Never buff Revenant.

Title.

Explanation:

After multiple months of whining about how frustrating Revenant is to play (I play condi Gint/Mally, because I'm determined on getting it to work), it appears I have acquired a taste for its difficulty, much like someone becomes partial to drinking black coffee.

Leave Rev/Herald/Renegade exactly as they are and buff whatever other classes you choose. I need my difficulty fix.

/notsarcastic

/seriously

> @"BeepBoopBop.5403" said:

> Can we get a passive 3s Infuse Light on being hit while less than 90% HP?

>

> 5s ICD of course, don't wanna be too OP

They should add also next functionality : outgoing revenant damage heals enemies, each hit on revenant heal attacker. I will give it to you then ;)

> @"Odik.4587" said:

> What mother of god wat is this thread...Are you trolling ?

It might look like he is trolling but this is a real thing. For some people difficulty can be kinda like a drug. The harder a challenge is, the better the feels when things work out.

Rev is infinitely harder than just about anything else because there is no safety net. So if you beat an infinite evade mirage while surrounded by a Scourge and holosmith you can quite literally get a high for about 5 seconds.

Also if you are playing a mobile build like with axe and mallyx, theres the extra feels if it works out. Revenant by vanilla standards is actually quite balanced (damage would have to be lower though). The problem is we arent in the vanilla era.

He might actually be right, leave rev alone (except fix Unrelenting Assault and change the energy cost of Phase traversal back down to 20) and change all the 20k damage in 2 seconds bs, avoid attacks for 10 seconds straight bs and the 30 stacks of conditions bs.

> @"Odik.4587" said:

> > @"BeepBoopBop.5403" said:

> > Can we get a passive 3s Infuse Light on being hit while less than 90% HP?

> >

> > 5s ICD of course, don't wanna be too OP

>

> They should add also next functionality : outgoing revenant damage heals enemies, each hit on revenant heal attacker. I will give it to you then ;)

Maybe they should also get the [engineer treatment](

"engineer treatment").

Rev isn't even harder than it used to be it's just worse. Effortless 20+ might, offhand sword update, in addition to putting quickness and port on the same utility lowered the ceiling.

Please know that I am not saying that rev is in a better spot than it was pre shiro changes , it is most definitely worse. It's just that the dynamic playstyle of the kit has been watered down.

Bad =/= Hard

> @"Buran.3796" said:

> Don't worry: hammer will be thrashed in WvW the next week, so the class can finally achieve balance and be equally bad at most of the game modes. If you want a Rev buff just reroll to Guardian or Mesmer.

Yeah gotta say it’s going to be such a sorry abysmal state to have revs use 2 attacks to kill anything remotely glassy in WvW rather than 1, them 15k CoR becoming 12k will make rev completely unviable and trash tier.

> @"apharma.3741" said:

> > @"Buran.3796" said:

> > Don't worry: hammer will be thrashed in WvW the next week, so the class can finally achieve balance and be equally bad at most of the game modes. If you want a Rev buff just reroll to Guardian or Mesmer.

>

> Yeah gotta say it’s going to be such a sorry abysmal state to have revs use 2 attacks to kill anything remotely glassy in WvW rather than 1, them 15k CoR becoming 12k will make rev completely unviable and trash tier.

Except your standard CoR only crits forlike 7k even with full might stacks. I haven't seen anywhere close to 15k in a long time even with full zerk scholar setup with stat infusions. I suppose it can happen but so can 50k deaths judgments.

> @"apharma.3741" said:

> > @"Buran.3796" said:

> > Don't worry: hammer will be thrashed in WvW the next week, so the class can finally achieve balance and be equally bad at most of the game modes. If you want a Rev buff just reroll to Guardian or Mesmer.

>

> Yeah gotta say it’s going to be such a sorry abysmal state to have revs use 2 attacks to kill anything remotely glassy in WvW rather than 1, them 15k CoR becoming 12k will make rev completely unviable and trash tier.

First of all, if the changes goes as were explained the damage decrease for longe range will be around 1/3 of the current one, so yes, bye bye Rev in WvW.

Second, if you're currently getting 15k damage by a single CoR then you're running a glass cannon build trying to do the same to other players, so "_who to iron kills to iron dies_", no simpathy sorry.

> @"ArthurDent.9538" said:

> > @"apharma.3741" said:

> > > @"Buran.3796" said:

> > > Don't worry: hammer will be thrashed in WvW the next week, so the class can finally achieve balance and be equally bad at most of the game modes. If you want a Rev buff just reroll to Guardian or Mesmer.

> >

> > Yeah gotta say it’s going to be such a sorry abysmal state to have revs use 2 attacks to kill anything remotely glassy in WvW rather than 1, them 15k CoR becoming 12k will make rev completely unviable and trash tier.

>

> Except your standard CoR only crits forlike 7k even with full might stacks. I haven't seen anywhere close to 15k in a long time even with full zerk scholar setup with stat infusions. I suppose it can happen but so can 50k deaths judgments.

22% isn’t 33%, it’s a 22% damage reduction on the final hit and less on the middle hit, I’ve seen 0 range CoR doing 8k which will stay so it’s not even close to a huge nerf it’s just you won’t one shot medium health players like thieves and mesmers. Ranged damage shouldn’t be high reward for low risk which is exactly what hammer rev has been since HoT, and yes it is low risk sitting in your zerg even in full zerk on a medium health class.

> @"apharma.3741" said:

> > @"ArthurDent.9538" said:

> > > @"apharma.3741" said:

> > > > @"Buran.3796" said:

> > > > Don't worry: hammer will be thrashed in WvW the next week, so the class can finally achieve balance and be equally bad at most of the game modes. If you want a Rev buff just reroll to Guardian or Mesmer.

