• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Scarlett.1605" said:

> > @"Witch of Doom.5739" said:

> > > @"Myrdreth.6829" said:

> > > > @"Witch of Doom.5739" said:

> > > > Does this work for HoT and PoF events/bosses, or only central Tyria? Want to make sure before I buy. thx

> > >

> > > Only for Central Tyria Bosses.

> >

> > Thanks so much. Dang, just went from "must buy" to "eh." :-(

>

> @"Gaile Gray.6029" since this only works with central tyria bosses, could/would you inquire about new bosses added or if there will be new devices created for each respective expansion (HoT/PoF)?

Yes, for example, something that would take us to an event high in the canopy in HoT would be great. I seem to be vertically challenged in HoT, and I don't mean "short."

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> > @"Donari.5237" said:

> > I can see a side use for this: Since it takes you to the wp, your alts can use it to collect some wps. Only the currently active ones, of course, but it's still a foothold in maps that might otherwise take some running.

> >

> > Unless it only works on wp's you've already unlocked, of course, but that seems a finicky bit of coding ANet isn't likely to have bothered with.

>

> Your alts have to be max level tho.

Yah, that’s a drawback. I can see why they did it as high level mobs will target a low level with extreme prejudice but part of the fun of leveling alts can be getting them to high level maps and seeing how long you can survive. They should let us decide if we want to take a low level to a high level map. I gotten a level 20ish to a level 80 map and ran around grabbing wps and a few hero points just for the amusement value and challenge of it.

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > @"Witch of Doom.5739" said:

> > > @"Vegeta.2563" said:

> > > This is now coming soon :)

> >

> > Check out the new "World Boss Portal Device" in the GS today. Waiting to see how it works, but it sounds promising!!

>

> Dulfy made a (

)

Never mind my cost question. Watched this video and (thankfully) she had a before/after shot of her bag open (with current gold) and there was no charge when she ported.

> @"Wildon.7618" said:

> > @"King Vinas Solamnus.4852" said:

> > Don't know what you mean by auto killing. Would just like a quick way to get to world bosses without relying on other people.

>

> Basically, they were making a sarcastic post to show their opinion. My best non sarcastic translation for what they said would be, "If you are asking them to just give you the rewards for no effort, why not go all the way and just ask them to kill the boss for you as well?"

>

> If your concern is you have to rely on other players to tell you where to go, you can use this website to see what bosses are next. http://gw2timer.com/

> Heck, they even offer an overlay so you can have the timer in game if you don't want to alt+tab, have a second monitor, or cell phone to view it on:)

>

>

timers should be a ingame feature not something from a third party. thats QoL addition.

> @"King Vinas Solamnus.4852" said:

> Basically I think It would be cool to create a world boss portal scroll that would take you to the nearest waypoint of a selected list of world bosses across tyria. Similar to how the season portal scrolls work. Make it a gemstore thing if you think thats a good idea. Or better yet a scavenger hunt type thing in game to collect the Locations by doing the Bosses. If anyone has anything to add to this post please share it. Hopefully some Devs will see and like this idea.

Well congrats. Now while they are listening to you ask for something else.

Interesting new method of travel, it could come in handy for my excess tome using storage mules that are quickly drying up thanks to the 2 new additional bank tabs that recently became available. I don't see a problem with the level requirements since the LS scrolls also hold level requirements that I've had to get used to when I want to take my level 20 gatherer to a place like sirens landing for Orr forerger. Anyway, rules and adjustments aside, another convenience item for those that have already done most things as well as those that have yet to do half the things.

> @"infrequentia.3465" said:

> > @"King Vinas Solamnus.4852" said:

> > I'm following up on the idea of the season portal scrolls which let you travel to a waypoint in any of the new zones for free. Would be nice to get the same drop down list with bosses names and just pick Tequatl or Chak Gearant and go to the closest waypoint.

>

> except those scrolls aren't free

>

> but just follow a world boss train. like everyone else

>

> or use a world boss timers on the net.

>

> and don't come with any ''but i don't to be relying on other people''

>

> you cannot solo a world boss you have to ''rely'' on other people

How do you feel about this now that it's a real thing?