Maguuma Lily please

> @"Mithos.9023" said:

> > @"CptAurellian.9537" said:

> > > @"Mithos.9023" said:

> > > I thought of something like a new container that would give you a random choice of 3 of the hot upgrade items like fresh water pearl, black diamond, maguuma lily etc. and you can choose one of it. Would be a nice additional reward for Hot metas or dragon stand.

> > Are HoT metas so direly in need of further incentive, though? I'm not sure about that. I think I'd prefer the rare spawn of special nodes with a 100% drop chance.

>

> How about normal hot events then? Most poeple ignore them and gather only for the meta events, a smal incentive to do the normal/pre events wouldn't hurt.

>

> > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > Passion flowers have a 3/day/account limit. Some people farm many many more lillies/pearls per day.

>

> How about not adding a daily limit then? Or better only give a small limited number of blossoms in addition to the normal drop chance. Three guaranteed flowers and the chance to farm a view through normal nodes seems good, if you ask me. Seriously even just 3 guaranteed flowers per day are more flowers than i have seen while playing through whole hot the first time.

>

Maguuma lilies have an 1%dropchance, according to wiki. No, I dont think one should limit the daily number you can harvest(that would mean you can make 1 insignia/inscription per day and we have enough of that limitation with celestial stats) ,or increase the dropchance. Trailblazer gear (if the issue is this) is broken, one may as well work for it a bit more. There are jungle plant farmspots, and with the proper boosts, you can get them. Remember, the jungle plants reset hourly, and theres the multiple map farming as well. If you wvw and need trailblazer gear, do reward tracks as exotics work fine.

I don't know, I like to have a couple of mini-jackpot style drops left in the game. I'll go a bit out of my way to gather a mussel in PoF on the slim chance of getting a pearl, similar with jungle plants in the relevant maps. Even at the assumed base 1% drop rate, this means that each jungle plant node is worth 8.5-10 silver to gather based on expected value. It gets better if you use the gathering banners/guild buff. Having value keeps it interesting, every gather is like a mini lotto ticket. Blooming nodes would drive these things down to amalgamated gemstone-crafting value with the rest of the orbs. Now ask yourself- are you excited at all to get an emerald orb from an Ori node? How does that response compare to getting a lily or freshwater pearl?

There are plenty of stat selectable options available as alternative means to gear up without having to grind out jungle plants.

> @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > If youre gearing for wvw, exotic trailblazer armor works fine and its waaaay easier to obtain through reward tracks.

> >

> > That is equivalent to around 4.6g/h. On the other hand if you are doing the Triumphant armor track that will also unlock the ability to buy the ascended version from the skirmish vendor which can be further upgraded to legendary. It sets up some nice long term goals. Always nice to have goals.

>

> What you call goals, I think many others might call 2nd jobs and that just isn't fun imo.

> Trailblazer and Caladbolg collection are pretty much all its needed for.. one is luxury time wasting collection the other is .. just time wasting for anything other than WvW.

> As Voltekka said.. reward tracks is a much more reliable source to get trailblazer.

>

> To be honest if ANET would just get Jeweller upto par with other crafting disciplines and implement ascended crafting/upgrades i see no point in them putting out all these exotic upgrade variants with each expac.. it is time now surely for them to be upped to lvl 500.

You are completely missing the point there. WvW is only better if you don't have an alternative that gives at least 4.6g per hour and that is assuming you have a bunch of boosters. If you don't have boosters for the WvW reward tracks it is quite a bit worse.

> @"infrequentia.3465" said:

> > @"Sindariel.2354" said:

> > Draconis Mons is not part of Maguuma and thus can't drop Maguuma Lillies.

>

> how fortunate that Ring of Fire Maps do drop Maguuma Lillies

>

> Ember bay and Draconis Mons both have jungle plants that drop them

Than i am mistaken on this part, because neither Ember Bay nor Draconis Mons account for Heart of Maguuma dailies. Bloodstone Fen does.

> @"Sindariel.2354" said:

> > @"infrequentia.3465" said:

> > > @"Sindariel.2354" said:

> > > Draconis Mons is not part of Maguuma and thus can't drop Maguuma Lillies.

> >

> > how fortunate that Ring of Fire Maps do drop Maguuma Lillies

> >

> > Ember bay and Draconis Mons both have jungle plants that drop them

>

> Than i am mistaken on this part, because neither Ember Bay nor Draconis Mons account for Heart of Maguuma dailies. Bloodstone Fen does.

because there ring of fire .

> @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > @"Zaxares.5419" said:

> > I do think that ANet should consider adding some "Blooming Jungle Plants" (as well as a "Ripe Mussel" for Freshwater Pearls) to the HoT maps, similar to what they did for Passion Flowers. Put them in the HoT maps so there's added incentive for people to come back and visit those maps.

>

> Passion flowers have a 3/day/account limit. Some people farm many many more lillies/pearls per day.

