Warrior/Spellbreaker is just weak.

Kuulpb.5412

Honestly, I haven't had any issues with the Spellbreaker AA in PvE using the Arms & Strength lines (although the Dual Wielding trait is a must). Even in groups when swapping out Strength for Tactics.

I'm pretty much unkillable. Really the hardest part for me is getting used to timing my Full Counter - it's only 1 1/2 seconds...

The Spellbreaker was the first - and besides maybe the Firebrand at some point down the road - the only Elite spec that I plan to unlock. Plus getting to use a Dagger with a Shield is just...cool.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It interests me how Anet will balance SB, because at the current situation, it is best to buff damage straight up while nerfing some survive in PvP obviously, but there's already berserker. unless anet just want berserker to be condi while SB be power, then ok but thats too boring..

Spellbreaker is the strongest of the new elite specs and out performs Berserker in sPvP, which is was designed for. It might not have the damage Berserker has but Berserker is pure damage. It shouldn't do more damage than Berserker, it does however have more control and sustain than Berserker does.

> @Hooglese.4860 said:

> Spellbreaker is the strongest of the new elite specs and out performs Berserker in sPvP, which is was designed for. It might not have the damage Berserker has but Berserker is pure damage. It shouldn't do more damage than Berserker, it does however have more control and sustain than Berserker does.

aaaaaaaaand how is that related to PvE?

> @Lighter.5631 said:

> It interests me how Anet will balance SB, because at the current situation, it is best to buff damage straight up while nerfing some survive in PvP obviously, but there's already berserker. unless anet just want berserker to be condi while SB be power, then ok but thats too boring..

Well repaer is supposed to be pure damage and scourge a condi/support so berserker could be condi damage with spellbreaker a Power/boonstrip as it doesn't have many boonstrips or many crowd controls, it would need a buff in both of these to outperform many things, such as mesmers remove boons on shatter, thieves corrupt boons stealth rifle, necros corrupt boons, and Warriors get.. what? an F1 and a utility, the elite is "there" because it's stationary boon removal, and doesn't remove condis. I feel like the Elite should ALSO remove condis on allies at the same pulse, since it is a stationary thing, it's an elite version of Null field, with projectile block(not reflect).

> @TwilightSoul.9048 said:

> How would you justify doing similar dmg to a thief with a class that has almost twice as much Effective HP?

> Of course warrior does less dmg then a thief, warrior makes up for that with his survivability and versatility (although we could argue about how viable all those weapons are..)

Ah yes, because a thief - Dedicated to killing - should have MORE cc and boonstrip than a dedicated Boonstrip spec.

The point I am getting at is Warrior/spellbreaker is Weak, It has low damage, which WOULD be fine - IF - The boonstrip + cc was more, At the moment If you don't use Dagger mainhand, You have a utility boonstrip, and an enite (Stationary) Boon strip. If we assume the elite isn't used because you use a better elite, e.g. warbanner. You have a boonstrip in a small area around you every 15s. a thief ( with rifle) has a boon convert at 1500 range - unblockable - every ~6 seconds (Depending on revealed duration). not to mention thieves have loads of evasion and stealth and shadowsteps, they can avoid more hits, and this - effectively survive longer - than a warrior, even though warrior has a higher effective HP,

> @"Valik Shin.9027" said:

> While having a new pve build would be nice, SB gives warrior the place it PvP it has desperately needed for a while now

but not everyone plays pvp, so why should an expansion that provides us with 5 PvE maps give us a PvP elite spec.

> @Kuulpb.5412 said:

> > @TwilightSoul.9048 said:

> > How would you justify doing similar dmg to a thief with a class that has almost twice as much Effective HP?

> > Of course warrior does less dmg then a thief, warrior makes up for that with his survivability and versatility (although we could argue about how viable all those weapons are..)

>

> Ah yes, because a thief - Dedicated to killing - should have MORE cc and boonstrip than a dedicated Boonstrip spec.

