Why is gear with HoT stats so hard to acquire?

> @"zengara.8301" said:

> In all honesty, this is very true. Getting viper/minstrel is very annoyingly/unnecessarily hard compared to other builds, and wether u do WvW, Raid or open world PvP, you will need them for some classes. They literally have to just not make viper/minstrel account bound and then its all good.

>

> I guess that is what this whole thread is about, why is these stats account bound, when other stats, used primarily by ele/thief/mesmer etc are not? It does simply not make sense, they are not superior to all classes in anyway, they are just better for some classes. They are just exotics, so if it was because they want to make it harder, then they would without a doubt also made it better for all.

These stats are accountbound because they are not part of the core game but the first expansion. Making them tradeable means that people who don't own HoT can get HoT stats, since what is on the TP is available for everyone. Still, some of the parts needed to make Viper's gear are available through the TP. You only need to buy the inscription/insignia recipe from HoT vendors. All other Viper's gear recipes can be bought off the TP.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Odinens.5920" said:

>

> > Crafting the insignia doesn’t require flax, which the main argument was about. So if flax and the cost of crafting is the main problem, there’s Reward tracks (that I indeed explained) which offer Viper Exotics without needing to craft anything, or as someone pointed out, Bitter Harvest awards a Viper gear box.

>

> Gotcha. Misunderstood. Didn't realize the discussion was "flax-specific." Thought OP was talking exotics in general.

>

>

It was Exotics in general, but someone threw in flax for good measure. I don’t see flax as the problem though, and there’s enough non crafting routes too.

> @"Odinens.5920" said:

>

> > Crafting the insignia doesn’t require flax, which the main argument was about. So if flax and the cost of crafting is the main problem, there’s Reward tracks (that I indeed explained) which offer Viper Exotics without needing to craft anything, or as someone pointed out, Bitter Harvest awards a Viper gear box.

>

> Gotcha. Misunderstood. Didn't realize the discussion was "flax-specific." Thought OP was talking exotics in general.

>

>

While not directly about flax it is one of the more annoying parts of getting a lot of the expansion based stats. The large amounts required for it makes no sense and as someone pointed out earlier, if the best advice to getting expansion stats is to bypass exotics and go to ascended because they are easier to obtain then there is an issue. It should not be harder to obtain exotics than it is to get the ascended version and I feel that the insane amount of flax is part of this reason. The other materials required are actually in line with other exotics, it's just flax is the oddball.

Seems my post was not clear enough. Indeed, I am talking mostly about exotics. About limiting certain playstyles due to lack of gear. Of course, if you have ascended gear you can reforge it! But what if you don't? You want to play something even just to see if you like it, and you can't. At least not if you don't do pvp or wvw it seems.

Now tell me honestly, do you want a large influx of new unexperienced players who barely unlocked their elite specs to flood into pvp/wvw, because they can't gear up unless they craft?

Didn't think so...

The reason why berserker and generally, old world stuff is easy to get is because there are world drops which come very cheap. If you look at the crafted exotics with the same stats - they are a lot more expensive. If the only way to get berserker was from crafting, new players won't be able to afford it for weeks! 2 gold per daily when a single piece of crafted berserker armor can go around 8-11 gold depending on the market.

And this is exactly the situation when it comes to items with the HoT stats, especially viper. There are no cheap world drops, no vendors like the ones in Orr where you can blow some karma, nothing! The only guaranteed way is to do the HoT story on multiple alts. The very idea is just absurd. A new player has just been introduced into the game, he barely understands what is going on. A casual player will say that this exactly the kind of grind most other MMOs try to pursue.

Do you think any of those types of players will bother to level several characters just so he can play the way he wants? Do you think such player will have the gold or the patience to level the crafting skills he needs, blow significant amounts of money while doing it, then spend another several hundred to make each individual piece he lacks? It isn't just about the expense of crafting, it is about the fact that you can either go pvp/wvw of which you know nothing about, or spend everything you have and more on crafting.

**All I ask is to introduce exotics with stats which will make half the elite specs in the game more accessible for someone who isn't a veteran with tons of ascended pieces in the bank. Add world drops, add vendors or something in the new living world seasons. Just fix this imbalance because it limits viable options for the new or more casual player base which seems to be the audience this game aims to please. This will help more people get into GW 2, give more choices, allow some players to find what they enjoy to play and therefore improve the game as a whole. **

I don't think a new player will really know enough about the specific nuances of the gear and builds to really take advantage of the best stat combinations on gear like that.

That being said, however, I do think it would be good for the game to have the exotics be more in line regardless of stats. In my mind, it's more an issue of there being exotics more difficult to get than ascended rather than it being an issue of them being too expensive for new players.

> @"EpicName.4523" said:

> Seems my post was not clear enough. Indeed, I am talking mostly about exotics. About limiting certain playstyles due to lack of gear. Of course, if you have ascended gear you can reforge it! But what if you don't? You want to play something even just to see if you like it, and you can't. At least not if you don't do pvp or wvw it seems.

>

> Now tell me honestly, do you want a large influx of new unexperienced players who barely unlocked their elite specs to flood into pvp/wvw, because they can't gear up unless they craft?

>

> Didn't think so...

>

> The reason why berserker and generally, old world stuff is easy to get is because there are world drops which come very cheap. If you look at the crafted exotics with the same stats - they are a lot more expensive. If the only way to get berserker was from crafting, new players won't be able to afford it for weeks! 2 gold per daily when a single piece of crafted berserker armor can go around 8-11 gold depending on the market.

>

> And this is exactly the situation when it comes to items with the HoT stats, especially viper. There are no cheap world drops, no vendors like the ones in Orr where you can blow some karma, nothing! The only guaranteed way is to do the HoT story on multiple alts. The very idea is just absurd. A new player has just been introduced into the game, he barely understands what is going on. A casual player will say that this exactly the kind of grind most other MMOs try to pursue.

>

> Do you think any of those types of players will bother to level several characters just so he can play the way he wants? Do you think such player will have the gold or the patience to level the crafting skills he needs, blow significant amounts of money while doing it, then spend another several hundred to make each individual piece he lacks? It isn't just about the expense of crafting, it is about the fact that you can either go pvp/wvw of which you know nothing about, or spend everything you have and more on crafting.

>

> **All I ask is to introduce exotics with stats which will make half the elite specs in the game more accessible for someone who isn't a veteran with tons of ascended pieces in the bank. Add world drops, add vendors or something in the new living world seasons. Just fix this imbalance because it limits viable options for the new or more casual player base which seems to be the audience this game aims to please. This will help more people get into GW 2, give more choices, allow some players to find what they enjoy to play and therefore improve the game as a whole. **

Couple scenarios. First viper exotics are expensive however they aren’t even half the price for ascended. For full armor yassith it’s about 300 gold. Vs 30 gold maybe for exotic viper. But I will probably talk about an easier method.

Bitterfrost. Even though the trinkets and backpack aren’t exotic... it’s free. Farm the bad boy and you will get those trinkets faster then farming for exotic crafting mats.

Fractals. Do the dailies and you can get the other trinkets from the mist trinkets and they can be changed.

All of what I said is free remember this. But the work is just as much as getting regular vipers.

Flax seed is The hardest part unless you have Moolah. Farm verdant brink. Since the map is almost all flax.

The only sad part is doing exotics you can’t put it on another character. And the farming is just crazy. But if you have multiple characters at verdant brink and other maps with flax, do that and repeat. But ascended is far more grind then the flax. Farming leyline sparks is a nightmare if you don’t have enough currency in tangled depths. Just be happy your not doing that.

If you have enough it’s about 60 gold all together.

Which is a good deal since vipers are a good stat.

Since this game is based on the trading post. Everything is based of how rare it is. Since viper is hot expansion. And there are many free players, hot gear will be expensive like pof gear. Personally I think pof sold better then hot. So since more people can craft pof gear then hot is, probably why vipers are still expensive. If more people would buy hot and buy flax seeds and black diamonds then value would go down. But since not many do that, and many are free is probably why the price is still high. I will say this though. What’s racking up the price is leather. Which the only way to get is killing mobs. You can’t get leather from gathering it. Which is why it’s still expensive. Why flax see is so high? Probably because the only reason they are used is for viper crafting. And if less people gathering it. The more value. So that’s why viper gear is high.

> @"blambidy.3216" said:

> > @"EpicName.4523" said:

> > Seems my post was not clear enough. Indeed, I am talking mostly about exotics. About limiting certain playstyles due to lack of gear. Of course, if you have ascended gear you can reforge it! But what if you don't? You want to play something even just to see if you like it, and you can't. At least not if you don't do pvp or wvw it seems.

> >

> > Now tell me honestly, do you want a large influx of new unexperienced players who barely unlocked their elite specs to flood into pvp/wvw, because they can't gear up unless they craft?

> >

> > Didn't think so...