We're not talking about making things nicer for those few people willing to farm high hundreds of nodes per day. We're talking of normal players, that even while actively playing in HoT and hitting all nodes on the way may see no single Lily drop in months.

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > If youre gearing for wvw, exotic trailblazer armor works fine and its waaaay easier to obtain through reward tracks.

> > >

> > > That is equivalent to around 4.6g/h. On the other hand if you are doing the Triumphant armor track that will also unlock the ability to buy the ascended version from the skirmish vendor which can be further upgraded to legendary. It sets up some nice long term goals. Always nice to have goals.

> >

> > What you call goals, I think many others might call 2nd jobs and that just isn't fun imo.

> > Trailblazer and Caladbolg collection are pretty much all its needed for.. one is luxury time wasting collection the other is .. just time wasting for anything other than WvW.

> > As Voltekka said.. reward tracks is a much more reliable source to get trailblazer.

> >

> > To be honest if ANET would just get Jeweller upto par with other crafting disciplines and implement ascended crafting/upgrades i see no point in them putting out all these exotic upgrade variants with each expac.. it is time now surely for them to be upped to lvl 500.

>

> You are completely missing the point there. WvW is only better if you don't have an alternative that gives at least 4.6g per hour and that is assuming you have a bunch of boosters. If you don't have boosters for the WvW reward tracks it is quite a bit worse.

No, it seems you're the one that is missing the point: if you are gearing up for wvw, it means you play wvw. So, you can utilize reward tracks while playing it and get armor without the need to specifically farm for it in an external content. It's not that WvW is "better". It's that if you're going to play it anyway, why not use reward tracks in it for gearing up?

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > > > If youre gearing for wvw, exotic trailblazer armor works fine and its waaaay easier to obtain through reward tracks.

> > >

> > > That is equivalent to around 4.6g/h. On the other hand if you are doing the Triumphant armor track that will also unlock the ability to buy the ascended version from the skirmish vendor which can be further upgraded to legendary. It sets up some nice long term goals. Always nice to have goals.

> >

> > What you call goals, I think many others might call 2nd jobs and that just isn't fun imo.

> > Trailblazer and Caladbolg collection are pretty much all its needed for.. one is luxury time wasting collection the other is .. just time wasting for anything other than WvW.

> > As Voltekka said.. reward tracks is a much more reliable source to get trailblazer.

> >

> > To be honest if ANET would just get Jeweller upto par with other crafting disciplines and implement ascended crafting/upgrades i see no point in them putting out all these exotic upgrade variants with each expac.. it is time now surely for them to be upped to lvl 500.

>

> You are completely missing the point there. WvW is only better if you don't have an alternative that gives at least 4.6g per hour and that is assuming you have a bunch of boosters. If you don't have boosters for the WvW reward tracks it is quite a bit worse.

Sorry to say.. it's you that appears to of missed the point.

Players that choose to play WvW don't play it to go g/hr same as pvp players don't go g/hr.

If I want to run around maps farming lillies then yeah sure there are easier ways to do it namely farm gold like a second job and buy for silly prices on the TP.

WvW is not about accumulating wealth .. oh and boosters are easy come easy go, gearing in wvw is about getting them badges and such and purchasing inscriptions or just plain getting items and such from the tracks.

I can farm badges and track xp a lot faster that I can lillies for sure and I can loose interest in the game faster farming gold in pve than playing wvw.

But that is just me I guess.

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > >

> >

> >

>

A wvw player will do reward tracks. I sincerely (no sarcasm) get why a pve player would need lilies, except maybe for the caladbolg weapons. Exotic trailblazer armor - provided we talk about trailblazer armor- is easy to get. It is the weapons that need the lilies, mostly. Or some people want to get ascended trailblazer. Whichever the case, gold per hour is irrelevant in wvw, as it is grossly underrewarded as a mode. If we take into account the gold per hour thing, a pver can happily farm sw for 20-30g/hour and buy the lilies. Lilies are hard to get, rng is involved, as is freshwater pearl farming. I mentioned ways to get lilies. Not everything in ths game has to be easy.

I am a wvw player. Yet, rosequartz is unobtainable for me. Domain of Istan reward track yields none. So, what do I do? Either go to Istan (where noone farms meteors anymore and mining the impact sites solo gives dragonite ore), or i buy the rosequartz from TP.

> @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > @"Zaxares.5419" said:

> > > I do think that ANet should consider adding some "Blooming Jungle Plants" (as well as a "Ripe Mussel" for Freshwater Pearls) to the HoT maps, similar to what they did for Passion Flowers. Put them in the HoT maps so there's added incentive for people to come back and visit those maps.

> >

> > Passion flowers have a 3/day/account limit. Some people farm many many more lillies/pearls per day.

