• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Kethavel.1759" said:

> > @"Moonlit.6421" said:

> > > @"Kethavel.1759" said:

> > > > @"Moonlit.6421" said:

> > > > > @"Kethavel.1759" said:

> > > > > The latest poll I saw [Private Poll] Do you enjoy Super Adventure Box? Why?

> > > > > 93 yes

> > > > > 56 no

> > > > > 24 never played

> > > > > 53% like it vs 32%, how does that reflect the "death of an artstyle."? A lot more people like it than hate it.

> > > > Keep in mind though that doesn't mean the same amount like the idea of SAB mount skins. I personally for example found the SAB to be a funny little gimmick for a short while each year. Now would I want to see players flying around on giant Beedogs in the land of Tyria? No lol.

> > > >

> > >

> > > You say that as is it is so abstract to have a Beedog in the "Land of Tyria" the same land that is in a video game that is entirely fictional. The same could have been said about many things, we have dead fish and rocks with eyeballs for mini pets, disco ball and toy weapon skins, floppy scimitar, the list goes on there are TONS of goofy oddball things in the fictional land of Tyria.

> >

> > Actually to be fair I said nothing about it being "abstract" as you said, just pointed out that the poll you mentioned does not particularly support the topic of this thread. As for the skins I said, as mentioned in the quote above, that **I** personally wouldn't like them and wouldn't want see players flying all over Tyria with them. Just as you have a right and reason to want them, I have a right to stand on the other side of the line and disagree with you, and that is all I've done so far. While we could get into a lore based discussion on it I chose not to as I personally have no interest in doing so and as you mentioned in your op you'd have no intention of listening, even if I did bring up a good point regarding the matter, so I see no point in wasting my time with that.

>

> Of course you can disagree, but doesn't mean the reasoning makes logical sense.

> I never said you said it was "abstract" literally, I wrote that your comment makes it seem as if it is abstract to have a beedog mount in Tyria.

> Referring to your comment where you said "Now would I want to see players flying around on giant Beedogs in the land of Tyria? No lol.". You gave no reasons behind that train of thought, leaving me to believe your reasoning could only be because you think it does not fit in with the rest of Tyria hence making it abstract.

> In which case if that was your reasoning it would be very hard to justify given the immense number of already odd things we have in tyria, discoball and confetti gun weapons, christmas wrapped weapons, floppy scimitar swords, rainbow unicorns, and dancing llama finishers, list goes on forever.

> And yes I had originally posted that I don't care about SAB hate comments, because I already know some people don't like it just like everything else in the world some people hate it, nothing new, I just felt the need to post this as an idea for Anet even though they probably don't read these threads for ideas much, and to share it with other people who like the idea.

No hate comment (because I love SAB) but if you want valid reason for why SAB stuff shouldn't be out in the open world, here it is. It's a virtual reality environment that exists only inside the Super Adventure Box. Which means you'd need the necessary hardware to see SAB stuff outside of the actual box. As long as this game doesn't have virtual reality headsets for our characters, they shouldn't even be able to see all those SAB minis, weapons and gliders. All those other joke skins you're talking about are not VR objects and are designed within the visual parameters of Tyria. That's where the difference lies.

> @"TheNecrosanct.4028" said:

> > @"Kethavel.1759" said:

> > > @"Moonlit.6421" said:

> > > > @"Kethavel.1759" said:

> > > > > @"Moonlit.6421" said:

> > > > > > @"Kethavel.1759" said:

> > > > > > The latest poll I saw [Private Poll] Do you enjoy Super Adventure Box? Why?

> > > > > > 93 yes

> > > > > > 56 no

> > > > > > 24 never played

> > > > > > 53% like it vs 32%, how does that reflect the "death of an artstyle."? A lot more people like it than hate it.

> > > > > Keep in mind though that doesn't mean the same amount like the idea of SAB mount skins. I personally for example found the SAB to be a funny little gimmick for a short while each year. Now would I want to see players flying around on giant Beedogs in the land of Tyria? No lol.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > You say that as is it is so abstract to have a Beedog in the "Land of Tyria" the same land that is in a video game that is entirely fictional. The same could have been said about many things, we have dead fish and rocks with eyeballs for mini pets, disco ball and toy weapon skins, floppy scimitar, the list goes on there are TONS of goofy oddball things in the fictional land of Tyria.