> >

> > The reason why berserker and generally, old world stuff is easy to get is because there are world drops which come very cheap. If you look at the crafted exotics with the same stats - they are a lot more expensive. If the only way to get berserker was from crafting, new players won't be able to afford it for weeks! 2 gold per daily when a single piece of crafted berserker armor can go around 8-11 gold depending on the market.

> >

> > And this is exactly the situation when it comes to items with the HoT stats, especially viper. There are no cheap world drops, no vendors like the ones in Orr where you can blow some karma, nothing! The only guaranteed way is to do the HoT story on multiple alts. The very idea is just absurd. A new player has just been introduced into the game, he barely understands what is going on. A casual player will say that this exactly the kind of grind most other MMOs try to pursue.

> >

> > Do you think any of those types of players will bother to level several characters just so he can play the way he wants? Do you think such player will have the gold or the patience to level the crafting skills he needs, blow significant amounts of money while doing it, then spend another several hundred to make each individual piece he lacks? It isn't just about the expense of crafting, it is about the fact that you can either go pvp/wvw of which you know nothing about, or spend everything you have and more on crafting.

> >

> > **All I ask is to introduce exotics with stats which will make half the elite specs in the game more accessible for someone who isn't a veteran with tons of ascended pieces in the bank. Add world drops, add vendors or something in the new living world seasons. Just fix this imbalance because it limits viable options for the new or more casual player base which seems to be the audience this game aims to please. This will help more people get into GW 2, give more choices, allow some players to find what they enjoy to play and therefore improve the game as a whole. **

>

> Couple scenarios. First viper exotics are expensive however they aren’t even half the price for ascended. For full armor yassith it’s about 300 gold. Vs 30 gold maybe for exotic viper. But I will probably talk about an easier method.

>

You are underestimating the price "a bit".

For the armor alone it is ...

buy order / sell order

68g66s / 85g84s - light

67g93s / 99g07s - medium

52g49s / 76g05s - heavy

> Bitterfrost. Even though the trinkets and backpack aren’t exotic... it’s free. Farm the bad boy and you will get those trinkets faster then farming for exotic crafting mats.

>

> Fractals. Do the dailies and you can get the other trinkets from the mist trinkets and they can be changed.

>

> All of what I said is free remember this. But the work is just as much as getting regular vipers.

>

> Flax seed is The hardest part unless you have Moolah. Farm verdant brink. Since the map is almost all flax.

>

> The only sad part is doing exotics you can’t put it on another character. And the farming is just crazy. But if you have multiple characters at verdant brink and other maps with flax, do that and repeat. But ascended is far more grind then the flax. Farming leyline sparks is a nightmare if you don’t have enough currency in tangled depths. Just be happy your not doing that.

Doing the events that give chak acid is better than trying to grind events for currency to buy keys. The ones that reward acid is a minimum of 3 which is worth 24 crystals while the ones that reward crystals only give 5.

> @"Healix.5819" said:

> > @"zengara.8301" said:

> > They are just exotics, so if it was because they want to make it harder, then they would without a doubt also made it better for all.

>

> A new stat combo that appealed to everyone would mean vertical progression. It would be a lot simpler of course if they relied on it, but would you rather have to obtain the grindiest stat once, or the easiest every expansion?

>

> There is an an alternative however. A new type of combo that is a straight upgrade without increasing power, like berserker + x% magic find.

It was one of the suggestions above, making the reason of cost different and soul-bound, because they want to create a wall for progression (I dont want it). Maybe that is an answer, but I would all together have exotic, no matter the stats, being sell-able

> @"TheNecrosanct.4028" said:

> > @"zengara.8301" said:

> > In all honesty, this is very true. Getting viper/minstrel is very annoyingly/unnecessarily hard compared to other builds, and wether u do WvW, Raid or open world PvP, you will need them for some classes. They literally have to just not make viper/minstrel account bound and then its all good.

> >

> > I guess that is what this whole thread is about, why is these stats account bound, when other stats, used primarily by ele/thief/mesmer etc are not? It does simply not make sense, they are not superior to all classes in anyway, they are just better for some classes. They are just exotics, so if it was because they want to make it harder, then they would without a doubt also made it better for all.

>

> These stats are accountbound because they are not part of the core game but the first expansion. Making them tradeable means that people who don't own HoT can get HoT stats, since what is on the TP is available for everyone. Still, some of the parts needed to make Viper's gear are available through the TP. You only need to buy the inscription/insignia recipe from HoT vendors. All other Viper's gear recipes can be bought off the TP.

First time I hear that the stats in the game are a feature as well, or at the very least, should be locked away from people playing the core game. Specially since it feels kinda like a passive way to showcase that the intention was to not let the the gw2 core gamers get these stats. The direct answer seems to be closer to increasing the grind to get XX gear, but any way to verify this, or just a guess among people?

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > @"blambidy.3216" said:

> > > @"EpicName.4523" said:

> > > Seems my post was not clear enough. Indeed, I am talking mostly about exotics. About limiting certain playstyles due to lack of gear. Of course, if you have ascended gear you can reforge it! But what if you don't? You want to play something even just to see if you like it, and you can't. At least not if you don't do pvp or wvw it seems.

> > >

> > > Now tell me honestly, do you want a large influx of new unexperienced players who barely unlocked their elite specs to flood into pvp/wvw, because they can't gear up unless they craft?

> > >

> > > Didn't think so...

> > >

> > > The reason why berserker and generally, old world stuff is easy to get is because there are world drops which come very cheap. If you look at the crafted exotics with the same stats - they are a lot more expensive. If the only way to get berserker was from crafting, new players won't be able to afford it for weeks! 2 gold per daily when a single piece of crafted berserker armor can go around 8-11 gold depending on the market.

> > >

> > > And this is exactly the situation when it comes to items with the HoT stats, especially viper. There are no cheap world drops, no vendors like the ones in Orr where you can blow some karma, nothing! The only guaranteed way is to do the HoT story on multiple alts. The very idea is just absurd. A new player has just been introduced into the game, he barely understands what is going on. A casual player will say that this exactly the kind of grind most other MMOs try to pursue.

> > >

> > > Do you think any of those types of players will bother to level several characters just so he can play the way he wants? Do you think such player will have the gold or the patience to level the crafting skills he needs, blow significant amounts of money while doing it, then spend another several hundred to make each individual piece he lacks? It isn't just about the expense of crafting, it is about the fact that you can either go pvp/wvw of which you know nothing about, or spend everything you have and more on crafting.

> > >

> > > **All I ask is to introduce exotics with stats which will make half the elite specs in the game more accessible for someone who isn't a veteran with tons of ascended pieces in the bank. Add world drops, add vendors or something in the new living world seasons. Just fix this imbalance because it limits viable options for the new or more casual player base which seems to be the audience this game aims to please. This will help more people get into GW 2, give more choices, allow some players to find what they enjoy to play and therefore improve the game as a whole. **

> >

> > Couple scenarios. First viper exotics are expensive however they aren’t even half the price for ascended. For full armor yassith it’s about 300 gold. Vs 30 gold maybe for exotic viper. But I will probably talk about an easier method.

> >

>

>

> You are underestimating the price "a bit".

>

> For the armor alone it is ...

>

> buy order / sell order

> 68g66s / 85g84s - light

> 67g93s / 99g07s - medium

> 52g49s / 76g05s - heavy

>

> > Bitterfrost. Even though the trinkets and backpack aren’t exotic... it’s free. Farm the bad boy and you will get those trinkets faster then farming for exotic crafting mats.

> >

> > Fractals. Do the dailies and you can get the other trinkets from the mist trinkets and they can be changed.

> >

> > All of what I said is free remember this. But the work is just as much as getting regular vipers.

> >

> > Flax seed is The hardest part unless you have Moolah. Farm verdant brink. Since the map is almost all flax.

> >

> > The only sad part is doing exotics you can’t put it on another character. And the farming is just crazy. But if you have multiple characters at verdant brink and other maps with flax, do that and repeat. But ascended is far more grind then the flax. Farming leyline sparks is a nightmare if you don’t have enough currency in tangled depths. Just be happy your not doing that.

>

> Doing the events that give chak acid is better than trying to grind events for currency to buy keys. The ones that reward acid is a minimum of 3 which is worth 24 crystals while the ones that reward crystals only give 5.

>

>

The events for chak are for the ley line sparks which are only ubtainable by opening chests in tangled depths vs gathering flax for regular viper gear. If your doing exotics you don’t have to worry about ley line sparks. However it is far more grind for sparks then gathering flax. Trust me iv done both.

The cost that I calculated is from medium armor. I did not check by heavy or light.

However it’s still far less expensive then ascended gear cost. Full yassith ascended is 300 gold vs exotic 60-80 gold. 60-80 is easy to get these days. Just hit fractals and do leather farming.

> @"blambidy.3216" said:

> > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > > @"blambidy.3216" said:

> > > > @"EpicName.4523" said:

> > > > Seems my post was not clear enough. Indeed, I am talking mostly about exotics. About limiting certain playstyles due to lack of gear. Of course, if you have ascended gear you can reforge it! But what if you don't? You want to play something even just to see if you like it, and you can't. At least not if you don't do pvp or wvw it seems.