> We're not talking about making things nicer for those few people willing to farm high hundreds of nodes per day. We're talking of normal players, that even while actively playing in HoT and hitting all nodes on the way may see no single Lily drop in months.

>

> > > @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > > > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > > > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > > If youre gearing for wvw, exotic trailblazer armor works fine and its waaaay easier to obtain through reward tracks.

> > > >

> > > > That is equivalent to around 4.6g/h. On the other hand if you are doing the Triumphant armor track that will also unlock the ability to buy the ascended version from the skirmish vendor which can be further upgraded to legendary. It sets up some nice long term goals. Always nice to have goals.

> > >

> > > What you call goals, I think many others might call 2nd jobs and that just isn't fun imo.

> > > Trailblazer and Caladbolg collection are pretty much all its needed for.. one is luxury time wasting collection the other is .. just time wasting for anything other than WvW.

> > > As Voltekka said.. reward tracks is a much more reliable source to get trailblazer.

> > >

> > > To be honest if ANET would just get Jeweller upto par with other crafting disciplines and implement ascended crafting/upgrades i see no point in them putting out all these exotic upgrade variants with each expac.. it is time now surely for them to be upped to lvl 500.

> >

> > You are completely missing the point there. WvW is only better if you don't have an alternative that gives at least 4.6g per hour and that is assuming you have a bunch of boosters. If you don't have boosters for the WvW reward tracks it is quite a bit worse.

> No, it seems you're the one that is missing the point: if you are gearing up for wvw, it means you play wvw. So, you can utilize reward tracks while playing it and get armor without the need to specifically farm for it in an external content. It's not that WvW is "better". It's that if you're going to play it anyway, why not use reward tracks in it for gearing up?

>

>

I cannot understand. Lilies are rare. Some things in this game are rare. I dont understand how the everyday player cant farm some nodes with 2-3 chars in bloodstone fen, which takes roughly 3 mins for each character maximum. Hell, you can leave players parked there. This is as casual as it can get. I remember farming flax this way as income in VB, and it took me 6 mins to farm with 7 chars. Ways do exist. Grab those guild gathering+banner gathering boosters, buy item boosters if you have none (1 laurel for 30 min booster).

> @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > > @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > > > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > > > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > > If youre gearing for wvw, exotic trailblazer armor works fine and its waaaay easier to obtain through reward tracks.

> > > >

> > > > That is equivalent to around 4.6g/h. On the other hand if you are doing the Triumphant armor track that will also unlock the ability to buy the ascended version from the skirmish vendor which can be further upgraded to legendary. It sets up some nice long term goals. Always nice to have goals.

> > >

> > > What you call goals, I think many others might call 2nd jobs and that just isn't fun imo.

> > > Trailblazer and Caladbolg collection are pretty much all its needed for.. one is luxury time wasting collection the other is .. just time wasting for anything other than WvW.

> > > As Voltekka said.. reward tracks is a much more reliable source to get trailblazer.

> > >

> > > To be honest if ANET would just get Jeweller upto par with other crafting disciplines and implement ascended crafting/upgrades i see no point in them putting out all these exotic upgrade variants with each expac.. it is time now surely for them to be upped to lvl 500.

> >

> > You are completely missing the point there. WvW is only better if you don't have an alternative that gives at least 4.6g per hour and that is assuming you have a bunch of boosters. If you don't have boosters for the WvW reward tracks it is quite a bit worse.

>

> Sorry to say.. it's you that appears to of missed the point.

> Players that choose to play WvW don't play it to go g/hr same as pvp players don't go g/hr.

> If I want to run around maps farming lillies then yeah sure there are easier ways to do it namely farm gold like a second job and buy for silly prices on the TP.

> WvW is not about accumulating wealth .. oh and boosters are easy come easy go, gearing in wvw is about getting them badges and such and purchasing inscriptions or just plain getting items and such from the tracks.

> I can farm badges and track xp a lot faster that I can lillies for sure and I can loose interest in the game faster farming gold in pve than playing wvw.

> But that is just me I guess.

^That. Exactly that. It is me, as well. Not just you!

> @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> I cannot understand. Lilies are rare. Some things in this game are rare. I dont understand how the everyday player cant farm some nodes with 2-3 chars in bloodstone fen, which takes roughly 3 mins for each character maximum. Hell, you can leave players parked there. This is as casual as it can get.

Except if you do it at casual level you'll get _zero_ lilies. You need to harvest _hundreds_ of nodes to get a single lily. That's beyond casual.

> @"Hyper Cutter.9376" said:

> They really should just add lilies to one of the Hero's Choice chests (presumably TD's). Freshwater pearls, too (VB's?).

I like this idea too! Honestly, the meta chests should also offer the choice of a "jewel" corresponding to that map's stat (Wanderer for VB, Viper for AB, Trailblazer for TD, and Commander for DS). The only one that currently does this is AB, as you can pick Black Diamonds as your choice of reward.