>

> The point I am getting at is Warrior/spellbreaker is Weak, It has low damage, which WOULD be fine - IF - The boonstrip + cc was more, At the moment If you don't use Dagger mainhand, You have a utility boonstrip, and an enite (Stationary) Boon strip. If we assume the elite isn't used because you use a better elite, e.g. warbanner. You have a boonstrip in a small area around you every 15s. a thief ( with rifle) has a boon convert at 1500 range - unblockable - every ~6 seconds (Depending on revealed duration). not to mention thieves have loads of evasion and stealth and shadowsteps, they can avoid more hits, and this - effectively survive longer - than a warrior, even though warrior has a higher effective HP,

I'll admit I do not main Warrior, I only play warrior in WvW - but I absolutely have more boonstrip then the average thief and I absolutely have more CC then anyone else.

Have you ever played SB with Hammer? It's fun, it's strong and it's manly (I would reccomend you play norn warrior)

And the Elite is incredibly strong since you block out all range attacks while you're standing inside and no one will want to fight you within your bubble, fortunatly you are pretty good at keeping them inside with hammer ;)

I'm sure it's an entirely different story in PvP but in WvW I have absolutely no complains about spellbreaker, actually I wouldn't be surprised to see some tiny nerfs here and there although I hope not since I love playing him in WvW.

> @Kuulpb.5412 said:

> > @TwilightSoul.9048 said:

> > How would you justify doing similar dmg to a thief with a class that has almost twice as much Effective HP?

> > Of course warrior does less dmg then a thief, warrior makes up for that with his survivability and versatility (although we could argue about how viable all those weapons are..)

>

> Ah yes, because a thief - Dedicated to killing - should have MORE cc and boonstrip than a dedicated Boonstrip spec.

>

> The point I am getting at is Warrior/spellbreaker is Weak, It has low damage, which WOULD be fine - IF - The boonstrip + cc was more, At the moment If you don't use Dagger mainhand, You have a utility boonstrip, and an enite (Stationary) Boon strip. If we assume the elite isn't used because you use a better elite, e.g. warbanner. You have a boonstrip in a small area around you every 15s. a thief ( with rifle) has a boon convert at 1500 range - unblockable - every ~6 seconds (Depending on revealed duration). not to mention thieves have loads of evasion and stealth and shadowsteps, they can avoid more hits, and this - effectively survive longer - than a warrior, even though warrior has a higher effective HP,

Are you forgetting full-counter? It will strip a boon due to [Dispelling Force](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dispelling_Force "https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dispelling_Force").

> @pierofv.8432 said:

> Spellbreaker is way too OP, it needs a "nerf" or at least an increase in the cool down of full counter and that's it, just look at this video, where a guy is soloing a Group Event

and in spvp and WvW is almost unkillable so don't say is weak when it's actually OP

i can do that event with mirage

Yes, how again does this make the Spellbreaker OP in PvE when a number of classes/builds can do this and this video was made by a very highly skilled player (check out their the solo high level fractal videos on a number of different classes)? A valid comparison would be to have the same player solo the event on a number of builds to see how long it would take for each one, so then we could truly see which one is "OP." Also none of this changes my experience that in PvE, the Spellbreaker daggers are underpowered and need a damage buff.

> @SWI.4127 said:

> > @Kuulpb.5412 said:

> > > @TwilightSoul.9048 said:

> > > How would you justify doing similar dmg to a thief with a class that has almost twice as much Effective HP?

> > > Of course warrior does less dmg then a thief, warrior makes up for that with his survivability and versatility (although we could argue about how viable all those weapons are..)

> >

> > Ah yes, because a thief - Dedicated to killing - should have MORE cc and boonstrip than a dedicated Boonstrip spec.

> >

> > The point I am getting at is Warrior/spellbreaker is Weak, It has low damage, which WOULD be fine - IF - The boonstrip + cc was more, At the moment If you don't use Dagger mainhand, You have a utility boonstrip, and an enite (Stationary) Boon strip. If we assume the elite isn't used because you use a better elite, e.g. warbanner. You have a boonstrip in a small area around you every 15s. a thief ( with rifle) has a boon convert at 1500 range - unblockable - every ~6 seconds (Depending on revealed duration). not to mention thieves have loads of evasion and stealth and shadowsteps, they can avoid more hits, and this - effectively survive longer - than a warrior, even though warrior has a higher effective HP,

>

> Are you forgetting full-counter? It will strip a boon due to [Dispelling Force](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dispelling_Force "https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dispelling_Force").