> > >

> > > Actually to be fair I said nothing about it being "abstract" as you said, just pointed out that the poll you mentioned does not particularly support the topic of this thread. As for the skins I said, as mentioned in the quote above, that **I** personally wouldn't like them and wouldn't want see players flying all over Tyria with them. Just as you have a right and reason to want them, I have a right to stand on the other side of the line and disagree with you, and that is all I've done so far. While we could get into a lore based discussion on it I chose not to as I personally have no interest in doing so and as you mentioned in your op you'd have no intention of listening, even if I did bring up a good point regarding the matter, so I see no point in wasting my time with that.

> >

> > Of course you can disagree, but doesn't mean the reasoning makes logical sense.

> > I never said you said it was "abstract" literally, I wrote that your comment makes it seem as if it is abstract to have a beedog mount in Tyria.

> > Referring to your comment where you said "Now would I want to see players flying around on giant Beedogs in the land of Tyria? No lol.". You gave no reasons behind that train of thought, leaving me to believe your reasoning could only be because you think it does not fit in with the rest of Tyria hence making it abstract.

> > In which case if that was your reasoning it would be very hard to justify given the immense number of already odd things we have in tyria, discoball and confetti gun weapons, christmas wrapped weapons, floppy scimitar swords, rainbow unicorns, and dancing llama finishers, list goes on forever.

> > And yes I had originally posted that I don't care about SAB hate comments, because I already know some people don't like it just like everything else in the world some people hate it, nothing new, I just felt the need to post this as an idea for Anet even though they probably don't read these threads for ideas much, and to share it with other people who like the idea.

>

> No hate comment (because I love SAB) but if you want valid reason for why SAB stuff shouldn't be out in the open world, here it is. It's a virtual reality environment that exists only inside the Super Adventure Box. Which means you'd need the necessary hardware to see SAB stuff outside of the actual box. As long as this game doesn't have virtual reality headsets for our characters, they shouldn't even be able to see all those SAB minis, weapons and gliders. All those other joke skins you're talking about are not VR objects and are designed within the visual parameters of Tyria. That's where the difference lies.

Again Tyria is not Earth. Everything in the game world defies all physics and logic of Earth. All the lore breaking and art style wrecking comments are hilariously wrong. The asurans have floating hammock beds TONS of flashy holographic computers (which by the way are the same thing art and graphics as sab mini pets and weapons) if you make any argument that SAB breaks the game lore or artstyle then you are also saying the Asurans in general do too.

Theres a random human shaped anomaly that appears randomly throughout Tyria, it even spawns within SAB. Asuran experiments are always physics and reality breaking, heck an NPC in Rata Sum even mentions how the water near an accident flows the opposite direction. Imo people who make those arguments against SAB just was something to hate and have nothing better to do.

> @"Kethavel.1759" said:

> > @"TheNecrosanct.4028" said:

> > > > @"Moonlit.6421" said:

> > > > > > @"Moonlit.6421" said:

> > > > > > > @"Kethavel.1759" said:

> > > > > > > The latest poll I saw [Private Poll] Do you enjoy Super Adventure Box? Why?

> > > > > > > 93 yes

> > > > > > > 56 no

> > > > > > > 24 never played

> > > > > > > 53% like it vs 32%, how does that reflect the "death of an artstyle."? A lot more people like it than hate it.

> > > > > > Keep in mind though that doesn't mean the same amount like the idea of SAB mount skins. I personally for example found the SAB to be a funny little gimmick for a short while each year. Now would I want to see players flying around on giant Beedogs in the land of Tyria? No lol.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > You say that as is it is so abstract to have a Beedog in the "Land of Tyria" the same land that is in a video game that is entirely fictional. The same could have been said about many things, we have dead fish and rocks with eyeballs for mini pets, disco ball and toy weapon skins, floppy scimitar, the list goes on there are TONS of goofy oddball things in the fictional land of Tyria.

> > > >

> > > > Actually to be fair I said nothing about it being "abstract" as you said, just pointed out that the poll you mentioned does not particularly support the topic of this thread. As for the skins I said, as mentioned in the quote above, that **I** personally wouldn't like them and wouldn't want see players flying all over Tyria with them. Just as you have a right and reason to want them, I have a right to stand on the other side of the line and disagree with you, and that is all I've done so far. While we could get into a lore based discussion on it I chose not to as I personally have no interest in doing so and as you mentioned in your op you'd have no intention of listening, even if I did bring up a good point regarding the matter, so I see no point in wasting my time with that.

> > >

> > > Of course you can disagree, but doesn't mean the reasoning makes logical sense.

> > > I never said you said it was "abstract" literally, I wrote that your comment makes it seem as if it is abstract to have a beedog mount in Tyria.

