mAT selling is ON , would Anet take an action or stay silent ?

Odik.4587

> @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> With people like Sindrener involved this time, I guess the last PvP "heroes" have fallen

> Cannot say I am suprised, most PvP players are hypocrites

dude, it's a dead game full of bots and hackers. anyone able to make some $$$ off it, I say go for it, more power to em'

EDIT: saw the Reddit lol. seems Zan even sold his original account. clever girl. cash out while you still can, make any $$$ of this fetid carcass of a gamemode- it's not like there's gonna be another paid tournament

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> So why only 1 out 5 get punished. Shouldnt the 4 people who assisted in the crime should get a penalty also?

Yes , its very strange that only one is getting punishment instead of everyone ... 'at least something ' ?

> @"Odik.4587" said:

> > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > So why only 1 out 5 get punished. Shouldnt the 4 people who assisted in the crime should get a penalty also?

>

> Yes , its very strange that only one is getting punishment instead of everyone ... 'at least something ' ?

Had the person in question played on an account they owned the result would still have been the same, the same team would have won and the same 4 other players would have played on their accounts.

What I’m more shocked at is the person buying it has a history (confirmed by Chris on reddit) of buying from 3rd parties and only got 3 months suspension while the person who played and did the hard part has now got a permaban. Yes I hear the account that was permabanned has been sold so /shrug there.

> @"apharma.3741" said:

> > @"Odik.4587" said:

> > > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > > So why only 1 out 5 get punished. Shouldnt the 4 people who assisted in the crime should get a penalty also?

> >

> > Yes , its very strange that only one is getting punishment instead of everyone ... 'at least something ' ?

>

> Had the person in question played on an account they owned the result would still have been the same, the same team would have won and the same 4 other players would have played on their accounts.

What the point ? Like srsly why you even brought its here ? Thats why its attracted this buyer attention ? Buy monthly win from a strongest team? Ok.

> What I’m more shocked at is the person buying it has a history (confirmed by Chris on reddit) of buying from 3rd parties and only got 3 months suspension while the person who played and did the hard part has now got a permaban. Yes I hear the account that was permabanned has been sold so /shrug there.

Why? You have partnership with Anet (at least what i heard) ,do such a thing , expected to be taken lightly or ignored?

Everyone should have been banned . All of them knew about it ,helped to farm this QP ,(probably shared money ,cant tell for sure), everyone were involved . All of them have done it fully realize consequences . Sind even banned ppl on his stream for asking questions . True pillar of comminuty!

> @"apharma.3741" said:

> > @"Odik.4587" said:

> > > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > > So why only 1 out 5 get punished. Shouldnt the 4 people who assisted in the crime should get a penalty also?

> >

> > Yes , its very strange that only one is getting punishment instead of everyone ... 'at least something ' ?

>

> Had the person in question played on an account they owned the result would still have been the same, the same team would have won and the same 4 other players would have played on their accounts.

>

> What I’m more shocked at is the person buying it has a history (confirmed by Chris on reddit) of buying from 3rd parties and only got 3 months suspension while the person who played and did the hard part has now got a permaban. Yes I hear the account that was permabanned has been sold so /shrug there.

They’re guilty by association. They knew what was going on and they knew it was agaisnt TOS yet allowied it to happen. They’re just as at fault, results are irrelevant.

> @"Odik.4587" said:

> > @"apharma.3741" said:

> > > @"Odik.4587" said:

> > > > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > > > So why only 1 out 5 get punished. Shouldnt the 4 people who assisted in the crime should get a penalty also?

> > >

> > > Yes , its very strange that only one is getting punishment instead of everyone ... 'at least something ' ?

> >

> > Had the person in question played on an account they owned the result would still have been the same, the same team would have won and the same 4 other players would have played on their accounts.

>

> What the point ? Like srsly why you even brought its here ? Thats why its attracted this buyer attention ? Buy monthly win from a strongest team? Ok.

>

> > What I’m more shocked at is the person buying it has a history (confirmed by Chris on reddit) of buying from 3rd parties and only got 3 months suspension while the person who played and did the hard part has now got a permaban. Yes I hear the account that was permabanned has been sold so /shrug there.