I suppose, However from my playstyle, I like using either dagger/dagger or axe/dagger with rifle, So with my build, excluding the elite I have 3-5 boonstrips ( which include the stuns) Which I will admit if managed is a lot, however professions like Mesmer and Necromancer can remove boons by auto attacking. Mesmer also removes boons of shatter, which means they can remove 4 boons at once with one skill, the most we can from one person is 2.

> @pierofv.8432 said:

> Spellbreaker is way too OP, it needs a "nerf" or at least an increase in the cool down of full counter and that's it, just look at this video, where a guy is soloing a Group Event

and in spvp and WvW is almost unkillable so don't say is weak when it's actually OP

You can solo group events with the right build on almost anything... this proves nothing honestly.

> @pierofv.8432 said:

I soloed that event with full zerker tempest, the boss is very easy to kite around so not a good comparision.

Spellbreaker shines in WvW in my opinion.

> @Kuulpb.5412 said:

> > @Hooglese.4860 said:

> > Spellbreaker is the strongest of the new elite specs and out performs Berserker in sPvP, which is was designed for. It might not have the damage Berserker has but Berserker is pure damage. It shouldn't do more damage than Berserker, it does however have more control and sustain than Berserker does.

>

> aaaaaaaaand how is that related to PvE?

It's not, but it doesn't have to be. Not every Espec is good in every aspect of the game. That's not a problem either as we have many choices to play the builds we like to maximum effectiveness in any game aspect.

Just have the spellbreaker be a bunker and send in a support every so often to cull people. Not every match needs all dps. if I can lure people to me and my team mates kill the people, It's still a win. I've watched this done with deadeye. Thief will force people to come at him or will Harrah distracted players.

> @Duelight.7198 said:

> Just have the spellbreaker be a bunker and send in a support every so often to cull people. Not every match needs all dps. if I can lure people to me and my team mates kill the people, It's still a win. I've watched this done with deadeye. Thief will force people to come at him or will Harrah distracted players.

It sounds like you never played during the bunker meta.

From a PvE standpoint, I feel like a Commander's stat Spellbreaker PS tank has potential... if it weren't for Chronomancer.

But ignoring the uber-tank Chronomancer, I think Spellbreaker has some potential. Full Counter provides more blocks, and you can still be great at Might-sharing while tanking by using Commander's gear. That hits the "still does an important job while tanking" aspect that a lot of other professions can't. I'm thinking maybe mace/shield and mace/sword weapon sets, to maximize the ability to block.

Do all of you think that could actually work, ignoring that Chronomancer is impossible to compete with?

> @Kuulpb.5412 said:

> > @"Valik Shin.9027" said:

> > While having a new pve build would be nice, SB gives warrior the place it PvP it has desperately needed for a while now

>

> but not everyone plays pvp, so why should an expansion that provides us with 5 PvE maps give us a PvP elite spec.

Cause PvP is also a part of the game and they got no new maps. Warrior doesn't need a new spec to be good in pve. Even power could be good if they would actually give warriors traits I good overhaul. Like axe mastery competing with forcefully greatsword and dual wielding doing something like +20% damage instead of the non attacking attack speed

• 5 months later...

> @"GuardianofRoin.8160" said:

> Honestly, Spell breaker struck me as a more debuff/tank spec. The full counter seems both a defense and a good counter plus this spec finally gives warriors a taunt skill, something that's been missing from tank builds.

warriors are bad tanks, guards and mesmer tank way more stuff, ive tried stacking armor on warrior and you still wont be able to sustain just one good roamer, i feel like toughness is useless in this game, just yesterday i was hit by meteor from ele with 7k each hit with almost 3.1k armor

no protection and real invulns or heals make them bad tanks

countering blows fits a duelist more than a tank anyways