Hero Point's Need To Be Account Bound Not Charecter! :(

Requests like this always strike me as falling under the umbrella of people wanting to have maxed out characters without playing the game. If you don't want to play the game, the solution is simple. Why people want to by-pass the content when the content is the point of a video game is beyond me.

> @"Biff.5312" said:

> Requests like this always strike me as falling under the umbrella of people wanting to have maxed out characters without playing the game. If you don't want to play the game, the solution is simple. Why people want to by-pass the content when the content is the point of a video game is beyond me.

How many characters do you have on your account?

Some people prefer to play 1 or 2 characters almost exclusively.

Other people have hit the 68 character limit on their account and play all of them intermittently.

For people playing a few characters, getting the HPs is something that definitely falls under "playing the game". For people playing many characters, getting HPs falls under "incredibly tedious and time consuming thing I've already done dozens of time which really adds nothing to my experience except for dread".

> @"mtpelion.4562" said:

> > @"Biff.5312" said:

> > Requests like this always strike me as falling under the umbrella of people wanting to have maxed out characters without playing the game. If you don't want to play the game, the solution is simple. Why people want to by-pass the content when the content is the point of a video game is beyond me.

>

> How many characters do you have on your account?

>

> Some people prefer to play 1 or 2 characters almost exclusively.

>

> Other people have hit the 68 character limit on their account and play all of them intermittently.

>

> For people playing a few characters, getting the HPs is something that definitely falls under "playing the game". For people playing many characters, getting HPs falls under "incredibly tedious and time consuming thing I've already done dozens of time which really adds nothing to my experience except for dread".

You get enough hero points to unlock core specs and skills just by getting to level 80. That’s sufficient to play the game while you get enough HPs to unlock an elite spec. At 10 HPs each for HoT and PoF it’s not that hard to get the rest. Especially with mounts to speed you to the easiest ones to do and most especially if you can get in on a hero point train. You don’t need them for sPvP and if you play WvW much you probably have them stored up already. (I have 13 level 80s and 4 more in the process of being leveled to 80).

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > @"mtpelion.4562" said:

> > > @"Biff.5312" said:

> > > Requests like this always strike me as falling under the umbrella of people wanting to have maxed out characters without playing the game. If you don't want to play the game, the solution is simple. Why people want to by-pass the content when the content is the point of a video game is beyond me.

> >

> > How many characters do you have on your account?

> >

> > Some people prefer to play 1 or 2 characters almost exclusively.

> >

> > Other people have hit the 68 character limit on their account and play all of them intermittently.

> >

> > For people playing a few characters, getting the HPs is something that definitely falls under "playing the game". For people playing many characters, getting HPs falls under "incredibly tedious and time consuming thing I've already done dozens of time which really adds nothing to my experience except for dread".

>

> You get enough hero points to unlock core specs and skills just by getting to level 80. That’s sufficient to play the game while you get enough HPs to unlock an elite spec. At 10 HPs each for HoT and PoF it’s not that hard to get the rest. Especially with mounts to speed you to the easiest ones to do and most especially if you can get in on a hero point train. You don’t need them for sPvP and if you play WvW much you probably have them stored up already.

Again, when you're doing it for the 40th time it sucks all of the enjoyment out of the game and just makes it a job-like chore.

That's why they need to offer additional ways to buy the Notarized Scrolls of Heroics. Give us a Soul Shard option.

> @"mtpelion.4562" said:

> > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > @"mtpelion.4562" said:

> > > > @"Biff.5312" said:

> > > > Requests like this always strike me as falling under the umbrella of people wanting to have maxed out characters without playing the game. If you don't want to play the game, the solution is simple. Why people want to by-pass the content when the content is the point of a video game is beyond me.

> > >

> > > How many characters do you have on your account?

> > >

> > > Some people prefer to play 1 or 2 characters almost exclusively.

> > >

> > > Other people have hit the 68 character limit on their account and play all of them intermittently.

> > >

> > > For people playing a few characters, getting the HPs is something that definitely falls under "playing the game". For people playing many characters, getting HPs falls under "incredibly tedious and time consuming thing I've already done dozens of time which really adds nothing to my experience except for dread".

> >

> > You get enough hero points to unlock core specs and skills just by getting to level 80. That’s sufficient to play the game while you get enough HPs to unlock an elite spec. At 10 HPs each for HoT and PoF it’s not that hard to get the rest. Especially with mounts to speed you to the easiest ones to do and most especially if you can get in on a hero point train. You don’t need them for sPvP and if you play WvW much you probably have them stored up already.

>

> Again, when you're doing it for the 40th time it sucks all of the enjoyment out of the game and just makes it a job-like chore.

>

> That's why they need to offer additional ways to buy the Notarized Scrolls of Heroics. Give us a Soul Shard option.

That might be an option, especially since WvW players can pass on hero points to alts.

> @"mtpelion.4562" said:

> > > > Requests like this always strike me as falling under the umbrella of people wanting to have maxed out characters without playing the game. If you don't want to play the game, the solution is simple. Why people want to by-pass the content when the content is the point of a video game is beyond me.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Other people have hit the 68 character limit on their account and play all of them intermittently.

> > >

> > > For people playing a few characters, getting the HPs is something that definitely falls under "playing the game". For people playing many characters, getting HPs falls under "incredibly tedious and time consuming thing I've already done dozens of time which really adds nothing to my experience except for dread".

> >

> > You get enough hero points to unlock core specs and skills just by getting to level 80. That’s sufficient to play the game while you get enough HPs to unlock an elite spec. At 10 HPs each for HoT and PoF it’s not that hard to get the rest. Especially with mounts to speed you to the easiest ones to do and most especially if you can get in on a hero point train. You don’t need them for sPvP and if you play WvW much you probably have them stored up already.

>

> Again, when you're doing it for the 40th time it sucks all of the enjoyment out of the game and just makes it a job-like chore.

>

> That's why they need to offer additional ways to buy the Notarized Scrolls of Heroics. Give us a Soul Shard option.

Well you dont need any more then 9 to have one of each class

> @"mtpelion.4562" said:

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

>

>

Being an alt player myself, that is kind of part of the "cost" one has to factor into making further characters. Especially after 18 characters (one for each elite spec), the question has to come - do *this* character need an elite spec?

I'm not at all against being able to purchase HP completion via other means than WvW, but I doubt they'd do it with something as ubiquitous in PvE as Spirit Shards.

> @"mtpelion.4562" said:

They spent considerably energy separating XP from hero points; they aren't going to make spirit shards a currency to bypass doing challenges.

Again, this game has almost no character progression: level to 80, elite specs, and gear. Leveling to 80 is already trivialized in a variety of ways and ascended gear can be stat-transformed. Which leave just hero challenges. And the reasons that people in WvW can buy their way through them is that allows hardcore WvWers to bypass PvE; otherwise they'd have to play two game modes just to stay on par.

However, I have no objection to ANet adding another 1000-gem item which bypasses leveling, for those who want to pay the premium. If they do, I'd even recommend that they include 2-3 per future expansion.