are lazy to understand to don't attack when sb use full counter.I

> @"Toron.4856" said:

> The main problem is also, that war is HARD to fight against for a bad/medium player

>

> While

>

> Good players can outplay a spellbreaker way more easily.

This is why I say Warrior might be getting overnerfed.

Warrior is a class that, more than most of the other classes ( Possibly all of them ) is extremely good at dumpstering on people who don't have a solid understanding of its mechanics. If you don't know how to play a warrior yourself, you won't know when you can take them at close range or when you should kite / peel off, and will lose matchups you should have won as a result. This is why bad warrior vs bad thief - warrior wins everytime. But good warrior vs good thief - thief has slight advantage. People think they should be able to just farm Warriors in their face whenever without realizing ( Or if they do, without caring ) that as a medium mobility melee class the second Warrior becomes dual-able at point blank range is the second it becomes a bottomfeeding D-tier class.

> @"Master Ketsu.4569" said:

> Warrior is a class that, more than most of the other classes ( Possibly all of them ) is extremely good at dumpstering on people who don't have a solid understanding of its mechanics. If you don't know how to play a warrior yourself, you won't know when you can take them at close range or when you should kite / peel off, and will lose matchups you should have won as a result.

This is how I feel about Thief also, at least in PvP. Players who haven't played it enough to understand what it can and cannot do get really annoyed and upset when a Thief beats them. It's as though all they see are Stealth, shadowsteps, and evades which keeps them from pinning the Thief down. And if they accidentally manage to almost kill the Thief, the Thief runs away, depriving them of the satisfaction of victory.

They don't realize that the Thief is a scavenger. It looks for targets who are half-dead or who don't have a clue what they're doing. There's a reason why the Thief doesn't go head-to-head against a decent opponent 1v1.

You read of all these complaints on the forums about the Thief's Stealth and skill spam. But question whether these people are complaining because the Thief is that lethal or if it's just a matter of frustration because the Thief is annoying. And honestly, if the Thief is annoying them, then the Thief is playing exactly how it's meant to be played. It's the unorthodox fighting style that's much more akin to a housefly than to a Ninja Jedi. In other words, the Thief may cast a large shadow, but when you shine a light on it, it's rather small and frail.

It's as though a new player goes into WvW, leaves his camp, and gets spawn killed by an invisible Thief a dozen times in 5 minutes, causing him to rage quit the game. Then later, whenever he finds lone roamers and engages in duels, they're always cut short by an "omnipresent" Thief, resulting in instant death. This causes a lasting stigma of Thief lethality and effectiveness. The new player is forever scarred by these events, so much that they will never be able to think rationally about the Thief again, assuming they are simply overpowered because of all their tricks. Basically, the Thief is a Yoda who lost its Force powers... living off its legend. It is the Wizard of Oz, cowering behind smoke and mirrors.

> @"Kageseigi.2150" said:

> It's as though a new player goes into WvW, leaves his camp, and gets spawn killed by an invisible Thief a dozen times in 5 minutes, causing him to rage quit the game. Then later, whenever he finds lone roamers and engages in duels, they're always cut short by an "omnipresent" Thief, resulting in instant death. This causes a lasting stigma of Thief lethality and effectiveness. The new player is forever scarred by these events, so much that they will never be able to think rationally about the Thief again, assuming they are simply overpowered because of all their tricks. Basically, the Thief is a Yoda who lost its Force powers... living off its legend. It is the Wizard of Oz, cowering behind smoke and mirrors.

I just want to point out what you say here is equal to what most players whine about with anything strong that necro has ever had from Post HoT reaper to scourge now.

Especially with the case of scourge specifically it was not the players faults that the e spec was left bugged upon release for nearly month allowing it to put such scar on other players. Which is why to this day it continues to be hit again and again.

I particularly saw a post with a dev saying that they planned to add power back into scourge in some way yet we have only seen them take from it because the complaints never stop and never will stop.

> @"Rysdude.3824" said:

> Will there be a third reiteration prior to patch release?

No. This patch will be released on the 27th per the homepage https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/pvp-league-season-11-balance-updates-and-super-adventure-festival-are-coming-soon/

This is, like it or not, final barring the possibility of a few tiny changes, but nothing substantial

> @"OriOri.8724" said:

> > @"Rysdude.3824" said:

> > Will there be a third reiteration prior to patch release?

>

> No. This patch will be released on the 27th per the homepage https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/pvp-league-season-11-balance-updates-and-super-adventure-festival-are-coming-soon/

>

> This is, like it or not, final barring the possibility of a few tiny changes, but nothing substantial

Thank you!

> @"OriOri.8724" said:

> > @"Rysdude.3824" said:

> > Will there be a third reiteration prior to patch release?

>

> No. This patch will be released on the 27th per the homepage https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/pvp-league-season-11-balance-updates-and-super-adventure-festival-are-coming-soon/

>

> This is, like it or not, final barring the possibility of a few tiny changes, but nothing substantial

This will be the exact patch notes.

> @"Saiyan.1704" said:

> Why I like this particular balance patch

> * Our second nerf patch, meaning Anet are working their way down in profession ballance from Elite specs, to Core specs. Core is being buffed by attrition. This is a pro and a con depending on where you stand between Core vs Elite.

>

> Why I Don't like these nerf patches.

> * Build diversity is not being seen as of yet and results are taking too long. That 1 "not-quite-AT-meta-ready build" is slowly being removed from the casual(or try hard) Ranked games because its' "Meta Elite variant" is being nerfed. For example: Firebrand bunker guard being nerfed. All the while Harrier FB Guard is **also** being effected... when it wasn't even AT efficient. This is seen on other classes.