> > > Referring to your comment where you said "Now would I want to see players flying around on giant Beedogs in the land of Tyria? No lol.". You gave no reasons behind that train of thought, leaving me to believe your reasoning could only be because you think it does not fit in with the rest of Tyria hence making it abstract.

> > > In which case if that was your reasoning it would be very hard to justify given the immense number of already odd things we have in tyria, discoball and confetti gun weapons, christmas wrapped weapons, floppy scimitar swords, rainbow unicorns, and dancing llama finishers, list goes on forever.

> > > And yes I had originally posted that I don't care about SAB hate comments, because I already know some people don't like it just like everything else in the world some people hate it, nothing new, I just felt the need to post this as an idea for Anet even though they probably don't read these threads for ideas much, and to share it with other people who like the idea.

> >

> > No hate comment (because I love SAB) but if you want valid reason for why SAB stuff shouldn't be out in the open world, here it is. It's a virtual reality environment that exists only inside the Super Adventure Box. Which means you'd need the necessary hardware to see SAB stuff outside of the actual box. As long as this game doesn't have virtual reality headsets for our characters, they shouldn't even be able to see all those SAB minis, weapons and gliders. All those other joke skins you're talking about are not VR objects and are designed within the visual parameters of Tyria. That's where the difference lies.

>

> Again Tyria is not Earth. Everything in the game world defies all physics and logic of Earth. All the lore breaking and art style wrecking comments are hilariously wrong. The asurans have floating hammock beds TONS of flashy holographic computers (which by the way are the same thing art and graphics as sab mini pets and weapons) if you make any argument that SAB breaks the game lore or artstyle then you are also saying the Asurans in general do too.

>

> Theres a random human shaped anomaly that appears randomly throughout Tyria, it even spawns within SAB. Asuran experiments are always physics and reality breaking, heck an NPC in Rata Sum even mentions how the water near an accident flows the opposite direction. Imo people who make those arguments against SAB just was something to hate and have nothing better to do.

Weird, the asura holographic computer terminals, etc do not look like 8bit throwbacks to me.

> @"Kethavel.1759" said:

> >

> > No hate comment (because I love SAB) but if you want valid reason for why SAB stuff shouldn't be out in the open world, here it is. It's a virtual reality environment that exists only inside the Super Adventure Box. Which means you'd need the necessary hardware to see SAB stuff outside of the actual box. As long as this game doesn't have virtual reality headsets for our characters, they shouldn't even be able to see all those SAB minis, weapons and gliders. All those other joke skins you're talking about are not VR objects and are designed within the visual parameters of Tyria. That's where the difference lies.

>

> Again Tyria is not Earth. Everything in the game world defies all physics and logic of Earth. All the lore breaking and art style wrecking comments are hilariously wrong. The asurans have floating hammock beds TONS of flashy holographic computers (which by the way are the same thing art and graphics as sab mini pets and weapons) if you make any argument that SAB breaks the game lore or artstyle then you are also saying the Asurans in general do too.

>

> Theres a random human shaped anomaly that appears randomly throughout Tyria, it even spawns within SAB. Asuran experiments are always physics and reality breaking, heck an NPC in Rata Sum even mentions how the water near an accident flows the opposite direction. Imo people who make those arguments against SAB just was something to hate and have nothing better to do.

"...people who make those arguments against SAB just was something to hate and have nothing better to do"

He literally started his post with "No hate comment" and gave a logical, well thought our reply to the topic of this thread lol. Comments like this basically make it look like you are saying "either you agree with me or your wrong and can get off my thread" which really isn't helpful if your trying to have a discussion justifying why something deserves/doesn't deserve to exist within the game.

Its the same vibe I felt when I posted on this thread previously which is why I stopped replying, and the only reason I'm looking at it again right now is because people keep quoting each other and leaving all the previous quotes in, which tags me every time even though I'm not being addressed. >>"

> @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > @"TheNecrosanct.4028" said:

> > > > > @"Moonlit.6421" said:

> > > > > > > @"Moonlit.6421" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Kethavel.1759" said:

> > > > > > > > The latest poll I saw [Private Poll] Do you enjoy Super Adventure Box? Why?

> > > > > > > > 93 yes

> > > > > > > > 56 no

> > > > > > > > 24 never played

> > > > > > > > 53% like it vs 32%, how does that reflect the "death of an artstyle."? A lot more people like it than hate it.