> > >

> > > Yeah gotta say it’s going to be such a sorry abysmal state to have revs use 2 attacks to kill anything remotely glassy in WvW rather than 1, them 15k CoR becoming 12k will make rev completely unviable and trash tier.

> >

> > Except your standard CoR only crits forlike 7k even with full might stacks. I haven't seen anywhere close to 15k in a long time even with full zerk scholar setup with stat infusions. I suppose it can happen but so can 50k deaths judgments.

>

>yes it is low risk sitting in your zerg

Pretty sure this applies to all classes lol?

And you can do the same ridiculous damage to him if you're zerk and he's zerk. Here's a little experiment, who would win 1v1 zerk hammer revenant or zerk power mirage? GEE IONNO

How about instead we address the fact that mesmer and thief can go glassy as fuck and still be immortal compared to any other class going full glass

> @"FyzE.3472" said:

> Relax guys/girls! It's reverse psychology. "Buff revenant" threads don't work so may be now one of the devs will see this thread (lol) and will think "Don't buff revenant? Challenge accepted!" and buffs revenant

Nope, I genuinely want it to be significantly worse than every other spec, especially because it's tied to HoT and any buffs will be considered "P2W".

> @"Ragion.2831" said:

> Rev is infinitely harder than just about anything else because there is no safety net. So if you beat an infinite evade mirage while surrounded by a Scourge and holosmith you can quite literally get a high for about 5 seconds.

^

> @"BeepBoopBop.5403" said:

> > @"apharma.3741" said:

> > > @"ArthurDent.9538" said:

> > > > @"apharma.3741" said:

> > > > > @"Buran.3796" said:

> > > > > Don't worry: hammer will be thrashed in WvW the next week, so the class can finally achieve balance and be equally bad at most of the game modes. If you want a Rev buff just reroll to Guardian or Mesmer.

> > > >

> > > > Yeah gotta say it’s going to be such a sorry abysmal state to have revs use 2 attacks to kill anything remotely glassy in WvW rather than 1, them 15k CoR becoming 12k will make rev completely unviable and trash tier.

> > >

> > > Except your standard CoR only crits forlike 7k even with full might stacks. I haven't seen anywhere close to 15k in a long time even with full zerk scholar setup with stat infusions. I suppose it can happen but so can 50k deaths judgments.

> >

> >yes it is low risk sitting in your zerg

>

> Pretty sure this applies to all classes lol?

>

> And you can do the same ridiculous damage to him if you're zerk and he's zerk. Here's a little experiment, who would win 1v1 zerk hammer revenant or zerk power mirage? GEE IONNO

>

> How about instead we address the fact that mesmer and thief can go glassy as kitten and still be immortal compared to any other class going full glass

I didn’t say 1v1, I specifically mentioned the Rev sitting in a Zerg which you even quoted so stop with the logical fallacies. In a Zerg vs Zerg scenario which is what I was talking about the Rev will win every single time because they sit with their Zerg and do really high ranged damage while the thief and mes can at most plink at the rev. I know you’ll say mirror blade, but that will do about 2.5k on a crit then hit a bunch of other people instead of the rev, mind wrack will then do maybe 4k to the Rev, meanwhile the Rev will easily do 4K on auto and more with CoR, 15k to them with the final blow of CoR and even after the nerf they will do 11-12k.

So yes it is low risk and high reward. Not every class can do 15k hits on classes without toughness at 1200 range especially on such a low cool down as CoR which can’t be reflected either.

> @"apharma.3741" said:

> > @"BeepBoopBop.5403" said:

> > > @"apharma.3741" said:

> > > > @"ArthurDent.9538" said:

> > > > > @"apharma.3741" said:

> > > > > > @"Buran.3796" said:

> > > > > > Don't worry: hammer will be thrashed in WvW the next week, so the class can finally achieve balance and be equally bad at most of the game modes. If you want a Rev buff just reroll to Guardian or Mesmer.

> > > > >

> > > > > Yeah gotta say it’s going to be such a sorry abysmal state to have revs use 2 attacks to kill anything remotely glassy in WvW rather than 1, them 15k CoR becoming 12k will make rev completely unviable and trash tier.

> > > >

> > > > Except your standard CoR only crits forlike 7k even with full might stacks. I haven't seen anywhere close to 15k in a long time even with full zerk scholar setup with stat infusions. I suppose it can happen but so can 50k deaths judgments.

> > >

> > >yes it is low risk sitting in your zerg

> >

> > Pretty sure this applies to all classes lol?

> >

> > And you can do the same ridiculous damage to him if you're zerk and he's zerk. Here's a little experiment, who would win 1v1 zerk hammer revenant or zerk power mirage? GEE IONNO

> >

> > How about instead we address the fact that mesmer and thief can go glassy as kitten and still be immortal compared to any other class going full glass

>

> I didn’t say 1v1, I specifically mentioned the Rev sitting in a Zerg which you even quoted so stop with the logical fallacies. In a Zerg vs Zerg scenario which is what I was talking about the Rev will win every single time because they sit with their Zerg and do really high ranged damage while the thief and mes can at most plink at the rev. I know you’ll say mirror blade, but that will do about 2.5k on a crit then hit a bunch of other people instead of the rev, mind wrack will then do maybe 4k to the Rev, meanwhile the Rev will easily do 4K on auto and more with CoR, 15k to them with the final blow of CoR and even after the nerf they will do 11-12k.

>

> So yes it is low risk and high reward. Not every class can do 15k hits on classes without toughness at 1200 range especially on such a low cool down as CoR which can’t be reflected either.

Protip don't solo zergs then. Everything you say can be said about zerk rangers, gunflame warriors, and of course scourge. They all do ridiculous damage from the safety of the Zerg that's literally the whole point of the hyper glassy build that is useless in any other context.