>

> *TL;DR*

> The All Class Nerf is leading to the right direction... but, I do fear it will not reach us quick enough. Though build diversity _could_ be there between Core & Elite, it is not seen in each individual Elite spec i.e Harrier FB and Magi FB where one build varient is seeing more affected than today's "meta".

You call this patch "nerfs"? The changes proposed are incredibly minor, I doubt it will change the gameplay at all.

> @"Lordrosicky.5813" said:

> > @"Saiyan.1704" said:

> > Why I like this particular balance patch

> > * Our second nerf patch, meaning Anet are working their way down in profession ballance from Elite specs, to Core specs. Core is being buffed by attrition. This is a pro and a con depending on where you stand between Core vs Elite.

> >

> > Why I Don't like these nerf patches.

> > * Build diversity is not being seen as of yet and results are taking too long. That 1 "not-quite-AT-meta-ready build" is slowly being removed from the casual(or try hard) Ranked games because its' "Meta Elite variant" is being nerfed. For example: Firebrand bunker guard being nerfed. All the while Harrier FB Guard is **also** being effected... when it wasn't even AT efficient. This is seen on other classes.

> >

> > *TL;DR*

> > The All Class Nerf is leading to the right direction... but, I do fear it will not reach us quick enough. Though build diversity _could_ be there between Core & Elite, it is not seen in each individual Elite spec i.e Harrier FB and Magi FB where one build varient is seeing more affected than today's "meta".

>

> You call this patch "nerfs"? The changes proposed are incredibly minor, I doubt it will change the gameplay at all.

A lot of passive proccing traits have had their CDs doubled or more. On top of various other nerfs. Yes, individually each one is small, but all together its a pretty substantial nerf coming from Anet

Honestly Scourge could be left as it is if other classes had better access to condi cleanses.

Bring back HGH 1 condi clear....

As of right now engi is pretty much forced to run inventions... before the engi had to run alchemy, but at least with the option to drop inventions for something else. The 50% damage reduction of aim assisted rocket made me chuckle.

Pre HoT it was alchemy and inventions. During HoT it was alchemy and inventions. When PoF first launched we finally could use something other than alchemy and inventions + elite and still somewhat survive the condi bursts, but now after the previous patch we're once again back into the Inventions and alchemy line.

Not only will my elexirs not condi cleanse anymore, but also scourge will convert all the boons. If i see one coming and i don't have elexir C i have to rocket boot away and change my utilities before i'd even consider to fight them.

It's not that i don't want to fight them, i do, but there's literally next to no counterplay.

So much for build diversity :cry:

> @"Deax.1572" said:

> Honestly Scourge could be left as it is if other classes had better access to condi cleanses.

> Bring back HGH 1 condi clear....

> As of right now engi is pretty much forced to run inventions... before the engi had to run alchemy, but at least with the option to drop inventions for something else. The 50% damage reduction of aim assisted rocket made me chuckle.

> Pre HoT it was alchemy and inventions. During HoT it was alchemy and inventions. When PoF first launched we finally could use something other than alchemy and inventions + elite and still somewhat survive the condi bursts, but now after the previous patch we're once again back into the Inventions and alchemy line.

> Not only will my elexirs not condi cleanse anymore, but also scourge will convert all the boons. If i see one coming and i don't have elexir C i have to rocket boot away and change my utilities before i'd even consider to fight them.

> It's not that i don't want to fight them, i do, but there's literally next to no counterplay.

> So much for build diversity :cry:

>

The current necro nerfs will do nothing to Scourge really. The issue is that the changes aren’t nerfing the right thing. Sand Savant needs a complete over haul to be changed from something that covers 90% of a point and makes shades essentially spam everything, watch stuff die. The trait needs to be something more along the lines of when using shades you and surrending allies gain 5s of stability and 500 barrier. Something like that. That changes the current play style and with smaller shades has to be played with thought.

> @"Jace al Thor.6745" said:

> > @"Deax.1572" said:

> > Honestly Scourge could be left as it is if other classes had better access to condi cleanses.

> > Bring back HGH 1 condi clear....

> > As of right now engi is pretty much forced to run inventions... before the engi had to run alchemy, but at least with the option to drop inventions for something else. The 50% damage reduction of aim assisted rocket made me chuckle.

> > Pre HoT it was alchemy and inventions. During HoT it was alchemy and inventions. When PoF first launched we finally could use something other than alchemy and inventions + elite and still somewhat survive the condi bursts, but now after the previous patch we're once again back into the Inventions and alchemy line.

> > Not only will my elexirs not condi cleanse anymore, but also scourge will convert all the boons. If i see one coming and i don't have elexir C i have to rocket boot away and change my utilities before i'd even consider to fight them.

> > It's not that i don't want to fight them, i do, but there's literally next to no counterplay.

> > So much for build diversity :cry:

> >

>

> The current necro nerfs will do nothing to Scourge really. The issue is that the changes aren’t nerfing the right thing. Sand Savant needs a complete over haul to be changed from something that covers 90% of a point and makes shades essentially spam everything, watch stuff die. The trait needs to be something more along the lines of when using shades you and surrending allies gain 5s of stability and 500 barrier. Something like that. That changes the current play style and with smaller shades has to be played with thought.

All i ask is that engi gets their condi removals spread out a bit instead of them being shoehorned. HGH did just that, but i agree with your point regarding scourge.