> Why? You have partnership with Anet (at least what i heard) ,do such a thing , expected to be taken lightly or ignored?

> Everyone should have been banned . All of them knew about it ,helped to farm this QP ,(probably shared money ,cant tell for sure), everyone were involved . All of them have done it fully realize consequences . Sind even banned ppl on his stream for asking questions . True pillar of comminuty!

If the person in question had played on his normal account do you think the results of the monthly AT would have been any different? No they wouldn’t.

Yes it’s very unlikely that the rest of the team didn’t know what was going on however they weren’t selling their wins or doing anything they wouldn’t have normally done in the monthly AT. They also weren’t breaking the ToS, only the persons involved in the account sharing.

If you feel the rest of them were underhanded or betrayed your trust or whatever then show it by not watching them stream, blocking them in game and distancing yourself from them.

I guess you can hurt those streamers most by not watching their streams anymore and most importantly cancel any subscription you might have to their twitch channel. That might cost them more money than they made from this deal (I dont know how much they money they receive per sub, anyone know exact numbers?)

> @"apharma.3741" said:

> If the person in question had played on his normal account do you think the results of the monthly AT would have been any different? No they wouldn’t.

>

That's not how things work or should work.

So basically you're saying if you can do something you're allowed to cheat your way to it, since the results wouldn't be different.

While I dont entirely agree with Malediktus by removing all exclusive rewards, making some of them temporary might be better. Even GW1 got to a point where guild invites were being sold by guilds with trimmed capes.

This way such titles would be more of a king of the hill kind of thing.

It's not that I don't feel like the winners deserve it or not (if nothing shady was going on at least) but with this atmosphere of cheating and wintrading moving to a reward system that takes away those motivators and makes it more about winning fair and square could possibly be alot better.

Also feel like in certain cases where this is the case, both teams should be disqualified and the 3rd place should win. Or an extra match should take place. As an least as an alternative.

But yeah, for automated tournament systems, rather no exclusive rewards, and/or monitor specifically the monthly tournaments closer. With the option of disqualifying entire teams.

Yes its harsh on those unfortunate being unknowingly in a team with a cheater, but that really is the only way to make sure people form honest teams rather than PUGs with potential to sell wins or losses.

> @"apharma.3741" said:

> > @"Odik.4587" said:

> > > @"apharma.3741" said:

> > > > @"Odik.4587" said:

> > > > > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > > > > So why only 1 out 5 get punished. Shouldnt the 4 people who assisted in the crime should get a penalty also?

> > > >

> > > > Yes , its very strange that only one is getting punishment instead of everyone ... 'at least something ' ?

> > >

> > > Had the person in question played on an account they owned the result would still have been the same, the same team would have won and the same 4 other players would have played on their accounts.

> >

> > What the point ? Like srsly why you even brought its here ? Thats why its attracted this buyer attention ? Buy monthly win from a strongest team? Ok.

> >

> > > What I’m more shocked at is the person buying it has a history (confirmed by Chris on reddit) of buying from 3rd parties and only got 3 months suspension while the person who played and did the hard part has now got a permaban. Yes I hear the account that was permabanned has been sold so /shrug there.

> > Why? You have partnership with Anet (at least what i heard) ,do such a thing , expected to be taken lightly or ignored?

> > Everyone should have been banned . All of them knew about it ,helped to farm this QP ,(probably shared money ,cant tell for sure), everyone were involved . All of them have done it fully realize consequences . Sind even banned ppl on his stream for asking questions . True pillar of comminuty!

>

> If the person in question had played on his normal account do you think the results of the monthly AT would have been any different? No they wouldn’t.

>

> Yes it’s very unlikely that the rest of the team didn’t know what was going on however they weren’t selling their wins or doing anything they wouldn’t have normally done in the monthly AT. They also weren’t breaking the ToS, only the persons involved in the account sharing.

>

> If you feel the rest of them were underhanded or betrayed your trust or whatever then show it by not watching them stream, blocking them in game and distancing yourself from them.

Wow mate , i dont care that they won mAT, why you even discuss it ? Like okay ,they would win mAT regardless . I deny that ? Who ask about it ?

Its a fact that everyone knew ,Sind was busy deleting/banning people who asked if its true .