> > > >

> > > > Now tell me honestly, do you want a large influx of new unexperienced players who barely unlocked their elite specs to flood into pvp/wvw, because they can't gear up unless they craft?

> > > >

> > > > Didn't think so...

> > > >

> > > > The reason why berserker and generally, old world stuff is easy to get is because there are world drops which come very cheap. If you look at the crafted exotics with the same stats - they are a lot more expensive. If the only way to get berserker was from crafting, new players won't be able to afford it for weeks! 2 gold per daily when a single piece of crafted berserker armor can go around 8-11 gold depending on the market.

> > > >

> > > > And this is exactly the situation when it comes to items with the HoT stats, especially viper. There are no cheap world drops, no vendors like the ones in Orr where you can blow some karma, nothing! The only guaranteed way is to do the HoT story on multiple alts. The very idea is just absurd. A new player has just been introduced into the game, he barely understands what is going on. A casual player will say that this exactly the kind of grind most other MMOs try to pursue.

> > > >

> > > > Do you think any of those types of players will bother to level several characters just so he can play the way he wants? Do you think such player will have the gold or the patience to level the crafting skills he needs, blow significant amounts of money while doing it, then spend another several hundred to make each individual piece he lacks? It isn't just about the expense of crafting, it is about the fact that you can either go pvp/wvw of which you know nothing about, or spend everything you have and more on crafting.

> > > >

> > > > **All I ask is to introduce exotics with stats which will make half the elite specs in the game more accessible for someone who isn't a veteran with tons of ascended pieces in the bank. Add world drops, add vendors or something in the new living world seasons. Just fix this imbalance because it limits viable options for the new or more casual player base which seems to be the audience this game aims to please. This will help more people get into GW 2, give more choices, allow some players to find what they enjoy to play and therefore improve the game as a whole. **

> > >

> > > Couple scenarios. First viper exotics are expensive however they aren’t even half the price for ascended. For full armor yassith it’s about 300 gold. Vs 30 gold maybe for exotic viper. But I will probably talk about an easier method.

> > >

> >

> >

> > You are underestimating the price "a bit".

> >

> > For the armor alone it is ...

> >

> > buy order / sell order

> > 68g66s / 85g84s - light

> > 67g93s / 99g07s - medium

> > 52g49s / 76g05s - heavy

> >

> > > Bitterfrost. Even though the trinkets and backpack aren’t exotic... it’s free. Farm the bad boy and you will get those trinkets faster then farming for exotic crafting mats.

> > >

> > > Fractals. Do the dailies and you can get the other trinkets from the mist trinkets and they can be changed.

> > >

> > > All of what I said is free remember this. But the work is just as much as getting regular vipers.

> > >

> > > Flax seed is The hardest part unless you have Moolah. Farm verdant brink. Since the map is almost all flax.

> > >

> > > The only sad part is doing exotics you can’t put it on another character. And the farming is just crazy. But if you have multiple characters at verdant brink and other maps with flax, do that and repeat. But ascended is far more grind then the flax. Farming leyline sparks is a nightmare if you don’t have enough currency in tangled depths. Just be happy your not doing that.

> >

> > Doing the events that give chak acid is better than trying to grind events for currency to buy keys. The ones that reward acid is a minimum of 3 which is worth 24 crystals while the ones that reward crystals only give 5.

> >

> >

>

> The events for chak are for the ley line sparks which are only ubtainable by opening chests in tangled depths vs gathering flax for regular viper gear. If your doing exotics you don’t have to worry about ley line sparks. However it is far more grind for sparks then gathering flax. Trust me iv done both.

>

> The cost that I calculated is from medium armor. I did not check by heavy or light.

> However it’s still far less expensive then ascended gear cost. Full yassith ascended is 300 gold vs exotic 60-80 gold. 60-80 is easy to get these days. Just hit fractals and do leather farming.

>

This is the biggest mistake people make: 60-80 gold is only easy to make when you already have the gear that you're trying to make 60-80g to craft. "Just hit fractals" except low tier fractals aren't profitable, and you need full ascended for the truly profitable dailies which puts you at way over that 60-80g number you're talking about. And 60-80 is low-balling the medium cost by 10-20g.

> @"Sojourner.4621" said:

> > > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > > > @"blambidy.3216" said:

> > > > > @"EpicName.4523" said:

> > > > > Seems my post was not clear enough. Indeed, I am talking mostly about exotics. About limiting certain playstyles due to lack of gear. Of course, if you have ascended gear you can reforge it! But what if you don't? You want to play something even just to see if you like it, and you can't. At least not if you don't do pvp or wvw it seems.

> > > > >

> > > > > Now tell me honestly, do you want a large influx of new unexperienced players who barely unlocked their elite specs to flood into pvp/wvw, because they can't gear up unless they craft?

> > > > >

> > > > > Didn't think so...

> > > > >

> > > > > The reason why berserker and generally, old world stuff is easy to get is because there are world drops which come very cheap. If you look at the crafted exotics with the same stats - they are a lot more expensive. If the only way to get berserker was from crafting, new players won't be able to afford it for weeks! 2 gold per daily when a single piece of crafted berserker armor can go around 8-11 gold depending on the market.

> > > > >

> > > > > And this is exactly the situation when it comes to items with the HoT stats, especially viper. There are no cheap world drops, no vendors like the ones in Orr where you can blow some karma, nothing! The only guaranteed way is to do the HoT story on multiple alts. The very idea is just absurd. A new player has just been introduced into the game, he barely understands what is going on. A casual player will say that this exactly the kind of grind most other MMOs try to pursue.

> > > > >

> > > > > Do you think any of those types of players will bother to level several characters just so he can play the way he wants? Do you think such player will have the gold or the patience to level the crafting skills he needs, blow significant amounts of money while doing it, then spend another several hundred to make each individual piece he lacks? It isn't just about the expense of crafting, it is about the fact that you can either go pvp/wvw of which you know nothing about, or spend everything you have and more on crafting.

> > > > >

> > > > > **All I ask is to introduce exotics with stats which will make half the elite specs in the game more accessible for someone who isn't a veteran with tons of ascended pieces in the bank. Add world drops, add vendors or something in the new living world seasons. Just fix this imbalance because it limits viable options for the new or more casual player base which seems to be the audience this game aims to please. This will help more people get into GW 2, give more choices, allow some players to find what they enjoy to play and therefore improve the game as a whole. **

> > > >

> > > > Couple scenarios. First viper exotics are expensive however they aren’t even half the price for ascended. For full armor yassith it’s about 300 gold. Vs 30 gold maybe for exotic viper. But I will probably talk about an easier method.

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> > > You are underestimating the price "a bit".

> > >

> > > For the armor alone it is ...

> > >

> > > buy order / sell order

> > > 68g66s / 85g84s - light

> > > 67g93s / 99g07s - medium

> > > 52g49s / 76g05s - heavy

> > >

> > > > Bitterfrost. Even though the trinkets and backpack aren’t exotic... it’s free. Farm the bad boy and you will get those trinkets faster then farming for exotic crafting mats.

> > > >

> > > > Fractals. Do the dailies and you can get the other trinkets from the mist trinkets and they can be changed.

> > > >

> > > > All of what I said is free remember this. But the work is just as much as getting regular vipers.

> > > >

> > > > Flax seed is The hardest part unless you have Moolah. Farm verdant brink. Since the map is almost all flax.

> > > >

> > > > The only sad part is doing exotics you can’t put it on another character. And the farming is just crazy. But if you have multiple characters at verdant brink and other maps with flax, do that and repeat. But ascended is far more grind then the flax. Farming leyline sparks is a nightmare if you don’t have enough currency in tangled depths. Just be happy your not doing that.

> > >

> > > Doing the events that give chak acid is better than trying to grind events for currency to buy keys. The ones that reward acid is a minimum of 3 which is worth 24 crystals while the ones that reward crystals only give 5.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > The events for chak are for the ley line sparks which are only ubtainable by opening chests in tangled depths vs gathering flax for regular viper gear. If your doing exotics you don’t have to worry about ley line sparks. However it is far more grind for sparks then gathering flax. Trust me iv done both.

> >

> > The cost that I calculated is from medium armor. I did not check by heavy or light.

> > However it’s still far less expensive then ascended gear cost. Full yassith ascended is 300 gold vs exotic 60-80 gold. 60-80 is easy to get these days. Just hit fractals and do leather farming.

> >

>

> This is the biggest mistake people make: 60-80 gold is only easy to make when you already have the gear that you're trying to make 60-80g to craft. "Just hit fractals" except low tier fractals aren't profitable, and you need full ascended for the truly profitable dailies which puts you at way over that 60-80g number you're talking about. And 60-80 is low-balling the medium cost by 10-20g.