> > > > > > > Keep in mind though that doesn't mean the same amount like the idea of SAB mount skins. I personally for example found the SAB to be a funny little gimmick for a short while each year. Now would I want to see players flying around on giant Beedogs in the land of Tyria? No lol.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You say that as is it is so abstract to have a Beedog in the "Land of Tyria" the same land that is in a video game that is entirely fictional. The same could have been said about many things, we have dead fish and rocks with eyeballs for mini pets, disco ball and toy weapon skins, floppy scimitar, the list goes on there are TONS of goofy oddball things in the fictional land of Tyria.

> > > > >

> > > > > Actually to be fair I said nothing about it being "abstract" as you said, just pointed out that the poll you mentioned does not particularly support the topic of this thread. As for the skins I said, as mentioned in the quote above, that **I** personally wouldn't like them and wouldn't want see players flying all over Tyria with them. Just as you have a right and reason to want them, I have a right to stand on the other side of the line and disagree with you, and that is all I've done so far. While we could get into a lore based discussion on it I chose not to as I personally have no interest in doing so and as you mentioned in your op you'd have no intention of listening, even if I did bring up a good point regarding the matter, so I see no point in wasting my time with that.

> > > >

> > > > Of course you can disagree, but doesn't mean the reasoning makes logical sense.

> > > > I never said you said it was "abstract" literally, I wrote that your comment makes it seem as if it is abstract to have a beedog mount in Tyria.

> > > > Referring to your comment where you said "Now would I want to see players flying around on giant Beedogs in the land of Tyria? No lol.". You gave no reasons behind that train of thought, leaving me to believe your reasoning could only be because you think it does not fit in with the rest of Tyria hence making it abstract.

> > > > In which case if that was your reasoning it would be very hard to justify given the immense number of already odd things we have in tyria, discoball and confetti gun weapons, christmas wrapped weapons, floppy scimitar swords, rainbow unicorns, and dancing llama finishers, list goes on forever.

> > > > And yes I had originally posted that I don't care about SAB hate comments, because I already know some people don't like it just like everything else in the world some people hate it, nothing new, I just felt the need to post this as an idea for Anet even though they probably don't read these threads for ideas much, and to share it with other people who like the idea.

> > >

> > > No hate comment (because I love SAB) but if you want valid reason for why SAB stuff shouldn't be out in the open world, here it is. It's a virtual reality environment that exists only inside the Super Adventure Box. Which means you'd need the necessary hardware to see SAB stuff outside of the actual box. As long as this game doesn't have virtual reality headsets for our characters, they shouldn't even be able to see all those SAB minis, weapons and gliders. All those other joke skins you're talking about are not VR objects and are designed within the visual parameters of Tyria. That's where the difference lies.

> >

> > Again Tyria is not Earth. Everything in the game world defies all physics and logic of Earth. All the lore breaking and art style wrecking comments are hilariously wrong. The asurans have floating hammock beds TONS of flashy holographic computers (which by the way are the same thing art and graphics as sab mini pets and weapons) if you make any argument that SAB breaks the game lore or artstyle then you are also saying the Asurans in general do too.

> >

> > Theres a random human shaped anomaly that appears randomly throughout Tyria, it even spawns within SAB. Asuran experiments are always physics and reality breaking, heck an NPC in Rata Sum even mentions how the water near an accident flows the opposite direction. Imo people who make those arguments against SAB just was something to hate and have nothing better to do.

>

> Weird, the asura holographic computer terminals, etc do not look like 8bit throwbacks to me.

The argument was that they break the artstyle of guild wars 2 and lore. The lore of SAB is that Moto, an asuran inventor invented a virtual reality video game which is what Asura do, they invent stuff. The bit count shouldn't matter the lore is that the one he made is the first and it just so happens to be 8-bit, it coulda been 16, 64, or any bit. The lore works and the mere fact that it's "8-bit" therefore it's bad itself isn't really anything more than a gut feeling or emotion the haters have without any good reason other than that's how they feel which is totally fine. Everyone has an opinion but to express one's hatred of 8-bit or SAB for literally nothing more than one's emotion is what I wanted to avoid here and the post was originally just to make a suggestion about possible content amongst people who like it.

> @"Moonlit.6421" said:

> > > @"TheNecrosanct.4028" said:

> > >

> > > No hate comment (because I love SAB) but if you want valid reason for why SAB stuff shouldn't be out in the open world, here it is. It's a virtual reality environment that exists only inside the Super Adventure Box. Which means you'd need the necessary hardware to see SAB stuff outside of the actual box. As long as this game doesn't have virtual reality headsets for our characters, they shouldn't even be able to see all those SAB minis, weapons and gliders. All those other joke skins you're talking about are not VR objects and are designed within the visual parameters of Tyria. That's where the difference lies.