If you assist someone commit a murder or to rob a bank ,you are innocent ? Really ????????? :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

> @"Odik.4587" said:

> > @"apharma.3741" said:

> > > @"Odik.4587" said:

> > > > @"apharma.3741" said:

> > > > > @"Odik.4587" said:

> > > > > > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > > > > > So why only 1 out 5 get punished. Shouldnt the 4 people who assisted in the crime should get a penalty also?

> > > > >

> > > > > Yes , its very strange that only one is getting punishment instead of everyone ... 'at least something ' ?

> > > >

> > > > Had the person in question played on an account they owned the result would still have been the same, the same team would have won and the same 4 other players would have played on their accounts.

> > >

> > > What the point ? Like srsly why you even brought its here ? Thats why its attracted this buyer attention ? Buy monthly win from a strongest team? Ok.

> > >

> > > > What I’m more shocked at is the person buying it has a history (confirmed by Chris on reddit) of buying from 3rd parties and only got 3 months suspension while the person who played and did the hard part has now got a permaban. Yes I hear the account that was permabanned has been sold so /shrug there.

> > > Why? You have partnership with Anet (at least what i heard) ,do such a thing , expected to be taken lightly or ignored?

> > > Everyone should have been banned . All of them knew about it ,helped to farm this QP ,(probably shared money ,cant tell for sure), everyone were involved . All of them have done it fully realize consequences . Sind even banned ppl on his stream for asking questions . True pillar of comminuty!

> >

> > If the person in question had played on his normal account do you think the results of the monthly AT would have been any different? No they wouldn’t.

> >

> > Yes it’s very unlikely that the rest of the team didn’t know what was going on however they weren’t selling their wins or doing anything they wouldn’t have normally done in the monthly AT. They also weren’t breaking the ToS, only the persons involved in the account sharing.

> >

> > If you feel the rest of them were underhanded or betrayed your trust or whatever then show it by not watching them stream, blocking them in game and distancing yourself from them.

>

> Wow mate , i dont care that they won mAT, why you even discuss it ? Like okay ,they would win mAT regardless . I deny that ? Who ask about it ?

> Its a fact that everyone knew ,Sind was busy deleting/banning people who asked if its true .

> If you assist someone commit a murder or to rob a bank ,you are innocent ? Really ????????? :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

There’s a big difference between assisting someone deliberately robbing a bank and say having a team refitting the security for a bank and 1 of them robbing it.

Anyway there’s apparently some more news about this on teatime so might be worth watching before everyone jumps to conclusions.

For starters, I had nothing but respect for one of the more popular players in r55. But now after this latest episode, he's nothing but a hypocrite. Having asked for bans regarding season match-manipulation and then being found cheating like this... it's disgusting. Given the ridiculously low sum of 400 bucks, one can only assume that they felt over-confident and presume that Anet will do nothing much about it.

Dear Anet, this is where you set an example. This is where you stop favoring streamers and just permanently ban them from PvP at the very least, if not more.

One thing amazes me...

People are win trading and literally cheat/hack to get pvp titles in ranked...and got dishonor for 3 months.

Guy wins legitimately monthly at on alt account...and permabanned. Of course it was somebody account but... still he legitimately won.

Disproportion here is just....eh.

Anything outside of unranked is a cesspool for all forms of cheating. Obviously Anet doesn't think very highly of their game anymore to allow such blatant cheating to continue after many moths of player outrage. It's everywhere, in all game modes now, and either the statement of the hack being undetectable is true, or Anet just doesn't care enough to ban people.

Even the few people they gave slaps on the wrist to isn't exactly instilling confidence in the player community.

> Anet should just remove all exclusive rewards from high end PvP, then people wont have any reason to cheat anymore (acc share, carry, win trade, speed hacks, trolling etc). Percentage wise PvP is for sure the game mode with the highest amount of cheaters. And make those minis, gadgets, titles and armor skins buyable with season currencies.

As long as incentives remain, I'm fine with reward tracking it.

There are a very small percentage of people who will play PvP for the impeccable balance and charming community, as unbelievable as that might sound.

Pretty sure taking away their incentives would kill PVP even more. If you can grind it it may reduce the need to guarantee wins by match manipulation/cheating.