You can make ~15-25g/hour doing some open world content (which requires no optimal gear). Even if you only did this one hour a day (15g) it would take less than 1 week. You can also get some Vipers gear from various things that don't all require crafting anything expensive, although it takes more time than simply getting the gold.

> @"Yamazuki.6073" said:

> > @"Sojourner.4621" said:

> > > > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > > > > @"blambidy.3216" said:

> > > > > > @"EpicName.4523" said:

> > > > > > Seems my post was not clear enough. Indeed, I am talking mostly about exotics. About limiting certain playstyles due to lack of gear. Of course, if you have ascended gear you can reforge it! But what if you don't? You want to play something even just to see if you like it, and you can't. At least not if you don't do pvp or wvw it seems.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Now tell me honestly, do you want a large influx of new unexperienced players who barely unlocked their elite specs to flood into pvp/wvw, because they can't gear up unless they craft?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Didn't think so...

> > > > > >

> > > > > > The reason why berserker and generally, old world stuff is easy to get is because there are world drops which come very cheap. If you look at the crafted exotics with the same stats - they are a lot more expensive. If the only way to get berserker was from crafting, new players won't be able to afford it for weeks! 2 gold per daily when a single piece of crafted berserker armor can go around 8-11 gold depending on the market.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > And this is exactly the situation when it comes to items with the HoT stats, especially viper. There are no cheap world drops, no vendors like the ones in Orr where you can blow some karma, nothing! The only guaranteed way is to do the HoT story on multiple alts. The very idea is just absurd. A new player has just been introduced into the game, he barely understands what is going on. A casual player will say that this exactly the kind of grind most other MMOs try to pursue.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Do you think any of those types of players will bother to level several characters just so he can play the way he wants? Do you think such player will have the gold or the patience to level the crafting skills he needs, blow significant amounts of money while doing it, then spend another several hundred to make each individual piece he lacks? It isn't just about the expense of crafting, it is about the fact that you can either go pvp/wvw of which you know nothing about, or spend everything you have and more on crafting.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > **All I ask is to introduce exotics with stats which will make half the elite specs in the game more accessible for someone who isn't a veteran with tons of ascended pieces in the bank. Add world drops, add vendors or something in the new living world seasons. Just fix this imbalance because it limits viable options for the new or more casual player base which seems to be the audience this game aims to please. This will help more people get into GW 2, give more choices, allow some players to find what they enjoy to play and therefore improve the game as a whole. **

> > > > >

> > > > > Couple scenarios. First viper exotics are expensive however they aren’t even half the price for ascended. For full armor yassith it’s about 300 gold. Vs 30 gold maybe for exotic viper. But I will probably talk about an easier method.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > You are underestimating the price "a bit".

> > > >

> > > > For the armor alone it is ...

> > > >

> > > > buy order / sell order

> > > > 68g66s / 85g84s - light

> > > > 67g93s / 99g07s - medium

> > > > 52g49s / 76g05s - heavy

> > > >

> > > > > Bitterfrost. Even though the trinkets and backpack aren’t exotic... it’s free. Farm the bad boy and you will get those trinkets faster then farming for exotic crafting mats.

> > > > >

> > > > > Fractals. Do the dailies and you can get the other trinkets from the mist trinkets and they can be changed.

> > > > >

> > > > > All of what I said is free remember this. But the work is just as much as getting regular vipers.

> > > > >

> > > > > Flax seed is The hardest part unless you have Moolah. Farm verdant brink. Since the map is almost all flax.

> > > > >

> > > > > The only sad part is doing exotics you can’t put it on another character. And the farming is just crazy. But if you have multiple characters at verdant brink and other maps with flax, do that and repeat. But ascended is far more grind then the flax. Farming leyline sparks is a nightmare if you don’t have enough currency in tangled depths. Just be happy your not doing that.

> > > >

> > > > Doing the events that give chak acid is better than trying to grind events for currency to buy keys. The ones that reward acid is a minimum of 3 which is worth 24 crystals while the ones that reward crystals only give 5.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > The events for chak are for the ley line sparks which are only ubtainable by opening chests in tangled depths vs gathering flax for regular viper gear. If your doing exotics you don’t have to worry about ley line sparks. However it is far more grind for sparks then gathering flax. Trust me iv done both.

> > >

> > > The cost that I calculated is from medium armor. I did not check by heavy or light.

> > > However it’s still far less expensive then ascended gear cost. Full yassith ascended is 300 gold vs exotic 60-80 gold. 60-80 is easy to get these days. Just hit fractals and do leather farming.

> > >

> >

> > This is the biggest mistake people make: 60-80 gold is only easy to make when you already have the gear that you're trying to make 60-80g to craft. "Just hit fractals" except low tier fractals aren't profitable, and you need full ascended for the truly profitable dailies which puts you at way over that 60-80g number you're talking about. And 60-80 is low-balling the medium cost by 10-20g.

>

> You can make ~15-25g/hour doing some open world content (which requires no optimal gear). Even if you only did this one hour a day (15g) it would take less than 1 week. You can also get some Vipers gear from various things that don't all require crafting anything expensive, although it takes more time than simply getting the gold.

There's still a culture issue here. It's easy for you or for me to make gold because we've been playing the game for a while. I've been playing the game since launch... if I want 100g by the end of the day I can do that if I put some effort in to it because I know how to make that kind of gold, know the strategies, and know what is optimal. It's dismissive and rude for the most part to go "Well it's not a problem because I can make gold easily and can afford it". Not everyone started playing at launch, or even a year, or even six months ago. New players show up and get immediately told that for their class they should be doing this or that stat set, but hey the only way to try that stat set is to shell out 70ish gold that they have no idea how to make because, as stated, new. And "It's easy, just run this meta or that farm" may as well be a separate gibberish language if they have never been in a fractal or to Silverwastes or Istan/Palawadan. It doesn't require optimal gear, but unsurprisingly the best farms actually DO require some preperation, such as riba farming in the silverwastes, where you'll want to maximize your MF before opening bags etc. A lot of us take for granted the account wide magic find we now have, for instance, but I can quantifiably state that I get far more rare drops from my main account with 240% MF than my alt account with something around 40%. Gold is flat out easier for me to make than for a new player looking to get really in to things for the first time, and that shouldn't be so lightly dismissed by the community. But more importantly, just because something isn't a problem to you doesn't mean it isn't for someone else, or that it's not something that we could look at and suggest improvements for.

The point is that HoT stats in particular for exotics tend to be overly expensive to obtain when compared to core or even some PoF stats (which are actually purchasable directly from the TP even without the expansion). I don't think it's terribly unreasonable for the OP to ask that there is a more reasonably priced method of acquiring these stats in exotic specifically (e.g. as named drops such as the marshal stat drops in PoF or the Zhed/etc drops in core) or potentially as currency rewards from HoT (like the core stats are obtainable via dungeon tokens or Grieving is obtainable via mosaics). With the cost of Black Diamonds coming down Viper is fairly reasonably priced to craft now, actually when compared to crafting core stats... but lets look at say the Maguuma lily or Freshwater Pearl which are both in the 7g range a piece, and so automatically makes the cost of each insignia shoot up from 5g per to 22g per. That brings the cost to 150ish gold to craft a full set of trailblazer or minstrel stats, which is quite frankly unreasonable.

> > @"Yamazuki.6073" said:

> > > @"Sojourner.4621" said:

> > > > > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > > > > > @"blambidy.3216" said:

> > > > > > > @"EpicName.4523" said:

> > > > > > > Seems my post was not clear enough. Indeed, I am talking mostly about exotics. About limiting certain playstyles due to lack of gear. Of course, if you have ascended gear you can reforge it! But what if you don't? You want to play something even just to see if you like it, and you can't. At least not if you don't do pvp or wvw it seems.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Now tell me honestly, do you want a large influx of new unexperienced players who barely unlocked their elite specs to flood into pvp/wvw, because they can't gear up unless they craft?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Didn't think so...

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > The reason why berserker and generally, old world stuff is easy to get is because there are world drops which come very cheap. If you look at the crafted exotics with the same stats - they are a lot more expensive. If the only way to get berserker was from crafting, new players won't be able to afford it for weeks! 2 gold per daily when a single piece of crafted berserker armor can go around 8-11 gold depending on the market.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > And this is exactly the situation when it comes to items with the HoT stats, especially viper. There are no cheap world drops, no vendors like the ones in Orr where you can blow some karma, nothing! The only guaranteed way is to do the HoT story on multiple alts. The very idea is just absurd. A new player has just been introduced into the game, he barely understands what is going on. A casual player will say that this exactly the kind of grind most other MMOs try to pursue.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Do you think any of those types of players will bother to level several characters just so he can play the way he wants? Do you think such player will have the gold or the patience to level the crafting skills he needs, blow significant amounts of money while doing it, then spend another several hundred to make each individual piece he lacks? It isn't just about the expense of crafting, it is about the fact that you can either go pvp/wvw of which you know nothing about, or spend everything you have and more on crafting.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > **All I ask is to introduce exotics with stats which will make half the elite specs in the game more accessible for someone who isn't a veteran with tons of ascended pieces in the bank. Add world drops, add vendors or something in the new living world seasons. Just fix this imbalance because it limits viable options for the new or more casual player base which seems to be the audience this game aims to please. This will help more people get into GW 2, give more choices, allow some players to find what they enjoy to play and therefore improve the game as a whole. **

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Couple scenarios. First viper exotics are expensive however they aren’t even half the price for ascended. For full armor yassith it’s about 300 gold. Vs 30 gold maybe for exotic viper. But I will probably talk about an easier method.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > You are underestimating the price "a bit".