> >

> > Again Tyria is not Earth. Everything in the game world defies all physics and logic of Earth. All the lore breaking and art style wrecking comments are hilariously wrong. The asurans have floating hammock beds TONS of flashy holographic computers (which by the way are the same thing art and graphics as sab mini pets and weapons) if you make any argument that SAB breaks the game lore or artstyle then you are also saying the Asurans in general do too.

> >

> > Theres a random human shaped anomaly that appears randomly throughout Tyria, it even spawns within SAB. Asuran experiments are always physics and reality breaking, heck an NPC in Rata Sum even mentions how the water near an accident flows the opposite direction. Imo people who make those arguments against SAB just was something to hate and have nothing better to do.

>

> "...people who make those arguments against SAB just was something to hate and have nothing better to do"

> He literally started his post with "No hate comment" and gave a logical, well thought our reply to the topic of this thread lol. Comments like this basically make it look like you are saying "either you agree with me or your wrong and can get off my thread" which really isn't helpful if your trying to have a discussion justifying why something deserves/doesn't deserve to exist within the game.

> Its the same vibe I felt when I posted on this thread previously which is why I stopped replying, and the only reason I'm looking at it again right now is because people keep quoting each other and leaving all the previous quotes in, which tags me every time even though I'm not being addressed. >>"

That's exactly why I tried to specify not to post dumb I hate SAB and 8-stuff etc comments. My post was supposed to be for people who like it to talk about the idea or other mount skin SAB creature combinations, decorations etc in a positive manner, not once in the original post did I suggest this was about whether or not you like SAB or 8-bit things or if it fits into gw2 or not, but people post it anyways.

I never said he directly posted anything hateful, I simply said people and never directly said anything bad about him. People just hijack the post and turn it into an emotional dumping ground to vent their hatred of SAB and 8-bit stuff in gw2. Good hate it, have an opinion we are all entitled but this post was not asking your opinion on SAB itself at all.

> @"Kethavel.1759" said:

> > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > > @"TheNecrosanct.4028" said:

> > > > > > @"Moonlit.6421" said:

> > > > > > > @"Kethavel.1759" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Moonlit.6421" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Kethavel.1759" said:

> > > > > > > > > The latest poll I saw [Private Poll] Do you enjoy Super Adventure Box? Why?

> > > > > > > > > 93 yes

> > > > > > > > > 56 no

> > > > > > > > > 24 never played

> > > > > > > > > 53% like it vs 32%, how does that reflect the "death of an artstyle."? A lot more people like it than hate it.

> > > > > > > > Keep in mind though that doesn't mean the same amount like the idea of SAB mount skins. I personally for example found the SAB to be a funny little gimmick for a short while each year. Now would I want to see players flying around on giant Beedogs in the land of Tyria? No lol.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > You say that as is it is so abstract to have a Beedog in the "Land of Tyria" the same land that is in a video game that is entirely fictional. The same could have been said about many things, we have dead fish and rocks with eyeballs for mini pets, disco ball and toy weapon skins, floppy scimitar, the list goes on there are TONS of goofy oddball things in the fictional land of Tyria.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Actually to be fair I said nothing about it being "abstract" as you said, just pointed out that the poll you mentioned does not particularly support the topic of this thread. As for the skins I said, as mentioned in the quote above, that **I** personally wouldn't like them and wouldn't want see players flying all over Tyria with them. Just as you have a right and reason to want them, I have a right to stand on the other side of the line and disagree with you, and that is all I've done so far. While we could get into a lore based discussion on it I chose not to as I personally have no interest in doing so and as you mentioned in your op you'd have no intention of listening, even if I did bring up a good point regarding the matter, so I see no point in wasting my time with that.

> > > > >

> > > > > Of course you can disagree, but doesn't mean the reasoning makes logical sense.

> > > > > I never said you said it was "abstract" literally, I wrote that your comment makes it seem as if it is abstract to have a beedog mount in Tyria.

> > > > > Referring to your comment where you said "Now would I want to see players flying around on giant Beedogs in the land of Tyria? No lol.". You gave no reasons behind that train of thought, leaving me to believe your reasoning could only be because you think it does not fit in with the rest of Tyria hence making it abstract.

> > > > > In which case if that was your reasoning it would be very hard to justify given the immense number of already odd things we have in tyria, discoball and confetti gun weapons, christmas wrapped weapons, floppy scimitar swords, rainbow unicorns, and dancing llama finishers, list goes on forever.