> > > > >

> > > > > For the armor alone it is ...

> > > > >

> > > > > buy order / sell order

> > > > > 68g66s / 85g84s - light

> > > > > 67g93s / 99g07s - medium

> > > > > 52g49s / 76g05s - heavy

> > > > >

> > > > > > Bitterfrost. Even though the trinkets and backpack aren’t exotic... it’s free. Farm the bad boy and you will get those trinkets faster then farming for exotic crafting mats.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Fractals. Do the dailies and you can get the other trinkets from the mist trinkets and they can be changed.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > All of what I said is free remember this. But the work is just as much as getting regular vipers.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Flax seed is The hardest part unless you have Moolah. Farm verdant brink. Since the map is almost all flax.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > The only sad part is doing exotics you can’t put it on another character. And the farming is just crazy. But if you have multiple characters at verdant brink and other maps with flax, do that and repeat. But ascended is far more grind then the flax. Farming leyline sparks is a nightmare if you don’t have enough currency in tangled depths. Just be happy your not doing that.

> > > > >

> > > > > Doing the events that give chak acid is better than trying to grind events for currency to buy keys. The ones that reward acid is a minimum of 3 which is worth 24 crystals while the ones that reward crystals only give 5.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > The events for chak are for the ley line sparks which are only ubtainable by opening chests in tangled depths vs gathering flax for regular viper gear. If your doing exotics you don’t have to worry about ley line sparks. However it is far more grind for sparks then gathering flax. Trust me iv done both.

> > > >

> > > > The cost that I calculated is from medium armor. I did not check by heavy or light.

> > > > However it’s still far less expensive then ascended gear cost. Full yassith ascended is 300 gold vs exotic 60-80 gold. 60-80 is easy to get these days. Just hit fractals and do leather farming.

> > > >

> > >

> > > This is the biggest mistake people make: 60-80 gold is only easy to make when you already have the gear that you're trying to make 60-80g to craft. "Just hit fractals" except low tier fractals aren't profitable, and you need full ascended for the truly profitable dailies which puts you at way over that 60-80g number you're talking about. And 60-80 is low-balling the medium cost by 10-20g.

> >

> > You can make ~15-25g/hour doing some open world content (which requires no optimal gear). Even if you only did this one hour a day (15g) it would take less than 1 week. You can also get some Vipers gear from various things that don't all require crafting anything expensive, although it takes more time than simply getting the gold.

>

> There's still a culture issue here. It's easy for you or for me to make gold because we've been playing the game for a while.

I have not been playing for a very long time, and the op is not "new" by your standards either. I bought the game after HoT but didn't actually start playing until a few months ago, not long before them. Before that, I only did some pvp or didn't play at all due to _stuff_. The difference here is I'm not going to sit and wait around for developers to lower the cost of what I want, they're well aware of it, but it's obviously not a high priority problem. You also failed to take into account my math was under the assumption someone made only 15g for an entire day. One week for a set where minimal effort was put is not a long time in a game where gear only changes when your build does, your gear is not made entirely useless in 3-6 months like many MMORPGs.

Want to know why they make no gold? Because they don't want to, and enablers like you defend it. They could have asked how to make gold, instead they're asking for costs to drop. You could have offered ways to make gold, or how to get exotics with vipers stats, instead you come up with excuses for them.

Want to know what is rude? Making a bunch of assumptions of others and thinking because someone is "new" they are utterly incompetent to they point you can't be bothered to offer any advice. Completing dailies, open world dailies, and easy fractal dailies would easily earn that minimum 15g in a short time for the day. You simply can't hoard and expect 80 gold in a week from just gold generation. By the way, that's 80 in a week, don't respond as if I'm saying to make 80 in a single day. If you really want to help "new" players, how about actually give them information, instead of encouraging them to stay down.

That's all I'll say for this topic.

> > > > > Seems my post was not clear enough. Indeed, I am talking mostly about exotics. About limiting certain playstyles due to lack of gear. Of course, if you have ascended gear you can reforge it! But what if you don't? You want to play something even just to see if you like it, and you can't. At least not if you don't do pvp or wvw it seems.

> > > > >

> > > > > Now tell me honestly, do you want a large influx of new unexperienced players who barely unlocked their elite specs to flood into pvp/wvw, because they can't gear up unless they craft?

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > The reason why berserker and generally, old world stuff is easy to get is because there are world drops which come very cheap. If you look at the crafted exotics with the same stats - they are a lot more expensive. If the only way to get berserker was from crafting, new players won't be able to afford it for weeks! 2 gold per daily when a single piece of crafted berserker armor can go around 8-11 gold depending on the market.

> > > > >

> > > > > And this is exactly the situation when it comes to items with the HoT stats, especially viper. There are no cheap world drops, no vendors like the ones in Orr where you can blow some karma, nothing! The only guaranteed way is to do the HoT story on multiple alts. The very idea is just absurd. A new player has just been introduced into the game, he barely understands what is going on. A casual player will say that this exactly the kind of grind most other MMOs try to pursue.

> > > > >

> > > > > Do you think any of those types of players will bother to level several characters just so he can play the way he wants? Do you think such player will have the gold or the patience to level the crafting skills he needs, blow significant amounts of money while doing it, then spend another several hundred to make each individual piece he lacks? It isn't just about the expense of crafting, it is about the fact that you can either go pvp/wvw of which you know nothing about, or spend everything you have and more on crafting.

> > > > >

> > > > > **All I ask is to introduce exotics with stats which will make half the elite specs in the game more accessible for someone who isn't a veteran with tons of ascended pieces in the bank. Add world drops, add vendors or something in the new living world seasons. Just fix this imbalance because it limits viable options for the new or more casual player base which seems to be the audience this game aims to please. This will help more people get into GW 2, give more choices, allow some players to find what they enjoy to play and therefore improve the game as a whole. **

> > > >

> > > > Couple scenarios. First viper exotics are expensive however they aren’t even half the price for ascended. For full armor yassith it’s about 300 gold. Vs 30 gold maybe for exotic viper. But I will probably talk about an easier method.

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > > Bitterfrost. Even though the trinkets and backpack aren’t exotic... it’s free. Farm the bad boy and you will get those trinkets faster then farming for exotic crafting mats.

> > > >

> > > > Fractals. Do the dailies and you can get the other trinkets from the mist trinkets and they can be changed.

> > > >

> > > > All of what I said is free remember this. But the work is just as much as getting regular vipers.

> > > >

> > > > Flax seed is The hardest part unless you have Moolah. Farm verdant brink. Since the map is almost all flax.

> > > >

> > > > The only sad part is doing exotics you can’t put it on another character. And the farming is just crazy. But if you have multiple characters at verdant brink and other maps with flax, do that and repeat. But ascended is far more grind then the flax. Farming leyline sparks is a nightmare if you don’t have enough currency in tangled depths. Just be happy your not doing that.

> > >

> > > Doing the events that give chak acid is better than trying to grind events for currency to buy keys. The ones that reward acid is a minimum of 3 which is worth 24 crystals while the ones that reward crystals only give 5.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > The events for chak are for the ley line sparks which are only ubtainable by opening chests in tangled depths vs gathering flax for regular viper gear. If your doing exotics you don’t have to worry about ley line sparks. However it is far more grind for sparks then gathering flax. Trust me iv done both.

> >

> > The cost that I calculated is from medium armor. I did not check by heavy or light.

> > However it’s still far less expensive then ascended gear cost. Full yassith ascended is 300 gold vs exotic 60-80 gold. 60-80 is easy to get these days. Just hit fractals and do leather farming.

> >

>

> This is the biggest mistake people make: 60-80 gold is only easy to make when you already have the gear that you're trying to make 60-80g to craft. "Just hit fractals" except low tier fractals aren't profitable, and you need full ascended for the truly profitable dailies which puts you at way over that 60-80g number you're talking about. And 60-80 is low-balling the medium cost by 10-20g.

When you're a new player, any exotics will do for low level fractals. You're not even going to profit more until you advance your own fractal level enough.

More to the point: Wow, sorry low level fractals aren't profitable enough for content that can be casually done by anybody and that doesn't require any gear investment whatsoever. 60-80 gold were never *easier* to make.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

>

the thing wrong with this is

since when do low tier fractals COST GOLD?

never did

so everything gained in there is PROFIT

what you mean is they can't do T4 dailies well boohoo

> @"infrequentia.3465" said:

> > > > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > > > > > @"EpicName.4523" said:

> > > > > > Seems my post was not clear enough. Indeed, I am talking mostly about exotics. About limiting certain playstyles due to lack of gear. Of course, if you have ascended gear you can reforge it! But what if you don't? You want to play something even just to see if you like it, and you can't. At least not if you don't do pvp or wvw it seems.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Now tell me honestly, do you want a large influx of new unexperienced players who barely unlocked their elite specs to flood into pvp/wvw, because they can't gear up unless they craft?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Didn't think so...

> > > > > >

> > > > > > The reason why berserker and generally, old world stuff is easy to get is because there are world drops which come very cheap. If you look at the crafted exotics with the same stats - they are a lot more expensive. If the only way to get berserker was from crafting, new players won't be able to afford it for weeks! 2 gold per daily when a single piece of crafted berserker armor can go around 8-11 gold depending on the market.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > And this is exactly the situation when it comes to items with the HoT stats, especially viper. There are no cheap world drops, no vendors like the ones in Orr where you can blow some karma, nothing! The only guaranteed way is to do the HoT story on multiple alts. The very idea is just absurd. A new player has just been introduced into the game, he barely understands what is going on. A casual player will say that this exactly the kind of grind most other MMOs try to pursue.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Do you think any of those types of players will bother to level several characters just so he can play the way he wants? Do you think such player will have the gold or the patience to level the crafting skills he needs, blow significant amounts of money while doing it, then spend another several hundred to make each individual piece he lacks? It isn't just about the expense of crafting, it is about the fact that you can either go pvp/wvw of which you know nothing about, or spend everything you have and more on crafting.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > **All I ask is to introduce exotics with stats which will make half the elite specs in the game more accessible for someone who isn't a veteran with tons of ascended pieces in the bank. Add world drops, add vendors or something in the new living world seasons. Just fix this imbalance because it limits viable options for the new or more casual player base which seems to be the audience this game aims to please. This will help more people get into GW 2, give more choices, allow some players to find what they enjoy to play and therefore improve the game as a whole. **

> > > > >

> > > > > Couple scenarios. First viper exotics are expensive however they aren’t even half the price for ascended. For full armor yassith it’s about 300 gold. Vs 30 gold maybe for exotic viper. But I will probably talk about an easier method.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > You are underestimating the price "a bit".

> > > >

> > > > For the armor alone it is ...

> > > >

> > > > buy order / sell order

> > > > 68g66s / 85g84s - light

> > > > 67g93s / 99g07s - medium

> > > > 52g49s / 76g05s - heavy

> > > >

> > > > > Bitterfrost. Even though the trinkets and backpack aren’t exotic... it’s free. Farm the bad boy and you will get those trinkets faster then farming for exotic crafting mats.

> > > > >

> > > > > Fractals. Do the dailies and you can get the other trinkets from the mist trinkets and they can be changed.

> > > > >

> > > > > All of what I said is free remember this. But the work is just as much as getting regular vipers.

> > > > >

> > > > > Flax seed is The hardest part unless you have Moolah. Farm verdant brink. Since the map is almost all flax.

> > > > >

> > > > > The only sad part is doing exotics you can’t put it on another character. And the farming is just crazy. But if you have multiple characters at verdant brink and other maps with flax, do that and repeat. But ascended is far more grind then the flax. Farming leyline sparks is a nightmare if you don’t have enough currency in tangled depths. Just be happy your not doing that.

> > > >

> > > > Doing the events that give chak acid is better than trying to grind events for currency to buy keys. The ones that reward acid is a minimum of 3 which is worth 24 crystals while the ones that reward crystals only give 5.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > The events for chak are for the ley line sparks which are only ubtainable by opening chests in tangled depths vs gathering flax for regular viper gear. If your doing exotics you don’t have to worry about ley line sparks. However it is far more grind for sparks then gathering flax. Trust me iv done both.

> > >

> > > The cost that I calculated is from medium armor. I did not check by heavy or light.

> > > However it’s still far less expensive then ascended gear cost. Full yassith ascended is 300 gold vs exotic 60-80 gold. 60-80 is easy to get these days. Just hit fractals and do leather farming.

> > >

> >

> > This is the biggest mistake people make: 60-80 gold is only easy to make when you already have the gear that you're trying to make 60-80g to craft. "Just hit fractals" except low tier fractals aren't profitable, and you need full ascended for the truly profitable dailies which puts you at way over that 60-80g number you're talking about. And 60-80 is low-balling the medium cost by 10-20g.

>

> the thing wrong with this is

>

> since when do low tier fractals COST GOLD?

>

> never did

> so everything gained in there is PROFIT

>

> what you mean is they can't do T4 dailies well boohoo

Low tier fractals don't really cost gold, but they also don't really MAKE gold either, which was the argument being made. "Need 80 gold? Just do fractals" Nooooot really. The rewards for the lowest tiers are paltry and almost non-existent compared to doing daily t4s which reward you with the dailies for the three tiers beneath them as well, among other things. Doing strictly low tier fractals would actually be a significantly LESS rewarding way of spending your time for gold gains than even map completion while harvesting nodes you come across on the way... and that's a pretty slow way of making gold as well.

> > @"infrequentia.3465" said:

> > > @"Sojourner.4621" said:

> > > > > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > > > > > @"blambidy.3216" said:

> > > > > > > @"EpicName.4523" said:

> > > > > > > Seems my post was not clear enough. Indeed, I am talking mostly about exotics. About limiting certain playstyles due to lack of gear. Of course, if you have ascended gear you can reforge it! But what if you don't? You want to play something even just to see if you like it, and you can't. At least not if you don't do pvp or wvw it seems.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Now tell me honestly, do you want a large influx of new unexperienced players who barely unlocked their elite specs to flood into pvp/wvw, because they can't gear up unless they craft?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Didn't think so...

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > The reason why berserker and generally, old world stuff is easy to get is because there are world drops which come very cheap. If you look at the crafted exotics with the same stats - they are a lot more expensive. If the only way to get berserker was from crafting, new players won't be able to afford it for weeks! 2 gold per daily when a single piece of crafted berserker armor can go around 8-11 gold depending on the market.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > And this is exactly the situation when it comes to items with the HoT stats, especially viper. There are no cheap world drops, no vendors like the ones in Orr where you can blow some karma, nothing! The only guaranteed way is to do the HoT story on multiple alts. The very idea is just absurd. A new player has just been introduced into the game, he barely understands what is going on. A casual player will say that this exactly the kind of grind most other MMOs try to pursue.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Do you think any of those types of players will bother to level several characters just so he can play the way he wants? Do you think such player will have the gold or the patience to level the crafting skills he needs, blow significant amounts of money while doing it, then spend another several hundred to make each individual piece he lacks? It isn't just about the expense of crafting, it is about the fact that you can either go pvp/wvw of which you know nothing about, or spend everything you have and more on crafting.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > **All I ask is to introduce exotics with stats which will make half the elite specs in the game more accessible for someone who isn't a veteran with tons of ascended pieces in the bank. Add world drops, add vendors or something in the new living world seasons. Just fix this imbalance because it limits viable options for the new or more casual player base which seems to be the audience this game aims to please. This will help more people get into GW 2, give more choices, allow some players to find what they enjoy to play and therefore improve the game as a whole. **

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Couple scenarios. First viper exotics are expensive however they aren’t even half the price for ascended. For full armor yassith it’s about 300 gold. Vs 30 gold maybe for exotic viper. But I will probably talk about an easier method.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > You are underestimating the price "a bit".

> > > > >

> > > > > For the armor alone it is ...

> > > > >

> > > > > buy order / sell order

> > > > > 68g66s / 85g84s - light

> > > > > 67g93s / 99g07s - medium

> > > > > 52g49s / 76g05s - heavy

> > > > >

> > > > > > Bitterfrost. Even though the trinkets and backpack aren’t exotic... it’s free. Farm the bad boy and you will get those trinkets faster then farming for exotic crafting mats.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Fractals. Do the dailies and you can get the other trinkets from the mist trinkets and they can be changed.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > All of what I said is free remember this. But the work is just as much as getting regular vipers.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Flax seed is The hardest part unless you have Moolah. Farm verdant brink. Since the map is almost all flax.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > The only sad part is doing exotics you can’t put it on another character. And the farming is just crazy. But if you have multiple characters at verdant brink and other maps with flax, do that and repeat. But ascended is far more grind then the flax. Farming leyline sparks is a nightmare if you don’t have enough currency in tangled depths. Just be happy your not doing that.

> > > > >

> > > > > Doing the events that give chak acid is better than trying to grind events for currency to buy keys. The ones that reward acid is a minimum of 3 which is worth 24 crystals while the ones that reward crystals only give 5.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > The events for chak are for the ley line sparks which are only ubtainable by opening chests in tangled depths vs gathering flax for regular viper gear. If your doing exotics you don’t have to worry about ley line sparks. However it is far more grind for sparks then gathering flax. Trust me iv done both.