> > > > > And yes I had originally posted that I don't care about SAB hate comments, because I already know some people don't like it just like everything else in the world some people hate it, nothing new, I just felt the need to post this as an idea for Anet even though they probably don't read these threads for ideas much, and to share it with other people who like the idea.

> > > >

> > > > No hate comment (because I love SAB) but if you want valid reason for why SAB stuff shouldn't be out in the open world, here it is. It's a virtual reality environment that exists only inside the Super Adventure Box. Which means you'd need the necessary hardware to see SAB stuff outside of the actual box. As long as this game doesn't have virtual reality headsets for our characters, they shouldn't even be able to see all those SAB minis, weapons and gliders. All those other joke skins you're talking about are not VR objects and are designed within the visual parameters of Tyria. That's where the difference lies.

> > >

> > > Again Tyria is not Earth. Everything in the game world defies all physics and logic of Earth. All the lore breaking and art style wrecking comments are hilariously wrong. The asurans have floating hammock beds TONS of flashy holographic computers (which by the way are the same thing art and graphics as sab mini pets and weapons) if you make any argument that SAB breaks the game lore or artstyle then you are also saying the Asurans in general do too.

> > >

> > > Theres a random human shaped anomaly that appears randomly throughout Tyria, it even spawns within SAB. Asuran experiments are always physics and reality breaking, heck an NPC in Rata Sum even mentions how the water near an accident flows the opposite direction. Imo people who make those arguments against SAB just was something to hate and have nothing better to do.

> >

> > Weird, the asura holographic computer terminals, etc do not look like 8bit throwbacks to me.

>

> The argument was that they break the artstyle of guild wars 2 and lore. The lore of SAB is that Moto, an asuran inventor invented a virtual reality video game which is what Asura do, they invent stuff. The bit count shouldn't matter the lore is that the one he made is the first and it just so happens to be 8-bit, it coulda been 16, 64, or any bit. The lore works and the mere fact that it's "8-bit" therefore it's bad itself isn't really anything more than a gut feeling or emotion the haters have without any good reason other than that's how they feel which is totally fine. Everyone has an opinion but to express one's hatred of 8-bit or SAB for literally nothing more than one's emotion is what I wanted to avoid here and the post was originally just to make a suggestion about possible content amongst people who like it.

The statement was that if one found sab art style to be out of place then one must find asura tech art style to also be out of place.

Non sab asura art style does not look like sab art.

> @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > > > @"TheNecrosanct.4028" said:

> > > > > > > @"Moonlit.6421" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Kethavel.1759" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Moonlit.6421" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Kethavel.1759" said:

> > > > > > > > > > The latest poll I saw [Private Poll] Do you enjoy Super Adventure Box? Why?

> > > > > > > > > > 93 yes

> > > > > > > > > > 56 no

> > > > > > > > > > 24 never played

> > > > > > > > > > 53% like it vs 32%, how does that reflect the "death of an artstyle."? A lot more people like it than hate it.

> > > > > > > > > Keep in mind though that doesn't mean the same amount like the idea of SAB mount skins. I personally for example found the SAB to be a funny little gimmick for a short while each year. Now would I want to see players flying around on giant Beedogs in the land of Tyria? No lol.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > You say that as is it is so abstract to have a Beedog in the "Land of Tyria" the same land that is in a video game that is entirely fictional. The same could have been said about many things, we have dead fish and rocks with eyeballs for mini pets, disco ball and toy weapon skins, floppy scimitar, the list goes on there are TONS of goofy oddball things in the fictional land of Tyria.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Actually to be fair I said nothing about it being "abstract" as you said, just pointed out that the poll you mentioned does not particularly support the topic of this thread. As for the skins I said, as mentioned in the quote above, that **I** personally wouldn't like them and wouldn't want see players flying all over Tyria with them. Just as you have a right and reason to want them, I have a right to stand on the other side of the line and disagree with you, and that is all I've done so far. While we could get into a lore based discussion on it I chose not to as I personally have no interest in doing so and as you mentioned in your op you'd have no intention of listening, even if I did bring up a good point regarding the matter, so I see no point in wasting my time with that.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Of course you can disagree, but doesn't mean the reasoning makes logical sense.

> > > > > > I never said you said it was "abstract" literally, I wrote that your comment makes it seem as if it is abstract to have a beedog mount in Tyria.

> > > > > > Referring to your comment where you said "Now would I want to see players flying around on giant Beedogs in the land of Tyria? No lol.". You gave no reasons behind that train of thought, leaving me to believe your reasoning could only be because you think it does not fit in with the rest of Tyria hence making it abstract.