> > > >

> > > > The cost that I calculated is from medium armor. I did not check by heavy or light.

> > > > However it’s still far less expensive then ascended gear cost. Full yassith ascended is 300 gold vs exotic 60-80 gold. 60-80 is easy to get these days. Just hit fractals and do leather farming.

> > > >

> > >

> > > This is the biggest mistake people make: 60-80 gold is only easy to make when you already have the gear that you're trying to make 60-80g to craft. "Just hit fractals" except low tier fractals aren't profitable, and you need full ascended for the truly profitable dailies which puts you at way over that 60-80g number you're talking about. And 60-80 is low-balling the medium cost by 10-20g.

> >

> > the thing wrong with this is

> >

> > since when do low tier fractals COST GOLD?

> >

> > never did

> > so everything gained in there is PROFIT

> >

> > what you mean is they can't do T4 dailies well boohoo

>

> Low tier fractals don't really cost gold, but they also don't really MAKE gold either, which was the argument being made. "Need 80 gold? Just do fractals" Nooooot really. The rewards for the lowest tiers are paltry and almost non-existent compared to doing daily t4s which reward you with the dailies for the three tiers beneath them as well, among other things. Doing strictly low tier fractals would actually be a significantly LESS rewarding way of spending your time for gold gains than even map completion while harvesting nodes you come across on the way... and that's a pretty slow way of making gold as well.

mining copper is also non existent with t4

Doing fractals is not neccearly doing t4 wich has indeed higher rewards but t1-2 also give decent rewards

neither t1 nor t4 give 80g

> @"Yamazuki.6073" said:

> > > @"Yamazuki.6073" said:

> > > > @"Sojourner.4621" said:

> > > > > > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > > > > > > @"blambidy.3216" said:

> > > > > > > > @"EpicName.4523" said:

> > > > > > > > Seems my post was not clear enough. Indeed, I am talking mostly about exotics. About limiting certain playstyles due to lack of gear. Of course, if you have ascended gear you can reforge it! But what if you don't? You want to play something even just to see if you like it, and you can't. At least not if you don't do pvp or wvw it seems.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Now tell me honestly, do you want a large influx of new unexperienced players who barely unlocked their elite specs to flood into pvp/wvw, because they can't gear up unless they craft?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Didn't think so...

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > The reason why berserker and generally, old world stuff is easy to get is because there are world drops which come very cheap. If you look at the crafted exotics with the same stats - they are a lot more expensive. If the only way to get berserker was from crafting, new players won't be able to afford it for weeks! 2 gold per daily when a single piece of crafted berserker armor can go around 8-11 gold depending on the market.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > And this is exactly the situation when it comes to items with the HoT stats, especially viper. There are no cheap world drops, no vendors like the ones in Orr where you can blow some karma, nothing! The only guaranteed way is to do the HoT story on multiple alts. The very idea is just absurd. A new player has just been introduced into the game, he barely understands what is going on. A casual player will say that this exactly the kind of grind most other MMOs try to pursue.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Do you think any of those types of players will bother to level several characters just so he can play the way he wants? Do you think such player will have the gold or the patience to level the crafting skills he needs, blow significant amounts of money while doing it, then spend another several hundred to make each individual piece he lacks? It isn't just about the expense of crafting, it is about the fact that you can either go pvp/wvw of which you know nothing about, or spend everything you have and more on crafting.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > **All I ask is to introduce exotics with stats which will make half the elite specs in the game more accessible for someone who isn't a veteran with tons of ascended pieces in the bank. Add world drops, add vendors or something in the new living world seasons. Just fix this imbalance because it limits viable options for the new or more casual player base which seems to be the audience this game aims to please. This will help more people get into GW 2, give more choices, allow some players to find what they enjoy to play and therefore improve the game as a whole. **

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Couple scenarios. First viper exotics are expensive however they aren’t even half the price for ascended. For full armor yassith it’s about 300 gold. Vs 30 gold maybe for exotic viper. But I will probably talk about an easier method.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You are underestimating the price "a bit".

> > > > > >

> > > > > > For the armor alone it is ...

> > > > > >

> > > > > > buy order / sell order

> > > > > > 68g66s / 85g84s - light

> > > > > > 67g93s / 99g07s - medium

> > > > > > 52g49s / 76g05s - heavy

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > Bitterfrost. Even though the trinkets and backpack aren’t exotic... it’s free. Farm the bad boy and you will get those trinkets faster then farming for exotic crafting mats.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Fractals. Do the dailies and you can get the other trinkets from the mist trinkets and they can be changed.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > All of what I said is free remember this. But the work is just as much as getting regular vipers.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Flax seed is The hardest part unless you have Moolah. Farm verdant brink. Since the map is almost all flax.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > The only sad part is doing exotics you can’t put it on another character. And the farming is just crazy. But if you have multiple characters at verdant brink and other maps with flax, do that and repeat. But ascended is far more grind then the flax. Farming leyline sparks is a nightmare if you don’t have enough currency in tangled depths. Just be happy your not doing that.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Doing the events that give chak acid is better than trying to grind events for currency to buy keys. The ones that reward acid is a minimum of 3 which is worth 24 crystals while the ones that reward crystals only give 5.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > The events for chak are for the ley line sparks which are only ubtainable by opening chests in tangled depths vs gathering flax for regular viper gear. If your doing exotics you don’t have to worry about ley line sparks. However it is far more grind for sparks then gathering flax. Trust me iv done both.

> > > > >

> > > > > The cost that I calculated is from medium armor. I did not check by heavy or light.

> > > > > However it’s still far less expensive then ascended gear cost. Full yassith ascended is 300 gold vs exotic 60-80 gold. 60-80 is easy to get these days. Just hit fractals and do leather farming.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > This is the biggest mistake people make: 60-80 gold is only easy to make when you already have the gear that you're trying to make 60-80g to craft. "Just hit fractals" except low tier fractals aren't profitable, and you need full ascended for the truly profitable dailies which puts you at way over that 60-80g number you're talking about. And 60-80 is low-balling the medium cost by 10-20g.

> > >

> > > You can make ~15-25g/hour doing some open world content (which requires no optimal gear). Even if you only did this one hour a day (15g) it would take less than 1 week. You can also get some Vipers gear from various things that don't all require crafting anything expensive, although it takes more time than simply getting the gold.

> >

> > There's still a culture issue here. It's easy for you or for me to make gold because we've been playing the game for a while.

>

> I have not been playing for a very long time, and the op is not "new" by your standards either. I bought the game after HoT but didn't actually start playing until a few months ago, not long before them. Before that, I only did some pvp or didn't play at all due to _stuff_. The difference here is I'm not going to sit and wait around for developers to lower the cost of what I want, they're well aware of it, but it's obviously not a high priority problem. You also failed to take into account my math was under the assumption someone made only 15g for an entire day. One week for a set where minimal effort was put is not a long time in a game where gear only changes when your build does, your gear is not made entirely useless in 3-6 months like many MMORPGs.

>

> Want to know why they make no gold? Because they don't want to, and enablers like you defend it. They could have asked how to make gold, instead they're asking for costs to drop. You could have offered ways to make gold, or how to get exotics with vipers stats, instead you come up with excuses for them.

>

> Want to know what is rude? Making a bunch of assumptions of others and thinking because someone is "new" they are utterly incompetent to they point you can't be bothered to offer any advice. Completing dailies, open world dailies, and easy fractal dailies would easily earn that minimum 15g in a short time for the day. You simply can't hoard and expect 80 gold in a week from just gold generation. By the way, that's 80 in a week, don't respond as if I'm saying to make 80 in a single day. If you really want to help "new" players, how about actually give them information, instead of encouraging them to stay down.

>

> That's all I'll say for this topic.

I did mention ways to make gold, and I did suggest that it's possible, but that there is also a culture of "Don't ask for quality of life because I know how to make gold so you should stop complaining." In fact, I offer that kind of advice every time someone asks the best ways of making gold. That's NOT what the OP was asking.

None of this addresses the OPs concerns that there is an imbalance in the way different stats are rewarded. Core and PoF stats have ways of being acquired in the exotic that are cheaper and don't involve crafting, whether through drops (Marshal stats can drop, all core stats can drop as exotic armor) or some kind of currency (grieving acquired through mosaics, dungeon tokens for stats). HoT doesn't have that. It's not unreasonable to say "could we maybe have the most commonly recommended stat set in the game have a cheaper option" or "Could we maybe have the only option for exotic tier of trailblazer NOT cost 140g to craft?" There is no way that it is at all reasonable for an EXOTIC set of armor stats to cost that much gold. There SHOULD absolutely be a way to obtain it for cheaper, something more in line with the crafting cost of Viper (67g) at minimum. No one here has offered any good argument why this is an unreasonable request from the OP.

Edit: It doesn't mean anyone is "holding their breath" but that doesn't mean "just cause it may not happen soon, doesn't mean no one should ever mention it." Maybe people have brought it up in the past, but considering strides ANet has made in communication lately, it doesn't hurt to try and bring it to their attention again now. Heck, even an increase in drop rate of Freshwater Pearl and Maguuma Lily crafting items like they did with Black Diamonds would go a long way towards helping with this. It's not a big ask.

> I did mention ways to make gold, and I did suggest that it's possible, but that there is also a culture of "Don't ask for quality of life because I know how to make gold so you should stop complaining." In fact, I offer that kind of advice every time someone asks the best ways of making gold. That's NOT what the OP was asking.

>

> None of this addresses the OPs concerns that there is an imbalance in the way different stats are rewarded. Core and PoF stats have ways of being acquired in the exotic that are cheaper and don't involve crafting, whether through drops (Marshal stats can drop, all core stats can drop as exotic armor) or some kind of currency (grieving acquired through mosaics, dungeon tokens for stats). HoT doesn't have that. It's not unreasonable to say "could we maybe have the most commonly recommended stat set in the game have a cheaper option" or "Could we maybe have the only option for exotic tier of trailblazer NOT cost 140g to craft?" There is no way that it is at all reasonable for an EXOTIC set of armor stats to cost that much gold. There SHOULD absolutely be a way to obtain it for cheaper, something more in line with the crafting cost of Viper (67g) at minimum. No one here has offered any good argument why this is an unreasonable request from the OP.

>

> Edit: It doesn't mean anyone is "holding their breath" but that doesn't mean "just cause it may not happen soon, doesn't mean no one should ever mention it." Maybe people have brought it up in the past, but considering strides ANet has made in communication lately, it doesn't hurt to try and bring it to their attention again now. Heck, even an increase in drop rate of Freshwater Pearl and Maguuma Lily crafting items like they did with Black Diamonds would go a long way towards helping with this. It's not a big ask.

Finally someone who actually reads and understands. Anyone suggesting to level 6 alts and do HoT story just to get exotic viper on a single character is out of their mind. How much gold you make per week is irrelevant nor does it matter which tier fractals you do. All that matters is that for some builds you go to the TP and buy appropriate gear as soon as you get to 80 while for others you have to become quite inventive to gear up. And this was what this thread was all about.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

>

I only do t1s and t2s. When I started t1s I jumped in with no ascended gear at all. I don’t think I even had the right exotics at first. By doing the t1s I earned ten gold being inexperienced with fractals. Second place is lake Doric and go for leather farming. Since you have to craft keep the hardened leather. And once you make 30 patches sell everything from farming. In leather farming i have gotten 7 gold within 30 mins. Some people get more within that time. But going once all the way up and not back down that’s how much I got. But everything could waver.

Basically if you did that within couple hours, You have 17 gold. You do that for 5 days it’s 85 gold with barely doing anything. T1 fractals and leather farming. It’s not very hard as people say.

> No one here has offered any good argument why this is an unreasonable request from the OP.

Neither you, nor they, offered any real argument as to how is 80g a lot of gold to skip gathering materials. Viper armor can be earned from reward tracks, story, and even dropped in PoF, as well as some Spec armor; the armor can also be rewarded from an NPC. This means, you stating it needs to drop already happens. Viper armor can not be traded, and does not actually cost more than Grieving armor does. Grieving requires you to finish achievements, gather a secondary currency, in addition to gold; this all takes up equal to more time than Vipers. This also requires you to go out of your way to do something, where as gold/materials can just be gathered along the way, from normal dailies, and selling fractal boxes/excess mats. Vipers costing 80g is only 80g if you want to skip the entire process of gathering anything or getting it as a drop, or pvping. 80g for an entire exotic set isn't a lot relative to ascended armor.

You both are rejecting all ways of earning Viper armor, why should the developers make it even easier? As I said, GW2 is not a gear cycle game, Exotic/Ascended are permanently "high end" gear, why shouldn't there be a slight investment when going beyond "Rare"? Why do you need an ENTIRE set in a single day? What is wrong with a week (when casual)?

For more context, Core, Hot, and PoF are designed differently. Focusing solely on gold on a game with multiple currencies and time sinks is shortsighted. You are not looking at the bigger picture. If Vipers were at a merchant, it would come with the same silly requirements, as well as requiring another currency alongside gold. It makes sense for a material/gold oriented item to cost more gold than an achievement+secondary currency+gold item. There's a reason why buying a Legendary can cost ~2.5k-3k (Twilight as an example) gold to buy when going through the achievements/process will only cost ~1.5k-6 gold (when buying pre-+all materials...). The time taken to go through achievements, gather trophies, get other currencies on top of gold fees are a cost.

There's nothing more to say, as I'll end up just repeating Vipers drops already, can be earned elsewhere, balance of gold vs gold+currency+achievement, etc, so I'll just leave this as my final response to the subject.

> @"Yamazuki.6073" said:

> > No one here has offered any good argument why this is an unreasonable request from the OP.

> ~~Spoiler: Vipers gear does drop~~

No it doesn't. That's a lie.

>

> Neither you, nor they, offered any real argument as to how is 80g a lot of gold to skip gathering materials. Viper armor can be earned from reward tracks, story, and even dropped in PoF, as well as some Spec armor; the armor can also be rewarded from an NPC.

It absolutely DOES NOT drop in PoF, and can not be awarded by NPCs. The only ways to earn viper without crafting are pvp, wvw, and personal story, on six characters, to gear one. With viper being the meta for many classes chances are good you need vipers for all six of those characters, not just one of them. Everything about exotic viper dropping anywhere is a blatant lie. That doesn't actually happen. You frequently mention "casual play" but often casual play doesn't involve levelling crafting disciplines to 400, or PvPing enough to unlock the reward tracks to get the armor skins in any reasonable amount of time... mind you that is one reward track per single piece which in actual casual play can take a week on its own, not per full set. Once you put that work in, sure it makes it really easy to get, but it's still a month of work for the casual player or longer. By contrast, every core exotic stat set drops in game as level 80. One of the three exotic stat sets of PoF drop in game as level 80. We're asking for the almost mandatory viper to be added as an exotic stat set drop, but even that aside it doesn't touch on the other issue outlined here. VIPER ISN'T THE ONLY HoT STAT SET, NOR IS IT THE ONLY HoT META SET.

>This means, you stating it needs to drop already happens. Viper armor can not be traded, and does not actually cost more than Grieving armor does. Grieving requires you to finish achievements, gather a secondary currency, in addition to gold; this all takes up equal to more time than Vipers. This also requires you to go out of your way to do something, where as gold/materials can just be gathered along the way, from normal dailies, and selling fractal boxes/excess mats. Vipers costing 80g is only 80g if you want to skip the entire process of gathering anything or getting it as a drop, or pvping. 80g for an entire exotic set isn't a lot relative to ascended armor.

>

> You both are rejecting all ways of earning Viper armor, why should the developers make it even easier? As I said, GW2 is not a gear cycle game, Exotic/Ascended are permanently "high end" gear, why shouldn't there be a slight investment when going beyond "Rare"? Why do you need an ENTIRE set in a single day? What is wrong with a week (when casual)?

>

> For more context, Core, Hot, and PoF are designed differently. Focusing solely on gold on a game with multiple currencies and time sinks is shortsighted. You are not looking at the bigger picture. If Vipers were at a merchant, it would come with the same silly requirements, as well as requiring another currency alongside gold. It makes sense for a material/gold oriented item to cost more gold than an achievement+secondary currency+gold item. There's a reason why buying a Legendary can cost ~2.5k-3k (Twilight as an example) gold to buy when going through the achievements/process will only cost ~1.5k-6 gold (when buying pre-+all materials...). The time taken to go through achievements, gather trophies, get other currencies on top of gold fees are a cost.

>

> There's nothing more to say, as I'll end up just repeating Vipers drops already, can be earned elsewhere, balance of gold vs gold+currency+achievement, etc, so I'll just leave this as my final response to the subject.

You're saying viper, which while inconvenient to spend about 67g on a full set of meds (the price last I checked on efficiency) is not out of the realm of reasonable. I can almost agree that viper might be in a reasonable place despite maybe wanting it as exotic drops as well. However, I've said trailblazer and minstrel... three times... which costs 140g. That's NOT a small investment over rares... not even by a teensy bit. That's a very LARGE investment for a small rate of return. This is the cost I have set aside as unreasonable for an exotic set of armor. 67g might be higher than I would like, largely owing to elevated leather costs (though thankfully they have been slowly falling ever since Istan farms arrived) and the fact that they added 10 hardened leather to the gossamer patch recipe on HoT's release, but that is still only a third of the total cost to craft trailblazer's or minstrel's stats both of which are desirable in wvw, and this is owed to the fact that Freshwater Pearls and Maguuma Lilies are 16x more expensive than Black Diamonds or really any other base crafting material for specific stats due to absolutely miserable drop rates. But you're blatantly ignoring that... over... and over.