> > > > > > In which case if that was your reasoning it would be very hard to justify given the immense number of already odd things we have in tyria, discoball and confetti gun weapons, christmas wrapped weapons, floppy scimitar swords, rainbow unicorns, and dancing llama finishers, list goes on forever.

> > > > > > And yes I had originally posted that I don't care about SAB hate comments, because I already know some people don't like it just like everything else in the world some people hate it, nothing new, I just felt the need to post this as an idea for Anet even though they probably don't read these threads for ideas much, and to share it with other people who like the idea.

> > > > >

> > > > > No hate comment (because I love SAB) but if you want valid reason for why SAB stuff shouldn't be out in the open world, here it is. It's a virtual reality environment that exists only inside the Super Adventure Box. Which means you'd need the necessary hardware to see SAB stuff outside of the actual box. As long as this game doesn't have virtual reality headsets for our characters, they shouldn't even be able to see all those SAB minis, weapons and gliders. All those other joke skins you're talking about are not VR objects and are designed within the visual parameters of Tyria. That's where the difference lies.

> > > >

> > > > Again Tyria is not Earth. Everything in the game world defies all physics and logic of Earth. All the lore breaking and art style wrecking comments are hilariously wrong. The asurans have floating hammock beds TONS of flashy holographic computers (which by the way are the same thing art and graphics as sab mini pets and weapons) if you make any argument that SAB breaks the game lore or artstyle then you are also saying the Asurans in general do too.

> > > >

> > > > Theres a random human shaped anomaly that appears randomly throughout Tyria, it even spawns within SAB. Asuran experiments are always physics and reality breaking, heck an NPC in Rata Sum even mentions how the water near an accident flows the opposite direction. Imo people who make those arguments against SAB just was something to hate and have nothing better to do.

> > >

> > > Weird, the asura holographic computer terminals, etc do not look like 8bit throwbacks to me.

> >

> > The argument was that they break the artstyle of guild wars 2 and lore. The lore of SAB is that Moto, an asuran inventor invented a virtual reality video game which is what Asura do, they invent stuff. The bit count shouldn't matter the lore is that the one he made is the first and it just so happens to be 8-bit, it coulda been 16, 64, or any bit. The lore works and the mere fact that it's "8-bit" therefore it's bad itself isn't really anything more than a gut feeling or emotion the haters have without any good reason other than that's how they feel which is totally fine. Everyone has an opinion but to express one's hatred of 8-bit or SAB for literally nothing more than one's emotion is what I wanted to avoid here and the post was originally just to make a suggestion about possible content amongst people who like it.

>

> The statement was that if one found sab art style to be out of place then one must find asura tech art style to also be out of place.

>

> Non sab asura art style does not look like sab art.

SAB is Asuran lol. It was invented by an Asuran! It's actually less of a gimmick and joke as people have called it than lots of other things including some legendaries like moot. Dancing llamas too!

I feel that most gamers don't have any clue how vidja gajms work. It is not as simple as throwing the Bee Dog skin onto the Griffon and it will work. You have to mount and rig the new skin to the skeleton of the Griffon mount and there's just no way for that to be done as the two models are nothing alike.

See, for example, how all the Kodan NPCs are rigged to the male Norn skeleton and use the same animations for things.

> @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> I feel that most gamers don't have any clue how vidja gajms work. It is not as simple as throwing the Bee Dog skin onto the Griffon and it will work. You have to mount and rig the new skin to the skeleton of the Griffon mount and there's just no way for that to be done as the two models are nothing alike.

>

> See, for example, how all the Kodan NPCs are rigged to the male Norn skeleton and use the same animations for things.

Yah I totally agree about that, I do know and have done work with 3d animation, meshes, textures etc. I think my thoughts on SAB realated mounts are wishful thinking, but so is anything SAB it seems. I give up all hope now.

I have experienced SAB for the first time and all i can think is that i can't ever get the minutes back that i spent in there.

I 'll never go in there again, ever, so please don't make it come out into the world i play in ...

Thank you!

> @"Abakk.9176" said:

> I have experienced SAB for the first time and all i can think is that i can't ever get the minutes back that i spent in there.

>

> I 'll never go in there again, ever, so please don't make it come out into the world i play in ...

>

> Thank you!

>

>

Super Cloud Glider, at least 16 SAB mini pets, Kaiser Snake weapons, Super weapons, Storm Wizard weapons, King Toad weapons, Crimson Assassin weapons, Super Bee Dog Mail carrier, Crimson Assassin Backpack, Kaiser Snake backpack.

It’s already in the world you play in.

> @"Kethavel.1759" said:

>

>

Everything in the game world defies all physics and logic of Earth? Well, logic definitely, if I apply yours. Apparently it's perfectly logical in your opinion that a virtual reality environment exists only in a specific place (the Super Adventure Box), but outside of that place (all of Tyria) we can still see all kinds of stuff from that virtual reality, but without the means that would actually enable us to see it (like virtual reality headsets). We see what we see inside the Super Adventure Box because of Moto's virtual reality invention. Where is that outside of SAB? Where arethe devices that enable us to see those things? Where can you find the technology that's inside SAB anywhere else in Tyria? Because what we see in SAB is not real, it's virtual. So that rule applies outside of SAB as well. Without the virtual reality technology, SAB creations are limited to SAB. The holographic technology is not the same. We can actually see holographic images without any devices because they are light fields created by lasers. SAB creations are not holograms. And the fact that Asura have floating hammocks, to use your example, is also entirely beside the point. So you're comparing apples and oranges here.

Also, just because GW2 is a fictional environment that does not mean you can do just anything you want and "make it real". There are basic rules to this world ANet has created, there is a whole system of lore and history there that you have to take into account when creating new things. That means you can't just do anything you want "because it's all fictional". Fiction or not, it still has to make sense. Asura technology is not reality breaking, because it fits perfectly within the reality ANet created for Tyria. When building any fictional world there have to be groundrules or nothing makes sense anymore. The concept of theorycrafting would be moot because anything is possible in any fictional universe, according to your line or reasoning. So no, anything goes in an already existing fictional world is not a well-founded argument.

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > @"Abakk.9176" said:

> > I have experienced SAB for the first time and all i can think is that i can't ever get the minutes back that i spent in there.

> >

> > I 'll never go in there again, ever, so please don't make it come out into the world i play in ...

> >

> > Thank you!

> >

> >

>

> Super Cloud Glider, at least 16 SAB mini pets, Kaiser Snake weapons, Super weapons, Storm Wizard weapons, King Toad weapons, Crimson Assassin weapons, Super Bee Dog Mail carrier, Crimson Assassin Backpack, Kaiser Snake backpack.

>

> It’s already in the world you play in.

Also the SAB finisher (best finisher IMO) and the other SAB glider, probably more too.

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > @"Abakk.9176" said:

> > I have experienced SAB for the first time and all i can think is that i can't ever get the minutes back that i spent in there.

> >

> > I 'll never go in there again, ever, so please don't make it come out into the world i play in ...

> >

> > Thank you!

> >

> >

>

> Super Cloud Glider, at least 16 SAB mini pets, Kaiser Snake weapons, Super weapons, Storm Wizard weapons, King Toad weapons, Crimson Assassin weapons, Super Bee Dog Mail carrier, Crimson Assassin Backpack, Kaiser Snake backpack.

>

> It’s already in the world you play in.

Yeah, but not right in my face apparently as ive never seen it.

A humongous flying mount however... bwêêêk. Just a few of those in the already obnoxious daily zerg could easily put me off the game.

> @"Abakk.9176" said:

> > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > @"Abakk.9176" said:

> > > I have experienced SAB for the first time and all i can think is that i can't ever get the minutes back that i spent in there.

> > >

> > > I 'll never go in there again, ever, so please don't make it come out into the world i play in ...

> > >

> > > Thank you!

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Super Cloud Glider, at least 16 SAB mini pets, Kaiser Snake weapons, Super weapons, Storm Wizard weapons, King Toad weapons, Crimson Assassin weapons, Super Bee Dog Mail carrier, Crimson Assassin Backpack, Kaiser Snake backpack.

> >

> > It’s already in the world you play in.

>

> Yeah, but not right in my face apparently as ive never seen it.

>

> A humongous flying mount however... bwêêêk. Just a few of those in the already obnoxious daily zerg could easily put me off the game.

Back when the Raven glider first came out there were a lot of complaints about it. The size, the bright colors and the number of people who had it and were gliding around bothered many. At that time I counseled patience. I pointed out it was a new shiny and after the new wore off it would be rarely seen. And that’s what happened. After a couple of weeks had gone by it mostly disappeared. The same thing would happen with a Beedog Mount. At first it would be common then after that it would be put away as people got tired of it and as new mounts show up. So it’s very unlikely you’d see a few in the daily zerg once the new wore off. My guess is it would mostly be a seasonal Mount whenever SAB appears then put away again for another year.